Latest Mass Shooting In America

been here before

6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Always mental health ain't it.So maybe just maybe you should have to declare your health records before you get the guns.I mean they are never going to be outlawed but maybe stop allowing nutjobs to have them would help 

It’s only ever mental health when the perpetrator is white. 

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

If you want a firearms license in the UK, your mental health will be checked alongside a home visit, background checks including criminal records, and financial records along with 2 referees required for a firearm. Being issued anti-depressants could by itself see an application rejected. 

Some prominent checks enforced by the rest of the world rules: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/02/world/international-gun-laws.html 

In the US? Buy at a gun show with zero background checks. The NRA have the politicians bought & sold as they act as a trade promotion group rather than a responsible gun organisation, hiding behind the second amendment (strange how immutable an amendment is) with the Republicans gleefully using it as a solid lump of iron to bash their opponents over the head with, even if they had no intention of rocking the boat. Even the Regan era had gun control and the Brady Act so it's not like Republicans never used to regulate deadly weapons including a ban on ownership of assault rifles but now it is welded to full-on maximillian gun rights advocacy leading to ludicrous spectacles like this:

Chipotle Respectfully Requests Customers Keep Guns Out of Restaurant

Photo of Man With Semi-Automatic Rifle in Starbucks Line Sparks Debate Over  Public Firearm Safety

the rise of gravy seals

No photo description available.

One of the few things I'll credit our current government with is how swiftly they moved to tighten up gun restrictions in the UK following the Plymouth mass shooting. 

I've had a Firearms for 35 years, lots of things mean I could have it revoked, any type of mental health issues, a drink driving charge, loss of my driving licence for any reason, an arrest or warning from the police, the slightest hint of domestic issues, all of which is fair, I just wish the US would implement something similar.

7 hours ago, redjambo said:

I raise you these:

211209-massie-christmas-card-mn-1500.jpg

newFile-5.jpg?width=1200&height=630&fit=

image.jpg?id=28852008&width=1245&height=

Nothing says Peace on Earth and goodwill to all men than an armed-to-the-teeth family. 

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've had a Firearms for 35 years, lots of things mean I could have it revoked, any type of mental health issues, a drink driving charge, loss of my driving licence for any reason, an arrest or warning from the police, the slightest hint of domestic issues, all of which is fair, I just wish the US would implement something similar.

What about posting history on Jkb. 🤪

What a mess that country is. Mind that nutter who went into the Batman premier dressed as the joker or something. The audience thought it was a prop and then he started shooting. Horrendous. They learn nothing it’s awful. These poor people and it’s avoidable. Ban guns ffs. RIP these poor souls that have lost their lives 

on a side note one of my mates went to Vegas and went to a gun range where he was able to pay to  have a go with a .50calibre gun. For context that machine gun can shoot through concrete and so you can imagine what it would do to a human. Pretty sure it was used in the Rambo 4 film (the one in Burma) and showed the power in that film.

why the hell they allow tourists to pay to have a go with that (as easy as buying a ticket for a Disney ride) is unbelievable.

26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

What a mess that country is. Mind that nutter who went into the Batman premier dressed as the joker or something. The audience thought it was a prop and then he started shooting. Horrendous. They learn nothing it’s awful. These poor people and it’s avoidable. Ban guns ffs. RIP these poor souls that have lost their lives 

on a side note one of my mates went to Vegas and went to a gun range where he was able to pay to  have a go with a .50calibre gun. For context that machine gun can shoot through concrete and so you can imagine what it would do to a human. Pretty sure it was used in the Rambo 4 film (the one in Burma) and showed the power in that film.

why the hell they allow tourists to pay to have a go with that (as easy as buying a ticket for a Disney ride) is unbelievable.

That’ll be the Bullets and Burgers thing they do. Folk take their kids along. Fun for all the family !

They are nuts !

55 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Why not? Paying to have a go at weapons at a shooting range is completely different from allowing anyone to buy the weapons themselves.

Is this guy still on the run BTW? Surely just a matter of time before he targets somewhere else. Wouldn't be attending any open public spaces in that town till he is caught.

Edited by hughesie27

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D Was my first thought too.

In my defense, I was a bottle of Malbec in when I said that last night, I missed out the bit that was in my head about the restrictions on firearms holders I've seen the last 35 years after a tragedy in the UK and the lack of the same in the US.

51 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why not? Paying to have a go at weapons at a shooting range is completely different from allowing anyone to buy the weapons themselves.

Agree.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

and it’s avoidable. Ban guns ffs. 

It's a nice thought, but completely unrealistic. It's a continent sized nation of 300 million people with vast, unpopulated expanses, perfect for hiding stuff.

There are more privately owned firearms than people in the US, so when you ban them, all that happens is that the law abiding citizens hand theirs in while the criminals rub their hands and drool. There's no easy way out.

