Unhappy(hate this!)

No Idle Talk

There are loads of threads on here just now expressing unhappiness with how things are going. Fair.

Since I joined JKB I think I have been very positive about Hearts. Check if you don't believe me. So I am not a 'pant wetter'. But I am so unhappy right now. This team is not good. I have a pal who is a Newcastle fan but who wasn't really in to Scottish Football. But I have convinced him to take an interest in Hearts. I love that. We sat and watched the game today and we both thought it was terrible. It was. I said to him 'I am very confused just now, I don't know if we have good players who are being poorly managed or if the players are just crap and we are thinking they are better than they are.' My pal said he thinks it probably a combination of both. Which terrified me!

Full disclosure, I didn't want Steven Naismith to get the job. Folk were saying how much better things got once he took over from Robbie, but that was such a low bar! The last five or six matches under Robbie were a farce. The players had chucked it. So there was actually NO WAY that things couldn't look a bit better after Steven Naismith took over. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

We played away to St Mirren near the end of last season. That day was a pretty poor performance I thought. We scraped a draw with a 96th minute penalty. Yesterday's game was a carbon copy of that match. So what does that tell you? What it tells me is that six months of Steven Naismith has not improved this team at all.

Lawrence Shankland looks bloody miserable right now. Some people will be thinking that 'he's the captain so he needs to lead by example'. Yeah I get that. But that guy is so frustrated right now. He is an awesome goalscorer but a goalscorer can only be a goalscorer if the team is making chances for him. And we just aren't.

Watching Hearts away from home is actually a painful experience. It hurts my 'heart'. It really does. I cannot decide if these players don't have the guts to wear the badge I love so much, or if they are actually giving it 100% but they just aren't good enough. Either way, I am so unhappy with what I am seeing.

I am calling it right now, that Kilmarnock will put us out the cup on Tuesday night. I am disgusted with myself to say that but I am a realist and it is just honestly how I see it going. 

I am so pissed off just now.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool. Did you need your own thread?

Mate, don't be a knob. I'm not seeking attention. I just needed to get it off my chest.

J.T.F.Robertson
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So what? He's venting, and I for one get it.

Our, the football side of things, has been a farce for years now.

We should have even more threads, imo.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, BangkokHearts said:

I think we are all feeling the same at the moment. 😩

We are, which was my reason for asking the question on the thread's existence when it could easily have appeared of one of the dozen or so other threads.

Anyway....

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

There are loads of threads on here just now expressing unhappiness with how things are going. Fair.

Since I joined JKB I think I have been very positive about Hearts. Check if you don't believe me. So I am not a 'pant wetter'. But I am so unhappy right now. This team is not good. I have a pal who is a Newcastle fan but who wasn't really in to Scottish Football. But I have convinced him to take an interest in Hearts. I love that. We sat and watched the game today and we both thought it was terrible. It was. I said to him 'I am very confused just now, I don't know if we have good players who are being poorly managed or if the players are just crap and we are thinking they are better than they are.' My pal said he thinks it probably a combination of both. Which terrified me!

Full disclosure, I didn't want Steven Naismith to get the job. Folk were saying how much better things got once he took over from Robbie, but that was such a low bar! The last five or six matches under Robbie were a farce. The players had chucked it. So there was actually NO WAY that things couldn't look a bit better after Steven Naismith took over. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

We played away to St Mirren near the end of last season. That day was a pretty poor performance I thought. We scraped a draw with a 96th minute penalty. Yesterday's game was a carbon copy of that match. So what does that tell you? What it tells me is that six months of Steven Naismith has not improved this team at all.

Lawrence Shankland looks bloody miserable right now. Some people will be thinking that 'he's the captain so he needs to lead by example'. Yeah I get that. But that guy is so frustrated right now. He is an awesome goalscorer but a goalscorer can only be a goalscorer if the team is making chances for him. And we just aren't.

Watching Hearts away from home is actually a painful experience. It hurts my 'heart'. It really does. I cannot decide if these players don't have the guts to wear the badge I love so much, or if they are actually giving it 100% but they just aren't good enough. Either way, I am so unhappy with what I am seeing.

I am calling it right now, that Kilmarnock will put us out the cup on Tuesday night. I am disgusted with myself to say that but I am a realist and it is just honestly how I see it going. 

Exactly how I feel. 

Captain Sausage

Great OP. Very fair. 

Not surprised that our Australian post starter extraordinaire is upset someone else found the ‘new post’ button. 

