Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Must be.Hobo because you disagree with the poster.

:facepalm:

Aye,that’s their go to when someone disagrees with them….sad.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

In all honesty I am hoping it has been McAvoy setting up the team so far this season , because if it was Naismith then I do not hold out much hope for improvement 

26 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Must be.Hobo because you disagree with the poster.

:facepalm:

5 posts, every one attacking the club

5 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Right

Lots of us wanted him moved on, it hasn’t happened & the board have backed their appointment. That’s the reality.

We as fans now need to give him & the team the backing as we all want this to come good whether we think it will or not.

Huge few games ahead, let them prove us wrong.

That's not how it works on here. The players are shite, the board are shite, the management are shite and the fans are shite. Maybe some on here, well the Hearts ones anyway, might want to check their dictionary for the definition of supporter.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Come on you’re better than that.

If a poster feels it’s justified then so be it,

We’re all wanting what’s best for Hearts.

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Dumb and dumber still going I see, surely they can’t have much more to add. 😂

Forrest's Gimps

9 hours ago, XB52 said:

Rightly so, nothing but a shambles or cover up, it seems like they are doing everything in their power not to create harmony and winning mentality, off with the maroon tinted specs 52! 7 years of it or thereabouts, and there are still folk like you defending such, madness, maybe you are a double agent, Hobo ?

Ricardo Quaresma
14 hours ago, Sooks said:

In all honesty I am hoping it has been McAvoy setting up the team so far this season , because if it was Naismith then I do not hold out much hope for improvement 

Think it's pretty obvious he has been; the EEN article regarding the dunfy friendly contains "we changed tactics" or very similar

Maybe we were only planning to revert to 1 or 2 up at corners when we put Odel in CB beside Kent, or other CBs learned how to head a ball clear, preferably to one of our guys, or out for a throw

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Think it's pretty obvious he has been; the EEN article regarding the dunfy friendly contains "we changed tactics" or very similar

Maybe we were only planning to revert to 1 or 2 up at corners when we put Odel in CB beside Kent, or other CBs learned how to head a ball clear, preferably to one of our guys, or out for a throw

We'll see next Saturday against Aberdeen but I suspect it'll be same set up/tactics etc because I'd be very surprised if Naismith hasn't been calling the shots

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We'll see next Saturday against Aberdeen but I suspect it'll be same set up/tactics etc because I'd be very surprised if Naismith hasn't been calling the shots

The corners setup will reveal all, if it's 1 or 2 up

Won't mean much if it isn't, yet, but it'll be a sign, I think, if that's changed

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The corners setup will reveal all, if it's 1 or 2 up

Won't mean much if it isn't, yet, but it'll be a sign, I think, if that's changed

Agree

4 minutes ago, sac said:

Playing players in their natural position would help, tired of the square peg round hole nonsense 

Not sure if this is what you're getting at, but think that the 2nd half showed we have a squad that fits fairly cleanly into a back 3 with wingbacks. 

Hopefully Naismith is humble enough to recognise that and not push on with a formation that exposes the worst of our team massively - compensates for Rowles being a pussy and allows for Sibbick to get into the team giving us a ball playing CB, with Cochrane and Atkinson able to focus more on getting forward where they are more effective. 

Midfield still a mess, but hopefully Naismith has read the riot act to Haring about passing the ****ing ball forward.

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not sure if this is what you're getting at, but think that the 2nd half showed we have a squad that fits fairly cleanly into a back 3 with wingbacks. 

Hopefully Naismith is humble enough to recognise that and not push on with a formation that exposes the worst of our team massively - compensates for Rowles being a pussy and allows for Sibbick to get into the team giving us a ball playing CB, with Cochrane and Atkinson able to focus more on getting forward where they are more effective. 

Midfield still a mess, but hopefully Naismith has read the riot act to Haring about passing the ****ing ball forward.

