Things you hate about other drivers?

Spellczech

I have loads but one each so here goes:

People who chuck empty cans out of their windows on motorways and dual carriageways.

Had to watch in horror today as a big BMW SUV in front flattened a drinks can and then frisbee'd it at me - slammed on the brake even in the heavy rain and it just dipped before my bonnet and thumped the underside of the car...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Spellczech

• tian447

• Unknown user

Folk that park up and wait, leaving their headlights on, especially on the wrong side of the road.

There's no problem with people careering into parked cars, turn your lights off.

15 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Not indicating that they are turning off the roundabout, mainly during busy periods but it slows traffic flow.

This. 
Do we just guess where theyre going? 
Really nippy. 

Fitzroy Pointon
27 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Not indicating that they are turning off the roundabout, mainly during busy periods but it slows traffic flow.

Also people who indicate two exits before they actually turn off and go right up your arse because you had the audacity to enter the roundabout ahead of them. 

Drivers who turn out into the road in front of you forcing you to break when the road is clear behind you. Why ?

Folk who don't understand that when a lane is being closed you are still meant to use all of the lane then merge in turn as opposed to creating a 1000+ yard single file traffic jam. Often paired by someone who decides to block the empty lane because they think they know better.

People that join a motorway at 50mph and expect you to either move out the way or slow down to let them in. The other one is people driving slower than a lorry so the time it takes you to find a gap then pass them only for them to either speed up as your passing or fly past you 2mins later.  

periodictabledancer

Old people for just being on the road at any time  , parents going on the school run, lorry drivers who just pull out without warning on  motorways, people who ignore directions for car parks and just drive against the flow because they see a space they like , drivers who don't seem to understand that when there's  parked cars on their side of the road they don't have right of way to pull out into oncoming traffic. 

The elephant race of two lorries clogging up an entire motorway.

Middle lane passive aggressive types. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

6 hours ago, Herbert. said:

People that join a motorway at 50mph and expect you to either move out the way or slow down to let them in. The other one is people driving slower than a lorry so the time it takes you to find a gap then pass them only for them to either speed up as your passing or fly past you 2mins later.  

Feel that when caravan towing.

Crawl out in front of you and continue to crawl.

I'm shouting "Put your ****ing foot down!"

7 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Yeo, I add those that sit in the outside lane when the inside is empty. ****ing weirdos. 

After a game, heading back west on a busy inside lane, nose to tail on Slateford Road.  You get these f*ckers who sail up the outside lane as if heading for the Chesser Avenue turn-off, then indicate to join the inside lane.  Chancing f*cks!

11 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Ignorant *******s that park in disabled bays ... 

We're not all that bad  ,     say tesco for instance....15 disabled spaces....... when did you last see 15 disabled folk in the shop at once  :)

11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Drivers that get all abusive when I'm chucking my empty beer cans out the window. Hate a messy car.

you drive a van.

Folk that dont put their lights on when needed, beyond me, folk that drive to close on your rear, 

Edited by Harry Potter

People who dont thank you when you let them out.

People who dont acknowledge you when they pull out in front of you at a roundabout, even a wee wave is plenty to say "i misjudged that"

***** throwing mcdonalds bags out there windows.

Sticking your hazards on so you can block a lane of traffic and nip into your local shop.

(An Inverness speciality) people who suddenly stop at a roundabout when there’s clearly no-one on it and you just about run up their erse.

Not staying in the right-hand lane when on a roundabout on a dual carriageway.

And people who call any kind of dual carriageway a ‘motorway’

People who don’t drive Audis

1 hour ago, shlabalaba said:

We're not all that bad  ,     say tesco for instance....15 disabled spaces....... when did you last see 15 disabled folk in the shop at once  :)

When did the disableds start wearing a uniform? Or are they all in wheelchairs? 

People who can't understand that you indicate left, not right, before exiting a roundabout.