Allowayjambo1874

Think OP is spot on. You could sum up in one word how the whole support is feeling right now. Scunnered.

The blind loyalty thing is waring very thin now for a lot of fans and people are questioning why bother, especially for away games. It’s just rinse and repeat, unenjoyable crap and the players, management and board don’t seem to give a flying ****. 

Don’t blame anyone who says they are done with it or who is hurting like the OP and wants to get it off their chest. 

6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I feel exactly the same ma pal

Agree with a lot but Shankland need to look at himself. The fact that he doesn’t ****ing move enough is a key reason for this shit, that and the fact that him and Boyce clearly can’t play together.

hes miserable because he didn’t get his move and should be benched 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree with a lot but Shankland need to look at himself. The fact that he doesn’t ****ing move enough is a key reason for this shit, that and the fact that him and Boyce clearly can’t play together.

hes miserable because he didn’t get his move and should be benched 

Don't disagree with you that he needs benched, but he also thrives on players creating chances for him and that hasn't been happening. Is this a more valid reason for the obvious frustration ? 

The reason I'm saying the above is that if he has spat the dummy out because he didn't get his big move, he is all but consigning himself to never getting his move in the future, and If he continues to play the way he has been. 

Edited by Hearts1975

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Don't disagree with you that he needs benched, but he also thrives on players creating chances for him and that hasn't been happening. Is this a more valid reason for the obvious frustration ? 

The reason I'm saying the above is that if he has spat the dummy out because he didn't get his big move, he is all but consigning himself to never getting his move in the future, and If he continues to play the way he has been. 

starts from the front. People look at midfield but it’s actually not the problem.  Midfield will always look terrible  if there is no movement, energy ahead of them.

shankland was lucky he had Gino in front of him last year doing the running for him 

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You should start your own thread, asking people to stop opening new threads.

Great post by OP and sums up how I’m feeling. I couldn’t be arsed going yesterday as I just knew it was going to be a Dundee game type performance all over again (which it turned out to be).

management and it’s structure is a shambles and the style of play is on a par with the eye bleeding Neilson shite.  Players who frankly are a disgrace to the jersey and weak / feeble.

Im away for 6 weeks and doubt I’ll miss this shit show one bit.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

starts from the front. People look at midfield but it’s actually not the problem.  Midfield will always look terrible  if there is no movement, energy ahead of them.

shankland was lucky he had Gino in front of him last year doing the running for him 

Wouldn't disagree with that either. 

The issue is that Shanks isn't choosing to play where Gino played last year. 

Totally agree with you in that the movement with having someone with pace in the No9 role, and having Shanks play off them is a better solution. 

I hope we don't persist with Boyce and Shanks through the centre. Far too similar in how they play. Vargas could be a temporary option up top, but Tagawa needs to be given a proper chance and when he returns. 

Don't get me wrong. Shanks is our Captain. There was a point in the first half where he rattled the ball into the stand in sheer frustration.

He needs to be setting an example to the rest of the team and that's entirely the wrong example to be setting. 

Francis Albert

I posted a few depressed and angry comments last night. The OP expresses my views much better than I did. So thanks. 

(There are always multiple threads in times of crisis or controversy or indeed triumph or success.)

Good post by N I T - Hopefully the HMFC employee's who monitor JKB will report back expressing the anger many fans are feeling at the way the club is being mismanaged.

7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

There’s a hell of alot of points we could all talk about that we feel is wrong with us but I’ll touch on the players.  

Other teams players seem to have more ire and fight about them.  I know we are a scalp and teams lift themselves, but it’s even in the way they play individually.  They generally may not be better ability wise but they seem more prepared to do the “dirty work”.    Bustle, anticipate more, run harder, have more desire to get to the ball first…….it’s excruciating to see a Hearts team outfought quite often now. That was bog standard , almost like a motto of our club for years…..go down fighting.  

It can sometimes look like we have a bunch of nice footballers who can’t do the basic physical and crucial mental side of the game and that’s something I can’t stand and it always sticks out in tough times.  

Nothing wrong with the OP and it sums up how the majority of us are feeling. 

My owns thoughts just now are, why do I put myself through this torture week in week out. Having been both in Greece and Norway then the highlight was the city and bars itself. The side show of the 90 mins distracted what was a good jolly away with some pals.

