Laszlo convinced he can put heart and soul back into Jambos.

Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Laszlo-convinced-he-can.4297938.jp

CSABA LASZLO revealed today he is convinced he can put the heart and soul back into the Tynecastle club after meeting with owner Vladimir Romanov earlier this week.

The Hearts manager, who did not have any face-to-face discussions with Romanov before agreeing to become the new coach, insisted the club has learned from past mistakes and that it aims to be more open and transparent with both its own supporters and the media in future.

Romanov has been criticised in the past for a lack of communication, for the club's eighth-place finish in the SPL last season and for the dwindling number of visits he has been making to watch his side in action.

However, after finally meeting with Romanov to set out their concept for the future success of the Edinburgh side, the former Ferencvaros coach insisted that he will give "1000 per cent" effort into returning the Tynecastle side to European football.

While admitting that the goal of Champions League football may still be some way off, Laszlo said: "I have spoken with Mr Romanov. We sat and spoke together and we both know that we have a very clear concept for the way forward for the club.

"I know 100 per cent what I have to do. The club owner, myself, my technical team and my scouting staff know what they have to do to make a better future for the club.

"We have discussed everything about players who we want and who will maybe leave.

"The important thing is that we work together and I appreciate that this is maybe a new idea at the club to work together. At the moment we are not here to discuss the past. It is very important to learn from the past. The last year has been very difficult for the club and the fans, there has been a lot of suffering. We have a responsibility for the fans to give something back and, believe me, we will work very hard to do that. We want to bring everyone back to Hearts. We want to bring even the media back. We want to show that we are a serious club, a good club and that we are there for the fans, for everyone and that we are open.

"We would like to get back into Europe and this is the target."

Laszlo was officially unveiled as the new Hearts manager at a press conference last Friday but, despite having just a few days to cast an eye over his players, he believes there has already been some improvement in his side.

And he vowed that, with the backing of Romanov, he can return the Tynecastle side to its glory days, adding: "I have been here only three days and maybe already in those three days I have helped to change things. And I hope that we can stay a long time together and bring more passion and more spirit to this club.

"If I don't have a target for my job, if I don't believe in myself, then I think that I must look for another job.

"I like this game, I like my job and I will give not 100 or 200 per cent to this club, but 1000 per cent to Hearts to make them better.

"The most important thing is that I know the team and the club is behind me. I don't only talk about Mr Romanov. We are not here to damage this club, we are here to bring this club upwards."

He should work in PR.

Talks a very good game.

Maybe thats why Vlad realised he didnt need Charlie Mann any more :cool:

However, a lot of encouragement

Most pleasing from my point of view is the meeting with Vlad has already taken place. So often in the past Valdas or Shaggy would say they were due a meeting with Vlad to discuss things / signings etc and it would be put off and delayed.

We were told a meeting would take place between them and it is.

We should see signs of progression in some way or another from our arrival in Germany

Hopefully first off that Csaba has his assistant on board

Hope to god he is given the time to stamp his own presence on the squad.

I think he may well be a very good manager for Hearts. Talks a lot of sense.

He should work in PR.

Talks a very good game.

Agreed, his PR has been top notch.

I wasn't overly impressed when his name was initially thrown into the mix, but whenever I read what he has to say I get a little more hope back each time.

He talks a good game, fingers crossed he can get a free reign to see if he can walk the walk.

They're admitting mistakes have been made. Excellent. They're even wanting to get chummy with the media again....good lord...what a difference a week makes. He's handling all of this very well indeed, it can't be easy being chucked head first into this sort of situation and I'm growing in admiration every day. I just hope his footballing brain is as switched on as his PR one.

Auld Reekin'

Most pleasing from my point of view is the meeting with Vlad has already taken place. So often in the past Valdas or Shaggy would say they were due a meeting with Vlad to discuss things / signings etc and it would be put off and delayed.

We should see signs of progression in some way or another from our arrival in Germany

Indeed, and that Laszlo is still talking positively about his plans, and the overall strategy, for Hearts afterwards. I've got to admit, I feared that the positive noises that Laszlo has been making might start to diminish after meeting with VR: that VR might feel obliged to have a "quiet word" in Laszlo's ear.

If he is able to bring in his own man - someone with no previous connections to either Hearts or Romanov - then it will help reinforce the view that he is being given a large degree (at least) of autonomy, which I think all Hearts' fans agree is crucial.

shaun.lawson

This is the best one yet. And this paragraph is so, so encouraging:

"The important thing is that we work together and I appreciate that this is maybe a new idea at the club to work together. At the moment we are not here to discuss the past. It is very important to learn from the past. The last year has been very difficult for the club and the fans, there has been a lot of suffering. We have a responsibility for the fans to give something back and, believe me, we will work very hard to do that. We want to bring everyone back to Hearts. We want to bring even the media back. We want to show that we are a serious club, a good club and that we are there for the fans, for everyone and that we are open."

