5-1 it should have been 10

Ricardo Quaresma

p!sh article and they won't pay our price in January

Bet he didn't hint of any intent either

Just more unsettling attempts and that arsehole tanner now

They'll only bid crap money, ever

20 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Probably never heard of him. 

He's heard of him.   Will he rate him highly.    Right now, I doubt it.  He's interesting that's about it.   I can see Shankland putting in some extra effort so it might not be completely a bad thing there's interest.   Will he lose his composure, that's another interest. 

I really don’t think Rangers need to unsettle us to win. I don’t think we’ll have Shankland after the summer, if he goes to Rangers I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I really don’t think Rangers need to unsettle us to win. I don’t think we’ll have Shankland after the summer, if he goes to Rangers I wouldn’t be surprised.

Exactly. Paranoid nonsense. 

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Best thing we could do is get Shanks on an extension. 

I've been saying this since before the summer. We need to get that deal sorted out.

If there’s any hint of interest from Rangers he isn’t signing a contract extension.   He isn’t stupid, neither is his agent. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
22 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Like they'd even go near him on this seasons performances 

Spot on 

8 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Based on this seasons performances Shankland would be lucky to get a move to Arniston Rangers.

On the other hand?

They offer £2m to £3m he will be off now. His value is dropping like a stone if he can't score goals, let's just hope its not dropping on purpose to get a move in January. Very strange that all that speculation of a big money move 3 months ago didn't come to anything now he's going about like he is pissed off all the time. So would I bet if I could have probably earned 500% more per week.

I genuinely hope this is true. I’d take the money. 

Miss his goal obv but he’s a big part of the problem right now. 

Can’t play up top on his own and when someone plays up with him we get murdered in midfield. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
12 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

IF They offer £2m to £3m he will be off now. 

That's a big IF. They won't ever offer anything that we'd deem an appropriate amount. 

Theme From Sparta F.C.

And if The Rangers bid for him it won't be cash up front. It'll be paid in installments....

And we've had our fingers burnt by that mob before with that.

Cash up front or bolt!!!

:bolt:

ps: it never fails that there's an unsettling story in the press just before we play them.

It makes your blood boil....

Glamorgan Jambo

No doubt his agent was at it in the summer. Especially with the Saudi stuff.

Hiweber the links with Hunbrox are solely down to our two games in the next 8 days.

42 minutes ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

And if The Rangers bid for him it won't be cash up front. It'll be paid in installments....

Cash up front or bolt!!!

ps: it never fails that there's an unsettling story in the press just before we play them.

Unsettling? 😂 We are utter dug meat and will get pumped, regardless of this story.

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

They offer £2m to £3m he will be off now. His value is dropping like a stone if he can't score goals, let's just hope its not dropping on purpose to get a move in January. Very strange that all that speculation of a big money move 3 months ago didn't come to anything now he's going about like he is pissed off all the time. So would I bet if I could have probably earned 500% more per week.

It's not a case that Shankland can't score goals, we're just not getting the ball to him.  He showed against Celtic that if we just give him the ball on the edge of the box, he has more than enough talent and ability to put it in the back of the net - that goal was a peach, and it's a shame it counted for nothing. 

Shankland is suffering from our tactics being absolutely ****ing brutal. Unfortunately, if he went to the blue arse cheek, he'd be back up to 30 goals a season without breaking a sweat. 

9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Unsettling? 😂 We are utter dug meat and will get pumped, regardless of this story.

Jeez!

Am I the only person heading to Ibrox with hope in his/her ❤️?

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Best thing we could do is get Shanks on an extension. 

I've been saying this since before the summer. We need to get that deal sorted out.

Agreed. Folk saying he’s not looking interested etc is laughable. He’s playing under a rookie manager who hasn’t the foggiest in how to play him.

if we had a proper manager he would be banging them in

The usual nonsense before a game against them. The fact that is being reported by a supposed Jambo is worse. If they are interested and the money is right. Let him go. 

9 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

The usual nonsense before a game against them. The fact that is being reported by a supposed Jambo is worse. If they are interested and the money is right. Let him go. 

Shankland won't give a toss about the story. It's paranoid bollocks to think these stories come out so that we play crap against Rangers or Celtic. 

Ok so why does it regularly occur when teams play the old firm. I did not say that it would effect the outcome of the game but that often appears to be the intention. There is an argument to suggest it may inspire him to play well in order to get suggested move. There is no doubt that Lawrence Shankland has looked like a petulant child this season whether that is because he is frustrated with his own form or because he did not get a move to his beloved Rangers I do not know. You seem to have more insight into his state of mind perhaps you can enlighten.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Always happened and no doubt always will

Yup, we used to run a sweepstake back in the day on when wee Chick Hun would come out with a “ I can exclusively reveal, that (insert Hearts player’s name) will be at ibrox for signing talks”  always,  he came out with this shite just before we played them, it was like a pantomime, farcical humour.:lol:

For as long as I can remember the Glasgow press has always printed stories about our top talent when we play the uglies. Probably other teams too. The intention always has been to unsettle the player in question. You don't see that in England. If it wasn't for Hearts I'd be done with football. People I've worked with in England refuse to believe how bad it is in Scotland and just think its sour grapes on my part. 

8 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I genuinely hope this is true. I’d take the money. 

Miss his goal obv but he’s a big part of the problem right now. 

Can’t play up top on his own and when someone plays up with him we get murdered in midfield. 

Spot on

9 hours ago, Philfigo said:

That’s because there was no big money deal around. Probably only interested club in the summer were Rangers and they weren’t paying anywhere close to what we wanted, as usual.  Now though they will get him for loose change. 

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Philfigo said:

He won't get 500% more from anyone apart from a saudi move

Seemingly there was interest from the Championship in the summer.  On current form it's more likely that it's Berwick rangers who are interested 

9 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

Cash up front or bolt!!!

When did we get our fingers burnt before?

11 hours ago, Rudy T said:

As I said on the match thread, Shanks is already unsettled.  His poor form will drag down any bid and does he want to go there and have a miraculous return to the form of last season?

Just now, jr ewing said:

Lee Wallace 

We never got our fingers burnt. We were in the shit financially and negotiated a lower payment to get an early settlement from them. If anything it helped us.

I'd still prefer cash up front mind.

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Agreed. Folk saying he’s not looking interested etc is laughable. He’s playing under a rookie manager who hasn’t the foggiest in how to play him.

if we had a proper manager he would be banging them in

Yeah, hard to get away from that - and despite that he's scored important goals. 

Money aside, if we want much hope of Shanks committing, I think an experienced manager is a must. 

I do see a lot of folk criticising his form, kind of think this is the best time to be speaking to him about a new deal. 

rudi must stay
14 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Like they'd even go near him on this seasons performances 

A hat-trick v Celtic makes him a player on their radar.

I'm not really fussed if he goes. He'll probably have his head turned. £2,000,000 would be very welcome

(I am not ITK just speculating)

Bet you a pound to a penny that Butterfingers will be sold to Birmingham in January, that will be the only way they will be able to buy anyone, plus the fact that Skelator has never had anything to do with transfers he leaves it to the SD it will end in tears