At traffic calming spots, where you have priority, one cheeky bugger decides to nip through and 2 or 3 follow them, meaning you have to stop. Honestly, I'm tempted to hold a screwdriver out of the window as they pass.

The 99.9%+ of drivers who don't know, (or is it care?), that when they approach a junction they're supposed to stop for pedestrians who are crossing, or waiting to cross the road they're turning into. Since the Highway Code was updated in January last year, I think 2 drivers have stopped to let me cross.

That's all for now, I'm away for a lie-down.😁

2 hours ago, shlabalaba said:

I see it a lot. Usually look in the windows to look for a blue badge and gob on the door handles of one's who don't have one. 

25 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I see it a lot. Usually look in the windows to look for a blue badge and gob on the door handles of one's who don't have one. 

The rules for using a blue badge say that if the person with the blue badge is the passenger, the driver is only supposed to stop in a disabled space to offload the passenger, park elsewhere, and then return to a disabled space when the disabled person needs to be picked up. I doubt that ever happens. Just something to bear in mind when you're on your gobbing patrol.

12 minutes ago, JKB Member C said:

The rules for using a blue badge say that if the person with the blue badge is the passenger, the driver is only supposed to stop in a disabled space to offload the passenger, park elsewhere, and then return to a disabled space when the disabled person needs to be picked up. I doubt that ever happens. Just something to bear in mind when you're on your gobbing patrol.

Unless the passenger needs the driver to assist them in the shop. The above only applies if the driver intends to stay in the car.

But anyway...

What has that got to do with cars parked in the disabled bays with no blue badge on display?

Edited by hughesie27

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, shlabalaba said:

Use the disabled bay….get out your car and walk with a limp….. works for me 😁

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Old people for just being on the road at any time  , parents going on the school run, lorry drivers who just pull out without warning on  motorways, people who ignore directions for car parks and just drive against the flow because they see a space they like , drivers who don't seem to understand that when there's  parked cars on their side of the road they don't have right of way to pull out into oncoming traffic. 

The elephant race of two lorries clogging up an entire motorway.

Middle lane passive aggressive types. 

I find that they quite often come back to find that they have a flat tyre.

I get the impression that motorists are less patient and more 'ragey' since the pandemic. 

The one that gets me now is when driving at 20mph in a 20mph zone, particularly on a wider road (which should never have been a 20mph zone - but that's by the by). There will very often be another driver sitting on the rear bumper but sticking out by about a third of the width of the car, waiting for that opportunity to overtake, quite frequently bipping the horn. Somehow that makes my car become a little wider and harder to overtake. 

highlandjambo3

Muppets that signal right as they approach a roundabout but, they actually want to go straight ahead…..”YOUR NOT TURNING RIGHT, YOUR GOING STRAIGHT AHEAD” no signal required ffs 🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, JKB Member C said:

The 99.9%+ of drivers who don't know, (or is it care?), that when they approach a junction they're supposed to stop for pedestrians who are crossing, or waiting to cross the road they're turning into. Since the Highway Code was updated in January last year, I think 2 drivers have stopped to let me cross.

That's all for now, I'm away for a lie-down.😁

As in driving, just take the iniative and walk right out as soon as you reach the kerb, well as long as theyre no doing 40 or something. Cars have brakes, generally good brakes these days, and I assume you have some sort of past school sports days muscle memory. You'll manage it it gets dicey! :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

As in driving, just take the iniative and walk right out as soon as you reach the kerb, well as long as theyre no doing 40 or something. Cars have brakes, generally good brakes these days, and I assume you have some sort of past school sports days muscle memory. You'll manage it it gets dicey! :thumbsup:

Aye, cars have good brakes but it's the drivers you have to worry about. I'd rather not take that chance. :) 

Just now, JKB Member C said:

Aye, cars have good brakes but it's the drivers you have to worry about. I'd rather not take that chance. :) 

You can usually tell fairly quickly whether someone is clued up and will step off, or had no intention of waiting for a car to turn in. I'll try and make eye contact if I'm driving but if they delay I'll more often than not just go. If I'm walking I'll generally tend to step out in front of cars, and tesat their brakes! :D

The new guidelines for allowing pedestrians to cross are a bit daft when it comes to roundabouts. You'll get a lot of rear end bumps from folk suddenly having to brake as the car in front stops at the exit to allow someone to cross.

