Russell Brand

Dennis Reynolds

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

russell brand is just one in a long line of “bams” who are being silenced to a greater or lesser degree every day so no that’s not the solution in its entirety nor would it be expected to sort it

How has he been silenced ?

He can still spout his crap on social media and Bev "my hero" Turner will surely get him a "slot" on gbn"news". 

#weareallrussellbrand. 

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Ray Gin

• Unknown user

Clearly, the best way to "silence" someone is to make them a huge long-running news story that gives them a lot of attention and makes everyone aware of the conspiracy theory rubbish they have been broadcasting. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

How has he been silenced ?

He can still spout his crap on social media and Bev "my hero" Turner will surely get him a "slot" on gbn"news". 

#weareallrussellbrand. 

I didn’t say he had been silenced quite the opposite actually

it was Victorian who inferred there was a plan to silence him albeit with more than a hint of sarcasm overall

what do you think of that lady on some sort of committee who has enquired to rumble about potentially de-monetising his content in line with what YouTube have done already ?

as I’ve said already for what he did to Andrew Sachs (far less anything else) I have limited sympathy for him (albeit that was recorded and approved for air by others almost unbelievably so not alone in being an absolute tosser there) but is it ok to take away his living at this stage ? (being adult about it rather than just not liking him)

Let's face it the Conspiracy Theory shouts are great to hide shit behind; it's pretty much the untimate anti-conspiracy theory move!

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

what do you think of that lady on some sort of committee who has enquired to rumble about potentially de-monetising his content in line with what YouTube have done already ?

:lol: that's just some typical sly liberal BBC handbook shit. But it works!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
18 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I do don't I? :laugh2:

You are of course correct about 100% consensus but when it comes to issues like climate change or the covid vaccines, there is a mass scientific consensus and the scepticism even before we get to the grand great reset/control conspiracy theories are at the edges.

There is absolutely a critique to be made of the mainstream media and its reporting but that shouldn't mean we dismiss all mainstream media as agenda driven or out to cancel people in the so called alternative media like Brand. You have to look at weight of evidence and even consider that this news coming out now is because he his no longer afforded the protection of the mainstream rather than the mainstream wanting to quash his views.

I watched this last week and thought it was a good and balanced report of the initial story and also touched on the mainstream cancelling of brand argument.

do you ever watch any of the content of Dr John Campbell ? Has he been de-bunked as a conspiracy nut job?

seems to reporting a lot about continuing excess deaths particularly in the richer more developed countries like uk USA aus etc - I’ve not independently checked any of it so it could be made up nonsense but I’ve not seen much of this on the mainstream media where previously excess deaths got top billing multiple times per day ?

it is a funny meme - just doesn’t quite hit the mark in most cases :(

i’ll check out this video you’ve posted later - cheers

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: that's just some typical sly liberal BBC handbook shit. But it works!

not sure what you mean - does that mean it did happen? What’s the motivation if so ?

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not sure what you mean - does that mean it did happen? What’s the motivation if so ?

From what I remember of reading the committee letter (looked real so did happen, i believe) she's basically applying 'soft power', or whatever wanky words they're using these days! Rumble told them to take a flying!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

From what I remember of reading the committee letter (looked real so did happen, i believe) she's basically applying 'soft power', or whatever wanky words they're using these days! Rumble told them to take a flying!

😃👍

well done rumble I say (in this case only as I don’t know much about them generally)

periodictabledancer
21 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I didn’t say he had been silenced quite the opposite actually

it was Victorian who inferred there was a plan to silence him albeit with more than a hint of sarcasm overall

as I’ve said already for what he did to Andrew Sachs (far less anything else) I have limited sympathy for him (albeit that was recorded and approved for air by others almost unbelievably so not alone in being an absolute tosser there) but is it ok to take away his living at this stage ? (being adult about it rather than just not liking him)

"russell brand is just one in a long line of “bams” who are being silenced to a greater or lesser degree every day so no that’s not the solution in its entirety nor would it be expected to sort it"

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

"russell brand is just one in a long line of “bams” who are being silenced to a greater or lesser degree every day so no that’s not the solution in its entirety nor would it be expected to sort it"

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Brand is not a bam though he knows how to make money off them.

He's more of a groomer and rapist.

I remember someone interviewed him at the premier for one of the St Trinians films . The interviewer stuck a mic in his face and said “ you must be enjoying yourself surrounded by all these girls in school uniform “ and he replied “ what children ? No not really “ I remember thinking it was a bit of an odd question to ask someone . He then went on to say he thought one of the male stars who was playing a character in drag looked hot though 

Now wondering if there was more to that question than just a tasteless attempt at being funny 

45 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

do you ever watch any of the content of Dr John Campbell ? Has he been de-bunked as a conspiracy nut job?

seems to reporting a lot about continuing excess deaths particularly in the richer more developed countries like uk USA aus etc - I’ve not independently checked any of it so it could be made up nonsense but I’ve not seen much of this on the mainstream media where previously excess deaths got top billing multiple times per day ?

