SFA to relax dual club ownership rule ( merged )

Lone Striker

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

But if they're receiving significant investment they shouldn't be 3rd bottom. Chances are it's the same model as Hibs are looking at, a relatively small annual payment and a player or two.

Hibs might get a player from Bournemouth, maybe one or two from Lorient etc. Nothing significant.

If you read the comments from Foley, they're talking about 3rd, not 1st or 2nd which would cost them £20m+ a year to even have a chance. They're not investing those sums.

Which gets to the crux of being part of the multi club model, if you are not the club at the top of group, then what is the ownership ultimately wanting from you? Most multi-club groups, its about players. Either through getting early scouting of a country to get young talents that can be signed up to main club (then funnelled back to club in that country to get game time.) Or sign players from other markets, get them into the lower club to get game time with hope some will go on to the main club. The worry can be that while the owners wont the team do well (being in Europe helps develops players) the full focus is not on the club and they will also be subservent to the main team in the group

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Chuck Berry

• InternationalJambo

• kingantti1874

41 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

£15m/annum in investments and playing/managerial staff isn’t unimaginable. Take the maroon tinted specs off.

Take your tongue out of the hibs farter. 

I think based on his quotes in the evening news article the focus would be to make Hibs the third force in Scotland. 

I can’t say I’m over the moon at the potential investment. Odd that Hearts were obviously not considered. Does our ownership structure put off outside investment? 

1 minute ago, RedStarRiot said:

I think based on his quotes in the evening news article the focus would be to make Hibs the third force in Scotland. 

I can’t say I’m over the moon at the potential investment. Odd that Hearts were obviously not considered. Does our ownership structure put off outside investment? 

Don't we already have a billionaire benefactor?

InternationalJambo
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Moving away from the ridiculous debate. Is this it, the Bournemouth owner wants to take a minority stake in hibs with the intent to loan them some youth players.  In the same way that he has done with some French second division team. Clearly this is all being done to benefit Bournemouth. So he’s making some public sound bites about Josh finishing 3rd.   In the meantime, if hibs do find any top players they are off to Bournemouth?

is that it in a nutshell, hibs become a feeder club for a team who have a significantly smaller fanbase than hearts.  

😂

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Which gets to the crux of being part of the multi club model, if you are not the club at the top of group, then what is the ownership ultimately wanting from you? Most multi-club groups, its about players. Either through getting early scouting of a country to get young talents that can be signed up to main club (then funnelled back to club in that country to get game time.) Or sign players from other markets, get them into the lower club to get game time with hope some will go on to the main club. The worry can be that while the owners wont the team do well (being in Europe helps develops players) the full focus is not on the club and they will also be subservent to the main team in the group

Pretty much, and if you add the potential "Auckland Knights" into the equation, a new club which will be 100% owned and in NZ where Foley has strong business ties, then they will be receiving much more focus than Hibs/Lorient.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, RedStarRiot said:

Didnt Ron Gordon say the same ? 

I very much doubt that in terms of raw cash this “investment” will get close to FOH and our beneficiaries.  Undoubtedly will loan a kid or two from Bournemouth but the reality is hibs will becoming a feeder team for Bournemouth.

i suspect the Gordon’s are touting for help, probably realise they’ve been chucking good money after bad 

11 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Yes of course it does 

However if in future we find ourselves restricted by the ceiling of being a fan owned club and we are falling behind the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen, who may find themselves a rich backer, then I have absolutely no doubt there will be a call from fans to explore significant outside investment 

At this point in time it’s all ifs and buts.

One thing Hearts fans will definitely not accept is playing second fiddle to the Hibs or Aberdeen even if they (Hibs or Aberdeen)do find a rich investor.

Edited by jbee647

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i suspect the Gordon’s are touting for help, probably realise they’ve been chucking good money after bad 

That's my suspicion, they've been looking for investment and Foley has had a nibble. Perhaps they hope to eventually offload the whole thing to him.

17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Take your tongue out of the hibs farter. 

It really is embarrassing . I doubt the actual Hibs fans are this excited by it :lol:

Reminds of when Gordon took over and was going to plough in game changing money ………..