The football on offer this season is a tragic event though. Utter mind numbing drivel and I’m actually questioning my logic of home and away visits that leave me feeling numb. I’m almost at the ‘I need to get myself a weekend life/new hobby/spend more time with the family scenario’ I’m actually numb with what’s being served up under the guise of a football team and a very poor one at that. I question the 3 stooges that are entrusted to ‘coach and manage’ our beloved club because they’re not. If they can’t see that Boyce and Shanks can’t play together in a front 3 then they need to feck off pronto! 

I don’t get the McAvoy appointment. Is this the best we can do? The inexperienced Naisy appointment and should Forrest not have left with the other two? All this amateur dramatics is showing just how amateur the footballing side is at the moment and that’s from top to bottom. Frankly I’m sick of the whole shit show. As one that goes home and away then I’m harbouring feelings of regret about giving up a Saturday off to watch that turgid, eye bleeding pish on offer and don’t even get me started about possession stats. Whoever the feck conjured that up was merely finding a loophole in which to pull the wool over our eyes with their own failings. 69% possession we had and the majority of it in our own half. 1-0 absolutely flattered us yesterday. Rinse repeat is getting boring and tiresome now. 

I’ve got Killie and Ross County tickets already and travel is organised for next Saturday, yet for the first time in well over a decade I’m thinking of why bother as it won’t change overnight until the person or person’s responsible are actually removed. Why is the product on the park so amateurish? Why is our management dream team straight out of Billy Smarts circus? You’d be better with Larry, Mo and Curly in the dugout as at least there would be an entertainment of some sort. I’m not sure I can take much more of this and it’s compounding when you think of the gulf in finances we have over the best of the rest. 

SORT THIS SHIT OUT HEARTS FFS! We at least deserve honesty and transparency from the rulers of the club to the players on the park. 

The OP is spot on. It’s exactly how I feel about the current mess. The Board are totally culpable in all of this. Inaction last season followed by the easy cheap option. They have to take ownership of the present situation and take the necessary action needed to sort things out. Unfortunately I think we will now enter a period of dithering by them before the penny eventually drops.  By that time of course we will have been emptied out of the league cup and be languishing near the bottom of the league with a mountain to climb to get any decent spot in the league. 

Edited by Deevers

No need to apologise for starting a new thread, as your eloquent and considered posts deserve better than being lost in the general troll fest. 

Bazzas right boot

Shankland looks like  a guy who was signed by the pervious manager and liked playing for the previous manager and now looks like he hates playing for us.

Or Maybe he was close to a big move, maybe he still is and is head is elsewhere. 

Maybe the divisions in the camp still exist. 

Who knows, but it's becoming more and more of a shit show compounded by injuries.

Hibs will likely beat us, 1 goal would be enough to beat us atm,we have little creativity,  will or goals in us.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The OP is spot on. It’s exactly how I feel about the current mess. The Board are totally culpable in all of this. Inaction last season followed by the easy cheap option. They have to take ownership of the present situation and take the necessary action needed to sort things out. Unfortunately I think we will now enter a period of dithering by them before the penny eventually drops.  By that time of course we will have been emptied out of the league cup and be languishing near the bottom of the league with a mountain to climb to get any decent spot in the league. 

Where's the inaction?

They sacked a manager at the right time after poor form and dropping a place.

How is that " inaction"?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Where's the inaction?

They sacked a manager at the right time after poor form and dropping a place.

How is that " inaction"?

It should have happened four games earlier - that cost us third.

By The Light..
7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Exactly how I feel.

And your sentence about St Mirren and Naismith is spot on. Naismith needs to explain this to the board -

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It should have happened four games earlier - that cost us third.

So sacking a manager after 3 defeats in 3rd place?

That is Bull shit.

Sacking a manager in 4th is a gamble, sacking one in 3rd is just ****ing mental.

Part of the problem is/was a group of fans that wanted Bob gone from the start, despite us doing well.

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shankland looks like  a guy who was signed by the pervious manager and liked playing for the previous manager and now looks like he hates playing for us.

This... his head is elsewhere. He seems sluggish & disinterested. If he does want away he should at least put on a good show to make prospective bigger clubs take notice.

maroonedinbriz
15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That is Bull shit.

Sacking a manager in 4th is a gamble, sacking one in 3rd is just ****ing mental.

Part of the problem is/was a group of fans that wanted Bob gone from the start, despite us doing well.

Just give the Bob love in a miss for God's sake. True, a group of fans didn't want Neilson back, however that group had swelled to the majority by the time he was sacked. The players had given up on him. Neilson is history. Move on.

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That is Bull shit.

