• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• OTT

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

6 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Steven Naismith purple patch over……whilst St Mirren and Stephen Robinson regain 3rd spot.

That says more about the standard of the teams below them than it does for Stephen Robinson.

I never hear anyone talking about how he's a very good tactician, or how they play attacking football that everyone envies, or that he's brought through all these young players.

They've just been marginally better than the guff below them. 

Last year David Martindale was being touted for the Hearts and Aberdeen jobs, now he's fighting to keep Livingston up and himself still in that post.

Honestly just do a proper search and interview process and don't listen to fans when thinking about the decision cause that's how we have ended up with what we have.It really was a case of - ah they seem happy enough give him the job.

Not counting the duel Championship appointments of Neilson, we've appointed:

Cathro, development, massive failure

Levein, safe appointment, initial success then failure

Stendal, unmitigated disaster that took too long to do

Naismith, a development manager with no track record.

I'd like to just get a solid SPFL performer that we can broadly count on to understand the league and get performances out of players.

I genuinely think we're lacking direction and coaching. I refuse to believe all these players are absolutely rubbish.

I think they, like me, just don't have a clue what Naismith wants or is trying to achieve.

We need a management team that is not only brave and astute tactically but also brings root and branch change of culture.

JJ did this in the 90’s and it pulled the club forward.  Paolo Sergio would have done this also given the chance.

I would take Alex Neil as he seems like the sort of guy who would take no shit but my preference would be Kevin Muscat.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Honestly just do a proper search and interview process and don't listen to fans when thinking about the decision cause that's how we have ended up with what we have.It really was a case of - ah they seem happy enough give him the job.

This.

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Kevin Muscat just became a free agent after winning the league in Japan. 

Never be able to afford him unfortunately 

Dennis Reynolds
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

This. A million times, this.

It needs to be more than just the manager that changes or nothing will change long term. Needs a clear out of the recruitment team who have failed miserably.

Someone who the board have to spend money on. I'm fed up with the cheap options. 

I'd go for a Sergio style manager, someone who has managed at a top club but at some point. 

Maybe Quique sanchez Flores... Would be expensive but would maybe get the fans excited.

22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It needs to be more than just the manager that changes or nothing will change long term. Needs a clear out of the recruitment team who have failed miserably.

Think the problems start further up  in the boardroom.hopefully they get the message at the agm

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's no happening this board won't have a clue who to bring in so will not make a change

I wouldn't be surprised if they are not all arguing amongst themselves of what colour of wallpaper should be used in the hotel and how they fold the towels in the en-suites 

I don't blame Naismith just those that gave him the highest position at the club to begin with

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

It's not happening,

Our Board are too stubborn and unwilling to admit their mistakes,

but if it was, there are a number of decent managers available who are out of work and even in work at smaller teams that would be a huge  upgrade on our current set up.

Kevin Muscat

Alex Neil

Derek Mcinnes 

Stephen Robinson

Neil Warnock

Any of those would be miles better than what we have at the moment.

17 hours ago, May98 said:

Gary Rowett or John Eustace if Naisy fails. 

If? 

If? 

****ing hell, we have one of the worst managers possible and it's "if" he fails? 

A couple of flukey 1 goal wins don't mean ****ing anything. Naismith and his cronies are a bunch of ****ing charlatans. 

A kitkat could do better. 

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If Hearts want him he will be here

What do you think of McInnes? When Neilson got sacked I didn’t want McInnes but I’ve changed my mind based on the type we might get if we don’t got for him. 

I do not see Naismith going anywhere after getting manager of the month for November

I would really like to bring Alex Neil in if there was any chance we were actually looking for a new manager though . Not sure that would be possible finances wise but he would be a good appointment and just what we need 

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What do you think of McInnes? When Neilson got sacked I didn’t want McInnes but I’ve changed my mind based on the type we might get if we don’t got for him. 

I changed my mind after the home draw with killie earlier this season. Thought killie were very good and dangerous attacking. Basic things we are not. Still can't understand naismith overseeing slow ponderous football  given how he was as a player

Bazzas right boot
On 09/11/2023 at 10:05, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some of you really need to pull your head from the clouds.

