What is wrong with Robbie?

shotgun_beak

H J Simpson
The point above about Robbie not suiting Csaba's passing style??

Em, George Burley??

Gotta love the Robbie bashers, all fantasy, fiction & contempt

If Burley rated him that highly was it just an admin error that resulted in him missing the 2 Scotland squads hes picked

Drylaw Hearts

You couldn't seperate the footballing abilities of Nielson and Zaliukas with a fag paper.

They both beyond hopeless.

And one things for sure if either player were transferred from Hearts tomorrow it wouldn't be to sign for a bigger or even silimar size Club.

That tells a story.

I think the replacement(s) will be somebody already at the club.

As long as you're not talking about Jason Thomson, as that lad proved at the end of last season he was no better.

Drylaw Hearts
As long as you're not talking about Jason Thomson, as that lad proved at the end of last season he was no better.

I agree.

I was a bit disappointed to see Karapidis at RB last night whilst Johnathan Brown was left on the bench.

You couldn't seperate the footballing abilities of Nielson and Zaliukas with a fag paper.

And one things for sure if either player were transferred from Hearts tomorrow it wouldn't be to sign for a bigger or even silimar size Club.

That tells a story.

Nuff said.

H J Simpson
His long throws are to die for

Even the fair majority of them end up at the feet of an opposition player

That tells a story.

Too true.

I find it remarkable that the best excuses for Neilson are.....

I can remember him making one good tackle two years ago

He scored a fluke in Europe about five years ago

He can throw the ball really, really far

He tries hard

Now, add to that....

He is not as bad as our worst centre half

Looking at that evidence, I am astonished that anybody can criticise the boy. It is not as if footballing ability is important.

Charlie-Brown

He was certainly not any worse and his use of the ball and crossing was superior to Neilson's - he wouldn't be my first choice but if Csaba can work on his defensive positioning etc. then I'd rather have him in the squad as back up than Neilson - Thomson can still be improved a lot as a player but Neilson is long past that stage in my opinion and any improvements in his game would be marginal unless Csaba really is the 'miracle man'.:)

Pete Seeger
Robbie's a loser. Worst player in our history (to have consistantly played for the club)

:eek: Robbie will walk into this hearts side. And rightly so.

We_are_the_Hearts
He was certainly not any worse and his use of the ball and crossing was superior to Neilson's - he wouldn't be my first choice but if Csaba can work on his defensive positioning etc. then I'd rather have him in the squad as back up than Neilson - Thomson can still be improved a lot as a player but Neilson is long past that stage in my opinion and any improvements in his game would be marginal unless Csaba really is the 'miracle man'.:)

Hopefully Csaba seen enough of Thomson against Glentoran - never good enough. He is just as bad as Neilsen - maybe even worse. New RB needed until Brown is ready. Same goes for LB - new player needed until Delands (impressed with him) is ready. Wallace is just not a LB.

Drylaw Hearts
Too true.

I find it remarkable that the best excuses for Neilson are.....

I can remember him making one good tackle two years ago

He scored a fluke in Europe about five years ago

He can throw the ball really, really far

He tries hard

Now, add to that....

He is not as bad as our worst centre half

Looking at that evidence, I am astonished that anybody can criticise the boy. It is not as if footballing ability is important.

When you include his Pen in the SC Final to that Roll of Honour - it's a wonder we don't just erect a frickin statue of him outside the Tynie Arms.

:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown
Hopefully Csaba seen enough of Thomson against Glentoran - never good enough. He is just as bad as Neilsen - maybe even worse. New RB needed until Brown is ready. Same goes for LB - new player needed until Delands (impressed with him) is ready. Wallace is just not a LB.

Jason Thomson isn't the only alternative for right back - we could muddle through with Neilson or use Karipidis as a stop-gap until one of the younger ones Shaun Kelly or Johnny Brown pushes through......Deland does look a tremendous prospect and already is quite well physically developed, Lee Wallace can be a good left back if Csaba works on some of his positioning issues.

Us footy fans are frustrating arent we.

Overpaid footballers - wage thief

Injured alot footballers - wage thief / glass ankles

club to club movers - mercenaries / dont care about the club

bad trainers - pampered trouble makers

out on the lash - unprofessional trouble makers

A competent SPL player who cant be claimed to be overpaid, injured all the time, disloyal, a bad trainer, a bad example, out in boozers all the time, getting absolutely slated as if he was **** of the earth

Until it is proven we have a better right back at the club that doesnt get a game I just dont know how this stance is justified.

Well said Jammy T.

Glad that so many fans turned out for Robbie's testimonial events last year to salute his effort for the club. When will another player put in the service to get a testimonial at Hearts?

Hopefully he will get into negotiations on a new contract at Hearts soon.:)

Lee Wallace can be a good left back if Csaba works on some of his positioning issues.

