Tyson Fury fight live links?

dustybin

Fury won before the bell rang. Money runs everything, let Francis make a good account of himself and get a big paycheck and on to Fury - Usyk. GTF Saudi Arabia and there sports washing

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlimOzturk

• Tazio

• vegas-voss

• Shooter McGavin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Agree with am everyone though..Usyk beats fury easily. 

I've always thought Usyk is a nightmare for Fury and that Fury's resume is overrated (Klitschko granted but Wilder is a crap boxer) but it was close because of his size and skillset. Going to be generous and say he was undercooked for this fight and he won't be as bad if he fights Usyk but he needs to be levels above tonight as Usyk is different gravy.

Ngannou was a total class act throughout. Will be interesting if he sticks to boxing.

1 minute ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Exactly how I seen it.

Terrible fight. No way Fury is ready for another fight this year. 

Ngannou won the 8th easily and then rounds 9 and 10 they pretty much stood and looked at each other. 

Shooter McGavin

So a former world champion boxer, in two different weight classes, gave Ngannou 7 rounds. But one of the judges gave Fury 7 rounds?

How can a former world champ boxer see a fight so differently to a judge?

It just doesn’t make any sense 😂

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Central Belt 1874
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Ngannou won the 8th easily and then rounds 9 and 10 they pretty much stood and looked at each other. 

It was obvious to me Fury was going to to win after rounds 9 and 10. Laughable. That was not boxing. 

A pure show for the Saudis and the £££.

Edited by Central Belt 1874
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I've always thought Usyk is a nightmare for Fury and that Fury's resume is overrated (Klitschko granted but Wilder is a crap boxer) but it was close because of his size and skillset. Going to be generous and say he was undercooked for this fight and he won't be as bad if he fights Usyk but he needs to be levels above tonight as Usyk is different gravy.

Ngannou was a total class act throughout. Will be interesting if he sticks to boxing.

Signed back for the MMA world. Although I think he’s mental because he is now a massive boxing draw. More money less

physical risk. 

He is actually a right good boxer. Size makes a huge difference in HW boxing and he

has it in abundance. 

4 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

That decision was as bent as the one Josh Taylor got against Jack Catterall.

Agreed, thankfully teo set the record straight

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So a former world champion boxer, in two different weight classes, gave Ngannou 7 rounds. But one of the judges gave Fury 7 rounds?

Carl Frampton often goes against judges score cards. Haven’t seen him agree with one yet. 

5 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Nothing beats that fight for an injustice and total stain on boxing. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Signed back for the MMA world. Although I think he’s mental because he is now a massive boxing draw. More money less

physical risk. 

He is actually a right good boxer. Size makes a huge difference in HW boxing and he

has it in abundance. 

Ah didn't know that. Agreed about his talent and financial capability in boxing. Because of tonight he would immediately be in big fights 

physical risk. 

has it in abundance. 

Usyk would have danced circles around Francis tonight. Fury was either unprepared or it was a money job. Thankfully Usyk is the type of man who won't sell himself out.

The fight was close and can see why folk folk thought Ngannu won. I saw it differently. Fury started boxing after the knockdown and knicked the rounds. 

Jabs mean a lot in boxing and fury out jabbed him. Simple as that. 

Central Belt 1874

The fight was close and can see why folk folk thought Ngannu won. I saw it differently. Fury started boxing after the knockdown and knicked the rounds. 

Pretty much this. Had FN had a couple of fights in the ring before this he probably would have won that comfortably. 

Cameronstheman
13 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Some on here see it different, like TF pinched early rounds, thats what you are dealing with .Knocked down in the 3rd but still won the round according to some experts , jesus wept 

Surprised so many people think Francis won. I think I gave Fury 7 rounds and the 10-8 for Francis so a narrow win for unimpressive Fury. 

Francis did well and boxed smart and compact. I couldn't honestly say he won though.

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He barely landed a telling shot all night.Also the bias in the Dazn commentary everything was -  great shot Fury Ngannou walks straight through it though.In the replays it showed he was hitting the gloves.

Edited by vegas-voss

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Surprised so many people think Francis won. I think I gave Fury 7 rounds and the 10-8 for Francis so a narrow win for unimpressive Fury. 

Francis did well and boxed smart and compact. I couldn't honestly say he won though.

It was a very close fight some rounds hard to score.I gave Fury the first  2 rounds after that I could definitely say 2 more but a lot where hard to score and very close.Actually said to the wife I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave it a draw.

At the end of the day though it was really just an exhibition fight.Both men come away a lot richer and Ngannou gets all the plaudits and they both move on.

It's not a close fight when the decision has been made before the 1st punch is thrown. Not that much leather was thrown anyway.

Both men could have gone on for another 10 rounds at that pace. 

16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It was a very close fight some rounds hard to score.I gave Fury the first  2 rounds after that I could definitely say 2 more but a lot where hard to score and very close.Actually said to the wife I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave it a draw.

At the end of the day though it was really just an exhibition fight.Both men come away a lot richer and Ngannou gets all the plaudits and they both move on.

Agree on all points.

I gave Fury 1,4 and the last 5 rounds. A lot of MMA fans seem to struggle with boxing scoring and are bleating on about robberies. It was no robbery but N'Gannou was great and had the best moment.

A lot of rounds just passed him by though and those rounds add up.

Was way better than I was expecting. 

Dennis Reynolds

Think folk are being very generous giving Fury the last five rounds. He got battered in the eighth. Would also have given FN the last one as well.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

You land punches, you win fights....

fury-ngannou-compubox-punch-stats.jpg.2a79677dd0ed69239cc240c492b60d39.jpg

That's not quite true when every round is scored individually. 

