Top Posters In This Topic

• AlimOzturk

• Tazio

• vegas-voss

• Shooter McGavin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yeah. Strange how Ngannu was so passive and non plussed about the verdict when he should have been going radio rental .    Did he know something we didn't

Handsome pay-off. Now looking good for such pay-offs in the future. Didn't actually expect to win. Career not on the line. No rankings, belts etc at play. He'll be very pleased with what he got out of it, although he knows he was robbed of a "win".

jack D and coke

Fury goes on and on about being great. Hes a big fraud. He’s only had 6 world title fights and 3 to the same guy.
How shite must Wilder be too :lol: 
No wonder he avoids AJ. 

And of course the announcement is made this morning that the fight against Usyk has been cancelled until a later date. Surprising absolutely no one. 

been here before
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And of course the announcement is made this morning that the fight against Usyk has been cancelled until a later date. Surprising absolutely no one. 

It was only talk about 23rd Dec being the date, no specific date was officially announced.

Uzyk has already stated that he has a few old niggling injuries and needs a 14 week camp.

That in itself would take the date to late January at the very earliest.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

It was only talk about 23rd Dec being the date, no specific date was officially announced.

Uzyk has already stated that he has a few old niggling injuries and needs a 14 week camp.

And Fury was ranting recently that Usyk would fight him in December no matter what occurs. So in typical fashion Fury was happy to arrange the fight for then as it may leave Usyk short of fitness. But now he wants more time that goes out the window. The fat fraud will probably end up fighting Chisora again. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Usyk said to him and Warrens face last night he is ready to go on the 23rd 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

That nasty scratch on Fury's head must have caused the delay 🤣

been here before
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Usyk said to him and Warrens face last night he is ready to go on the 23rd 

Of course he'll say that after last night :rofl:

Ill be ready to fight Fury on the 23rd after that showing.

On 29/10/2023 at 10:46, Diadora Van Basten said:

Jack Catterall lost fair and square the squealing from the commentators was appalling. They spent the last four rounds banging on about how great Catterall was whilst Josh was winning each round and Catterall was in survival mode.

Not sure Catterall lost that fair and square but it was certainly closer than was made out. It is quite amusing to rewatch the fight on youtube from the US tv channel, where the commentators thought Taylor won.

It should be "open scored" so the boxers know the score at the end of each round.  The way it is currently done makes it seem very dodgy.  

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Not sure Catterall lost that fair and square but it was certainly closer than was made out. It is quite amusing to rewatch the fight on youtube from the US tv channel, where the commentators thought Taylor won.

It should be "open scored" so the boxers know the score at the end of each round.  The way it is currently done makes it seem very dodgy.  

Catterall thought he had won it by the seventh and spent the rest of the fight time wasting and holding. If we had open scoring then this would be the norm for boxing the person ahead would just avoid getting knocked out by not fighting so I am not in favour. I think if there had been an unofficial score card on the TV at that fight instead of a stat about punches landed (that doesn’t matter in Professional boxing) then people wouldn’t have been that surprised by the result.

20 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Catterall thought he had won it by the seventh and spent the rest of the fight time wasting and holding. If we had open scoring then this would be the norm for boxing the person ahead would just avoid getting knocked out by not fighting so I am not in favour. I think if there had been an unofficial score card on the TV at that fight instead of a stat about punches landed (that doesn’t matter in Professional boxing) then people wouldn’t have been that surprised by the result.

The problem is that carbon copies of fights like that go the other way, and at times it seems it does matter (punches landed).  It's also a problem that boxing basically looks like fighting and we kinda inherently know what winning that is like.  When I watch boxing I think I know who won, it's not like rugby where it's like cryptography.

It seems to me your point about open scoring works both ways and the other side would know they need a knockout. 

40 minutes ago, WageThief said:

The problem is that carbon copies of fights like that go the other way, and at times it seems it does matter (punches landed).  It's also a problem that boxing basically looks like fighting and we kinda inherently know what winning that is like.  When I watch boxing I think I know who won, it's not like rugby where it's like cryptography.

It seems to me your point about open scoring works both ways and the other side would know they need a knockout. 

Boxing seems to like to point score in the amateurs when it suits the narrative.Biggest problem with the judging is they all seem to be old as **** that are doing the scoring.Take the scorecards posted on here they are all over the shop right from the first round one has Fury landing 3/8 and another has him landing 8/25 

I always reckon with boxing, if you are fighting against a champion in his backyard then you need a KO or TKO...relying on points is a waste of time

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Boxing seems to like to point score in the amateurs when it suits the narrative.Biggest problem with the judging is they all seem to be old as **** that are doing the scoring.Take the scorecards posted on here they are all over the shop right from the first round one has Fury landing 3/8 and another has him landing 8/25 

Yeah, you can't really judge punches properly and whether they land, especially when they are Sugar Ray Leonard style show punches.  You could do it with technology I suppose.  

Anyway, some proper boxing