SFA to relax dual club ownership rule ( merged )

Lone Striker

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tbh. Hibs aside I’m not against this model.  We cant shut the gate after the horse has bolted. Scottish football needs to find some way to stay relevant as right now. We are being left behind 

Aye maybe in the long run it will bring bigger investment to our league as well.We really are a fecking back water right now.A league mostly made up of English League 1 standard.Why the **** should we be like that and when we get to Europe we are bemused by how pish we are when it's obvious when you see the standard of player the league signs.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Chuck Berry

• InternationalJambo

• kingantti1874

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Aye maybe in the long run it will bring bigger investment to our league as well.We really are a fecking back water right now.A league mostly made up of English League 1 standard.Why the **** should we be like that and when we get to Europe we are bemused by how pish we are when it's obvious when you see the standard of player the league signs.

The problem with that is , when TV money first jumped right up , we all thought that this would allow us to potentially compete with the elite as well . It did not , and it was never designed to . We really need to recognise that these sort of ventures will never put us amongst the big boys . Look at Girona , they are leading La Liga with a team made up of players not deemed good enough to play for Manchester City . Twenty years ago Girona would have hammered City in a European match . I want nothing to do with this at Hearts . I would rather we played in a different set up altogether than be some kind of feeder to the elite 

Simple truth is that Scotland is on the periphery of Europe geographically and nobody cares about us except us. Did the EU even note that Scotland and NI voted to stay in the EU? No, because it didn't matter. Football is the exact same. We simply don't matter. The OF occasionally get a run but most of the time are cannon-fodder. Europeans know of 2 Scottish teams and assume we all support one or other - I got asked that exact question in Istanbul. If we want to matter, we have to make ourselves matter.

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The problem with that is , when TV money first jumped right up , we all thought that this would allow us to potentially compete with the elite as well . It did not , and it was never designed to . We really need to recognise that these sort of ventures will never put us amongst the big boys . Look at Girona , they are leading La Liga with a team made up of players not deemed good enough to play for Manchester City . Twenty years ago Girona would have hammered City in a European match . I want nothing to do with this at Hearts . I would rather we played in a different set up altogether than be some kind of feeder to the elite 

We have never been able to compete since Sky became involved in football.

I don't want it for Hearts either but making the league more attractive with others going down that route can still help us imo.Also not every club is like Girona most a mid table teams in these franchises ( cause that's what they are franchise's or subsidiaries )

Edited by vegas-voss

3 hours ago, R9. said:

Celtic can finally be confirmed as part of the City group 😂

😉  Imagine the response that would provoke from that bastion of rebellion and anti-capitalism .... the Green Brigade.   

I don't think this group ownership stuff should ever have been allowed. 

Can't help but feel it strips the identity out of the club, and ruins the whole local aspect of supporting a team. 

IMO Fan ownership should be championed as the way forward. But clubs like Man City have done to football is disgusting. Likewise Redbull whatever the ****.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think this group ownership stuff should ever have been allowed. 

Can't help but feel it strips the identity out of the club, and ruins the whole local aspect of supporting a team. 

IMO Fan ownership should be championed as the way forward. But clubs like Man City have done to football is disgusting. Likewise Redbull whatever the ****.

Would you grumble it Foley had approached us and made a commitment to investing in us?

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Would you grumble it Foley had approached us and made a commitment to investing in us?

If this model works inevitably we will be a target. Personally I’d be open to it depending on who