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

You can usually tell fairly quickly whether someone is clued up and will step off, or had no intention of waiting for a car to turn in. I'll try and make eye contact if I'm driving but if they delay I'll more often than not just go. If I'm walking I'll generally tend to step out in front of cars, and tesat their brakes! :D

That's pretty much all the Highway code asks. You don't HAVE to stop if the pedestrian is showing no intention of crossing.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

That's pretty much all the Highway code asks. You don't HAVE to stop if the pedestrian is showing no intention of crossing.

Good to know, hughesie.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

you drive a van.

Folk that dont put their lights on when needed, beyond me, folk that drive to close on your rear, 

Just picked up a brand new one in actual fact.

Drove the other one into the breakers in the sky.

Folk driving right up my arse in a 20 zone.  When it happens I slow down to 18, if you still can’t take the hint its 15 😘

I drive for a living and can’t risk points on my licence I’m afraid, deal with it. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Parking on pavements, on corners, at junctions, etc

Not using indicators

Drivers who are going straight on at a round about, but cut across lanes cutting off other drivers who are taking a later exit

Parking on disabled bays, without the required badge

Dropping their children off at school gates, despite no vehicle access being allowed during school times

There will loads more pet hates about the most entitled section of the population.

People who buy and drive road / tarmac coloured (mid or dark gray) cars and then don't bother to put their headlights on when driving in bad weather, or conditions of poor visibility and low light. Driving an invisible vehicle may sound like fun but is really rather dangerous.  :ermm:

Also mid or dark grey isn't a colour; rather it's an absence of one (see also black, white, silver, or light gray). 

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Use the disabled bay….get out your car and walk with a limp….. works for me 😁

or just be fat...Sad truth is that people take massive liberties re disability and the allowances afforded to disabled people...

Same thing with parent and child spaces. Should we all not have the right to open our doors without someone parking so close you have to enter via the passenger side when returning, or someone dinging your car? Should not all spaces have a 3 foot chevron at the driver's side?

I cannot stand that I park on my own away from other cars and whilst I'm in the shop my apparent blue beacon of a car has attracted people who cannot park to line up next to me and my car looks like it has attracted a gang of new friends, or I return to my car to find some driving instructor having his student practice parking with my car as the "obstruction" to be avoided...

Drivers in Edinburgh who still don’t understand how bus lanes work. Slateford Road and Calder Road are especially bad for drivers cutting in at the end of the lane without indicating!! 

Drivers in my estate in Baberton cutting corners and not indicating. Gives me the irrational rage 😄

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Drivers in Edinburgh who still don’t understand how bus lanes work. Slateford Road and Calder Road are especially bad for drivers cutting in at the end of the lane without indicating!! 

Drivers in my estate in Baberton cutting corners and not indicating. Gives me the irrational rage 😄

"I stay in Baberton and I live in a Housing Estate". 

image.png.c06761480c4e7429fd3757edb8f1f172.png

52 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

People who buy and drive road / tarmac coloured (mid or dark gray) cars and then don't bother to put their headlights on when driving in bad weather, or conditions of poor visibility and low light. Driving an invisible vehicle may sound like fun but is really rather dangerous.  :ermm:

Also mid or dark grey isn't a colour; rather it's an absence of one (see also black, white, silver, or light gray). 

Be the 1st to moan if someone hit them, see and be seen is the way, brown must be the worst car colour. 

44 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Add to that,  people who buy green cars and drive in the countryside. 

People who drive green cars? Who'd buy one?