• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Tommy Brown

• Mikey1874

• buzzbomb1958

You don't know if has been sacked, but your title implies he has, misleading.

But he must be very close, but again, why did they hire him.

All a bit of a mess through  there.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

You don't know if has been sacked, but your title implies he has, misleading.

But he must be very close, but again, why did they hire him.

All a bit of a mess through  there.

We can relate to your last sentence.

Been rumoured all day.

I looked at his Wiki page last week. Really is unbelievable he was employed by Rangers in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I seen earlier he's swapped his picture of him in his Rangers suit to one from his QPR days. Not sure what platform it was.

Instagram 

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I seen earlier he's swapped his picture of him in his Rangers suit to one from his QPR days. Not sure what platform it was.

supposedly he has also unfollowed or removed himself from the private players group on instagram

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he has, completely out his depth. Hasn't improved on GVB. 

They were outrageously mental sacking GVB. 

Nothing more to it so far than reading between the lines. Old Firm was almost a week ago so if they were going to act, surely would've done so by now. Guess it will come out in the wash soon enough if true but I can't see it.

Another example of a  coach with a  decent  CV turning out not to be as good at managing players & team planning when he's the main man at a club.

I seem to recall we've been down that road.     Strangely  similar in  how they  worked with one boss most of the time - Cathro needed Nuno, and Beale needed Stevie G.

Hopefully we're not about to have a repeat with Naisy.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

Been rumoured all day.

I looked at his Wiki page last week. Really is unbelievable he was employed by Rangers in the first place. 

I know the feeling…

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Another example of a  coach with a  decent  CV turning out not to be as good at managing players & team planning when he's the main man at a club.

I seem to recall we've been down that road.     Strangely  similar in  how they  worked with one boss most of the time - Cathro needed Nuno, and Beale needed Stevie G.

Hopefully we're not about to have a repeat with Naisy.

Bore off

45 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Seemed that way, yes.  The 6 CL group defeats did for him - but their impressive run to the Europe League Final the previous year seemed to raise expectations of their fans and Board for a similar CL run way above what was reasonable.    Quite a gulf between Europa League standard and CL standard.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Seemed that way, yes.  The 6 CL group defeats did for him - but their impressive run to the Europe League Final the previous year seemed to raise expectations of their fans and Board for a similar CL run way above what was reasonable.    Quite a gulf between Europa League standard and CL standard.

Definitely. The 7-1 scudding by Liverpool was a rare humiliation for them however rewind a few months and they're in a penalty shootout to win a European trophy. 

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

To be fair to him, he lost half his team after getting Rangers to the Europa League final and had a bad start that following season. His counter attacking tactics worked well in Europe v stronger opposition but domestically the results weren't really good enough. Rangers fans, delusional or not, have high expectations and I don't think GVB met them in all honesty. If GVB didn't meet them then Beales miles away. 

The Rangers boards probably worse than ours and their recruitment has been poor under Wilson. In a way they are in a similar predicament to ourselves at the moment. I don't think they see progression either and their board is under a bit of pressure. 

Potter imo would 100% take the Rangers job though. I think he wants trophies on his CV after his Chelsea gig. Bad news for ourselves if we've got Rodgers and Potter at the OF. They could both attain a really high level of consistency.  

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Another Board that knows when to take incisive action when it all goes southward.

Or just pressing the PLF button. 🤔

been here before
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Mikey1874 will, as always, have the inside story.

I suppose it’s one of the benefits of spending 25 hours a day online.

He might even post a link to something. Twitter, Sky or the BBC, something like that.

12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Another Board that knows when to take incisive action when it all goes southward.

Hasn't worked too well for them. 

Doubt Potter would be a success at Rangers. What struck me when he was at Chelsea was how laid back he was in adversity.

Rangers wouldn't stand for that attitude after defeats especially.

He's a manager for a wee team with little to no pressure or expectation.

They must have some wage bill and they have not much European money since their run to the final , would they have a budget that would attract a manager like Potter ? Obviously they make a fair bit from season tickets and they make some money from Europe on top of that , but Potter must be used to eye watering budgets by comparison 

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I highly doubt Rangers could afford Potter, I'd love it if they could though. He's hopeless.

Don't know how they can afford to sack Beale 

1 minute ago, D4nny_ said:

Probably another share issue :rofl: 

Time to dust off the Lying King and get him beating the bigot drum with a handful of change in a Maccy Ds cup

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Walrus said:

No ides if he's getting sacked or not but he had an offer on a house accepted and the purchase "fell through" about a week and a half ago. 

Did they want the money up front instead of instalments 😜

1 minute ago, Cameronstheman said:

Seriously , was hoping he had, but the usual shite appears , glad to  be wrong though 

You hoped he was sacked , but you are glad he has not been . I assume you are saying you are glad he has not been sacked and you were hoping he had not been . If so I totally agree 

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You hoped he was sacked , but you are glad he has not been . I assume you are saying you are glad he has not been sacked and you were hoping he had not been . If so I totally agree 

Something like that  to many beers FTH

• davemclaren changed the title to Beale sacked - rumour

Gutted if he gets sacked. As Robert Borthwick the man's "a side salad". And a "dry lunch "

We are rangers nobody likes us we don't care. Beale is trying so hard to get people to like him that the fans hate him

11 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Potter would be a big upgrade on Beale.

How the feck will they afford him , he was on crazy wages down South , something like 10 million a year 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

How the feck will they afford him , he was on crazy wages down South , something like 10 million a year 

He was never on £833,000 per month