You've confused  " the clouds" from a body passageway.

I wanted Naismith to succeed but for me despite the 4 wins in a row, the style of play for the most part this season has been eye bleeding and boring. We don't have one player who gets you off your seat, its just slow and ponderous and has been like that even back to Robbie's time at Hearts. I thought when Naismith got the games at the back end of the season that we had finally seen some change with being far more attacking and scoring goals. However, losing Gino has been massive and the recruitment to replace both him and Smith at RB has been terrible. The signing of Offiah, looking back now just looked desperate, never a RB in a million years. 

If we are going to replace the manager, which I think will be inevitable, Savage needs to go as well, he's failed big time with his recruitment. My biggest fear is the board making an absolute hash of appointing is successor though. They have shown zero ambition with any appointment they have made so far and its shown on the park. 

19 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

I changed my mind after the home draw with killie earlier this season. Thought killie were very good and dangerous attacking. Basic things we are not. Still can't understand naismith overseeing slow ponderous football  given how he was as a player

Often find managers set their teams up totally differently to how they played as an individual . Naismith was a bit of a micro manager on the pitch though , and he looks to still do that from the touchline . It is a bit of an over used term but I think he over coached the players . Wants to control every move on the park at all times . I prefer it when managers do their talking on the training field and get good coaches to train the players to bring out the best in them ; the manager then moulds what he has in to a shape and style that best gets results playing to their strengths . Come the actual match the players should not need to be coached and instructed as much as this from the sidelines . They should already know what to do and when and when things are not working . Players need to be able to express themselves in a game and not just mindlessly follow directions shouted from the technical area like robots 

2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Good point. If the manager is having to constantly shout extra instructions mid-match, it means either a) the players are thick or b) the coaches can’t coach properly in training. 

I think we have some intelligent players is all I will say to that 

On 09/11/2023 at 10:06, hmfc_liam06 said:

A taste of things to come if we hire McInnes? 

Kilmarnock the 7th most direct team in the world.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-7th-most-direct-team-31393240 

Kilmarnock match winner Matty Kennedy reveals manager Derek McInnes "went through us" at half-time as Celtic led 1-0 before the hosts went on to win 2-1 on Sunday. Thats what i would like in a Hearts manager,same as JJ. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

I don't know anyone else that we could realistically get that would be better.

What we don’t need is a cheap option or someone who is relatively untested. Naismith was a real gamble and one that quite obviously has not worked.  We need someone for the long term who will reshape the playing side and someone who will look realistically at who we have coming through our youth system. For me on our budget Alex Neil or McInnes would be credible. 
The question is how long the Board are going to take to sort out this mess of their own making. Inaction and dithering is no longer an option for them.

23 hours ago, tian447 said:

If? 

If? 

****ing hell, we have one of the worst managers possible and it's "if" he fails? 

A couple of flukey 1 goal wins don't mean ****ing anything. Naismith and his cronies are a bunch of ****ing charlatans. 

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot
On 11/12/2023 at 02:31, tian447 said:

If? 

If? 

I think you could do with taking a... break.

:fonzie:

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think you could do with taking a... break.

:fonzie:

Aye to be fair, there's a reason I don't often do Sunday night drinking :lol:

Ex member of the SaS

SN appears to have conned the board and fans by promising fast attacking football. The board has to and should have already questioned why we are not seeing the results on the pitch. The board also have to see the fans are not happy with results and performances, and should be looking at experienced managers we can afford. No point looking after SN gets the boot. It's all very well having an hotel, but it appears the football and business are two separate entities and none of the hotel profits are to be used on football matters, I maybe wrong, but that is how I took the press release. The fans put cash into the football club and want to see us winning games and getting third on a regular basis thus increasing revenue to spend on better players. The only way to progress is by getting a proper manager and better players thus ensuring a higher league position and al the revenue that entails.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:43, gordon simpson said:

good to see all the hobos out in force again 

Do you not think that type of comment shows you up as childish. You may not agree with some of the comments, fair enough, but surely you must have enough intelligence to put up a better argument than that. 

