Celtic supporters association/away allocation

Rockwell

Has anybody seen the long rambling rant they have sent in an e mail to neil doncaster some incredible self entitlement..who the hell do they think they are .your getting 576 tickets deal with it .if I had my way you would get Feck all

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Sir PH

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Has anybody seen the long rambling rant they have sent in an e mail to neil doncaster some incredible self entitlement..who the hell do they think they are .your getting 576 tickets deal with it .if I had my way you would get Feck all

I wasn't cc'd, so no haven't seen it.

Is it possible to summarise their reason(s) for thinking they should get more?

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I wasn't cc'd, so no haven't seen it.

Is it possible to summarise their reason(s) for thinking they should get more?

Just the usual how unfair it is to Celtics travelling support .cutting their allocation when there is lots of empty seats in the stadium .they think we need their money  just all you would expect from them

Feel a tad unclean pasting this but here it is……

Dear Neil,
I hope you’re well in these trying times for everyone. The reason for my email is the latest cut to the ticket allocation to Celtic Football Club by Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It is becoming increasingly frustrating for the Celtic Supporters who are trying to access tickets for away matches in Scotland, bearing in mind that Celtic have the biggest travelling support in Scotland, and maybe even in the UK, it makes no sense for some clubs who continually complain about lack of funds, to be denying tickets to visiting supporters when there are plenty of seats available within their stadium.

I know you have said in the past that you don’t want to interfere in how clubs allocate their tickets, but something has to be done, to use “A reasonable amount” as the yardstick is absolutely ludicrous, and has to change, before it has a serious impact on Scottish Football, and not in a positive way, but the exact opposite. The powers that be in Scotland need to convene an emergency meeting of the SPL as a matter of urgency, before it’s too late to save some clubs.

Just as UEFA impose supporter allocation on clubs participating In their tournaments, it’s high time for the SPFL to do the same. I don’t know of any Football Association in Europe that let the clubs decide such an important issue, and I include our nearest neighbours England in that. I believe in the English Premier League visiting clubs are allocated 3,000 tickets, or 10% if the stadium capacity is greater the 30,000, they also had a price cap for visiting supporters, but that’s an argument for a different day. Some people may think that stadia in England are all like Old Trafford or the Emirates, they’re not, for instance Fulham and Crystal Palace have capacity of around 25,000, Brentford has 17,000, Bournemouth has 11,000, and finally Luton {my favourite} has just over 10,000, hardly World Cup standard.

I think in Scotland it would be difficult to use a percentage of the capacity for allocation purposes, we don’t really have a big problem at Perth or Livingston, but we do have at, Ibrox. Kilmarnock, St Mirren, and the latest allocation from Hearts of 576, is absolutely scandalous. How do Supporters Clubs run coaches to matches when they might have one ticket? Will we see coach companies going into liquidation because the cancellation of football coaches, probably one trip to an away match would pay the drivers wages for the whole week. We were allocated over 7,000 tickets for Livingston, and there were still supporters outside trying to buy tickets, so Livingston and St Johnstone maximise the allocation to help themselves, while we have Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, and St Mirren giving small allocations while their stadium is far from full, financial suicide.

I would respectfully suggest a minimum allocation of 2,500 tickets for clubs who can sell the allocation to their own supporters, that would create a proper atmosphere, especially when the visitors were Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hearts and Hibs. Aberdeen cut our allocation because seats were thrown at their supporters by visiting fans from another club, so why should Celtic Supporters be punished for the actions of other fans? Hearts have cut us continually over the last few seasons, we have went from a full stand, to 1,400, and now down to 576, are there no safety concerns for such a small number of visiting supporters? Celtic have been forced to decline tickets for Ibrox because the safety of our staff and supporters couldn’t be guaranteed, will we be forced to decline tickets from Hearts too? And the irony of it is, Hearts will give their most hated rivals Hibs, a full stand, which will be reciprocated. Are Celtic Football Club the only club in Scotland with a professional and successful Board of Directors? It certainly looks like it.
Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,
Celtic Supporters Association.

Just now, Matty said:

Dear Neil,
I hope you’re well in these trying times for everyone. The reason for my email is the latest cut to the ticket allocation to Celtic Football Club by Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It is becoming increasingly frustrating for the Celtic Supporters who are trying to access tickets for away matches in Scotland, bearing in mind that Celtic have the biggest travelling support in Scotland, and maybe even in the UK, it makes no sense for some clubs who continually complain about lack of funds, to be denying tickets to visiting supporters when there are plenty of seats available within their stadium.

I know you have said in the past that you don’t want to interfere in how clubs allocate their tickets, but something has to be done, to use “A reasonable amount” as the yardstick is absolutely ludicrous, and has to change, before it has a serious impact on Scottish Football, and not in a positive way, but the exact opposite. The powers that be in Scotland need to convene an emergency meeting of the SPL as a matter of urgency, before it’s too late to save some clubs.

Just as UEFA impose supporter allocation on clubs participating In their tournaments, it’s high time for the SPFL to do the same. I don’t know of any Football Association in Europe that let the clubs decide such an important issue, and I include our nearest neighbours England in that. I believe in the English Premier League visiting clubs are allocated 3,000 tickets, or 10% if the stadium capacity is greater the 30,000, they also had a price cap for visiting supporters, but that’s an argument for a different day. Some people may think that stadia in England are all like Old Trafford or the Emirates, they’re not, for instance Fulham and Crystal Palace have capacity of around 25,000, Brentford has 17,000, Bournemouth has 11,000, and finally Luton {my favourite} has just over 10,000, hardly World Cup standard.

I think in Scotland it would be difficult to use a percentage of the capacity for allocation purposes, we don’t really have a big problem at Perth or Livingston, but we do have at, Ibrox. Kilmarnock, St Mirren, and the latest allocation from Hearts of 576, is absolutely scandalous. How do Supporters Clubs run coaches to matches when they might have one ticket? Will we see coach companies going into liquidation because the cancellation of football coaches, probably one trip to an away match would pay the drivers wages for the whole week. We were allocated over 7,000 tickets for Livingston, and there were still supporters outside trying to buy tickets, so Livingston and St Johnstone maximise the allocation to help themselves, while we have Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, and St Mirren giving small allocations while their stadium is far from full, financial suicide.

I would respectfully suggest a minimum allocation of 2,500 tickets for clubs who can sell the allocation to their own supporters, that would create a proper atmosphere, especially when the visitors were Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hearts and Hibs. Aberdeen cut our allocation because seats were thrown at their supporters by visiting fans from another club, so why should Celtic Supporters be punished for the actions of other fans? Hearts have cut us continually over the last few seasons, we have went from a full stand, to 1,400, and now down to 576, are there no safety concerns for such a small number of visiting supporters? Celtic have been forced to decline tickets for Ibrox because the safety of our staff and supporters couldn’t be guaranteed, will we be forced to decline tickets from Hearts too? And the irony of it is, Hearts will give their most hated rivals Hibs, a full stand, which will be reciprocated. Are Celtic Football Club the only club in Scotland with a professional and successful Board of Directors? It certainly looks like it.
Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

Thanks for posting 

9 minutes ago, Matty said:

Dear Neil,

Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

Google under 'inflated sense of entitlement'. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Is he concerned about a few hundred away supporters safety stuck away in corner of 60.000 stadium at his club? Is he fcuk because they want everything their own way

HaHaHa amazing. But so long I couldn't be bothered reading it all.

I love him complaining about Celtic fans being punished by Aberdeen for the actions of other fans and worrying about the safety of Celtic fans visiting Tynecastle. As if Celtic fans haven't been trashing Tynecastle for years.

But he shouldn't worry. All they need is Celtic to win a vote of Premier League clubs. That should be easy right? Oh, 11 to 1 voting rule you say? What a shame.

Will we see coach companies going into liquidation because the cancellation of football coaches, probably one trip to an away match would pay the drivers wages for the whole week. 

Wait, we are going to be responsible for coach companies going into liquidation because we cut their allocation twice a season.

Pay their wages for a whole week.

he is the general secretary??, jesus !!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

They really are thick aren't they. We have sold out the season tickets including a large percentage of the Roseburn stand. Are They going to give the other @rse cheek in Glasgow 20k tickets for celtic park just because they too have a large travelling support, somehow I don't think so 🤣

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Matty said:

Dear Neil,

Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

Dear Joe O'Rourke,

Thank you for your e-mail, but tough shit.

Kind regards

John Findlay

Heart of Midlothian supporter of 57 yrs standing.

SectionDJambo

It’s no fair that Aberdeen cut their allocation because of the behaviour of another club’s fans? Like they are the best behaved fans in the land, especially with their regular habit of cloning tickets to gain free entry and overcrowd stadia to dangerous levels.

Maybe Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen fans should write a „Dear Neil“ letter about the possibility of banning Celtic fans from our stadia, altogether, because they regularly endanger other spectators by their irresponsible and fraudulent activities.

jamboinglasgow

Unless I missed it, he went a full rant at how Celtic aren't getting more tickets but doesn't once mention that for the two biggest games at Celtic Park each season there is no away fans because Celtic refused to give tickets to Rangers.

That letter is the definition of entitlement. Their whole argument is basically "we have all the money so give us lots of tickets, peasants."

55 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Link for this please ! :rofl:

Absolute 🔔 end. From the club that don’t want to give away tickets to anyone! What a trumpet… so, if I have it right, clubs are now supposed to turn away season tickets - because smelltic want more allocation? Why don’t you just piss off to Ireland where you belong and do everyone a favour. Twat. 

Maybe they should control themselves when they're away from home instead of smashing the place up, robbing kiosks, using fake tickets, throwing bottles etc.....

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is he concerned about a few hundred away supporters safety stuck away in corner of 60.000 stadium at his club? Is he fcuk because they want everything their own way

Excellent point. 

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dear Joe O'Rourke,

Thank you for your e-mail, but tough shit.

Kind regards

John Findlay

Heart of Midlothian supporter of 57 yrs standing.

That is absolutely terrific . Genuinely one the all time funniest things I have ever read ……….. glorious 

37 minutes ago, Matty said:

Dear Neil,

Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

Must be a pisstake ?

Surely 

Go for it 1308
43 minutes ago, Matty said:

Dear Neil,

Kind regards,
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,

What a prick 😂

For as long as I can remember they have moaned about poor turnouts from everyone else and now attendances are on the up, they are moaning about not getting tickets. The irony. 

Whilst reading this slavering tirade tickled me pink I will admit I was a tad disappointed that the world's freedom fighters didn't ask donkey to also go help the Palestinians. Though I guess, considering the fact that he's now probably throwing all his efforts into rescuing west coast coach companies from financial meltdown, they can only ask for one crusade at a time. Tough times to be a valuable victim.

Just now, R9. said:

The Irony is Hearts will give their most hated rivals Hibs a full stand. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think the majority of Hearts fans hate Celtic more than Hibs.

Exactly,hating Hibs would be like hating Santa,or the tooth fairy.

ToadKiller Dog

That letter definitely up there with the best of the hibs angry from leith letters to Lithuanian, the UN ,Nato and anybody else who would listen .

Coach companies going out of business 😆 does he think they buses sit in a yard all week rather than school runs ,old folk trips ,holiday tours weddings etc .

The sense of self entitlement is off the scale .

Though I could see dungcaster agreeing with them if Lawwel says so.

Dear Mister I'm-Too-Good-To-Call-Or-Write-My-Fans,
This'll be the last email I ever send your ass
It's less than 600 tickets. We don’t deserve it.
I know you got my last two letters;
I wrote the addresses on 'em in crayon
So this is my tears I'm sending you, I hope you see I’m a tit
I'm out my face right now, I'm drinking Buckie by the motorway
Hey Neil, I drank a half bottle of vodka, I’m surprised I’m still alive
You know the song by Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight"
About that guy who could've saved that other guy from drowning
But didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you could've rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late. I'm on a pure downer now, I'm smelly
And all I wanted was more tickets for the fitba
I hope you know I made all of Twitter lol
I loved you, Neil, we could've been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me
See, Neil,—shut up bitch! I'm trying to talk!
Hey, Neil, that's my sister/girlfriend screaming on junk,
But I didn't slit her throat, I just tied her up. See, I ain't like you
'Cause if she suffocates she'll suffer more, and then she'll die, too
Well, gotta go, I'm almost at Newbridge now
Oh shit, I forgot, how am I supposed to send this shit out?

Edited by Sooks

Selkirkhmfc1874
18 minutes ago, R9. said:

The Irony is Hearts will give their most hated rivals Hibs a full stand. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think the majority of Hearts fans hate Celtic more than Hibs.

100%

Under the floodlight
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, Slim, that's my sister/girlfriend screaming on junk,

Love it, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Although I dislike Rangers more than Celtic, if I could ban one set of fans entirely from Tynecastle, it would be Celtic's. They are scum when they come here. The fewer of them at Tynie the better.

First thought: Is this really a genuine letter? surely not and it's a piss take.

Second thought: Maybe it isn't, and this person has to be seen to be doing / writing something to appease their officially unwashed fans???

132goals1958

Just when you think they couldn't get more arrogant and self entitled some non descript comes out with this guff. A club like no other right enough. 

bean counter

Dear Joe O'Rourke

When you can stop your Clubs supporters

1) Using forged tickets

2) Tailgating at the turnstyles

3) Singing sectarian songs

4) Using Flares and Smoke Bombs

5) Trashing the Toilets

6) Abusing the Catering Staff

7) Assaulting the ball boys

We'll have another look at it

Until then you get what you are given. However feel free to refuse the allocation.

Bazzas right boot

Self entitled arseholes. 

They really think they should  be able to dictate to other clubs what they should do in their own grounds.

We should take away all their ticket allocation in acknowledgement of their safety concerns.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, Neil, that's my sister/girlfriend screaming on junk,

Impressive!

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic supporters association/away allocation