If there's real trust and a proper demarcation of roles between Csaba and Vlad, this may be the start of a bright new dawn...

i'm not sure he realizes the size of task infront of him to be honest.................

he is talking a good game so far but he needs to sign hungry winners asap or we will sink fast..................

i do like what i'm hearing so far but i wouldn't trust the majority of our squad in the heat of battle,hopefully he will have learned alot in the last few friendlies,if he goes with this squad into the new season he wont see christmas,imo.....................

Its the first time I have heard anyone at Hearts speaking sensibly and intelligently about football since Burley and Anderton

Perhaps if Romanov feels he can trust Csaba then he will be more prone to letting him get on with doing his job and hopefully not interfering.

If he can produce the goods on the park as well as he talks off the park then we are in for a rosy future.

Drylaw Hearts
Its the first time I have heard anyone at Hearts speaking sensibly and intelligently about football since Burley and Anderton

Agreed.

Commander Harris

Csaba does impress me more and more, an excellent communicator. I like what he has to say, let's hope that he is allowed to put these words into action.

colinmaroon

Another reason Billy Davies was never in the frame!!! :dribble::dribble:

colinmaroon
Perhaps if Romanov feels he can trust Csaba then he will be more prone to letting him get on with doing his job and hopefully not interfering.

If he can produce the goods on the park as well as he talks off the park then we are in for a rosy future.

I have always maintained that the problem, certainly with Robbo, almost certainly with Burley, was they weren't prepared to have to "report" to Romanov and account for their decisions on a regular basis, if at all!

Subsequent managers/coaches were not in the executive position but played their part in the disaster that was VR running the team by remote control.

Hopefully, we have in Shaba Zulu a "chief" who has the position and the nous and the bottle to fight his corner, and still fit in with the overall reporting/communication that Vlad wants.

Having said that, I really do expect a few fireworks in the future because Vlad is a control freak and Shaba seems to me to be his own man!!!

Paradoxically, that could work to Hearts advantage - because we need a man who will stand up for his own decisions but can still work within the system.

Gimme an H...

Not too hard considering who we've had since Burley and Anderton though eh?

Its looking good though, fingers crossed. Its all we can do.

The Old Tolbooth

That's my only fear also, I'm really positive about this guy and think he can deliver for us given adequate time.

I really wish people would have more patience with this.

Guest JamboRobbo

He talks a great game. I just hope he is allowed, and is capable, of putting the plans into action.

I have always maintained that the problem, certainly with Robbo, almost certainly with Burley, was they weren't prepared to have to "report" to Romanov and account for their decisions on a regular basis, if at all!

Subsequent managers/coaches were not in the executive position but played their part in the disaster that was VR running the team by remote control.

Hopefully, we have in Shaba Zulu a "chief" who has the position and the nous and the bottle to fight his corner, and still fit in with the overall reporting/communication that Vlad wants.

Having said that, I really do expect a few fireworks in the future because Vlad is a control freak and Shaba seems to me to be his own man!!!

Paradoxically, that could work to Hearts advantage - because we need a man who will stand up for his own decisions but can still work within the system.

Goodness, even you are speaking sensibly and intelligently now :P

Chad Sexington

Every time I read something from him, I feel good about the direction of the club.

Then we have to play a game of football and spoil it. :rolleyes:

We'll definitely go forward under him though...if Vlad allows him to do his job.

He should work in PR.

Talks a very good game.

Totally agree, sounds a really decent bloke ..... cant wait to hear who his signing targets are as he seeks to put the building blocks in place to create a team to play in "his" style.

Guest Dipped Flake

Talks a lot of sense but of course the real test is what happens on the pitch. Hope we see a big difference in the team when they play Hull....

I was a bit worried that he didn't know what he was letting himself in for...he seems like such an affable sort that I worried a bit that it might make him scarper if he found out what a shambles everything was...and had been. But he seems to be under no illusions and seems to be happy to meet it head on when the press ask for comments. He's acknowledging it, that's reassurance enough for me that he's not the type to shy away (just yet!) from a challenge...and god, it's a challenge....