Aye and implants a brain in his head !

peebles jambo
As it is your first post my reply is thus:

Robbie is THE consumate proffesional, respected by a variety of managers to the point of winning two international caps,a scottish cup medal and a testimonial by his employers.Attended by adoring fans who appreciate his hard work,100% commitment and long throw.

He is a huge loss to the team,had he been present we would NOT have lost our friendlies!!

His unfortunate stomach injury is taking lomger than hoped for recovery,however rest should ensure he is ready for the new season.:rolleyes:

i am taking it you've never seen him play, the guy is absolute gash, i, for one, hope he never makes it back into the first team squad

Seymour M Hersh
I didn't realise how much I had missed the Robbie bashing threads until now.

Hopefully we can get back to the trend of have at least one Robbie thread on the front page of JKB for the rest of the season. :)

Please nooooooooo! That would mean he's getting a game.

i am taking it you've never seen him play, the guy is absolute gash, i, for one, hope he never makes it back into the first team squad

Do they not do Sarcasm in Peebles ?

I cant believe you bit sooo hard:embarassed:

You are Robbie aren't you?;)

:)

Would be happy if we sign a better player to take his place in the side.

But we haven't had one better there since Frail before his sad injury. Clearly none in the current squad.

And there are about 7 or 8 positions I would look to strengthen before right back, though we need a backup player. Only Berra and Jonsson (Kingston if he can be motivated) should be more sure of their places given the rank nature of our squad.

_______ _______ ______ ______ _________ _______

( ____ )( ___ )( ___ \ ( ___ \ \__ __/( ____ \

| ( )|| ( ) || ( ) )| ( ) ) ) ( | ( \/

| (____)|| | | || (__/ / | (__/ / | | | (__

| __)| | | || __ ( | __ ( | | | __)

| (\ ( | | | || ( \ \ | ( \ \ | | | (

| ) \ \__| (___) || )___) )| )___) )___) (___| (____/\

|/ \__/(_______)|/ \___/ |/ \___/ \_______/(_______/

OK not the best player in the world....

but he gives 100% every game!

It seems only me, meadows and a few others can respect such comitment!

if we had a few more players that would give that amount of comitment- we wouldn't be losing all these games.

i hope csaba takes to robbie because he IS a good role model to younger players ( maybe not on the skill side ) but on the commitment side...

contrary to what others may think!

AND ONE LAST NOTE- WOULD WE HAVE THE SCOTTISH CUP WITHOUT HIS TACKLE?

I thought Robbie was the worst thing since moudly bread....then along came his replacement, all the horrible attacking traits of Robbie, coupled with the defensive traits of Ivakevicious

Guest Dipped Flake
OK not the best player in the world....

but he gives 100% every game!

It seems only me, meadows and a few others can respect such comitment!

if we had a few more players that would give that amount of comitment- we wouldn't be losing all these games.

i hope csaba takes to robbie because he IS a good role model to younger players ( maybe not on the skill side ) but on the commitment side...

contrary to what others may think!

AND ONE LAST NOTE- WOULD WE HAVE THE SCOTTISH CUP WITHOUT HIS TACKLE?

Most Hearts fans respect his commitment, afraid this site is less and less indicative of most Hearts fans though and Robbie is seen as an easy target. Until we get a better right-back into the club (and nobody I have seen at the club matches Robbie) then I am more than happy to see him there.

Most Hearts fans respect his commitment, afraid this site is less and less indicative of most Hearts fans though and Robbie is seen as an easy target. Until we get a better right-back into the club (and nobody I have seen at the club matches Robbie) then I am more than happy to see him there.

I dont think so! Robbie is seen as a laughing stock among all the other Hearts fans i know and none of them post on here. Quite simply, he is hellish. Fortunately for him, he has the backing of the Neilsonites, a small band of supporters who are apparantly blinded to what a dreadful footballer he is.

Seymour M Hersh

Would be happy if we sign a better player to take his place in the side.

But we haven't had one better there since Frail before his sad injury. Clearly none in the current squad.

And there are about 7 or 8 positions I would look to strengthen before right back, though we need a backup player. Only Berra and Jonsson (Kingston if he can be motivated) should be more sure of their places given the rank nature of our squad.

We do need to sign one I agree or what about this idea (put to me by a mate) of moving Jonnson to RB as we seem to have so many holding mids. He is a good defender. Got a good engine and a decent passer of the ball. No long throw thow but I suspect we could all get over that loss.

We do need to sign one I agree or what about this idea (put to me by a mate) of moving Jonnson to RB as we seem to have so many holding mids. He is a good defender. Got a good engine and a decent passer of the ball. No long throw thow but I suspect we could all get over that loss.

I think Jonsson could be a very good right back, if he got the right coaching for the position. Has the size and energy for it.