The nurse has got a few things wrong.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Pap said:

The nurse has got a few things wrong.

so are there not lots of excess deaths ? That’ll be why it’s not on the main media as there aren’t any excess deaths ?

as I say I didn’t independently check his work but he claimed to be referring directly to official data sources without him re-hashing it

good news if true as in fact due to the sad earlier deaths of people during the pandemic excess deaths were expected to actually be negative in the subsequent years due to those earlier than previously expected deaths

im surprised he gets away with it to be honest - he claims that he’s had to modify a couple of his presentations as YouTube obviously weren’t entirely happy with his content (maybe the few things you refer to that he’s got wrong) but they seem ‘happy’ enough for him to present time and time again about those alleged excess deaths - probably just a time lag and he’ll soon have to remove the content referring to these fictitious excess deaths

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

“to a greater or lesser degree”

brand would be somewhere in the middle in my opinion being that some of his content has been de-monetised eg YouTube and there has been as described above moves to encourage other platforms to de-monetise his content - not fully silenced which I never at any stage said he had been - victorian did but as part of a post laced with sarcasm

adult debate mate you can’t just dismiss context that has specifically been included otherwise it looks a bit playground-esque :(

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

so are there not lots of excess deaths ? That’ll be why it’s not on the main media as there aren’t any excess deaths ?

as I say I didn’t independently check his work but he claimed to be referring directly to official data sources without him re-hashing it

good news if true as in fact due to the sad earlier deaths of people during the pandemic excess deaths were expected to actually be negative in the subsequent years due to those earlier than previously expected deaths

im surprised he gets away with it to be honest - he claims that he’s had to modify a couple of his presentations as YouTube obviously weren’t entirely happy with his content (maybe the few things you refer to that he’s got wrong) but they seem ‘happy’ enough for him to present time and time again about those alleged excess deaths - probably just a time lag and he’ll soon have to remove the content referring to these fictitious excess deaths

He's still a beast though.

And there are many discerning voices about all the subjects he covered.

Doesn't mean you get to use your position to abuse people .

Isn't personal responsibility attributed to people who share your values?

Pick another fight buddy Brands a wrong fake one.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

He's still a beast though.

And there are many discerning voices about all the subjects he covered.

Doesn't mean you get to use your position to abuse people .

Isn't personal responsibility attributed to people who share your values?

Pick another fight buddy Brands a wrong fake one.

:cornette_dog:

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:cornette_dog:

😄

Honestly I seem to be posting like that a lot lately.

Reading it back at least I know what I meant.

I think

😀

4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

He's been shown to be talking shit, yes.

3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Initially I had no idea who John Campbell was but after looking up I recognise him from going viral during the pandemic.

I can't claim to know too much detail of his videos but he does seem to be guilty of misinformation from initial searches particularly on the vaccine and ivermectin.

It's obviously correct that reporting of excess deaths isn't given the prevalence it was in the pandemic but my cynical view here is that he is going to blame that on the vaccine as opposed to say a previous covid infection or some other health factor. If we did have significant excess deaths then I'm sure that data is readily available and would be hard to suppress because we would be talking about a mass conspiracy involving not just governments but huge amounts of health professionals?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, Ked said:

😄

Honestly I seem to be posting like that a lot lately.

Reading it back at least I know what I meant.

I think

😀

😃👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Initially I had no idea who John Campbell was but after looking up I recognise him from going viral during the pandemic.

I can't claim to know too much detail of his videos but he does seem to be guilty of misinformation from initial searches particularly on the vaccine and ivermectin.

It's obviously correct that reporting of excess deaths isn't given the prevalence it was in the pandemic but my cynical view here is that he is going to blame that on the vaccine as opposed to say a previous covid infection or some other health factor. If we did have significant excess deaths then I'm sure that data is readily available and would be hard to suppress because we would be talking about a mass conspiracy involving not just governments but huge amounts of health professionals?

yeah you are correct about the vaccine inference although he doesn’t say it - he’s possibly not allowed too - apart from nudge nudge wink wink type stuff he does highlight the poorer countries which had less vaccine coverage have as expected negative excess deaths at the moment whereas the countries with high vaccine coverage have excess deaths at all age groups (of course that assumes the data is reliable from those poorer countries but he does comment on the data (albeit could be made up too))

he does actually concede that some of the excess deaths may be due to lingering issues from previous covid infections

other the underlying ‘it’s the vaccine’ hints his main points seems to be that these excess deaths exist and why are they not being publicised and investigated

actually he now claims ivermectin can be prescribed for covid now if the doctor and patient agree (there was a medical word for that agreement which I can’t recall) whereas previously doctors who tried to prescribe it were sacked - so maybe there has been a change there or maybe just more recent misinformation ?

as I said in an earlier post I’m surprised YouTube let him away with this excess death stuff as he’s reporting on it on a regular basis when as you say it’s likely just be made up stuff - which I suppose is the good news

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I remember someone interviewed him at the premier for one of the St Trinians films . The interviewer stuck a mic in his face and said “ you must be enjoying yourself surrounded by all these girls in school uniform “ and he replied “ what children ? No not really “ I remember thinking it was a bit of an odd question to ask someone . He then went on to say he thought one of the male stars who was playing a character in drag looked hot though 

Now wondering if there was more to that question than just a tasteless attempt at being funny 

A creepy question to ask.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

A creepy question to ask.

