Jump to content

More WOKE crap: Bursd this time. Dozens of bursd to be renamed


Ulysses

Recommended Posts

Howdy Doody Jambo

😂 Who's decision is it that come out with all this pish? Who gets to make the call? Are they from cloud cuckoo land ?

Is it government workers with ef all to do and have to make up shit to justify their job's?

The world is truly Donald ducked 

In 25 year's time common sense will be a university degree and all these trends of today will be for the bird's 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

😂 who’s decision is it that come out with all this pish? Who gets to make the call? Are they from cloud cuckoo land ?

Is it government workers with ef all to do and have to make up shit to justify their job's?

The world is truly Donald ducked 

In 25 year's time common sense will be a university degree and all these trends of today will be for the bird's 

It’ll be the same people who decided that the front of each ambulance should say “ecnalubma” just in case you look in your rear view mirror and don’t recognise the noisy hi viz thing behind you with the flashing blue lights going nee naw nee naw….…🤷‍♂️………..and…….

 

whilst your transfixed on your rear view mirror for to long, you run into a stationary car but, fear not, there is an ecnalubma right behind you 😂

Edited by highlandjambo3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

periodictabledancer

Nothing wrong with slaver statues being ditched in the briny but this Audobon mularkey is ridiculous. Why can't they just acknowledge the guy's past and let people decide accordingly. 

 

As for renaming the bursd..... I will always be a fan of Great Tits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Howdy Doody Jambo

Maybe the birds 🐦 don't want to be called another name, maybe sparrows don't want to be called by another name and will find it offensive, shocking behaviour from the US ornithological society ( maybe they could change their name to people with too much time on their hands society)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

 

Americans.  What can I say?

Probably being pushed by the Irish dispora🦆🦉🐤🐦🦩🦜😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, Cade said:

Consulting the public?

 

I look forward to Birdy McBirdFace.

This would require the American public to have a collective sense of humour. Don't forget that there's possibly a third or more of them think that Donald Trump is the best person to be their president - and they're deadly serious about that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How do we know that they are even BURSD? Has anyone bothered to ask what they identify as?

 

I'm fairly sure the younger ones are chicks. :runaway:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Nothing wrong with slaver statues being ditched in the briny but this Audobon mularkey is ridiculous. Why can't they just acknowledge the guy's past and let people decide accordingly. 

 

As for renaming the bursd..... I will always be a fan of Great Tits.

Even that is up for debate and should be a matter for public discourse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

Even that is up for debate and should be a matter for public discourse.

 

This is a sedge warbler (Acrocephalus schoenabaenus).

 

It's a typical small warbler, and just about the same size as a European robin (Erithacus rubecula).

 

1549-Sedge-Warbler.jpg

Edited by Ulysses
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

 

Clearly a brown wagtail.  :whistling: 

 

:clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

henrysmithsgloves
5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’ll be the same people who decided that the front of each ambulance should say “ecnalubma” just in case you look in your rear view mirror and don’t recognise the noisy hi viz thing behind you with the flashing blue lights going nee naw nee naw….…🤷‍♂️………..and…….

 

whilst your transfixed on your rear view mirror for to long, you run into a stationary car but, fear not, there is an ecnalubma right behind you 😂

Usually it's four Audi rings taken up the full rear mirror 

 

th-449279730.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wait till they start on the town and then the street names.

 

"The Post Office?  Go down Great Tit Street, and then take a left on to Boobies Road.  You can't miss it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

highlandjambo3
19 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Usually it's four Audi rings taken up the full rear mirror 

 

th-449279730.jpg

I’ve heard there is a link between Audi drivers and rings 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In about fifty years they’ll trawl through the digital lives of those who made these changes, discover one of them posted something on Facebook that, by the standards they live by then, doesn’t cut the mustard, and end up renaming the birds again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

 

This is a sedge warbler (Acrocephalus schoenabaenus).

 

It's a typical small warbler, and just about the same size as a European robin (Erithacus rubecula).

 

1549-Sedge-Warbler.jpg

Why does it look like Donald Trump?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve heard there is a link between Audi drivers and rings 😁

The Audi CEO was nicknamed "four rings" .

:oohmatron:

 

On account of being married four times. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Why does it look like Donald Trump?

 

Because it's not just a sedge warbler, it's a really unfortunate sedge warbler.  :laugh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

What about us in Scotland, can we still call a speug  a speug and a stukki a stukki?

 

Is a speug what we'd call a sparrow?  The Gàidhlig word for a house sparrow is spitheag, which is pronounced "spee-ag"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

Is a speug what we'd call a sparrow?  The Gàidhlig word for a house sparrow is spitheag, which is pronounced "spee-ag"?

 

It's spuggie and stuckie where I grew up, spuggie is indeed a sparrow and stuckie's a starling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

 

It's spuggie and stuckie where I grew up, spuggie is indeed a sparrow and stuckie's a starling.

 

There's a chance speug/spuggie came across from Gàidhlig (or via Scots).  Not sure where stuckie might have originated, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

There's a chance speug/spuggie came across from Gàidhlig (or via Scots).  Not sure where stuckie might have originated, though.

 

That seems pretty likely. No, I'll ask my stepdad he's good with this stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Anybody noticed the title of the book ?

😂

😲

Looks like  the venerable RSPB has just outsourced their advertising to Mrs Brown & Alan Carr. 😀

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

henrysmithsgloves
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

There's a chance speug/spuggie came across from Gàidhlig (or via Scots).  Not sure where stuckie might have originated, though.

I know a place where the stukies " flee backwards,to keep the stoor oot their een"😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Popular Now

    • Cruyff
      13
×
×
  • Create New...