What is wrong with Robbie?

shotgun_beak

shotgun_beak

Is he still injured from the end of last season?

I noticed he hasn't been in the squads in the recent friendlys

As it is your first post my reply is thus:

Robbie is THE consumate proffesional, respected by a variety of managers to the point of winning two international caps,a scottish cup medal and a testimonial by his employers.Attended by adoring fans who appreciate his hard work,100% commitment and long throw.

He is a huge loss to the team,had he been present we would NOT have lost our friendlies!!

His unfortunate stomach injury is taking lomger than hoped for recovery,however rest should ensure he is ready for the new season.:rolleyes:

Robbie is THE consumate proffesional, respected by a variety of managers to the point of winning two international caps,a scottish cup medal and a testimonial by his employers.Attended by adoring fans who appreciate his hard work,100% commitment and long throw.

He is a huge loss to the team,had he been present we would NOT have lost our friendlies!!

His unfortunate stomach injury is taking lomger than hoped for recovery,however rest should ensure he is ready for the new season.:rolleyes:

:rofl:

Cracker

Are you saying that if a right-back had been playing, it would've made a significant difference? Bold statement indeed! You can't rely on just one player to make a difference to a result, they ALL have to muck in.

Are you saying that if a right-back had been playing, it would've made a significant difference? Bold statement indeed! You can't rely on just one player to make a difference to a result, they ALL have to muck in.

Robbie's forward runs,excellent distrubtion and his ability to go past players was ALL that was missing, a few decent balls into the box ...Game Over!

I didn't realise how much I had missed the Robbie bashing threads until now.

Hopefully we can get back to the trend of have at least one Robbie thread on the front page of JKB for the rest of the season. :)

I didn't realise how much I had missed the Robbie bashing threads until now.

stick with me mate - you wont miss a thing :)

Guest Dipped Flake

Think he was being just a tad sarcastic!!!! At least now I know that the new season is getting close; Robbie threads are back..

Nothing's wrong with Robbie... He's an honest pro who always gives 100% :cool:

Stomp Stomp Stomp: Oh no, here come the Neilsonites! :eek:

Robbie's forward runs,excellent distrubtion and his ability to go past players was ALL that was missing, a few decent balls into the box ...Game Over!

You've not seen him much then!

Charlie-Brown

Unless Robbie up's his passing game several notches then I don't think he will last too long in Csaba's teams if the manager persists with the idea of the team trying to play decent passing football.....if we revert to more crude 'football' that suits Neilson's limitations he could play on for another decade if he keeps his fitness levels up.

CornhillHearts

So thats Robbie right back and Rapnik (whom you saw at Stirling!) in for Berra, jesus those players in your team must be a patient lot coach.

Unless Robbie up's his passing game several notches then I don't think he will last too long in Csaba's teams if the manager persists with the idea of the team trying to play decent passing football.....if we revert to more crude 'football' that suits Neilson's limitations he could play on for another decade if he keeps his fitness levels up.

I dont know if I could cope with another Romanov shopping spree to find a replacement though....

His last effort was appalling

Am I correct in saying we've not won since Robbie dropped out towards the end of last season?

Ah, everything becomes clear :rofl:

Charlie-Brown
I dont know if I could cope with another Romanov shopping spree to find a replacement though....

His last effort was appalling

I think the replacement(s) will be somebody already at the club.

Robbie's a loser. Worst player in our history (to have consistantly played for the club)

Robbie's a loser. Worst player in our history (to have consistantly played for the club)

:rofl::D

I think the replacement(s) will be somebody already at the club.

Very dubious that any of them are anything like ready to play regularly for a team who are aiming to challenge for 3rd.

Us footy fans are frustrating arent we.

Overpaid footballers - wage thief

Injured alot footballers - wage thief / glass ankles

club to club movers - mercenaries / dont care about the club

bad trainers - pampered trouble makers

out on the lash - unprofessional trouble makers

A competent SPL player who cant be claimed to be overpaid, injured all the time, disloyal, a bad trainer, a bad example, out in boozers all the time, getting absolutely slated as if he was **** of the earth

Until it is proven we have a better right back at the club that doesnt get a game I just dont know how this stance is justified.

The point above about Robbie not suiting Csaba's passing style??

Em, George Burley??

Gotta love the Robbie bashers, all fantasy, fiction & contempt

Charlie-Brown
Very dubious that any of them are anything like ready to play regularly for a team who are aiming to challenge for 3rd.

Even short term Karipidis can defend as well as Neilson and use the ball much better - nobody noticed last night that Neilson wasn't playing (well not for any negative reason ;) )

Even short term Karipidis can defend as well as Neilson and use the ball much better - nobody noticed last night that Neilson wasn't playing (well not for any negative reason ;) )

He can use the ball better but he is a mess defensively

We have lost soft goals just about every time Kari has played right back in the SPL

We have lost soft goals just about every time Kari has played right back in the SPL

True, his positional sense is a bit dodgy at times. Nobody beats Tall & Berra in that sense.

I remember his howler for the opening game defeat by Hibs last season.

I still quite like him as a centre half though.

Charlie-Brown

If you are happy watching players of Neilson's low quality then you can't really complain about other players in the team or poor Hearts teams because he is one of the principle reasons why - he has played more games than anybody else -and as many poor games as anybody else.

Guest JamboRobbo
If you are happy watching players of Neilson's low quality then you can't really complain about other players in the team or poor Hearts teams because he is one of the principle reasons why - he has played more games than anybody else -and as many poor games as anybody else.

