Celtic supporters association/away allocation

Rockwell

Anyone not taking absolute and complete total joy from reading that should just pack their bags for misery island . This is going to keep me going for a long time . Get ORourke to the fringe :rofl:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Sir PH

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Matty said:

Feel a tad unclean pasting this but here it is……

Dear Neil,
I hope you’re well in these trying times for everyone. The reason for my email is the latest cut to the ticket allocation to Celtic Football Club by Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It is becoming increasingly frustrating for the Celtic Supporters who are trying to access tickets for away matches in Scotland, bearing in mind that Celtic have the biggest travelling support in Scotland, and maybe even in the UK, it makes no sense for some clubs who continually complain about lack of funds, to be denying tickets to visiting supporters when there are plenty of seats available within their stadium.

I know you have said in the past that you don’t want to interfere in how clubs allocate their tickets, but something has to be done, to use “A reasonable amount” as the yardstick is absolutely ludicrous, and has to change, before it has a serious impact on Scottish Football, and not in a positive way, but the exact opposite. The powers that be in Scotland need to convene an emergency meeting of the SPL as a matter of urgency, before it’s too late to save some clubs.

Just as UEFA impose supporter allocation on clubs participating In their tournaments, it’s high time for the SPFL to do the same. I don’t know of any Football Association in Europe that let the clubs decide such an important issue, and I include our nearest neighbours England in that. I believe in the English Premier League visiting clubs are allocated 3,000 tickets, or 10% if the stadium capacity is greater the 30,000, they also had a price cap for visiting supporters, but that’s an argument for a different day. Some people may think that stadia in England are all like Old Trafford or the Emirates, they’re not, for instance Fulham and Crystal Palace have capacity of around 25,000, Brentford has 17,000, Bournemouth has 11,000, and finally Luton {my favourite} has just over 10,000, hardly World Cup standard.

I think in Scotland it would be difficult to use a percentage of the capacity for allocation purposes, we don’t really have a big problem at Perth or Livingston, but we do have at, Ibrox. Kilmarnock, St Mirren, and the latest allocation from Hearts of 576, is absolutely scandalous. How do Supporters Clubs run coaches to matches when they might have one ticket? Will we see coach companies going into liquidation because the cancellation of football coaches, probably one trip to an away match would pay the drivers wages for the whole week. We were allocated over 7,000 tickets for Livingston, and there were still supporters outside trying to buy tickets, so Livingston and St Johnstone maximise the allocation to help themselves, while we have Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, and St Mirren giving small allocations while their stadium is far from full, financial suicide.

I would respectfully suggest a minimum allocation of 2,500 tickets for clubs who can sell the allocation to their own supporters, that would create a proper atmosphere, especially when the visitors were Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hearts and Hibs. Aberdeen cut our allocation because seats were thrown at their supporters by visiting fans from another club, so why should Celtic Supporters be punished for the actions of other fans? Hearts have cut us continually over the last few seasons, we have went from a full stand, to 1,400, and now down to 576, are there no safety concerns for such a small number of visiting supporters? Celtic have been forced to decline tickets for Ibrox because the safety of our staff and supporters couldn’t be guaranteed, will we be forced to decline tickets from Hearts too? And the irony of it is, Hearts will give their most hated rivals Hibs, a full stand, which will be reciprocated. Are Celtic Football Club the only club in Scotland with a professional and successful Board of Directors? It certainly looks like it.
Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,
Celtic Supporters Association.

Can't believe what I've just read.

allystrachan

The irony of claiming supporter safety when they overcrowd every away section with forged tickets & doubling up on the turnstiles. 

My exposure to Celtic fans goes back to the days before segregation, so I've stood shoulder to shoulder with them at Tynecastle and Parkhead.

Without doubt, they were the most obnoxious, foul-mouthed, despicable cretins you could ever meet.

12 minutes ago, bean counter said:

Dear Joe O'Rourke

When you can stop your Clubs supporters

1) Using forged tickets

2) Tailgating at the turnstyles

3) Singing sectarian songs

4) Using Flares and Smoke Bombs

5) Trashing the Toilets

6) Abusing the Catering Staff

7) Assaulting the ball boys

We'll have another look at it

Until then you get what you are given. However feel free to refuse the allocation.

Dont forget they're also the ONLY set of fans that have ever booed the kids at halftime.

jambo east anglia

Can't wait to read Doncaster's response.  Celtic's travelling support - the saviours of Scottish football 😂

Lone Striker
33 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Whilst reading this slavering tirade tickled me pink I will admit I was a tad disappointed that the world's freedom fighters didn't ask donkey to also go help the Palestinians. Though I guess, considering the fact that he's now probably throwing all his efforts into rescuing west coast coach companies from financial meltdown, they can only ask for one crusade at a time. Tough times to be a valuable victim.