What I don't want is anyone and that includes McInnes, from the Scottish football merry go round. My preference has always been to attract a foreign experienced coach with a good track record. At the famous McKinley interview after RN was sacked, he stated the club had already received a large amount of applicants. These applicants agents would have a pretty good idea of the salary scale we were offering. Hence the reason we can discount Pep, Jurgen, Jose and the like. The vast majority of coaches are in between the dross we have in Scotland and those of the stature of those three. 

Just now, Nerja Jambo said:

What I don't want is anyone and that includes McInnes, from the Scottish football merry go round. My preference has always been to attract a foreign experienced coach with a good track record. At the famous McKinley interview after RN was sacked, he stated the club had already received a large amount of applicants. These applicants agents would have a pretty good idea of the salary scale we were offering. Hence the reason we can discount Pep, Jurgen, Jose and the like. The vast majority of coaches are in between the dross we have in Scotland and those of the stature of those three. 

I thought the whole idea that Naismith was the best we could get to be utterly, utterly laughable. 

I think as well though, after Stendel I can understand being wary of managers from the continent. 

We needed an experienced pair of hands to get the team back to where it needed to be. Right now, IMO that is either McInnes or Alex Neil. Although I completely get that someone from outside could be more appealing. 

Malinga the Swinga
On 11/12/2023 at 09:31, ford donald said:

Kilmarnock match winner Matty Kennedy reveals manager Derek McInnes "went through us" at half-time as Celtic led 1-0 before the hosts went on to win 2-1 on Sunday. Thats what i would like in a Hearts manager,same as JJ. 

Presume he wasn't too bothered when they played us at Rugby Park this season then.

On 10/12/2023 at 05:25, vegas-voss said:

Exactly! Frustrated me at the time the 'noise'/clamour on social media for him to get the job at the end of last season.

Despite finishing 4th, we were in a strong position on and off the field, just needed an experienced/good manager to enhance what we had. Instead it feels as if Naisy has stripped everything back to basics to build again, something that wasn't required, the foundations really were already there!

Now it feels like we need an experienced head to overhaul the whole thing, such is the damage done.

A shambles.

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I thought the whole idea that Naismith was the best we could get to be utterly, utterly laughable. 

I think as well though, after Stendel I can understand being wary of managers from the continent. 

We needed an experienced pair of hands to get the team back to where it needed to be. Right now, IMO that is either McInnes or Alex Neil. Although I completely get that someone from outside could be more appealing. 

Thing is that with all the money swirling around in England for players and coaches, we would probably get better value for money abroad. It's not a case of more appealing or more glamorous, I just feel the fitness would improve, coach the players in how to use their upper body strength, build up their physic and certainly have fresh ideas on tactics. For me we would get more for our money. There is no doubt that over a number of years the board have failed big time. 

The Real Maroonblood
On 11/12/2023 at 10:43, gordon simpson said:

good to see all the hobos out in force again 

Different opinion so must be a Hobo.

Grow up.

On 11/12/2023 at 09:43, Deevers said:

What we don’t need is a cheap option or someone who is relatively untested. Naismith was a real gamble and one that quite obviously has not worked.  We need someone for the long term who will reshape the playing side and someone who will look realistically at who we have coming through our youth system. For me on our budget Alex Neil or McInnes would be credible. 
The question is how long the Board are going to take to sort out this mess of their own making. Inaction and dithering is no longer an option for them.

Inaction and dithering are in their DNA.

Jamboscanbevicius

Alex Neil seems the obvious candidate given the timing and connections not only to Savage, but to our whole coaching team!

He is certainly more experienced as a head coach, and may bring something different, but he is also the continuity choice in many respects...

McAvoy worked under him as his first team coach at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston (before getting the head coach gig after Neil's sacking), and he signed and managed Naismith for Norwich.

The question is... does he have a different style or philosophy to McAvoy and Naismith? Would he want to work with them or is he in a different phase of his career now?

I could certainly see McAvoy staying if he came in, but for Naismith it would surely be embarrassing to accept a demotion and admission that he wasn't ready, before working under Alex Neil.