2 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It's a nice thought, but completely unrealistic. It's a continent sized nation of 300 million people with vast, unpopulated expanses, perfect for hiding stuff.

There are more privately owned firearms than people in the US, so when you ban them, all that happens is that the law abiding citizens hand theirs in while the criminals rub their hands and drool. There's no easy way out.

Yep, the UK have some of the tightest gun laws in the world, but it doesn't make a shite of difference to the gangsters in cities that have illegally held guns.

I P Knightley
20 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The 3 Mums would get it!

Probably the very reason that their family arm themselves to the teeth. 

I have to say that one of the most sickening things about this latest story is that Twitter is carrying a video clip where Piers "Morgan" Moron is interviewed for an American TV show. He talks sense, asking why the Americans can ban Kinder Surprise Eggs on the grounds of safety but they won't do anything about assault rifles. I've had to put an icepack on my brain and pretend it was someone else I was agreeing with wholeheartedly. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Probably the very reason that their family arm themselves to the teeth. 

I have to say that one of the most sickening things about this latest story is that Twitter is carrying a video clip where Piers "Morgan" Moron is interviewed for an American TV show. He talks sense, asking why the Americans can ban Kinder Surprise Eggs on the grounds of safety but they won't do anything about assault rifles. I've had to put an icepack on my brain and pretend it was someone else I was agreeing with wholeheartedly. 

Wait, you cannot get Kinder Surprise in America?

Not going there then...

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Not going there then...

Well, according to Piers Moron, you can't. He claims that there's a former Prime Minister had them confiscated at LAX as he was taking some as a gift for his nephew. 

But Piers Moron is a devious, lying, lower-than-a-snake's-belly spunktrumpet and it wouldn't surprise me if he'd made it all up so that people would talk about him. 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Not going there then...

nope, but they have something called kinder joy eggs. 

14 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Well, according to Piers Moron, you can't. He claims that there's a former Prime Minister had them confiscated at LAX as he was taking some as a gift for his nephew. 

But Piers Moron is a devious, lying, lower-than-a-snake's-belly spunktrumpet and it wouldn't surprise me if he'd made it all up so that people would talk about him. 

Nope you cannot get them stateside.

16 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Weird but true, It's definitely a thing!

"Kinder Surprise eggs are banned in the US because of safety concerns related to having a “non-nutritive object” like a plastic capsule inside a confectionary product. According to the 1938 Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, this makes Kinder Surprise eggs an “adulterated food” and thus illegal to import and sell"

https://fee.org/articles/why-these-popular-chocolate-easter-eggs-are-banned-in-the-us-despite-being-legal-almost-everywhere-else/

It's illegal to have non-food stuff in food in the states. It's one of the reasons why we don't get toys in cereal anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's illegal to have non-food stuff in food in the states. It's one of the reasons why we don't get toys in cereal anymore. 

It's to avoid the situation where a mentally unstable machine gun-toting psycho is on the rampage stops for a wee energy boosting Kinder egg and chokes on the toy and sues the manufacturer 👍 Priorities!

highlandjambo3

The Sherman’s only lifted the ban on UK beef in 2020 after the mad cow disease outbreak in 1996….🤷‍♂️.  Wouldn’t want any of them getting fat now would we 😁

9 hours ago, RobboM said:

Weird but true, It's definitely a thing!

"Kinder Surprise eggs are banned in the US because of safety concerns related to having a “non-nutritive object” like a plastic capsule inside a confectionary product. According to the 1938 Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, this makes Kinder Surprise eggs an “adulterated food” and thus illegal to import and sell"

https://fee.org/articles/why-these-popular-chocolate-easter-eggs-are-banned-in-the-us-despite-being-legal-almost-everywhere-else/

It really is laughable isn't it? 

My biggest bugbear with Americans (beyond their ****ing grade A refusal to accept common sense re guns) is referring to meat as protein. Its food you ****ing ingrates, not a ****ing science experiment. MEAT. You want to work with protein, **** off to a biology lab. 

Puts me right off their food videos. 

Rant over. 

On 27/10/2023 at 10:43, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I was in the trade for a number of years supplying some of the biggest US manufacturers products.

When there was more than a chance of the gun laws changing in I think 2011, thousands of Americans took their AR’s and other assorted weaponry and buried them.

They were not for giving them up and hoped to dig them up at a later date. 

• 3 weeks later...
That thing you do
On 26/10/2023 at 07:38, Jim_Duncan said:

Yes, but some may argue that you need to arm yourself against the voices. 

The NRA would. 

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Go USA

Not in any way defending American gun lunacy but only yesterday we had 4 people found dead in a house in Norwich after the police had ignored a phone call an hour before. 

Mikey1874
Just now, Tazio said:

Not in any way defending American gun lunacy but only yesterday we had 4 people found dead in a house in Norwich after the police had ignored a phone call an hour before. 

You can look at the numbers. UK events like that very rare.