All about honest opinions. - and mine is that we were late in getting rid of Neilson. His ship had well and truly sailed by the time the Board sacked him. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Great post by OP and sums up how I’m feeling. I couldn’t be arsed going yesterday as I just knew it was going to be a Dundee game type performance all over again (which it turned out to be).

management and it’s structure is a shambles and the style of play is on a par with the eye bleeding Neilson shite.  Players who frankly are a disgrace to the jersey and weak / feeble.

Im away for 6 weeks and doubt I’ll miss this shit show one bit.

Any chance you need your bags carried so that I can come with you chum? Oh, and anyone wanting my ticket for Tuesday because I sure as hell can't be arsed going to see THAT. Again !!!

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Summed up my feelings perfectly.

I hope the board make a decisive move and realise that naismith is not working as manager. None of this experimental stuff, just get an experienced manager. Whether that is or isn't spl experience, I'd obviously prefer some spl experience.

Robinson, Kettlewell for example. They know this league, and I think they would do well for us. 

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What a shite post, The guy is expressing what most of us feel at the moment. We don't need your smart arse comments. Bolt !

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Nothing wrong with the OP and it sums up how the majority of us are feeling. 

My owns thoughts just now are, why do I put myself through this torture week in week out. Having been both in Greece and Norway then the highlight was the city and bars itself. The side show of the 90 mins distracted what was a good jolly away with some pals.

The football on offer this season is a tragic event though. Utter mind numbing drivel and I’m actually questioning my logic of home and away visits that leave me feeling numb. I’m almost at the ‘I need to get myself a weekend life/new hobby/spend more time with the family scenario’ I’m actually numb with what’s being served up under the guise of a football team and a very poor one at that. I question the 3 stooges that are entrusted to ‘coach and manage’ our beloved club because they’re not. If they can’t see that Boyce and Shanks can’t play together in a front 3 then they need to feck off pronto! 

I don’t get the McAvoy appointment. Is this the best we can do? The inexperienced Naisy appointment and should Forrest not have left with the other two? All this amateur dramatics is showing just how amateur the footballing side is at the moment and that’s from top to bottom. Frankly I’m sick of the whole shit show. As one that goes home and away then I’m harbouring feelings of regret about giving up a Saturday off to watch that turgid, eye bleeding pish on offer and don’t even get me started about possession stats. Whoever the feck conjured that up was merely finding a loophole in which to pull the wool over our eyes with their own failings. 69% possession we had and the majority of it in our own half. 1-0 absolutely flattered us yesterday. Rinse repeat is getting boring and tiresome now. 

I’ve got Killie and Ross County tickets already and travel is organised for next Saturday, yet for the first time in well over a decade I’m thinking of why bother as it won’t change overnight until the person or person’s responsible are actually removed. Why is the product on the park so amateurish? Why is our management dream team straight out of Billy Smarts circus? You’d be better with Larry, Mo and Curly in the dugout as at least there would be an entertainment of some sort. I’m not sure I can take much more of this and it’s compounding when you think of the gulf in finances we have over the best of the rest. 

SORT THIS SHIT OUT HEARTS FFS! We at least deserve honesty and transparency from the rulers of the club to the players on the park. 

Totally agree with this and the OP. Until we employ a manager from outwith the existing cosy setup then it's going to be rinse and repeat. Board need to display some cojones and take a chance. The only issue with that is that the board have repeatedly shown they don't have a clue about fitba. Troubling times.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, whodanny said:

What a shite post, The guy is expressing what most of us feel at the moment. We don't need your smart arse comments. Bolt !

I probably did the guy a favour actually. Had I not said that it would probably have been merged...

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I probably did the guy a favour actually. Had I not said that it would probably have been merged...

You're doing no one any favours.  I guess from your location you really have no Idea of the mood around Hearts at the moment. Walking down Dalry road to Tynie last week I felt nobody was particularly excited about going to the game. At the moment it's just something we do for the love of the club, but there's no great joy in it just now. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, whodanny said:

You're doing no one any favours.  I guess from your location you really have no Idea of the mood around Hearts at the moment. Walking down Dalry road to Tynie last week I felt nobody was particularly excited about going to the game. At the moment it's just something we do for the love of the club, but there's no great joy in it just now. 

I actually do have an "idea" and it's pissing me off as much as the next man. I commented as to why I asked that question if you care to read down.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually do have an "idea" and it's pissing me off as much as the next man. I commented as to why I asked that question if you care to read down.

I actually don't really care to read anything you post. Bye.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So having missed out starting the thread you’ve made it about you?

Good show.