I think he will use the option of 3 at the back, not sure when he'll have it pencilled in for, though

Primary option will probs be a 4, though, still

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think he will use the option of 3 at the back, not sure when he'll have it pencilled in for, though

Primary option will probs be a 4, though, still

-

With Rowles in that CB pairing we're still going to see the same problems we've seen all season. 

Said this when we had Robbie - he needs to work with what he has, not what he wishes he had. Same applies to Robbie. Until Naismith can get the bodies in/out he needs, he has to put the best team possible in the more effective formation for those players to churn out enough results to keep us in contention. 

Getting bloody minded over formation with a makeshift team isn't going to achieve the results he needs. Flexibility needed here, big time. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

With Rowles in that CB pairing we're still going to see the same problems we've seen all season. 

Said this when we had Robbie - he needs to work with what he has, not what he wishes he had. Same applies to Robbie. Until Naismith can get the bodies in/out he needs, he has to put the best team possible in the more effective formation for those players to churn out enough results to keep us in contention. 

Getting bloody minded over formation with a makeshift team isn't going to achieve the results he needs. Flexibility needed here, big time. 

Every team is targetting Rowles and have been for a while; with Odel not here, it has to be Toby

Halliday should probably have been used at tayside and the last game; is he going to be put in on Saturday?

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Every team is targetting Rowles and have been for a while; with Odel not here, it has to be Toby

Halliday should probably have been used at tayside and the last game; is he going to be put in on Saturday?

Yep. The reason why we have depth is so when someone drops the ball, we have another player ready to come. Sibbick needs to come. I don't like Rowles and have made no secret of that, however, his confidence is now rock bottom too. So on top of a severely limited CB, we also have one with no confidence. The correct thing for all parties is to bench him for the foreseeable and let him get his head right (or just melt away into the background until we can offload). Also a bit disrespectful to Sibbick. I thought against Motherwell he was one of the few players worthy of pass marks. Did everything a CB should be doing in a team dominating possession. Can't just rely on doing defensive work and thats it. His charge into the Motherwell half caused problems, and I think he's capable of doing more of that and will draw players towards him and create chances from doing that. Just needs to actually be on the field so he can do it. 

On Halliday, Naismith has used him as a sub so far, but don't think he's started yet. I wonder if Naismith is trying to force something out of him. You know, try and have him chomping at the bit to start and see if he can force another level out of Halliday? - On the Halliday thread, really not happy about all this media bollocks. Think AH should have been a much more influential player than he has been for us. Would be interesting to see if Naismith can try and coax that out of him. 

We'll see I guess! 

18 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Come on you’re better than that.

If a poster feels it’s justified then so be it,

We’re all wanting what’s best for Hearts.

You can't possibly be naive enough to believe that?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yep. The reason why we have depth is so when someone drops the ball, we have another player ready to come. Sibbick needs to come. I don't like Rowles and have made no secret of that, however, his confidence is now rock bottom too. So on top of a severely limited CB, we also have one with no confidence. The correct thing for all parties is to bench him for the foreseeable and let him get his head right (or just melt away into the background until we can offload). Also a bit disrespectful to Sibbick. I thought against Motherwell he was one of the few players worthy of pass marks. Did everything a CB should be doing in a team dominating possession. Can't just rely on doing defensive work and thats it. His charge into the Motherwell half caused problems, and I think he's capable of doing more of that and will draw players towards him and create chances from doing that. Just needs to actually be on the field so he can do it. 

On Halliday, Naismith has used him as a sub so far, but don't think he's started yet. I wonder if Naismith is trying to force something out of him. You know, try and have him chomping at the bit to start and see if he can force another level out of Halliday? - On the Halliday thread, really not happy about all this media bollocks. Think AH should have been a much more influential player than he has been for us. Would be interesting to see if Naismith can try and coax that out of him. 

We'll see I guess! 

