Things you hate about other drivers?

Spellczech

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't see anything wrong with that tbh. Clearly slowing down allows you to make more accurate adjustments if needed. Especially if it's my cars wingmirror they take out 

Correct

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Spellczech

• tian447

• Unknown user

Drivers who overtake you then cut in front of you immediately to take a slip road exit! Drivers who invade your side of the road to overtake a cyclist. Tailgaters! 

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Chucked it or were chucked? Any decent  driving instructor will teach folk to only travel on a slip road at a speed where you can safely stop should there be no gap to join, then once you have joined you should accelerate to the speed limit as quickly and safely as you can.

Folk that fire up a slip road doing 70simply force drivers already on the road to slow down to let them out.

Decent driving instructor??

Well I thought after passing my theory/hazard perception test (at a higher level) then going on to pass an advanced driving test, this followed by the delivery of a practical driving lesson whilst a senior examiner sits in the back of the car scrutinising my delivery then, informing me if I’ve passed or failed then, giving me a grade from 1-6 (I got 5) would have made me a “decent” driving instructor but, it appears not, it would appear I was doing it wrong all along.

Can you please elaborate from your professional driving credentials what a “decent” driving instructor is?

FYI only %7 of people who train to instruct actually get through the 3 exams.

FYI there is a pupil training syllabus that covered all topics including merging with traffic…..you need to instil confidence in the pupil to match the speed (whatever that is) then join the traffic safely unless (read my last paragraph above)

On your test the examiner is looking at many different categories, one being “failing to make progress” (when progress can be made) I.e driving to slowly can be dangerous as it may force people to attempt to overtake.

Stopping at the end of a slip road is absolutely one of the most dangerous things you can do……..Look, I’ll explain this a bit more for you, most roads leading up to a slip road are 30/40 merging into free flowing traffic doing 70….that works out at say 30-40mph you need to make up to match the speed and this should be done on the slip road…...if you fail to make up this speed your mind starts to tell you there is no safe gap = foot on the brake = Dangerous.  A Lerner drivers first experience entering a slip road makes them a bit reluctant to push the accelerator.

It was only you who mentioned 70? Adjust your speed accordingly unless you have to stop.

The only time I’ve failed to join a free flowing carriageway from a slip road is when I’ve had a numpty in front of me.

Can you 

Edited by highlandjambo3