I was a bit worried that he didn't know what he was letting himself in for...he seems like such an affable sort that I worried a bit that it might make him scarper if he found out what a shambles everything was...and had been. But he seems to be under no illusions and seems to be happy to meet it head on when the press ask for comments. He's acknowledging it, that's reassurance enough for me that he's not the type to shy away (just yet!) from a challenge...and god, it's a challenge....

The first signs of someone coming out of self-denial is acknowledging that a problem exists

Hearts may just be in the first stages of coming out of Romanov's delusion that it was everyone elses fault

LeylandJambo
Talks a lot of sense but of course the real test is what happens on the pitch. Hope we see a big difference in the team when they play Hull....

We'll only see a difference with new players not the same guff that are there now

Im impressed with Csaba's PR skills and he's certainly making all the right noises, I just hope he can/is allowed to deliver.

Every time I read something from him, I feel good about the direction of the club.

Then we have to play a game of football and spoil it. :rolleyes:

We'll definitely go forward under him though...if Vlad allows him to do his job.

I think that if I am right and Lazlo is the new Valdas - the backlash is going to be substantial this time.

The fans are clearly giving VR a chance on this one.

I think that if I am right and Lazlo is the new Valdas - the backlash is going to be substantial this time.

Whats a Valdas? Or should I say, what would make him a Valdas?

Whats a Valdas? Or should I say, what would make him a Valdas?

When it becomes clear (if it does) that he is fronting Romanov's decisions.

He should work in PR.

Talks a very good game.

Agreed.

Unlike some, I am actually quite happy that we played so poorly in the first two friendlies.

I wanted Laszlo to see exactly the level of his squad, and would have been disappointed with false results. I hope he is allowed to improve the squad as he sees fit. I found it extremely interesting when he came out and stated "quality not quantity" I found it extremely interesting when he publicly named Berra and Driver as players he wants to keep, I found it extremely interesting when he told the press that he would be identifying signing targets for the club.

If Berra or Driver leave it will not have been Laszlo's doing.

If Hearts only bring in pyramid signings that will show that Laszlo's work is being ignored.

This man impresses me more and more, I hope he is impressing VR as much.

I really really hope you are wrong with your first point (as I'm sure do you), but if you're right with that then I agree the backlash will be huge :sad:

A lot of faith (if somewhat cautiously) has been put in Vlad on giving Csaba a chance to do things his way by many fans.

Chad Sexington

Probably already been posted but the Ugandans are raging.

They say Csaba is still their coach. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7511355.stm

The Uganda Football Association (Fufa) is threatening Hearts' new manager Laszlo Csaba with legal action for a breach of contract.

Csaba quit as the Uganda coach last week to take over at the Scottish club.

"He is still our coach because he did not give us the three months notice as stated in his contract," Fufa president Lawrence Mulindwa said.

Fufa says it will be writing to football's world governing body, Fifa, in the next 24 hours about the matter.

Mulindwa is also angry that Csaba left suddenly, saying: "He didn't hand over the house, car and other items before he left.

"We are professional people and hope that Csaba also behaves in a professional manner."

Fufa says Hearts have so far kept silent over payment of a compensation fee of around US$120,000.

Eight foreign coaches have already shown an interest in taking over the Ugandan team ahead of their next 2010 World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifier away to Niger.

Commander Harris
Csaba does impress me more and more, an excellent communicator. I like what he has to say, let's hope that he is allowed to put these words into action.

He talks a great game. I just hope he is allowed, and is capable, of putting the plans into action.

great minds and all that :P

maroonlegions

i do like what he is saying and hopefully vlad will let him get on with it:rolleyes: but he can talk the talk all he likes and i know he needs time but no matter how much commitment and energy he puts into the team the fact remains there are STILL players here from last season that are just not good enough ,these need to be emptied ASAP other wise he will fail to take us back were we belong Scotland's 3rd force , hopefully he will weed out the dross and wage thieves and start to bond a team that we can once more be proud off.:cool:

Seymour M Hersh
This is the best one yet. And this paragraph is so, so encouraging:

"The important thing is that we work together and I appreciate that this is maybe a new idea at the club to work together. At the moment we are not here to discuss the past. It is very important to learn from the past. The last year has been very difficult for the club and the fans, there has been a lot of suffering. We have a responsibility for the fans to give something back and, believe me, we will work very hard to do that. We want to bring everyone back to Hearts. We want to bring even the media back. We want to show that we are a serious club, a good club and that we are there for the fans, for everyone and that we are open."

If there's real trust and a proper demarcation of roles between Csaba and Vlad, this may be the start of a bright new dawn...

Christ on a bike! He does sarcasm too!! What a guy!!:)

Denny Crane
Probably already been posted but the Ugandans are raging.