You could land 50 punches more than your opponent in round one and one less in every other round and you'll lose despite landing way more punches.

It's not just scored on number of punches though.

13 minutes ago, been here before said:

fury-ngannou-compubox-punch-stats.jpg.2a79677dd0ed69239cc240c492b60d39.jpg

Nope. 

Rounds are scored individually. 

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Carl Frampton often goes against judges score cards. Haven’t seen him agree with one yet. 

Says more about the judges/corruption.

Francis Ngannu is like an armoured tank. He’s a total genetic freak. Fury quickly realised that he couldn’t hurt him and he couldn’t wrestle him. It must have demoralising watching bombs just bounce off him like they was nothing. 

Mad to think that Fury was being touted by some as the best heavyweight ever. Boil his career down and you’ve got a snorefest victory against an over the hill Klitchsko and 2 victories over Wilder, who is completely lacking in any boxing fundamentals and is purely reliant on his right hand (which is monstrous to be fair).

Then he gets put on his arse and scrapes by a UFC fighter 😂. Usyk would absolutely batter him. Can’t see that fight happening. I predict another ‘retirement’ might be imminent. 

been here before
52 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

That's not quite true when every round is scored individually. 

You could land 50 punches more than your opponent in round one and one less in every other round and you'll lose despite landing way more punches.

It's not just scored on number of punches though.

49 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nope. 

Rounds are scored individually. 

Well thanks for that insight gents.

Using your insider knowledge you'll see that over all Fury landed a greater percentage of his punches than Ngannou particularly round 5 onward.

Just now, been here before said:

Well thanks for that insight gents.

Using your insider knowledge you'll see that over all Fury landed a greater percentage of his punches than Ngannou particularly round 5 onward.

He did but that's not what you said. A fight is not just scored on punches landed though, there's all sorts of things taken in to consideration. Aggression, ring control and defensive qualities.

Not meaning to patronise you but this is worth a read.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/how-is-boxing-scored-points-rules-scores-and-deductions-used-by-judges-and-referees/zncunu9sov881vkqqvvqlsu67

been here before
1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

He did but that's not what you said. A fight is not just scored on punches landed though, there's all sorts of things taken in to consideration. Aggression, ring control and defensive qualities.

Not meaning to patronise you but this is worth a read.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/how-is-boxing-scored-points-rules-scores-and-deductions-used-by-judges-and-referees/zncunu9sov881vkqqvvqlsu67

Im more than aware how fights are scored and how a British judge could score a fight differently to a Mexican who would score it different to an American and so on.

Ngannou perhaps took the fight more to Fury but that doesnt necassary follow he was more aggresive (something British judges dont traditionally mark) nor does it follow that being aggressive translates as boxing well you need to be 'effectively aggresive'...

I dont wish to patronise you but this is worth a read...

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/ever-wondered-how-professional-boxing-s-scoring-system-works

35 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Mad to think that Fury was being touted by some as the best heavyweight ever. Boil his career down and you’ve got a snorefest victory against an over the hill Klitchsko and 2 victories over Wilder, who is completely lacking in any boxing fundamentals and is purely reliant on his right hand (which is monstrous to be fair).

Then he gets put on his arse and scrapes by a UFC fighter 😂. Usyk would absolutely batter him. Can’t see that fight happening. I predict another ‘retirement’ might be imminent. 

He 100% should just retire now.

Diadora Van Basten
9 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Jack Catterall lost fair and square the squealing from the commentators was appalling. They spent the last four rounds banging on about how great Catterall was whilst Josh was winning each round and Catterall was in survival mode.

Diadora Van Basten

I tuned in about 10.45 for the ring walks got about an hour of garbage before watching a fight between an out of shape Fury and a guy that can’t box. Following on from the Youtubers and the one sided Spencer Crawford fight boxing has been really poor this year.

Imagine a young 18 year old Francis Ngannu getting taught boxing by the likes of Angelo Dundee or Emmanuel Emmanuel Steward. 

He would have been invincible. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

28 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im more than aware how fights are scored ...............

We'll just leave it there. 👍

been here before
11 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

We'll just leave it there. 👍

Ok champ.

You dont win fights by landing punches, no siree.

You hope the judges pick up on you just plodding forward uneffectively but looking aggresive to your average Joe watching on the telly. 👍

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Boxing as straight as a Nine pound note.

Yeah. Strange how Ngannu was so passive and non plussed about the verdict when he should have been going radio rental .    Did he know something we didn't

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ok champ.

You dont win fights by landing punches, no siree.

You hope the judges pick up on you just plodding forward uneffectively but looking aggresive to your average Joe watching on the telly. 👍

Said nobody ever. 😄

I posted you a link showing how scoring works and your response was to post an almost identical link, one that I could just as easily have posted originally if it came top of my Google search.

Now where's that Limmy meme about doubling down? 😄

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

Yeah. Strange how Ngannu was so passive and non plussed about the verdict when he should have been going radio rental .    Did he know something we didn't

He knew £6m was going into his bank account. (may have been $)

been here before
3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Said nobody ever. 😄

I posted you a link showing how scoring works and your response was to post an almost identical link, one that I could just as easily have posted originally if it came top of my Google search.

Now where's that Limmy meme about doubling down? 😄

I was simply trying not to be patronising.

Sorry if that sounds patronising.

It came 4th on my Google search. Your shite came first. :rofl:

been here before
39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Imagine a young 18 year old Francis Ngannu getting taught boxing by the likes of Angelo Dundee or Emmanuel Emmanuel Steward. 

He would have been invincible. 

You could also see some of the work Mike Tyson had been doing with him. The hook to the body off the double jab he threw for the first couple of rounds were vintage Tyson.