Kye Rowles

SM Sheffield

Praise where it’s due.

Apart from looking sharper, he looked confident and that says much about his character given the rough time he’s had recently.  

Kept it simple too. Launched it when it wasn’t on to make a pass when he maybe tried a difficult pass previously. 

Covered well and stood up to the physical challenge. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Chimp

• Pasquale for King

• Thunder and Lightning

I think having Kent there to guide him might just start paying of hopefully, the whole defense looked pretty solid Today. What a signing Kent has been 👍

Very solid and deserves credit for not crumbling under criticism, as he looked inept in previous matches. I would still have Sibbick ahead of him. As we could see today, Sibbick just has a lot more to his game

Was worried in the beginning as he had a few uncertain moment with the ball above him and Miovski started to bully him a little, but someone must’ve had a word because he then never put a foot wrong the rest of the game. Excellent performance.

So it turns out our Aussie signings have good games and bad games. Who would have thought it. They are  all decent players at our level and if they performed to their top level every week they probably wouldn't be Hearts players.

Showed much more physicality today too. Very impressed. Went in for a 50-50 with someone and put them on their arse. Shows what a bit of confidence and support can do as I wouldn’t have backed him to do that a few weeks ago. Caught out once by Miovski early doors then completely dominated him from that moment on. 

Never thought I’d say this but best player on the park today. However it’s the games against the ‘lower teams’ he struggles in. Where we try to play out from back and the other team sits in and catches us with the ball over top. Hopefully the coaching staff have got him told 😂

Aberdeen were absolute shocking and rarely threatened us after the opening  7 minutes but he did make some excellent tackles today and looked much more assured on the ball. Let's hope he kicks on. Through natty had duk on toast all game which was also pleasing 

i wish jj was my dad
59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Played well today but is pish 

FFS. guy put in a great shift. Don't let it ruin your night. Somebody else will be pish next week. 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Agreed. 

He smashed into a 50-50 and won the ball

the crowd went nuts so please for him and Hearts if he can keep it up will turn out to be the player we wanted.

Back to his best today! Been heavily criticised, and rightly so recently but was calm and assured for the entire game today and never looked like giving Aberdeen a sniff at goal. Well done Kye! More performances like today going forward please. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Played well today but is pish 

Do you ever stop to think maybe think is  just lacking a bit confidence? 

he quite clearly is not pish

29 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

FFS. guy put in a great shift. Don't let it ruin your night. Somebody else will be pish next week. 

There’s always one mate🤦‍♂️

LokamotivRobbo
24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Let's not kid on that a half decent game against a poor Aberdeen Team redeems him for being shite for 6 months.😂😂

Just fishing for a bite. Am reluctant to give you the pleasure but your sad comments are toxic.

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Let's not kid on that a half decent game against a poor Aberdeen Team redeems him for being shite for 6 months.😂😂

Last 6 months is harsh, been ok so far this season but was obviously torn apart against PAOK. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Completely agree. Naismith last season certainly seemed to be good with the players in sitting down with them and getting the most out of them. While Rowles was away for most of the international break it sounds like Naismith was doing that with him. 

Hopefully he kicks on from here and gets his confidence builds game on game.

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Aberdeen were absolute shocking and rarely threatened us after the opening  7 minutes but he did make some excellent tackles today and looked much more assured on the ball. Let's hope he kicks on. Through natty had duk on toast all game which was also pleasing 

Looked to me as if the Aussie management squad maybe had some advice for them before the Mexico game.   Should have been for Harry Souttar though?

1 hour ago, slashishere said:

Was so glad to see him go on a Disco Dave type forward run in the 2nd half

Seems like a player that's found his confidence again 

Didn’t fall over for the foul tho, Dave would’ve won us a free kick 😂

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree. Naismith last season certainly seemed to be good with the players in sitting down with them and getting the most out of them. While Rowles was away for most of the international break it sounds like Naismith was doing that with him. 

Hopefully he kicks on from here and gets his confidence builds game on game.

Definitely, all three Aussies were good today so seeing some mates maybe helped too. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, slashishere said:

Was so glad to see him go on a Disco Dave type forward run in the 2nd half

Seems like a player that's found his confidence again 

Nobody moved for him but It was good to see. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, all three Aussies were good today so seeing some mates maybe helped too. 

Certainly, getting away from it can help break the pressure. Though I was not at the game but do see people talk about various players being more aggressive so I wonder if Naismith emphasising that has helped get some players out of their shell.

He was never as bad as he was made out to be. And one game today's doesn't make him world class. He's  clearly a confidence player. Get behind him and hopefully he'll be the player we all want him to be.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Certainly, getting away from it can help break the pressure. Though I was not at the game but do see people talk about various players being more aggressive so I wonder if Naismith emphasising that has helped get some players out of their shell.

Absolutely, we were more aggressive and also didn’t dally about, just cleared the ball when thats what was required. Much better performance. 

Delighted for him. A strong performance. Lots of great tackles and interceptions. Used the ball better as well. Seemed to get caught under a few long balls, but others did what they needed to do in those moments, when a long ball is played straight over a centre back someone needs to be quick to sweep in behind.

That is now 2 goals conceded in 5 league games. Our defence hasn't always looked solid, but judging it on results and it has been very good. Naismith and Shankland have both placed a lot of the blame recently on goals conceded but it has a actually been scoring in the league that has been out problem. The defenders have taken some of the blame for that being too slow on the ball. That was better today.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

4 Aussies 👍🇱🇻

Thunder and Lightning

He played very we today and should be proud of his performance. But can we stop the gushing, he has been poor for weeks. He isn't  back to his best. Nor showing his true form. He had a good game. Let's not set him up for a fall. 

11 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

He played very we today and should be proud of his performance. But can we stop the gushing, he has been poor for weeks. He isn't  back to his best. Nor showing his true form. He had a good game. Let's not set him up for a fall. 

I think today he was, hardly put a foot wrong, and named MOTM.

Thunder and Lightning
55 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I think today he was, hardly put a foot wrong, and named MOTM.

It's one game. One. Let him take it slowly before the idiots on here fire on a 5 million transfer fee again. 

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Nobody is gushing. Simply praising him for his performance.

Seems you can’t wait for his next bad performance. 

7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Atkinson my MOTM but Rowles a very close second.

Natty has been playing well consistently this season, which is pleasing to see as his performances were a bit erratic last season and there was some talk that maybe he was struggling to settle into his new environment.