😀  Excellent post.   Pray for poor Neil.

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

Dont forget they're also the ONLY set of fans that have ever booed the kids at halftime.

Lets not let this become obscured in the mists of time . They ****ing well spat on them 

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Dear Neil,
I hope you’re well in these trying times for everyone. The reason for my email is the latest cut to the ticket allocation to Celtic Football Club by Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It is becoming increasingly frustrating for the Celtic Supporters who are trying to access tickets for away matches in Scotland, bearing in mind that Celtic have the biggest travelling support in Scotland, and maybe even in the UK, it makes no sense for some clubs who continually complain about lack of funds, to be denying tickets to visiting supporters when there are plenty of seats available within their stadium.

I know you have said in the past that you don’t want to interfere in how clubs allocate their tickets, but something has to be done, to use “A reasonable amount” as the yardstick is absolutely ludicrous, and has to change, before it has a serious impact on Scottish Football, and not in a positive way, but the exact opposite. The powers that be in Scotland need to convene an emergency meeting of the SPL as a matter of urgency, before it’s too late to save some clubs.

Just as UEFA impose supporter allocation on clubs participating In their tournaments, it’s high time for the SPFL to do the same. I don’t know of any Football Association in Europe that let the clubs decide such an important issue, and I include our nearest neighbours England in that. I believe in the English Premier League visiting clubs are allocated 3,000 tickets, or 10% if the stadium capacity is greater the 30,000, they also had a price cap for visiting supporters, but that’s an argument for a different day. Some people may think that stadia in England are all like Old Trafford or the Emirates, they’re not, for instance Fulham and Crystal Palace have capacity of around 25,000, Brentford has 17,000, Bournemouth has 11,000, and finally Luton {my favourite} has just over 10,000, hardly World Cup standard.

I think in Scotland it would be difficult to use a percentage of the capacity for allocation purposes, we don’t really have a big problem at Perth or Livingston, but we do have at, Ibrox. Kilmarnock, St Mirren, and the latest allocation from Hearts of 576, is absolutely scandalous. How do Supporters Clubs run coaches to matches when they might have one ticket? Will we see coach companies going into liquidation because the cancellation of football coaches, probably one trip to an away match would pay the drivers wages for the whole week. We were allocated over 7,000 tickets for Livingston, and there were still supporters outside trying to buy tickets, so Livingston and St Johnstone maximise the allocation to help themselves, while we have Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, and St Mirren giving small allocations while their stadium is far from full, financial suicide.

I would respectfully suggest a minimum allocation of 2,500 tickets for clubs who can sell the allocation to their own supporters, that would create a proper atmosphere, especially when the visitors were Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hearts and Hibs. Aberdeen cut our allocation because seats were thrown at their supporters by visiting fans from another club, so why should Celtic Supporters be punished for the actions of other fans? Hearts have cut us continually over the last few seasons, we have went from a full stand, to 1,400, and now down to 576, are there no safety concerns for such a small number of visiting supporters? Celtic have been forced to decline tickets for Ibrox because the safety of our staff and supporters couldn’t be guaranteed, will we be forced to decline tickets from Hearts too? And the irony of it is, Hearts will give their most hated rivals Hibs, a full stand, which will be reciprocated. Are Celtic Football Club the only club in Scotland with a professional and successful Board of Directors? It certainly looks like it.
Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

:rofl:

:rofl:

Joe O'Rourke can sook ma baws. 

1 minute ago, jambo east anglia said:

Can't wait to read Doncaster's response.  Celtic's travelling support - the saviours of Scottish football 😂

They should get a wee thing going Like Eamon and Frankie from the early 00s 

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Will we see coach companies going into liquidation because the cancellation of football coaches, probably one trip to an away match would pay the drivers wages for the whole week. 

Wait, we are going to be responsible for coach companies going into liquidation because we cut their allocation twice a season.

Pay their wages for a whole week.

he is the general secretary??, jesus !!!

This bit stood out as a total belter to me as well. 

He must've been off his tits when he wrote this. 

My recommendation to Joe is that he go back to school and learn how to correctly use grammar and punctuation, as opposed to his "throw a million commas in and hopefully some of them will be in the correct space" approach. 

The long rambling sentences which jump between points are also a fantastic writing style. I particularly enjoyed the one that makes up 75% of the first paragraph that tried to shoehorn 3 different points into it.  

It stinks heavily of desperately trying to make himself sound more intelligent, which is a writing style adopted by people who categorically are not.  Smart arse things like answering his own rhetorical questions and adding "cute" little comments are highly unprofessional and just generally make you sound like a bit of a knob. 

