We Asked For Effort Well We Got It

alicante jambo

alicante jambo

All we wanted was effort from the players 100% and most of them played for the badge today. Blame lies with 1 player why we lost that but the players gave their all. Onto the livvi game for a huge 3 points.

4 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

All we wanted was effort from the players 100% and most of them played for the badge today. Blame lies with 1 player why we lost that but the players gave their all. Onto the livvi game for a huge 3 points.

I agree with the vast majority of your post.

My gripe is that Beni gave nothing today.  In a way it's a shame that he is obviously paranoid about getting another injury.

Not really the point though when it's a team game.

39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

My gripe is that Beni gave nothing today.  In a way it's a shame that he is obviously paranoid about getting another injury.

I thought Beni had a decent game today kept possession under pressure and kept ball moving. Also thought Hoff had a good game and was surprised when he was subbed. 

1 hour ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Id agree we got 45 minutes of it. 

I'm not sure why we changed so much at HT

Devils advocate - Rangers changed their game plan, and we needed to try and manage that change. 

More so, a losing manager changing gears, than a winning manager cocking it up if that makes sense. 

Ministryofdad

For 45 mins. 

Football is a 90 minute game. 

Some would say it's a game of two half's. 

We deserved everything we got today. 

It will be the same next week at Hampden. 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Beni was excellent in the first half, as was Hoff

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

I thought Beni had a decent game today kept possession under pressure and kept ball moving. Also thought Hoff had a good game and was surprised when he was subbed. 

Beni looked good in the first half.

Less so in the second but that applies across the whole team.

We have to be patient with Beni.  60 good minutes today and he is getting there with his fitness.

we are doing these ****ers next Sunday

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I'm no Beni fan, but I thought he did very well today

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Me too . Beni was class today 

It was a good trip. It is another game like Hibs where we ended up disappointed.

They have to start a run of wins in the league. Otherwise we start again with a new manager. 

2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Yep. Was expecting much the same as last week against smeltic, performance and result, but fair play to the players, they gave it plenty, baring Harings brain fart... just a pity we couldn't hold out for the win.

It's the hope that kills you 

45 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Beni looked good in the first half.

Less so in the second but that applies across the whole team.

Fair point about second half, but his midfield partnership with Hoff looked good today. 

A far better performance than we've seen in recent weeks. Good to see pretty much everyone get stuck in and give it their all.  Shanks, cochrane, offiah until he went off, the hoff and beni were the stand outs for me.  Vargas could have been more adventurous at times but overall did well. I thought grant was anonymous. We had possession down our left at one point and he showed no interest at all in making himself available for the ball. Sibbick had an OK game but he makes too many mistakes and isn't defensively minded for me. Need to improve on him. Overall though, a big improvement. Now watch us go back to being crap again v livi!! 

Celtic aside we’ve played well in periods against (for want of a better term) top 6 teams and in Europe. Those teams want to play football and we can go toe to toe with that as our attacking players get the space to play in, it’s more instinctive and the general pace of the game is quicker. Our problems sit with the other teams who give us the ball press us in their own half then launch counter attacks, we can’t cope with that and unfortunately that’s exactly what Livi will do midweek!

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, db211833 said:

Beni was excellent in the first half, as was Hoff

they were indeed very good !!!!!!!!!

but when we put haring and hailday on I knew rangers were going to score !!!!!!!!!!!  nightmare !!!!!!!!!:rifle:

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Beni played well in the first half maybe less so in the 2nd, also thought he got stuck in  certainly more so than in recent games he's played in, it'll take time for his confidence to return fully, but the signs were there.

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

they were indeed very good !!!!!!!!!

but when we put haring and hailday on I knew rangers were going to score !!!!!!!!!!!  nightmare !!!!!!!!!:rifle:

I don’t think Halliday did much wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

when Haring came on though I got the fear. Justifiably so

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Effort is the bare minimum we should be getting ffs! Naismith needs driven out of Tynecastle asap.

Deary me... no wonder this club is toxic. 

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

I think Rowles was a wee bit like that and he got past that but haven't noticed it with Beni yet, he's still got a fair bit to go to recover fully, good dose of minutes there though, he'll get there

Selkirkhmfc1874

We were really good in 1st half yesterday , if only we could play like that for the 90mins ! Was same against the hobos very good in 1st half

17 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Pity George Grant didn’t get the brief 

RustyRightPeg
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Beni was good yesterday, as he was against Celtic last week. 

I think people have forgotten what he was like pre injury. Devlin did what he does next to him and Beni always kept it very simple. 

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Michael Stewart was raving about his first half performance.

On 29/10/2023 at 17:35, Morgan said:

more games, more confidence.

Edited by Harry Potter

It's a funny old game, people can see it so differently. I thought Beni was very good first half, brave on the ball coordinating a lot of our moves. We played a number of good moves from our own box up into their 3rd, actually had the ibrox crowd booing at times when they couldn't get the ball as only half the team were pressing. All came thru Beni, I've been guilty of writing him off but play like that more often and it looks like he's back. 

Second half, my thoughts were simply that the stronger team at home stepped it up a gear. Showing all the more importance that we get off to a fast start this Sunday. We done well to keep them out until the mistake, cant really remember any chances that we were carved open like last weekend. It seemed more like desperate crosses and long shots. I'd liked to have seen Oda for Vargas to provide a better outball, but that was canned due to Sibbick injury. 

15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

pity you can't spell a Hearts players name correctly.

agree on both points

15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

20 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Pity you can't start a sentence with a capital letter.😝

On 29/10/2023 at 19:46, Taffin said:

Who's we?

I asked for points...effort or no effort.

This.

A loss is a loss, you dont move up the table based on effort. Its a total losers mentality , the whole "you tried and thats good enough atitude". In the grand scheme of things losing at Ibrox isnt anything new but a decent effort and a loss isnt enough to swing my opinion of the current management, will be sitting in 8th place come tonight, nowhere near good enough.

Not going judge us on playing the ugly sisters. It's games like game tomorrow that are far more important. We fail tomorrow and we are in shit. 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

ha ha, like a kids playground.

Plus, typing in the vernacular is not a good look!

😗

On 29/10/2023 at 20:47, Sir PH said:

Don't ask me why, but I've a feeling we're going to hammer Livingston. 

Me too. Really think we’re going to click but usually when I think that we lose :lol: 

3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Pity you can't start a sentence with a capital letter.😝

weh hey! lol

oh sh-t. i did it again 

and again.

I can't stop - help me!

On 29/10/2023 at 17:28, alicante jambo said:

Kent?

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

weh hey! lol

oh sh-t. i did it again 

and again.

I can't stop - help me!

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

weh hey! lol

oh sh-t. i did it again 

and again.

I can't stop - help me!

You did stop. No help required.😁

6 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

weh hey! lol

oh sh-t. i did it again 

and again.

I can't stop - help me!

5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

You did stop. No help required.😁

Didn't this monkey's battery run out? 👇

Screenshot_20231031_174334_Google.jpg

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Americana said:

This.

A loss is a loss, you dont move up the table based on effort. Its a total losers mentality , the whole "you tried and thats good enough atitude". In the grand scheme of things losing at Ibrox isnt anything new but a decent effort and a loss isnt enough to swing my opinion of the current management, will be sitting in 8th place come tonight, nowhere near good enough.

That's not what people are saying but you know that already eh?

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

All we wanted? I'd reword that to the minimum we expect.

This is where it's at