I thought that at the time too , but looking back now with the benefit of hind sight , I suspect it was intentional to make him squirm . Think it was Rupert Everett that he used as a diversion by changing the topic on to him 

Can anyone remember Brand being investigated over a rape allegation in Edinburgh in 2006?    Alleged to have happened in a flat.   Brand was in appearing at the Fringe.  Obviously he was not charged.   

The conspiracy theory stuff is so obviously an attempt at masking and diverting attention from his behaviour 

If anyone is interested in conspiracy theories though , this is an essential read in my opinion

https://nymag.com/news/features/conspiracy-theories/operation-mind****/

I first learned about it after seeing it mention in the absolutely brilliant “ Cant Get You Out Of My Head “ on IPlayer which I would encourage people to watch too

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, Costanza said:

we would be talking about a mass conspiracy involving not just governments but huge amounts of health professionals?

Why do you think the junior doctors and nurses are going on strike? It's got **** all to do with pay and conditions, and everything to do with not being brown-enveloped enough for the excess deaths cover up.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I first learned about it after seeing it mention in the absolutely brilliant “ Cant Get You Out Of My Head “ on IPlayer which I would encourage people to watch too

That was a good but depressing watch.

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That was a good but depressing watch.

Everyone should give it a watch . It exposes the imperfections in every political system and ideology for the last couple of centuries . I guess it is just about picking which ideology does the least harm really 

typo

Edited by Sooks

Good job that pumping under age groupies was acceptable when David Bowie was around.

Brand made a living being a sleazy comic and playing up to his uber sexualised lifestyle but until it's proven in court he's a rapist then I don't think it's right to label him as one.

9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Good job that pumping under age groupies was acceptable when David Bowie was around.

Brand made a living being a sleazy comic and playing up to his uber sexualised lifestyle but until it's proven in court he's a rapist then I don't think it's right to label him as one.

Add also the Beatles and Rolling Stones ………… I do not know enough about the other pop bands of the ages to comment 

Cairneyhill Jambo
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Add also the Beatles and Rolling Stones ………… I do not know enough about the other pop bands of the ages to comment 

Wasn't Bill Wyman banging Mandy Smith when she was only 13 and he was 47 at the time?

2 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Wasn't Bill Wyman banging Mandy Smith when she was only 13 and he was 47 at the time?

She was 13 when they met and he made references to how attractive he found her despite this . Called her a woman despite her age . People can make up their own minds , I am quite confident in my own instincts . We will only find out about Micks back catalogue when he has departed this mortal coil I expect 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
34 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Bowie etc probably came up with a conspiracy theory like tobacco being harmful to throw them off the scent 

🙊

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's not fair to say that David Bowie was pumping under age groupies either then, as I don't believe that ever went to court.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

It's not fair to say that David Bowie was pumping under age groupies either then, as I don't believe that ever went to court.

The underage girls confirmed it but yes you are right he was never prosecuted. Way worse than Brand IMO but his reputation seems untouchable.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

And the Beatles openly admitted to literally pissing on them as they didn't want to have sex.

28 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And the Beatles openly admitted to literally pissing on them as they didn't want to have sex.

Didn't know about the Beatles being dodgy. 

Doesn't surprise me though. 

We just decide who we like and who we don't. Those we don't are fair game it appears.

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I haven't seen many, if any, labeling him a rapist to be fair. A sleazy sexual predator maybe, but that's an opinion you can form from his words alone!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

The conspiracy theory stuff is so obviously an attempt at masking and diverting attention from his behaviour 

If anyone is interested in conspiracy theories though , this is an essential read in my opinion

https://nymag.com/news/features/conspiracy-theories/operation-mind****/

life advice from a poster who blows a gasket every other day at that Celtic sympathiser on the terrace that’s got a coded hail hail in his username 

no thanks 

:qqb006:

28 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Didn't know about the Beatles being dodgy. 

Doesn't surprise me though. 

We just decide who we like and who we don't. Those we don't are fair game it appears.

When they were doing their American tours, hundreds of "teenage" girls would be offered to them every night, but they got sick of having sex with them, so resorted to other stuff.

Could be total bullshit though, but I could probably find the actual quote from Lennon if I could be arsed.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

When they were doing their American tours, hundreds of "teenage" girls would be offered to them every night, but they got sick of having sex with them, so resorted to other stuff.

Could be total bullshit though, but I could probably find the actual quote from Lennon if I could be arsed.

apparently Nikki Sixx got similarly bored with sex with the groupies but offered to consume drugs via their intimate parts which apparently plenty agreed to (assuming they weren’t co-erced / drugged / and all the caveats needed these days)

:qqb003:

6 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Why do you think the junior doctors and nurses are going on strike? It's got **** all to do with pay and conditions, and everything to do with not being brown-enveloped enough for the excess deaths cover up.

😂