ChatGPT would have done a better job than whatever the **** that is. 

2/10, must do better, see me after class Joe. 

Oh dear, how sad for the ball boy assaulting, kiosk robbing, terrorist loving, unwashed tramps.  You reap what you sow.  Live with it.

N Lincs Jambo

This thread will hopefully end up in the Classics! Thank you Joe O'Rourke for doing something no Hearts manager, boardroom, and/or player could have done. You have actually united JKB as one!

Now do one you tramp!

Selkirkhmfc1874
19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyone not taking absolute and complete total joy from reading that should just pack their bags for misery island . This is going to keep me going for a long time . Get ORourke to the fringe :rofl:

It's brilliant eh

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm kinda pissed off at spending my last day in Tenerife and having to come home tomorrow, that tit has certainly brightened my last night.

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

My exposure to Celtic fans goes back to the days before segregation, so I've stood shoulder to shoulder with them at Tynecastle and Parkhead.

Without doubt, they were the most obnoxious, foul-mouthed, despicable cretins you could ever meet.

100% agree , lowest of the low

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's brilliant eh

Im with @Jim Panzee . I honestly thought it was a spoof . The single funniest thing I have read since Kevin Moffat hung up his crayolas 

bean counter

Dear Joe

From a piece in the Herald 7th Oct 2023

Why Scottish football's rising overcrowding problem is 'a disaster waiting to happen

THERE are certain fan behaviours which are simply impossible to condone.

Sectarian chanting, racist abuse, throwing missiles and setting off pyrotechnics in crowded areas, to give just a handful of examples, are all reprehensible.

Anyone who is found to have engaged in those offences can have no complaints about whatever punishment they are subsequently hit with by a football club, the authorities or both. 

It is certainly to be hoped the action which is taken by the courts against the Rangers supporter who has admitted igniting a flare at Ibrox during the Europa League match against Real Betis last month sends out a clear message that such conduct will not be tolerated. 

But is leaving your seat, jumping over an advertising hoarding and going out onto the pitch to celebrate when your team has scored a dramatic injury time winner really the most heinous of crimes?

Yes, it is reckless, ill-advised and on no account to be encouraged. Is it not, though, a joyous rather than a malevolent act? Does such a spur-of-the-moment reaction to a dramatic goal not simply underline how passionate a sport it is? Can it not actually enhance the spectacle and atmosphere of a game?

In ordinary circumstances perhaps. However, there was nothing ordinary about the cinch Premiership encounter between Motherwell and Celtic at Fir Park last Saturday. The events which took place towards the end of the meeting between the first and the fourth placed teams in the top flight were concerning.

An investigation into what transpired before, during and after the match is currently being carried out. Hopefully, that will shed some light on the reasons for the off-field unrest which resulted in a police officer and a steward suffering injuries and possibly offer a few suggestions about how similar disorder can be prevented in future.

The most alarming aspect of the game was the obvious overcrowding in the South Stand which housed the travelling support. Stairways were clearly blocked by Celtic fans sitting and standing in them. There were claims that some of them had “tailgated” their way in to the ground without tickets.

The inquiry which is being conducted should determine if that was actually the case.  But fans squeezing through automated turnstiles – which are not manned and simply require a barcode to be scanned to be opened - two at a time is very much a growing modern phenomenon.

It is not just an issue in the away ends of stadiums around the country either. Social media is awash with tales from season ticket holders who have turned up at their regular seats to find somebody else sitting there. 

There were also widespread rumours about some Celtic fans attempting to force open the doors into Fir Park at the weekend.

These were substantiated by a video which was posted on Twitter by North Curve Celtic. The mobile phone clip - which was entitled “Pig Watch” and had Yakety Sax, the theme tune to The Benny Hill Show, played over it - showed six police officers barricading a fire exit as those inside tried to barge it open.

Such incidents can have potentially serious repercussions. There was a medical emergency on Saturday in one of the stands where the home fans were billeted. Mercifully, the individual received the treatment which they required in time. Still, with resources stretched elsewhere, it took longer than it normally would have to arrive.

The late, late goals scored by Luis Palma, Blair Spittal and Matt O’Riley also led to pitch invasions of increasing sizes by sections of both the Celtic and Motherwell supports.

An understandable and acceptable response to the remarkable developments at the end of what was a tense and important game? Not if a large number of fans had entered the ground illegally. One of those who is involved in the post-mortem this week described the scenes as “a disaster waiting to happen”.

Club officials, stewards and police will all agree that the vast majority of football supporters pose them no problems, none whatsoever, and simply want to watch the match and cheer their heroes to a victory. But every team has an element which seems hell bent on causing trouble.

They can complain about being criminalised and their human rights being violated as much as they like. They are, though, letting down, endangering even, their fellow fans with their selfishness and stupidity.

