*** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hold the bus

Kickback hates 3 at the back

God, I'm confused now.

Haha I’m all for 3 at the back. Sibbick looks more comfortable and more support for Kent and rowles. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

3 minutes ago, Orkney Hearts said:

It was a marginal better performance, moved ball quicker , and 2 great goals . Still areas where we were poor, that said in cup result is all that counts and hopefully a conference boost to take into league

Keep taking the Valium

Fozzyonthefence
35 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Great result.

People really need to stop posting every time we get beat.

Thanks

There’s plenty won’t be posting tonight now we’ve won!🫢

LeicesterHeart
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Haha I’m all for 3 at the back. Sibbick looks more comfortable and more support for Kent and rowles. 

We should play the 3 2 4 1 system.

joondalupjambo
24 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

1987 2 draws and a coin toss decided the venue for the 3rd leg and it was Rugby Park. Pouring rain but we won 3-1 Gary McKay, Kenny Black and super Wayne chased a long ball for the 3rd

You know this I travelled home and away right through the 70's, 80's and best part of the 90's and I just cannot remember that.  Ageing is a horrible thing.

Strange thing is I can remember the three Montrose SC games.  Jim Brown scoring at Muirton in the third game if I recall correctly.

I must have been at least two of those Killie ties, must have been.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Well done to the team and management, especially Naismith who after all is doing his best. Well done Naisy. Very good result for the Club.

27 minutes ago, OTT said:

Watching the game, it feels like our defence just isn't well organised enough. At the goal, could/should Zander be claiming that? At 6"5, I'm questioning it... plus Killie did extremely well carving open chances.

I'm not trying to focus on the negatives, but I think its important not to ease any pressure on Naismith. 3rd place and the European prize money MUST go to us. There isn't room for anything less. 

👍

You win a quarter final cup tie away from home against the team that knocked out Celtic in the last round and the miserable *******s on here are just that miserable as sin, that the team they purport to support won.

Kilmarnock away on that artificial pitch is not easy for anyone.

In cup football if you score more goals than your opponent you go through to the next round. 

Hearts did this tonight, despite all the talk before the game started was about how many we were going to lose by.

It wasn't easy, far from, but that was always going to be the case.

Tonight I say well done to the Hearts players. You went right to the 94th minute and got your just reward. Heads never went down. As someone who was there. That victory was richly deserved.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

You win a quarter final cup tie away from home against the team that knocked out Celtic in the last round and the miserable *******s on here are just that miserable as sin, that the team they purport to support won.

In cup football if you score more goals than your opponent you go through to the next round. 

Hearts did this tonight, despite all the talk before the game started was about how many we were going to lose by.

Tonight I say well done to the Hearts players. You went right to the 94th minute and got your just reward. Heads never went down. As someone who was there. That victory was richly deserved.

Indeed, Rangers and Celtic have already lost there this season.  Naismith haters seething tonight!

Ricardo Quaresma
39 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

But, but, Mikey Stewart said the change didn't make sense. 😄

Mikey Stewart is a hibs rat 🙂

Graham Thomson
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This 100% 👍

Graham Thomson
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This 100% 😄

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This. 

We done a lot better tonight and Grant and the Hoff can be pleased with their performances. Thought they both done well, we lost a bit of momentum when Devlin went off but overall, the midfield done well. Beni getting back to fitness, so there are signs of improvement in an area we have been weak in lately.  Pleasing victory at a notoriously difficult venue and surface. Well done Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

👏 

Exile fae Main Street
9 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

You know this I travelled home and away right through the 70's, 80's and best part of the 90's and I just cannot remember that.  Ageing is a horrible thing.

Strange thing is I can remember the three Montrose SC games.  Jim Brown scoring at Muirton in the third game if I recall correctly.

Ralph Callachan scored the winner at Muirton as I recall

10 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ralph callaghan?

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They aren’t through yet bud. I won’t be hoping yhey win tomorrow 

27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I suspect that the Vermin tramps won’t make it to the semi.

Of course. Don’t know what I was thinking. They are thinking they are Barcelona again so we know how that plays out. St Mirren will see them off Id guess

1 hour ago, Sergemcmurto said:

Maybe someone will correct me but been told these types of surface not allowed in the top 4 divisions in England but we have 2 in our top league 

Why the other 10 SPL clubs don’t force Killie and Livvy to dig up these horrendous pitches God only knows! 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This. Not playing for extra time. Trying to win it. Well done 

Tonight Naismith should get credit.

Sensible lineup given players available with players we need to give time to recover (Boyce / Beni) rested for majority.

Perhaps Lowry can feel hard done by to come on late but it worked.

This shows why Haring should only be considered backup to Devlin. He’s a step down but that’s what you expect from a backup really.

People forget Vargas is one for the future. I think only injuries to Oda, McKay and Tagawa have led to him getting so much game time.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Good post John.

I settled for TV tonight, enjoyed the victory unlike some on here. Maybe the banner can be extended to add “Followed by more clowns and imposters on JKB”

Kilmarnock and its plastic pitch is never an easy venue to play at with the added enjoyment in getting it over Derek McInnes {sp?}

Looking forward to my trip to Dingwall on Saturday. Fingers crossed their game goes to extra time and penalties tomorrow night

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The ball was in front of Vargas if you see the replay. It wasn't a miss.

I think he bottled heading it.

Vargas has disappointed me last two games. 

I think he’ll contribute for us going forward though. 

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

👍

Pasquale for King
Just now, longmalx said:

Sensible lineup given players available with players we need to give time to recover (Boyce / Beni) rested for majority.

This shows why Haring should only be considered backup to Devlin. He’s a step down but that’s what you expect from a backup really.

People forget Vargas is one for the future. I think only injuries to Oda, McKay and Tagawa have led to him getting so much game time.

Spot on

12 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Well done to the team and management, especially Naismith who after all is doing his best. Well done Naisy. Very good result for the Club.

This. 

Well done Steven Naismith's Hearts side.😎👍

Ricardo Quaresma
41 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Cammy and Calem both injured , need them on Saturday

Not sure about Cammy but Calem just had cramp, I think

Have a feeling Cammy was either shelved for the weekend or just a slight knock and precaution

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Awful game on a terrible pitch, all about the victory though. Well done to all those who went through 👍🏽👏🏾

It will always be an awful game on that dangerous green ice rink!

2 minutes ago, longmalx said:

good post 

43 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Cammy and Calem both injured , need them on Saturday

Injury list almost worse than last season now. 

we had 6 defo starters not playing tonight and add Devlin and Calem to it. 

Honestly!

Ricardo Quaresma
43 minutes ago, OTT said:

Watching the game, it feels like our defence just isn't well organised enough. At the goal, could/should Zander be claiming that? At 6"5, I'm questioning it... plus Killie did extremely well carving open chances.

I'm not trying to focus on the negatives, but I think its important not to ease any pressure on Naismith. 3rd place and the European prize money MUST go to us. There isn't room for anything less. 

Zander, six foot five, na 🙂

37 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Tbh his team selection and set up was poor. In general his subs were bad. 

my point was in relation to somebody deflecting blame from the players. They are still in control of not playing completely shit and making mistake after mistake. 

whole clubs full of shite bags and we were lucky today. Outplayed almost the whole of the 2nd half by Kilmarnock who had a game plan so basic yet we couldn’t counter it. 

Great goal to win it though.

All about opinions. But absolute nonsense.