But at the moment if you take him out of midfield we are well short there. Don't see any of the other players - Kingston, Palazuelos, Stewart, Aguiar or Screpis or Zaliukas! as holding midfielders. None of them can tackle, none show great anticipation of the play and none has Eggert's energy to cover for other players.

As I mentioned above - would say that only Berra, Jonsson and maybe Kingston are more deserving of their places in the current team - given how rank the squad is.

The People's Chimp
If you are happy watching players of Neilson's low quality then you can't really complain about other players in the team or poor Hearts teams because he is one of the principle reasons why - he has played more games than anybody else -and as many poor games as anybody else.

rubbish.

you defended the utter nightmare that is/was no 28/26 for far too long to have any credibility in relation to judging a footballer.

Regardless of what the various opinions are about robbie he is the best right back at hearts and has been for at least five years, i hope he makes a quick recovery because the alternatives are worse.

Drylaw Hearts
if we had more with the same commitment as robbie we wouldn't have been as bad last season

If we had more with the same ability we would have had a worse Season.

Guest jambomickey
If we had more with the same ability we would have had a worse Season.

not saying he's a great player mate but at least he tries! there's others who deserve stick more than robbie

Drylaw Hearts
not saying he's a great player mate but at least he tries! there's others who deserve stick more than robbie

There are and they get plenty of stick aswell.

if we had more with the same commitment as robbie we wouldn't have been as bad last season

That is just it though. Mickey, you and I would give commitment, unfortunately we are not good enough to play for Hearts.

I will never applaud commitment and label it a strength for a modern day professional footballer, I expect commitment.

Unfortunately, Robbie is not a football player.

Frankenstein Jambo.

A competent SPL player who cant be claimed to be overpaid, injured all the time, disloyal, a bad trainer, a bad example, out in boozers all the time, getting absolutely slated as if he was **** of the earth

Until it is proven we have a better right back at the club that doesnt get a game I just dont know how this stance is justified.

The fact we have had maybury, tall, barassa and all the other right backs proves that neilson is a good player because none of them could disloge him.

Drylaw Hearts
The fact we have had maybury, tall, barassa and all the other right backs proves that neilson is a good player because none of them could disloge him.

:rolleyes:

Maybury was shifted to LB because he we had no other decent natural LB.

If we did RN would not have made the team.

Tall is a CH.

Barasa is dead.

All the above does not prove Neilson is a good player.

If he was sooooo good why has nobody ever tried to sign him ?

All of our other good players have attracted the attention of other Clubs but not Robbie.

Mmmmm.

Strange.

I dont think so! Robbie is seen as a laughing stock among all the other Hearts fans i know and none of them post on here. Quite simply, he is hellish. Fortunately for him, he has the backing of the Neilsonites, a small band of supporters who are apparantly blinded to what a dreadful footballer he is.

Maybe if you keep calling them that, it might catch on. Interesting branding initiative though.

Anyway, I don't believe that there's many more than a handful of people who are oblivious to his limitations. Those who do stick up for him might feel, as I do, that the stick he gets is simply disproportionate. But it's all the rage to stick the boot in whenever his name is mentioned....

He's not the worst player on our books by some distance, but you'd be forgiven for thinking he was after reading this stuff.

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe if you keep calling them that, it might catch on. Interesting branding initiative though.

Anyway, I don't believe that there's many more than a handful of people who are oblivious to his limitations. Those who do stick up for him might feel, as I do, that the stick he gets is simply disproportionate. But it's all the rage to stick the boot in whenever his name is mentioned....

He's not the worst player on our books by some distance, but you'd be forgiven for thinking he was after reading this stuff.

He's not the worst but if someone wants to start a thread about this guy :

0,,10289~3396809,00.jpg

I'd be more than happy to contribute to it !

What's wrong with Robbie? He received a five yard pass played along the ground at 2mph and controlled it in less than three touches. Passed out with the shock etc etc. :rolleyes:

I've had debates about Robbie and his lack of footballing ability every pre-season for about 8 years on KB (usually with Coco ;)). However last season, Robbie was one of the few we could rely on to give us 100%. I would usually want some footballing ability to go along with that, but we've got stacks of players who showed last season they lack both ability and commitment. Of the people to go, I can think of plenty whose erse I'd happily boot out of Tynie ahead of Rab.

gordon the jambo
Is he still injured from the end of last season?

I noticed he hasn't been in the squads in the recent friendlys

probably got indigestion from all the testimonial dinners :P

Neilson is overpaid in my opinion. He's on thousands a week, and he's dross.

And the loyalty thing is a crock of ....... Sticking around our wonderful club year on year, making thousands of pounds per week isn't loyalty. No team wanted him (and don't say Rangers wanted him, cause that's complete and utter garbage).

Nice bloke I'm sure.

Archived