He's not near as bad as Zaliukas.

Who said I was happy?

We_are_the_Hearts
The point above about Robbie not suiting Csaba's passing style??

Em, George Burley??

Gotta love the Robbie bashers, all fantasy, fiction & contempt

Burley liked to get the ball from back to front quickly. Power play for want of a better phrase.

Csaba has talked about how he wants players who are comfy in posession and the ability to retain the ball and wait for openings.

Big difference.

Charlie-Brown

Zaliukas doesn't play anywhere nearly as often though JR and we still had to watch Neilson's ineptitude long before Zali arrived. In those days he had better players around him cover up his deficiencies.

But does that mean he should start though?

RN gives his all and is professional and this is to be admired, however if we are to move on I reckon we need a more competent right back. Preferably one who can play a ball first time.

Guest JamboRobbo
Zaliukas doesn't play anywhere nearly as often though JR and we still had to watch Neilson's ineptitude long before Zali arrived. In those days he had better players around him cover up his deficiencies.

He's still totally ****e though. Come on, admit it. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
But does that mean he should start though?

RN gives his all and is professional and this is to be admired, however if we are to move on I reckon we need a more competent right back. Preferably one who can play a ball first time.

I think our least rubbish player should start in each position.

Robbie is less rubbish than Zaliukas. As are most players at HMFC.

I think our least rubbish player should start in each position.

Robbie is less rubbish than Zaliukas. As are most players at HMFC.

I think you're forgetting that Zaliukas was formerly the best defender in the SPL! :D © The Vladsheep 2006

Charlie-Brown
He's still totally ****e though. Come on, admit it. :P

Yes Robbie is totally ****e - i've been saying it for ages -have you been asleep? :)

Zaliukas is a more useful player to have than Neilson even though neither of them are very good - Zali is about the only player that's played in the first team recently that can compete with Lee Wilkie & Rob Jones etc at set pieces etc. so he is useful in certain circumstances. Neilson has no good qualities that justify his constant inclusion

So does anyone actually know whats up with him / why he's not been in the team then no?? Or is this thread just another pointless excuse to take the p!sh out of one of the most senior players in the current squad.......??

Yes Robbie is totally ****e - i've been saying it for ages -have you been asleep? :)

Zaliukas is a more useful player to have than Neilson even though neither of them are very good - Zali is about the only player that's played in the first team recently that can compete with Lee Wilkie & Rob Jones etc at set pieces etc. so he is useful in certain circumstances. Neilson has no good qualities that justify his constant inclusion

His long throws are to die for

Guest JamboRobbo

Zaliukas is a more useful player to have than Neilson even though neither of them are very good

Thank you for finally admitting it. :)

- Zali is about the only player that's played in the first team recently that can compete with Lee Wilkie & Rob Jones etc at set pieces etc. so he is useful in certain circumstances. Neilson has no good qualities that justify his constant inclusion

You may have a point. He's quite tall, so he could be useful for putting the roof on the new stand. :P

A competent SPL player who cant be claimed to be overpaid, injured all the time, disloyal, a bad trainer, a bad example, out in boozers all the time, getting absolutely slated as if he was **** of the earth

Agree with most of that other than the 'overpaid' part. Neilson is paid several thousand pounds per week (not his fault, good on him) and is no value whatsoever. The fact he is still at Tynecastle despite virtually everybody else from the good side of 3 years ago having left speaks volumes. He simply wouldn't still be wearing a Hearts shirt if another club had wanted him on the wages he commands with us. Nobody else of a decent standard wants him.

It's nothing personal with Robbie, I think he's a great lad and an excellent pro, it's just he's rubbish (imo) !!

We_are_the_Hearts
Agree with most of that other than the 'overpaid' part. Neilson is paid several thousand pounds per week (not his fault, good on him) and is no value whatsoever. The fact he is still at Tynecastle despite virtually everybody else from the good side of 3 years ago having left speaks volumes. He simply wouldn't still be wearing a Hearts shirt if another club had wanted him on the wages he commands with us. Nobody else of a decent standard wants him.

It's nothing personal with Robbie, I think he's a great lad and an excellent pro, it's just he's rubbish (imo) !!

This post is far too sensible.....................you are wasted on this board:)

i like robbie, he's not consistantly brilliant, but he's not bad... i suppose i have mixed feelings about his game. sort of an elvis character, his best qualities arent his football skills, he gives no less than 100% and that is highly commendable at hearts right now. also i dont understand why robbie gets so much abuse when theres players like bez and until recently pinigol and ibby, lazy wage thieves, even larry kingston, charactersistic though he is, he is lazy and deserves more abuse than the scottish players seem to get. dont get me started on miko, though he's come on to a game recently. the future looks good, if we can empty the dross and get some hard working scots/youngsters in then the spl is our oyster. mon the shabba! if romanov doesnt empty him after our first defeat...

sorry, was that a tangent or what?

Charlie-Brown

MagicTs is correct in my opinion as to the reason why Neilson is still here however what is more important is how Csaba wants his team to play - if he wants the team to play good possession football then he will find it easier to take the likes of Karipidis or Thomson and work on improving their defensive weaknesses than improving Robbie's use of the ball - maybe Robbie will surprise us and up his game to hitherto unseen levels but having watched him since he was a kid in the youth & reserve teams when he signed back in 1996 and then in the first team I'm not sure if he's capable of playing 1 or 2 touch quick (accurate) passing football. Maybe he will prove us wrong? :)

Archived