Well, as I posted earlier on Halliday, it would've been better to have had him in last 2 games, he's going to have to hit the ground running on Saturday if starting

I think he's been working hard, at least he claimed that in an article a few weeks back, so it's going to be a 'money where your mouth is' situation for him

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agreed.......but how about another managerial change - the Hearts Ladies team manager to take over in place of SN/FM ? Could she do worse ? And at least she looks 1,000 times better thats for sure. Some would say that even if the team is playing dross, the punters could do worse than watching the new manager/ess jumping up and down on the sidelines - but I won't as thats sexist !!

colinmorewasgash
3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Agreed.......but how about another managerial change - the Hearts Ladies team manager to take over in place of SN/FM ? Could she do worse ? And at least she looks 1,000 times better thats for sure. Some would say that even if the team is playing dross, the punters could do worse than watching the new manager/ess jumping up and down on the sidelines - but I won't as thats sexist !!

Eva In baldies out

2 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Hes available but cd go to hibs.Scott Brown spotted out in Edinburgh after his sacking from Fleetwood. 

F5j4PcGWcAAr-tN.jpeg

Spoke to him the other day.  Def wouldn’t work for Hearts. 

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Spoke to him the other day.  Def wouldn’t work for Hearts. 

What you spoke to him ?  Is he even involved in football :lol:

Seriously though , do you suppose may be it is quite unlikely that we would want to touch the wee fud with a barge pole 

• 2 weeks later...

What date do we think he'll be sacked then? It's pretty clear there's no way back for him now - October fixtures will take care of that.

Question is, who do we get in?

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

What date do we think he'll be sacked then? It's pretty clear there's no way back for him now - October fixtures will take care of that.

Question is, who do we get in?

He'll get the next couple of games. A loss to Hibs and that might be enough to make the board realise that they should have sacked him weeks ago / never have given him the job. 

What’s that now in the league, is it 4 wins in 13 or something? 2 games against hibs without a win and 2 games against st mirren without a win.  Hopeless.

Just now, Ivan Drago said:

What’s that now in the league, is it 4 wins in 13 or something? 2 games against hibs without a win and 2 games against st mirren without a win.  Hopeless.

What I do know is that it's 4 goals scored in 6 games. 

We were told it was going to be attacking, front foot football.

Didn't ever think he should have been given the job. Never did enough in the last seven games of 22/23 season and definitely hasn't done enough this. Always figured he'd be gone by the end of October and not planning on changing my opinion. 

Realistically I think we all know a decision won't be made tonight or tomorrow on the future of the management.

However if we get put out the cup on Tuesday and beaten next weekend I can't see anyway back for Naismith unfortunately.

I'll hold my hands up and say I wanted him in after the response he got out of the players at the end of last season but it's turned into a disaster.

7 points from those 6 opening games is awful.

Every away game is a copy and paste of the previous.

We can't afford another project, time to get an experienced manager in, we need to start doing things properly and if we are to believe we're a "big club" then we should start acting like it.

On 08/09/2023 at 16:26, Sooks said:

Continuation of crap,nothings changed,the directors should be ashamed.

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Should never have been appointed. 

Should be sacked along with the other clowns with immediate effect. 

If any other Premiership team appointed a manager from the Lowland League, we would have taken the piss out of them.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Season over already. 

Signings sh**e. 

Get rid of savage, entire management team and have a board clear out. 

Current regime have proven absolutely useless on football department decisions. 

Time to go time for a revolution. It's a fan owned club so it's high time we demanded to get our moneysworth instead of this s***e week in week out. 

Not having the “can’t sack a manger after 6 games or give him time” chat. He came in in April and has had a transfer window. 4 wins from 13 league games. 1 point and no goals v Killie, Motherwell, Dundee and st mirren. Bye bye 👋 

Just now, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Season over already. 

Signings sh**e. 

Get rid of savage, entire management team and have a board clear out. 

Current regime have proven absolutely useless on football department decisions. 

Time to go time for a revolution. It's a fan owned club so it's high time we demanded to get our moneysworth instead of this s***e week in week out. 

In what way is the season over when we're in the quarter final of the League Cup and the Scottish Cup hasn't even started yet? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )