Unhappy(hate this!)

No Idle Talk

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

So having missed out starting the thread you’ve made it about you?

Good show.

Well, given the reply was directed at me I replied back. How dare I!

4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

It’s all the false dawns that get me down.

Don’t worry, there’ll be another new 5 year plan coming any time now.  Jam will also be on tomorrows’ menu and for the foreseeable! 

Our problems run far deeper than our management team. I know that I am stating the obvious but there is so much that needs fixing on the football side of things AKA The most important part of the club. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree with a lot but Shankland need to look at himself. The fact that he doesn’t ****ing move enough is a key reason for this shit, that and the fact that him and Boyce clearly can’t play together.

hes miserable because he didn’t get his move and should be benched 

Pretty clear to anyone who watches us that Shankland needs pace around him as he himself has literally zero. It's also abundantly clear that it's Shanks or Boyce but not both. Naismith seems absolutely intent on playing them together and he's ultimately going to lose his job in the next few weeks for this, at least in part. 

If the plan is now to play 3 in midfield it's going to take the right combination in that crucial area. I couldn't make the game yesterday but it struck me that the 3 he selected in there yesterday were unlikely to compliment each other.  

Shanks or Boyce need flanked with pace if we're going 433. Having both together wanting to drop into similar areas because neither can run in behind is a recipe for more of what we've endured. 

Not sure how close Naismith and McAvoy are after the charade that played out in the early weeks. If he is getting getting guidance from McAvoy and not taking it then it speaks to a potentially bigger issue. In all honesty I just don't see how this gets any better. The next 5 fixtures will tell us everything. We could easily be 10/12 points adrift of 3rd place after 10 games. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

All about honest opinions. - and mine is that we were late in getting rid of Neilson. His ship had well and truly sailed by the time the Board sacked him. 

And it looks like history repeating itself again with the current lot.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Nothing wrong with the OP and it sums up how the majority of us are feeling. 

My owns thoughts just now are, why do I put myself through this torture week in week out. Having been both in Greece and Norway then the highlight was the city and bars itself. The side show of the 90 mins distracted what was a good jolly away with some pals.

The football on offer this season is a tragic event though. Utter mind numbing drivel and I’m actually questioning my logic of home and away visits that leave me feeling numb. I’m almost at the ‘I need to get myself a weekend life/new hobby/spend more time with the family scenario’ I’m actually numb with what’s being served up under the guise of a football team and a very poor one at that. I question the 3 stooges that are entrusted to ‘coach and manage’ our beloved club because they’re not. If they can’t see that Boyce and Shanks can’t play together in a front 3 then they need to feck off pronto! 

I don’t get the McAvoy appointment. Is this the best we can do? The inexperienced Naisy appointment and should Forrest not have left with the other two? All this amateur dramatics is showing just how amateur the footballing side is at the moment and that’s from top to bottom. Frankly I’m sick of the whole shit show. As one that goes home and away then I’m harbouring feelings of regret about giving up a Saturday off to watch that turgid, eye bleeding pish on offer and don’t even get me started about possession stats. Whoever the feck conjured that up was merely finding a loophole in which to pull the wool over our eyes with their own failings. 69% possession we had and the majority of it in our own half. 1-0 absolutely flattered us yesterday. Rinse repeat is getting boring and tiresome now. 

I’ve got Killie and Ross County tickets already and travel is organised for next Saturday, yet for the first time in well over a decade I’m thinking of why bother as it won’t change overnight until the person or person’s responsible are actually removed. Why is the product on the park so amateurish? Why is our management dream team straight out of Billy Smarts circus? You’d be better with Larry, Mo and Curly in the dugout as at least there would be an entertainment of some sort. I’m not sure I can take much more of this and it’s compounding when you think of the gulf in finances we have over the best of the rest. 

SORT THIS SHIT OUT HEARTS FFS! We at least deserve honesty and transparency from the rulers of the club to the players on the park. 

I totally agree with everything you said mate. I’m still kicking myself for lasting the 90 minutes when I should have just went back to Glasgow at half time.

The problem with us is that we never really show discontent to the Board. We constantly moan on social media and KB but until there is a more concerted effort to show our displeasure inside Tynecastle then the people running the club will just continue to do what they’ve always done.

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pretty clear to anyone who watches us that Shankland needs pace around him as he himself has literally zero. It's also abundantly clear that it's Shanks or Boyce but not both. Naismith seems absolutely intent on playing them together and he's ultimately going to lose his job in the next few weeks for this, at least in part. 

If the plan is now to play 3 in midfield it's going to take the right combination in that crucial area. I couldn't make the game yesterday but it struck me that the 3 he selected in there yesterday were unlikely to compliment each other.  

Shanks or Boyce need flanked with pace if we're going 433. Having both together wanting to drop into similar areas because neither can run in behind is a recipe for more of what we've endured. 

Not sure how close Naismith and McAvoy are after the charade that played out in the early weeks. If he is getting getting guidance from McAvoy and not taking it then it speaks to a potentially bigger issue. In all honesty I just don't see how this gets any better. The next 5 fixtures will tell us everything. We could easily be 10/12 points adrift of 3rd place after 10 games. 

I did notice that McAvoy is still out doing the organising at set pieces, corners and free kicks.

This are should be told to stay in the feckin dugout.

The players are there in my opinion and still the 3rd best squad so you can only point towards management and then the board for appointing them….

could be a long season. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I totally agree with everything you said mate. I’m still kicking myself for lasting the 90 minutes when I should have just went back to Glasgow at half time.

The problem with us is that we never really show discontent to the Board. We constantly moan on social media and KB but until there is a more concerted effort to show our displeasure inside Tynecastle then the people running the club will just continue to do what they’ve always done.

It’s about time we had a FOH member on the board that wasn’t afraid to ask the real questions the ordinary supporters wants to know. I think the two we have just now are as weak as dishwater. I’ve never seen Gerry Mallon on a supporters bus up in Dingwall on a Tuesday night in winter. How can he love HMFC like we do and follow religiously wherever we play. 

1) Who’s idea was it to appoint the current management team? 
2) Why are McAvoy and Forrest still there

if we have an inexperienced manager then we need experienced deputies. Stop the cosy appointees 

3) What was the majority vote that decided an inexperienced manager should get the 3rd biggest management job in Scottish football. 
4) What or how exactly is our £140k per month being spent on? 
5) If it’s players transfer fees, wages or managers wages don’t we get a say in who is managing our beloved club? 
6) What is the extent of our scouting  network if Lancefield is London and Home Counties based. Why do we use Whyscout other than being a purposeful tool? 
7) Why does our dream management team insist on plying liam Boyce upfront with Lawrence Shankland. A fecking blind man can see it doesn’t work so what do these clown do in training to make them think differently? 

8) Why do we have the third biggest budget in Scotland only to be outfought, outthought, outplayed and constantly embarrassed by teams on a fraction of our budget like Dundee, Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren etc?

9) Can we please have some football minded people that actually know and understand the game be involved in the actual running or our club. Neither the current lot or the FOH reps do. 
10) Do we ever learn our lessons from past experiments with playing and management personnel as it looks like more of the same just with a different gift wrap, ribbon and bow 

11) Who exactly is accountable for the millions of pounds spent on utter dross and when does and will it actually stop? 
12) If this is how we split the OF then what century was JS thinking this would happen? 

We the supporters with our constant and unwavering support both financially and travel at away games and are being turned into a laughing stock by our own club. The very lifeblood that we love and cherish.

This current team are soft and as soft as 💩. Scottish football is won in the trenches yet we look as if we’ve downed  tools as soon as a ball is kicked. Lawrence Shankland is not captain material and never will be. The armband needs removed and given to someone who knows how to rally the troops. LS isn’t that person and it’s a failure on Naisy’s behalf. 

Edited by SMJ_1874

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

It’s all the false dawns that get me down.

It's not the false dawns, it's the reaction to adversity that pisses me off.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree with a lot but Shankland need to look at himself. The fact that he doesn’t ****ing move enough is a key reason for this shit, that and the fact that him and Boyce clearly can’t play together.

hes miserable because he didn’t get his move and should be benched 

Spot on, I’ve been saying for weeks shankland looks like he doesn’t want to be here 

13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

There are loads of threads on here just now expressing unhappiness with how things are going. Fair.

Since I joined JKB I think I have been very positive about Hearts. Check if you don't believe me. So I am not a 'pant wetter'. But I am so unhappy right now. This team is not good. I have a pal who is a Newcastle fan but who wasn't really in to Scottish Football. But I have convinced him to take an interest in Hearts. I love that. We sat and watched the game today and we both thought it was terrible. It was. I said to him 'I am very confused just now, I don't know if we have good players who are being poorly managed or if the players are just crap and we are thinking they are better than they are.' My pal said he thinks it probably a combination of both. Which terrified me!

Full disclosure, I didn't want Steven Naismith to get the job. Folk were saying how much better things got once he took over from Robbie, but that was such a low bar! The last five or six matches under Robbie were a farce. The players had chucked it. So there was actually NO WAY that things couldn't look a bit better after Steven Naismith took over. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

We played away to St Mirren near the end of last season. That day was a pretty poor performance I thought. We scraped a draw with a 96th minute penalty. Yesterday's game was a carbon copy of that match. So what does that tell you? What it tells me is that six months of Steven Naismith has not improved this team at all.

Lawrence Shankland looks bloody miserable right now. Some people will be thinking that 'he's the captain so he needs to lead by example'. Yeah I get that. But that guy is so frustrated right now. He is an awesome goalscorer but a goalscorer can only be a goalscorer if the team is making chances for him. And we just aren't.

Watching Hearts away from home is actually a painful experience. It hurts my 'heart'. It really does. I cannot decide if these players don't have the guts to wear the badge I love so much, or if they are actually giving it 100% but they just aren't good enough. Either way, I am so unhappy with what I am seeing.

I am calling it right now, that Kilmarnock will put us out the cup on Tuesday night. I am disgusted with myself to say that but I am a realist and it is just honestly how I see it going. 

I am so pissed off just now.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. 

St Mirren was the first game I’ve missed this season, outwith the away European games.

The performance at Dens was sickening and yesterday was a repeat. 

rab obanheartsno1
9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Don't disagree with you that he needs benched, but he also thrives on players creating chances for him and that hasn't been happening. Is this a more valid reason for the obvious frustration ? 

The reason I'm saying the above is that if he has spat the dummy out because he didn't get his big move, he is all but consigning himself to never getting his move in the future, and If he continues to play the way he has been. 

He should off buried that chance he had yesterday,but the petted lips on now so will go in January 

2 hours ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

He should off buried that chance he had yesterday,but the petted lips on now so will go in January 

It could be what's behind it all, but he made some comments after the game, and on face, it does appear he is frustrated and most probably with having a lack of chances in the recent games.

I agree though, in that his body language isn't great. He needs someone, with pace, in front of him. He isn't as effective up top as the lead striker and I still stand by that.  

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cn0g5xnd4dyo

22 hours ago, Carter said:

I can't disagree with any of that. Shankland does need pace round about him. Playing a front two with someone quick and Shankland is probably the best scenario for him.