Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

If we won our last game, no; if we lost or drew (except away to Celtic or Rangers), yes.

Edited by Gorgiewave

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

On 24/09/2023 at 08:19, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Whoever advocated for the appointment of this management team should be asked for

their resignations prior to Naismith & co getting sacked.

And that includes all you fans that voted for Naismith and made your views strong based on essentially 1 game against a hapless Ross county on the day. You should do the right thing and resign. Hand your season tickets over to someone on the waiting list. 

Frustrates the shit out of me that we appointed him 

We've had some good games so far but we've been horribly inconsistent. Let's see where we are in 10 days. If we can string together three strong games in a row, I'll be very encouraged.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 24/09/2023 at 11:11, Valois No1 said:

I think my badly made point was that Hearts fans shouldn't be calling other Hearts fans names. I am not calling anyone anything.

I do disagree a little with the fan point. The fans should control the narrative and when many many fans are still sticking up for the shambles that we currently have then its easier for the board to dismiss. Remember the board read kickback and if they see support of them then they will block out the anger and focus on the happier stuff

Seriously? I don't think anyone on the board gives a hoot and if any of them read this forum, it'll be as a fan

Only time anything on here would prick the boards' ears up would be a poll that has a high 90's result on a major topic, like the Neilson poll, however, there's no telling if that was paid any attention to, because the fans at Tynecastle made it very clear that RN was no longer wanted last season

P.S. Apologies for the time taken to respond as busy with work

On 24/09/2023 at 12:05, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Still one of the big questions for me - why the **** are the club so obsessed with this guy?

He’s clearly got no natural coaching talent yet we’ve been desperate to keep him in a job, and to give him the top job.

When he talks he sounds clueless - like the sort of welt who bangs on about bravery, courage and all that shite but couldn’t read a coaching manual if you wrote it in crayon for him.

get him gone

That is just baws 😃

On 24/09/2023 at 12:08, Jingle Bells said:

Sideways move to Assistant Manager under a Manager of substance, to learn the trade imho

To give the "football Department" some focus, I'd make it a sackable offence if the Club fail to end the season in third place, due to the financial implications of that,  rather than letting them wander around in the current aimless manner with no consequences for failure or accountability for it.  

It's too late for any other Coach or 'Experienced' Manager to assist Naismith through his Final badge, or whatever; it could have been done with someone instead of FM originally, but who?

Who was going to take that temporary role? Why would they? Why would it not result in arguments, the guy knowing Naismith was going to be in charge weeks later?

Whomever takes such a role would have to do so understanding that it was under the same conditions as FM's 'tenure' was and be content; that would require a true PHM

On 24/09/2023 at 12:09, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

nah, they’ll get round to it in about four months when the whole thing’s in disarray. And they probably re-appoint Snoreson 

RN has to prove himself at a >= level to get back here and I would hazard a guess that he would have to demonstrate improvement in Europe too

At least you're not one of the window lickers or wall punchers that would want the Team to get beat for any reason

Again, Apologies for the time taken to respond as busy with work

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Seriously? I don't think anyone on the board gives a hoot and if any of them read this forum, it'll be as a fan

Only time anything on here would prick the boards' ears up would be a poll that has a high 90's result on a major topic, like the Neilson poll, however, there's no telling if that was paid any attention to, because the fans at Tynecastle made it very clear that RN was no longer wanted last season

P.S. Apologies for the time taken to respond as busy with work

That is just baws 😃

It's too late for any other Coach or 'Experienced' Manager to assist Naismith through his Final badge, or whatever; it could have been done with someone instead of FM originally, but who?

Who was going to take that temporary role? Why would they? Why would it not result in arguments, the guy knowing Naismith was going to be in charge weeks later?

Whomever takes such a role would have to do so understanding that it was under the same conditions as FM's 'tenure' was and be content; that would require a true PHM

RN has to prove himself at a >= level to get back here and I would hazard a guess that he would have to demonstrate improvement in Europe too

At least you're not one of the window lickers or wall punchers that would want the Team to get beat for any reason

Again, Apologies for the time taken to respond as busy with work

-

That’s a relief, we’ve all been sitting up waiting for your posts sweetie

On 27/09/2023 at 15:04, Cruyff said:

I thought we were good last night. That pitch, those conditions and we out fought them on their own patch. Football was terrible but that took bottle.... more of the same please. 

It annoys me that the fans have to be at the starting phases of a backlash against the manager and board to get that though. 

It shows we can do it, but also sort of highlights there is a great deal of complacency within our team. 

I want a club culture where at the very least going to bottom 6 teams grounds and coming away with anything less than 3 points is deemed unacceptable. There are teams below us with less money that fight far harder for their points than us. 

21 minutes ago, OTT said:

It annoys me that the fans have to be at the starting phases of a backlash against the manager and board to get that though. 

It shows we can do it, but also sort of highlights there is a great deal of complacency within our team. 

I want a club culture where at the very least going to bottom 6 teams grounds and coming away with anything less than 3 points is deemed unacceptable. There are teams below us with less money that fight far harder for their points than us. 

Spot on, absolutely. 