9BE2FE21-E663-4DC1-A98F-9C9CC2ADAEF5.jpeg

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Yes of course it does 

However if in future we find ourselves restricted by the ceiling of being a fan owned club and we are falling behind the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen, who may find themselves a rich backer, then I have absolutely no doubt there will be a call from fans to explore significant outside investment 

One thing Hearts fans will definitely not accept is playing second fiddle to the Hibs or Aberdeen even if they (Hibs or Aberdeen)do find a rich investor.

Agreed.

Maybe we shouldn't wait until we fall behind Hibs and Aberdeen and at least appear open to conversations on potential investment opportunities that may come our way.

Perhaps controversial given FOH was set up to protect Hearts from what happened in 2013,  however it would be foolish to shut the door completely on any potential investment opportunity. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Moving away from the ridiculous debate. Is this it, the Bournemouth owner wants to take a minority stake in hibs with the intent to loan them some youth players.  In the same way that he has done with some French second division team. Clearly this is all being done to benefit Bournemouth. So he’s making some public sound bites about Josh finishing 3rd.   In the meantime, if hibs do find any top players they are off to Bournemouth?

is that it in a nutshell, hibs become a feeder club for a team who have a significantly smaller fanbase than hearts.  

Agree - I could see that going real wrong, real quick. 

Hibs would be joining a food chain that puts them nowhere near the top. Foley wouldn't give a flying **** about their success, it would squarely be about being a feeder team for Bournemouth youth players. Like, in the same way Liverpool or Man Utd loan players out with they must play if fit stipulations, I think this would remove much notion of Hibs being a serious club. 

Not only that, but it would be a loss of indentity. Hibs should be trying to emulate FOH - although previous attempts have been uh... not great. 

1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

All Hearts supporters know the answer to this

RustyRightPeg

First thing he did was sack Gary O’Neil at Bournemouth. Hasn’t gone well. 

Still, I wouldn’t be against some billionaires dosh being put into our club.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

And a smaller fanbase than Hibs too IMO. Just mental. Leave them to it, it'll be a laugh. Always is with that lot.

We will have similar analytics staff in place, and technical directors, to look for the right type of players who can ultimately play for AFC Bournemouth.”

Sounds amazing :lol: 

The ultimate aim being to promote players to be Bournemouth first team players. And Hibs sit somewhere on that path. NZ team>Hibs/Lorient>Bournemouth. 

Bournemouth who could well be relegated this season and attract 11k supporters. This is fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

All Hearts supporters know the answer to this

All football fans are fickle, and there mindset can easily change after a period of bad results 

FOH is a fantastic concept, but things can and do change in football.

In my opinion, I don’t think FOH will be for eternity, for example I read the 20-30 yo demographic of Hearts fans have not bought into the model like the older generation of Hearts fans.

This would suggest the fan ownership model will have a time scale, and at some point future generations of fans may probably look for change.

The “ we almost lost our club” mantra probably won’t wash with fans in years to come.

• davemclaren changed the title to SFA to relax dual club ownership rule ( merged )

Would like to see us team up with an overseas club like Bayern or Dortmund. . . . . .

They'd be lucky to have us. . . .😁 . . . !

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Yes of course it does 

Aberdeen already have a rich backer in Dave Cormack. It’s not doing them much good.

5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

The ultimate aim being to promote players to be Bournemouth first team players. And Hibs sit somewhere on that path. NZ team>Hibs/Lorient>Bournemouth. 

Bournemouth who could well be relegated this season and attract 11k supporters. This is fantastic. 

Exactly . If you are going to sell your soul , at least sell it to the Devil for a lot of money and fun . This is selling their souls to the wee guy that cleans his toilet 

Byyy The Light

Anyone who was serious about investing in Scotland would buy Rangers. It’s the only club that would make any sense for an outside person to take control of 

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If a billionaire made an offer to FoH, I'd vote to sell.

I'd vote against. I never want to see the club put at risk again. Being in the hands of the fans is the best way of ensuring the long-term future of the club.

In any case the FFP rules mean that a billionaire investor would be very limited in what they could actually do. A lot of football fans don't seem to have understood the practical implications of FFP.  

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If a billionaire made an offer to FoH, I'd vote to sell.

he owns god knows how many sports teams and plans to own loads more. It’s not exactly an Abramovic or whoever the Man City owners are.

