Time for a shake up

Ministryofdad

Nothing will change, we'll bumble along for another few months hoping that somehow base metal turns into gold until all of a sudden St Johnstone find form and we're sucked into the Championship. Again. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Ministryofdad

• i8hibsh

• indianajones

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, angeleyes said:

John Eustace would be a good bet, in my book. Naisy can go back to coaching the youngsters. 

Horrendous! 

For me the players are much more of an issue than the manager. 

Savage should be the one we're replacing first, to allow him and McKinley to choose another manager would be irresponsible as a fan owned club..

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Savage should be the one we're replacing first, to allow him and McKinley to choose another manager would be irresponsible as a fan owned club..

Savage is the common link between the Neilson and Naismith eras and who oversees recruitment and scouting.  He is supposed to support the board on footballing activities.

I'm certainly not convinced.

rudi must stay

So we hope we'll score. I'm no manager but that is pathetic management. Instill that we will score that is the attitude. And Niewenhof you played cr@p mate none of the shaking your head

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Savage is the common link between the Neilson and Naismith eras and who oversees recruitment and scouting.  He is supposed to support the board on footballing activities.

I'm certainly not convinced.

For me he's interfered negatively to the squad Neilson was building, from what I heard guys like Beni and Simms were from Naismith influence.  Since the Summer of 22 Savage's transfer windows have been shocking.

Ricardo Quaresma

He was not as good as ibrox, but I think that performance got their attention and they singled him out

goldson trying to clatter all of our players until ref had a word

The White Cockade
50 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Exact same under Neilson - shat himself whenever we played the Old Firm, particularly big games in the cup. Set up not to get beat and then inevitably do because you invite so much pressure.

yeah not having a go at Naismith in particular just the way the club has gone  last few years 

i’ve always been a happy clapper but exactly what is the point of fans putting in millions , benefactors doing the same, great stadium etc etc when the team on the pitch is absolute dross 

make no mistake if nothing changes crowds will drop in the future and the atmosphere will either be toxic or there will be zero atmosphere as per the black days of the 70’s and early 80’s

except in those days there was an excuse as we didn’t have two pennies to run together and the players were paid sweeties

3 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Transfer window is 5 weeks away. We have 12+ games in this time.

It’s ample time to get a manager in and get rid of the Guff we have in the squad. 

The balance of the team is so bad; the midfield is absolutely terrible, with all players being too similar. The wingers aren't very good, except possibly ODA. The biggest issue, for me, is the midfielders. They aren't good enough, and we lack pace up top.

2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

You're absolutely correct and I think quite a few fans are coming to this realisation. The reality is our players lack physicality, creativity and leadership. Many of them are just not good enough so it's the recruitment strategy that we really need to be looking at.

Losing to Rangers in a semi-final is not unexpected. Having won only4 games, and being on the same points as Dundee, after the first round of fixtures in the league, is the real indication of "time for a shake up".

Another feeble performance that just sickens our loyal fans on a semi final against Rangers at Hampden. And just another example of incompetence from Ann Budge, her Board, the CEO and his head of football departments right down to the fans thinking ‘who would you want to keep in our first team squad’ ? The answer being the club needs a massive clear out of people who are just not doing a job they are employed to do. There is to much of the tail wagging the dog and if the FOH directors want to remain as the fans voice they’re going to have to start making our club stop the failures that have spread through Hearts from top to bottom. Ann Budge, Andrew McKinlay, Jacqui Duncan, Joe Savage, William Lancefield, Frankie McAvoy, Gordon Forrest and 90% of the first team squad have failed miserably. There are a few members of the staff I feel sorry for that have been left with having to work with people that just not capable of taking Hearts to any sort of success. 15,500 Season Ticket holders, FOH money, 17,000 plus average home attendances, TV money, sponsorship, advertising, donations and much more and yet the standard of player we employ is shocking. How many players out of our first team squad are worth keeping, Gordon, Clark, Kent, Kingsley, Vargas, Pollock, Denholm with either Shankland finding his form or getting sold. The rest with the exception of our youngsters will never amount to much with a few maybe raising a few quid in transfers. Ann Budge, Andrew McKinlay, Joe Savage would be my first heads out of the door. I now look forward to reading my fellow JKBers views and please be as complimentary with your plaudits as you wish because you all know I’M NEVER WRONG.

21 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I'd agree with that.

Does anyone think things will/can get better? 

Yeah, they can, our October run of games was always going to hurt but I have seen signs of improvement, in individuals and the team. 

Do I think he'll come good? I don't know, fingers crossed. I suspect he's too into coaching and improving individuals rather than the winning of games in the here and now, but there's very little chance he'll be gone before January IMO.

23 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

They have to act NOW

They won’t Naismith won’t be sacked because we are paying a manager for failure already, this shitshow will continue for that reason and we will stumble along with the board hoping something will happen and we will hover around the top 6 , I think will will end up bottom 6 then they will have no choice to get rid with them hoping Neilson has a new job by then saving them wages

23 hours ago, OTT said:

I want an experienced coach. 

Team is piss weak,  once we concede we're so ****ing vulnerable. 

Its not a bad squad, but we don't have a manager which is at least on a par with the quality of the squad. 