I know it's a cliché saying and you'll hear managers say it a lot, you need to win the right to play in this league, you need to win the battles first and foremost. If all the opposition have is kick and press but they win most of the 1st & 2nd ball, then they'll probably win. 

We have much better players than everyone outside the OF and if they can show that level of resilience and desire, the natural ability of our players will come to the fore. 

I have seen some analysis from Hearts recent performances and there are parts that we're improving at but we need to be more physical and move the ball quicker. Then we will be able to implement our style on the opposition. 

I don't want Naisy to fail, I like him a lot, top guy, top pro and an absolute winner. But he knows more than anyone what standards and expectations are. I think if he can make it throw this sticky patch and the players start to gel, we could have a good side on our hands. Jury is out and Naisy will know this more than most. It can't take another 5 or 10 games to come together. Hopefully that result is the turning point. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Spot on, absolutely. 

I know it's a cliché saying and you'll hear managers say it a lot, you need to win the right to play in this league, you need to win the battles first and foremost. If all the opposition have is kick and press but they win most of the 1st & 2nd ball, then they'll probably win. 

We have much better players than everyone outside the OF and if they can show that level of resilience and desire, the natural ability of our players will come to the fore. 

I have seen some analysis from Hearts recent performances and there are parts that we're improving at but we need to be more physical and move the ball quicker. Then we will be able to implement our style on the opposition. 

I don't want Naisy to fail, I like him a lot, top guy, top pro and an absolute winner. But he knows more than anyone what standards and expectations are. I think if he can make it throw this sticky patch and the players start to gel, we could have a good side on our hands. Jury is out and Naisy will know this more than most. It can't take another 5 or 10 games to come together. Hopefully that result is the turning point. 

This in spades. 
Nonsense like “no less than 3 points against teams with lesser budgets than us” would have all teams turning over at least a couple of managers a year. 
Any manager should have a far longer window to be assessed. We have had some dreadful results and games but Killie away on a miserable night on a worn carpet with 14 shots, 3 on target, two goals doesn’t fit with the “continuation of Robbie tactics” “defensive” “no idea how to attack” “abysmal away performances” agenda some of the p***ks starting the Naismith out after one poor game which has built up into a frenzie of pitchforks.  
Jury still out but it doesn’t help anyone to write him off without giving him a reasonable period to get the players to adopt the style of play he is looking for.  

A few posters aside, especially Ricardo,  some folk should take a few days off (at least) from this argument. 

The thread will still be here after our next defeat. 

By The Light..
On 26/09/2023 at 10:08, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Naw, he winnae

Naw, ye winnae

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

-

aye yer right there on both !

• 3 weeks later...
Francis Albert
On 23/09/2023 at 17:35, Francis Albert said:

I think being relegated is at least as realistic a posibility as winning a cup. Maybe more so. Your post count suggests you might well be hoping so.

OK. Got me. Sorry.

best in the land

Get this clown and the rest out the door now.

Whole new setup needed.

This is worse than neilson and that's saying something.

Sick of it.

He's sitting on the bench. Brenda is jumping about on the touchline like a maniac. And naisy is sitting on the bench. 😡

4 minutes ago, Badonde said:

He’ll get the bullet after todays 5-0 defeat

His time must be up soon. We can't go on like this.

Sitting here at the game and this is about as bad as we’ve been. I can’t think of a decent performance along with a result this season. I’d take Neilson or Levein back right at this moment. The team look devoid of confidence and look lost out there. That Celtic team are no greta shakes and if we weren’t so poor we could have done something today. 

We need a miracle turn around here today. 

1 minute ago, heartandsoul said:

His time must be up soon. We can't go on like this.

I think he'll get until Livi. But he won't see the New Year, looking at fixtures until end of year. 

Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs all away before the new year. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think he'll get until Livi. But he won't see the New Year, looking at fixtures until end of year. 

Another waste of a season.

Still, exciting times with the hotel

BangkokHearts
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Shan Budge continues to occupy the total loser lane 

As ever, she needs to **** off pronto

This.

I initially wanted to give him time and said no but changing my vote to yes now as there are no signs of improvement 

Tokyo Drifter
17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I said in August he'd be gone by Halloween and I'm sticking with it. 

7 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I said in August he'd be gone by Halloween and I'm sticking with it. 

We live in hope.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Should never have gotten the job full time in the first place.

I don't disagree with any of this. But Who do we replace him with ,? 

Go for it 1308
27 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

This.

Get her to **** as well. Sick of this continual talk about infrastructure,  hotels...."we're in a good place financially " utter dialogue....when the most important thing is putting a decent product on the pitch.  We're a phucking football team Anne!!!!!!

Sending us back big time here. All the good work done in 21/22 is well and truly being undone. We are just lucky the league is atrocious and we’re only 4 points off 3rd so a decent change now and the season can be salvaged. Cup semi final to play for too. Simply isn’t working, boring to watch, no creativity in the final third. Please hearts just empty that dugout ASAP

Tokyo Drifter
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

I don't disagree with any of this. But Who do we replace him with ,? 

Jack Ross. Lee Johnson. Honestly, I'd take either right now.