Crushes at football stadiums have long been consigned to the past thanks to the recommendations which were contained within the Taylor Report that was published in the wake of the Hillsborough Disaster. It would be over the top to suggest there will ever be a return to the dark days of the 1970s and 1980s.

Still, the Premiership fixture at Fir Park last Saturday highlighted that fan safety must always be taken seriously. It drove home that dangerous situations can and do still arise.

Police Scotland face myriad challenges. Further reductions to officer staffing levels due to budget cuts will do nothing to help maintain order amid a worrying trend and keep the match day experience enjoyable and safe for everyone going forward.

1 minute ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

I'm kinda pissed off at spending my last day in Tenerife and having to come home tomorrow, that tit has certainly brightened my last night.

Usually loads of the tramps over there . Lap it up mate 

A case of mass lack of self awareness. They are genuinely bewildered as to why nobody wants them anywhere near their ground, neighbourhoods or cities.

Seaside Dave

Dear Joe. Fill your home stadium first before ranting about wanting more away tickets. Tell your famous fanbase to stop damaging other people's property. Stop shitting up the walls like your so called heroes ( terrorists ) done.

Infact on 2nd thoughts. **** you. **** your ira loving scumbag fanbase. **** all the players of your dirty smelly trampy shit stained club. Uppa jambos 

Dear Mr O'Rourke,

Make a cast iron guarantee for Celtic fans to desist from vandalism and violence within our stadium,  as well as your support and glorification of various terrorist activities.  Wait for the 1000 year probation period.  Re-apply your begging bowl request.  Wait for the 1000 year application process to conclude.  The answer is no,  **** off,  unless you can arrange for hell to freeze over.

Yours,

Humanity.

Offer their supporters a deal.

If they make it through this upcoming match of reduced attendance without a political banner/chant or throwing items on the field, they get the full stand going forward. They fail the test, zero seats for them going forward.

We don't need the sellick pound... 

Should have been banned from Tynie years ago. 

Unfortunately those in charge atm are way too soft and seem to have difficulties when it comes to making sensible decisions relating to the football department. 

"West of Scotland's shame"...

After he had finished going on about how much Scottish football depends on their supporters , I feel he could have encapsulated it all in one simple phrase . Something like “ we are the people “ or similar 

3 minutes ago, Smithian said:

If they make it through this upcoming match of reduced attendance without a political banner/chant or throwing items on the field, they get the full stand going forward. They fail the test, zero seats for them going forward.

Nope. They should never get the full Roseburn again, regardless of how they behave. 

On 08/10/2023 at 13:56, alicante jambo said:

What players could we have back that will give us a chance? They might be guff but we are not good. Far too many mediocre players in our squad.

Just now, Sir PH said:

Nope. They should never get the full Roseburn again, regardless of how they behave. 

There's not a chance they make it through the first 15 minutes without propping up some banner about a distant conflict or singing a disgusting anti-Protestant song inspired by the false belief Hearts supporters wish we were Rangers, like Hibs envy Celtic!

My idea would end up with them all out on their arses!

12 minutes ago, Smithian said:

I'm not sure the 2000 Roseburn season ticket holders would be happy with that offer.

Doctor FinnBarr
18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Usually loads of the tramps over there . Lap it up mate 

Only actually spotted one and that was from my balcony today, but I'm staying in the more gentile resort of Los Cristianos rather then Las Americas.

been here before
2 hours ago, Matty said:

Dear Neil,

Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

Theres is so much there you could just rip to shreds if you so desired but in the meantime...

:Robbie:

kingantti1874

🤣 even though that section holds 576. We should only give them a fraction of those tickets corresponding to the absolutely bare minimum. Sorry lads section holds 576 unfortunately - becuase you are wanks we will only give you about 100 or so 

Fitzroy Pointon

I don't understand. Do they want the tickets or don't they? Twitter was full of sections of the great unwashed saying  "send them back" on Friday/Saturday. Now they're sending begging letters? What a confused bunch.

Feel sorry for the poor coach companies though. The drivers must be gutted they don't have to put up with the smell and sectarian bile for a week. 

2 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Just the usual how unfair it is to Celtics travelling support .cutting their allocation when there is lots of empty seats in the stadium .they think we need their money  just all you would expect from them

I was speaking to a family member who happens to be in the Police he dreads the Celtic games more than any other, says the Celtic supporters are the worst by a long chalk and at Tynie they now have to keep a section of 100 seats unsold because they get so many so called "supporters" doubling up through the turnstiles who then just sit wherever refusing to move when the rightful ticket owner turns up. They truly are appaling, I'm getting worked up just writing this.

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic supporters association/away allocation