I never want us bought by anyone with zero connection to hearts. Be it Saudis, Americans or whoever.  Been down that road and , well Hibs are already there and I’d be very concerned right now if I was a hibs fan. 

16 minutes ago, S Form said:

Aberdeen already have a rich backer in Dave Cormack. It’s not doing them much good.

and he’s a basket case. Has to fund a £100m stadium 🤣 and about to fund another management teams sacking. 
Looking forward to hearing him though. Always makes me laugh

6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Anyone who was serious about investing in Scotland would buy Rangers. It’s the only club that would make any sense for an outside person to take control of 

Either of the OF. Those are the only two with the potential to win trophies in Europe with a large ongoing investment and the turnover to allow it with FFP.

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

and he’s a basket case. Has to fund a £100m stadium 🤣 and about to fund another management teams sacking. 
Looking forward to hearing him though. Always makes me laugh

I'm not even sure that will ever happen. Its an astronomical sum of money which could be ruinining to the club if its allowed to be taken on as debt. An unserviceable milstone like our debt from the pieman era. 

Suspect Aberdeen will be seeing how many layers of paint can keep their stands up well into the 2030s :D 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not even sure that will ever happen. Its an astronomical sum of money which could be ruinining to the club if its allowed to be taken on as debt. An unserviceable milstone like our debt from the pieman era. 

Suspect Aberdeen will be seeing how many layers of paint can keep their stands up well into the 2030s :D 

yep. I jested. They’ll be at pittodrie until the end of time. An absolute hole. Paying fortunes every year to keep it from falling down

10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Either of the OF. Those are the only two with the potential to win trophies in Europe with a large ongoing investment and the turnover to allow it with FFP.

attracting these  players good enough when they’ll be playing in a Scottish league is their problem.  They’ll never get the standard of players to win in Europe.

The days of Gascoignes, Butchers, Larsons, Sutton’s etc are over 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

attracting these  players good enough when they’ll be playing in a Scottish league is their problem.  They’ll never get the standard of players to win in Europe.

The days of Gascoignes, Butchers, Larsons, Sutton’s etc are over 

They could, Rangers went to a Final recently with a fairly average squad by European standards.  Players who are good enough to improve them in Europe will come if the money is right. 

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not even sure a multi-club owning Billionaire will get them a new stadium! even a 15,000 seater these days, and a fairly basic St.Mirren style one, will be upwards of what £30-40m?

Howdy Doody Jambo

It would take millions to split the arse cheek's and X10 for a club outwith the arse cheek's to win the league and that's including getting past the referee's

It's not happening, the odd cup win every 10 years is about it for us and the others

Our model hasn't even produced a line of academy player's to sell on in nearly 10 year's of FoH and The Budge administration nor won any silverware

Mediocrity average Joe's I'm afraid but we must reach for the star's, roll on Sunday we're due a cup win 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

First thing he did was sack Gary O’Neil at Bournemouth. Hasn’t gone well. 

Still, I wouldn’t be against some billionaires dosh being put into our club.

We've had millions of billionaire's cash in the last few years!

The hibs thing's brilliant though, I've had my cousin telling me it was the city group for a couple of months. Bournemouth - they're going to be a feeder for Bournemouth :laugh2:

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Does our ownership structure put off outside investment? 

Hasn't it happened already? I'm sure I read a while back that there was an unnamed investor who approached the FOH with an intention of investing in the club and we turned them down? 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 30/10/2023 at 22:09, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Imagine having more fans and a bigger stadium than the club that owns your sorry arses :laugh2:

:rofl:

brunoatemyhamster

Tbh, If Billionaires are looking to buy into the SPFL, then let Hibs take a wee Billionaire. 

Plenty bigger fish in the sea, and they'd be guzumped as soon as a bigger one arrives. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

he owns god knows how many sports teams and plans to own loads more. It’s not exactly an Abramovic or whoever the Man City owners are.

I never want us bought by anyone with zero connection to hearts. Be it Saudis, Americans or whoever.  Been down that road and , well Hibs are already there and I’d be very concerned right now if I was a hibs fan. 

I was talking in general, not specifically this guy. The point I'm making is that fan ownership is not some sort of tenet to always hold on to for me. I respect that that might be a minority viewpoint.