More WOKE crap: Bursd this time. Dozens of bursd to be renamed

Ulysses

Howdy Doody Jambo

😂 Who's decision is it that come out with all this pish? Who gets to make the call? Are they from cloud cuckoo land ?

Is it government workers with ef all to do and have to make up shit to justify their job's?

The world is truly Donald ducked 

In 25 year's time common sense will be a university degree and all these trends of today will be for the bird's 

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

😂 who’s decision is it that come out with all this pish? Who gets to make the call? Are they from cloud cuckoo land ?

Is it government workers with ef all to do and have to make up shit to justify their job's?

The world is truly Donald ducked 

In 25 year's time common sense will be a university degree and all these trends of today will be for the bird's 

It’ll be the same people who decided that the front of each ambulance should say “ecnalubma” just in case you look in your rear view mirror and don’t recognise the noisy hi viz thing behind you with the flashing blue lights going nee naw nee naw….…🤷‍♂️………..and…….

whilst your transfixed on your rear view mirror for to long, you run into a stationary car but, fear not, there is an ecnalubma right behind you 😂

Edited by highlandjambo3

periodictabledancer

Nothing wrong with slaver statues being ditched in the briny but this Audobon mularkey is ridiculous. Why can't they just acknowledge the guy's past and let people decide accordingly. 

As for renaming the bursd..... I will always be a fan of Great Tits.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Maybe the birds 🐦 don't want to be called another name, maybe sparrows don't want to be called by another name and will find it offensive, shocking behaviour from the US ornithological society ( maybe they could change their name to people with too much time on their hands society)

9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Americans.  What can I say?

Probably being pushed by the Irish dispora🦆🦉🐤🐦🦩🦜😃

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, Cade said:

Consulting the public?

I look forward to Birdy McBirdFace.

This would require the American public to have a collective sense of humour. Don't forget that there's possibly a third or more of them think that Donald Trump is the best person to be their president - and they're deadly serious about that. 

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How do we know that they are even BURSD? Has anyone bothered to ask what they identify as?

I'm fairly sure the younger ones are chicks. :runaway:

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Nothing wrong with slaver statues being ditched in the briny but this Audobon mularkey is ridiculous. Why can't they just acknowledge the guy's past and let people decide accordingly. 

As for renaming the bursd..... I will always be a fan of Great Tits.

Even that is up for debate and should be a matter for public discourse.

1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

Even that is up for debate and should be a matter for public discourse.

This is a sedge warbler (Acrocephalus schoenabaenus).

It's a typical small warbler, and just about the same size as a European robin (Erithacus rubecula).

1549-Sedge-Warbler.jpg

Edited by Ulysses

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Clearly a brown wagtail.  :whistling: 

:clap:

henrysmithsgloves
5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’ll be the same people who decided that the front of each ambulance should say “ecnalubma” just in case you look in your rear view mirror and don’t recognise the noisy hi viz thing behind you with the flashing blue lights going nee naw nee naw….…🤷‍♂️………..and…….

whilst your transfixed on your rear view mirror for to long, you run into a stationary car but, fear not, there is an ecnalubma right behind you 😂

Usually it's four Audi rings taken up the full rear mirror 

th-449279730.jpg

25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wait till they start on the town and then the street names.

"The Post Office?  Go down Great Tit Street, and then take a left on to Boobies Road.  You can't miss it."

highlandjambo3
19 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Usually it's four Audi rings taken up the full rear mirror 

th-449279730.jpg

I’ve heard there is a link between Audi drivers and rings 😁

In about fifty years they’ll trawl through the digital lives of those who made these changes, discover one of them posted something on Facebook that, by the standards they live by then, doesn’t cut the mustard, and end up renaming the birds again.  

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

This is a sedge warbler (Acrocephalus schoenabaenus).

It's a typical small warbler, and just about the same size as a European robin (Erithacus rubecula).

1549-Sedge-Warbler.jpg

Why does it look like Donald Trump?

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve heard there is a link between Audi drivers and rings 😁

The Audi CEO was nicknamed "four rings" .

:oohmatron:

On account of being married four times. 

4 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Why does it look like Donald Trump?

Because it's not just a sedge warbler, it's a really unfortunate sedge warbler.  :laugh: 

5 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

What about us in Scotland, can we still call a speug  a speug and a stukki a stukki?

Is a speug what we'd call a sparrow?  The Gàidhlig word for a house sparrow is spitheag, which is pronounced "spee-ag"?

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Is a speug what we'd call a sparrow?  The Gàidhlig word for a house sparrow is spitheag, which is pronounced "spee-ag"?

It's spuggie and stuckie where I grew up, spuggie is indeed a sparrow and stuckie's a starling.

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It's spuggie and stuckie where I grew up, spuggie is indeed a sparrow and stuckie's a starling.

There's a chance speug/spuggie came across from Gàidhlig (or via Scots).  Not sure where stuckie might have originated, though.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

There's a chance speug/spuggie came across from Gàidhlig (or via Scots).  Not sure where stuckie might have originated, though.

That seems pretty likely. No, I'll ask my stepdad he's good with this stuff.

48 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Anybody noticed the title of the book ?

😂

😲

Looks like  the venerable RSPB has just outsourced their advertising to Mrs Brown & Alan Carr. 😀

henrysmithsgloves
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I know a place where the stukies " flee backwards,to keep the stoor oot their een"😄