Correct . I do not know how some people are refusing to see where the problem lies 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Another feeble performance that just sickens our loyal fans on a semi final against Rangers at Hampden. And just another example of incompetence from Ann Budge, her Board, the CEO and his head of football departments right down to the fans thinking ‘who would you want to keep in our first team squad’ ? The answer being the club needs a massive clear out of people who are just not doing a job they are employed to do. There is to much of the tail wagging the dog and if the FOH directors want to remain as the fans voice they’re going to have to start making our club stop the failures that have spread through Hearts from top to bottom. Ann Budge, Andrew McKinlay, Jacqui Duncan, Joe Savage, William Lancefield, Frankie McAvoy, Gordon Forrest and 90% of the first team squad have failed miserably. There are a few members of the staff I feel sorry for that have been left with having to work with people that just not capable of taking Hearts to any sort of success. 15,500 Season Ticket holders, FOH money, 17,000 plus average home attendances, TV money, sponsorship, advertising, donations and much more and yet the standard of player we employ is shocking. How many players out of our first team squad are worth keeping, Gordon, Clark, Kent, Kingsley, Vargas, Pollock, Denholm with either Shankland finding his form or getting sold. The rest with the exception of our youngsters will never amount to much with a few maybe raising a few quid in transfers. Ann Budge, Andrew McKinlay, Joe Savage would be my first heads out of the door. I now look forward to reading my fellow JKBers views and please be as complimentary with your plaudits as you wish because you all know I’M NEVER WRONG.

Good post. Pointless constantly changing the bung in the bottom of the boat when it is rotting from the top down.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Correct . I do not know how some people are refusing to see where the problem lies 

I've already posted this once, but I'll do it again:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/revealed-paulo-sergios-hearts-game-plan-to-beat-celtic-in-scottish-cup-semi-final-201875

(I have no idea why rugby union is in the URL, hobos at the evening news trying to have cheeky dig no doubt....)

Anyway, Paulo had a plan to beat Celtic, Naismith didn't have a plan to beat Rangers - We started the 2nd half with no changes, nothing. Vs Paulo bringing on Beattie and forcing Celtic onto the back foot. Naisy could have brought on Oda or Boyce and given Shankland genuine support but he didn't and shock horror Rangers broke us down. 

An experienced manager earns their wages in these big one off games. Board has let us down here.

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

I've already posted this once, but I'll do it again:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/revealed-paulo-sergios-hearts-game-plan-to-beat-celtic-in-scottish-cup-semi-final-201875

(I have no idea why rugby union is in the URL, hobos at the evening news trying to have cheeky dig no doubt....)

Anyway, Paulo had a plan to beat Celtic, Naismith didn't have a plan to beat Rangers - We started the 2nd half with no changes, nothing. Vs Paulo bringing on Beattie and forcing Celtic onto the back foot. Naisy could have brought on Oda or Boyce and given Shankland genuine support but he didn't and shock horror Rangers broke us down. 

An experienced manager earns their wages in these big one off games. Board has let us down here.

It is just so blindingly obvious and people are tying themselves in knots to find some deeper reason 

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is just so blindingly obvious and people are tying themselves in knots to find some deeper reason 

Its not a bad thing showing loyalty to the manager, the insanity enters the building when you start blaming everyone else.

Looks to me like everyone at the club is doing everything right and trying their hardest to squeeze every pound out of the club to make the squad stronger. In other words giving the manager as much help as possible, looks to me like we are in a worse state than last season though, only real change is Ginnelly, no way is the drop off in form down to losing one player though. Other clubs have strengthened of course.

The only difference is the manager and the only debate for me is how long does he get before he gets his jotters.

The debate about why he was chosen is tired, boring and completely pointless.

Its clear to me that there are a serious amount of supporters that still live in the past and cant see any further than their own hooters. The blame game is as tedious as it is pointless.

Letting Naismith carry on is a difficult choice for a multitude of reasons, be thankful we as supporters dont have to make that decision.

My own current view is we stick with him, but that view is based on nothing more than a gut feeling, we may have funds available in January, would it be correct giving the current manager funds if there's a feeling his coats on a shoogly peg.

All decisions for the football people at the club, thankfully not the Hamsters on here 😉

As much as I don't like him it's time for Neil lennon to be appointed manager we need to get away from this hearts link or walking along the corridor safe option crap we need someone with no links to the club who doesn't mind being a bit renegade now and again this we are hearts we have morals crap needs to be binned we need a cutting edge because if we don't we'll just plod along with players and staff with no bite 

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

Mitch with his finger on the pulse I see. If only there at least 10 other threads saying the same thing. 

You name me in a way it seems personal but I really don’t care. I’ll tell you why I posted under a new thread I started which was put into this one, the reason was posting right after the game isn’t the best time probably because as a Hearts supporter you feel, maybe not yourself, let down again by your club. Let down not just by the team but the club from top to bottom. Just read my post and either agree or disagree or pick out the bits you like or don’t like, …. simple.

1 hour ago, wishawjambo said:

As much as I don't like him it's time for Neil lennon to be appointed manager we need to get away from this hearts link or walking along the corridor safe option crap we need someone with no links to the club who doesn't mind being a bit renegade now and again this we are hearts we have morals crap needs to be binned we need a cutting edge because if we don't we'll just plod along with players and staff with no bite 

Neil Lennon…..Please No.

1 hour ago, wishawjambo said:

I get the overall thinking but can't agree with Neil Lennon.

Ministryofdad

Who's hijacking this with Neil lennon chat. 

Get in the bin. 

We need a manager who has been there and done it. 

Need him to bring in coaching staff and his own players. 

If only we could attract Steve Clark. 

We need someone that's wanting to leave a legacy. 

On 05/11/2023 at 17:59, Jambo92 said:

For me he's interfered negatively to the squad Neilson was building, from what I heard guys like Beni and Simms were from Naismith influence.  Since the Summer of 22 Savage's transfer windows have been shocking.

absolutely💩no more no less,,sackable ??