They say Csaba is still their coach. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7511355.stm

The Uganda Football Association (Fufa) is threatening Hearts' new manager Laszlo Csaba with legal action for a breach of contract.

Csaba quit as the Uganda coach last week to take over at the Scottish club.

"He is still our coach because he did not give us the three months notice as stated in his contract," Fufa president Lawrence Mulindwa said.

Fufa says it will be writing to football's world governing body, Fifa, in the next 24 hours about the matter.

Mulindwa is also angry that Csaba left suddenly, saying: "He didn't hand over the house, car and other items before he left.

"We are professional people and hope that Csaba also behaves in a professional manner."

Fufa says Hearts have so far kept silent over payment of a compensation fee of around US$120,000.

Eight foreign coaches have already shown an interest in taking over the Ugandan team ahead of their next 2010 World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifier away to Niger.

They're at it. They were wishing him all the best prior to him travelling to Edinburgh. Now they are making a scene. :rolleyes:

They're at it. They were wishing him all the best prior to him travelling to Edinburgh. Now they are making a scene. :rolleyes:

It is probably the weegie media who are scared about Hearts taking the trophies from Rangers and Celtic who are behind all this.

Drylaw Hearts
It is probably the weegie media who are scared about Hearts taking the trophies from Rangers and Celtic who are behind all this.

My thoughts also.

It may even be the one of the OF or even the SFA/SPL/SFL trying to hamper our Pre-Season preperations.

jamboinglasgow

I think the last two games should be viewed as the same as training matches i.e. they are for the manager to judge who should stay and go. So if we lose like we have or drew like we did then it just demonstrates what is needed to be done and makes him sure (and vlad as well) that players need to go and come in.

So for me these comments he comes out with are more key than the score in the matches. He has met vlad and got from vlad an admission that things failed in the past (no mean achievement.) Plus hopefully the meeting will help grow a bond between the two as Vlad from all the reports of people who meet him is ambtious for Hearts and wants hearts to succed (just last few seasons he was wanting them to succed under his way of management.) I do think that whatever happened with Burley caused vlad to distrust Scottish managers and then with Rix he had lost distrust for British. Things healed enough for him to try McGhee in Jan-June but when McGhee walked it made vlad distrust them again. Think he will like Csaba as he is a very proffesional manager who shows his understanding of what is to be done and can get on well with the media and more importantly the fans. Who will face diffucult questions and treat some with the contempt they have.

I do feel that as long as nothing stupid is done by Vlad (I know) or Csaba then these two and have a great partnership and bring Hearts back to what we should at least be the third force in Scottish football, maybe even challenge more.

colinmaroon
Goodness, even you are speaking sensibly and intelligently now :P

"When I was a youth, I thought my father a fool! When I became a man, I was surprised to see how much he'd learned in the meantime!"

(Apologies to Mark Twain for the poor paraphrase!!!)

Guest JamboRobbo
My thoughts also.

It may even be the one of the OF or even the SFA/SPL/SFL trying to hamper our Pre-Season preperations.

Are there monkeys in Uganda? Perhaps mogli and the monkeys have played a part in this also. We're not paranoid if they ARE out to get us.

The first signs of someone coming out of self-denial is acknowledging that a problem exists

Hearts may just be in the first stages of coming out of Romanov's delusion that it was everyone elses fault

Fingers and toes crossed...

:)

Colonel Kurtz

He has already made an impression on the players,they know what he wants and that he will not put up with any nonsense.

The ones that played last night were in a 2 today for training,some turned up early to try and catch his eye and make sure they get taken to Germany.

Changed days

He has already made an impression on the players,they know what he wants and that he will not put up with any nonsense.

The ones that played last night were in a 2 today for training,some turned up early to try and catch his eye and make sure they get taken to Germany.

Changed days

Can you tell us who turned up early? It would be nice to see who's willing to put the effort in!

The Old Tolbooth
Can you tell us who turned up early? It would be nice to see who's willing to put the effort in!

Probably Clum, Stewart, Zal, Audrey, Robbie, Nade, and Wallace, it might be the only way they get considered for a game if they start making more of an effort. :rolleyes:

Five to One
Probably Clum, Stewart, Zal, Audrey, Robbie, Nade, and Wallace, it might be the only way they get considered for a game if they start making more of an effort. :rolleyes:

I'd recommend they stay late too. :P

I reckon we could see a big difference in the Hull game to what we seen last night and others saw on Monday. In a variety of ways.

There will probably be new players in.

Players will leave.

Players who stay will look better.

And in the way we play as well.

Archived