• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Chimp

• Pans Jambo

• Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Life Aquatic said:

On a side note... how common a name is Kenneth in Costa Rica? 

More than you might think, plenty "English" names as lots of Welsh miners emigrated there when work started drying up in the Welsh mines.

Ricardo Quaresma
17 minutes ago, Prehen said:

Forgetting people's agenda for a second, it did take Naismith half a season to turn the "style" around. Last season for the B Team was a story of two halves. He better do it more quickly than that given start to the season. Saturday would be a good time to start with better creation, penetration and all around attacking intent. Does have a feeling of a dreaded "six pointer" game so early in the season. Tynie will be rocking.

It will sell out; there are 104 tickets left and I posted this earlier, with regards to Naismith and preparing for this game; paragraph 4 in particular

8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think he does that in training and sees himself having no time for that during a match, he relies heavily on players listening and remembering what was done in training; I'm sure I've seen what you're referring to at pitch-side and what he says to them there is usually taken on board, but there is a limit to how much the player is going to retain and it's hard to hear anything if it's noisy in the Stadium

The one-to-ones will have been going on all week in training I'm sure, because the team have not gelled together yet, it's plain to see; I'm sure they've all been hard at it, because it's definitely what's missing

I don't think Naismith is a bar steward to the players :lol: I think he's well aware that he has to put the work in and he proved that to a decent extent last season

I'm in no doubt that the results will pick up but it is a question of when; as above, he got it working last time and it took about what? 10 days from the days before the derby to the RC game at home?

We're all expecting that again and a clean slate, no residue from the management set-up that has just been disposed of

I still can't get my head around some on here thinking that Naismith wasn't going to be named HC asap, everyone said it was going to happen and it was discussed thoroughly on here; FM told us (Hearts TV?) that SN was going to be Manager, right in front of Naismith himself

FM said it again right after the paok 2nd leg in Greece

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

19 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It will sell out; there are 104 tickets left and I posted this earlier, with regards to Naismith and preparing for this game; paragraph 4 in particular

👍. Thought great post straight away. I would listen to your Podcast!!!

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Prehen said:

👍. Thought great post straight away. I would listen to your Podcast!!!

:lol:

I don't have one; I do have a YT channel, but just 1 or 2 Hearts videos on it, for now 👍

On 13/09/2023 at 08:58, Chimp said:

Vargas is probably the only player that I look forward to receiving the ball to make things happen. Looks to drive forward and run at players at every opportunity. You could tell right away he's a footballer, his technique and the way he carries the ball. Getting his first full cap for Costa Rica will do wonders for his confidence and hope he manages to play a big part in our season. He's still young and it will take time but he probably looks to have the most potential out of any of our squad atm.

Surely not. Do you not need to have about 25 pages of stats to see if he is any good? 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Surely not. Do you not need to have about 25 pages of stats to see if he is any good? 

Only if he's arguably any good at the time :)

I wish Oda, Tagawa and Vargas became our very own ‘Hansen Brothers’ from the fantastic movie ‘slap shot’ starring Paul Newman. Great movie and maybe we should just unleash all three at once and see where it takes us? Can’t be any worse than we’ve witnessed so far imo.  We’d have great energy and pace all day long with these three playing upfront  together and they could give our defence the day off. I’d really love to see what damage they could do to the sheep though. 

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I wish Oda, Tagawa and Vargas became our very own ‘Hansen Brothers’ from the fantastic movie ‘slap shot’ starring Paul Newman. Great movie and maybe we should just unleash all three at once and see where it takes us? Can’t be any worse than we’ve witnessed so far imo.  We’d have great energy and pace all day long with these three playing upfront  together and they could give our defence the day off. I’d really love to see what damage they could do to the sheep though. 

One of the best sports movies of all time. 

With the absence of Barrie, possibly for a long time, I would like to see this front three - with Shanks in the pocket in behind. Those four, plus Cam would give us an utterly ferocious press. We will need lots of high pitch turnovers to mitigate the lack of craft we currently have. 

31 minutes ago, CMc said:

With the absence of Barrie, possibly for a long time, I would like to see this front three - with Shanks in the pocket in behind. Those four, plus Cam would give us an utterly ferocious press. We will need lots of high pitch turnovers to mitigate the lack of craft we currently have. 

I’d give this a try as I’m not sure who else is fit and capable of starting. 

Clark 

Natty Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Sibbick/Grant    Devlin 

Shanks 

Vargas   Tagawa  Oda 

if not why not and why were they signed? 
Our full backs can become old fashioned half backs and can all play forwards and our wingers can drop back when defending. There’s energy pace and press here and our tight park will work in our favour. Shanks can sit in the pocket and be creative one as we’ve got width on both flanks.

Jorge Grant, seeing as we’re stuck with him, deserves a chance to play and at least give him a platform so he’s in the January shop window for potential suitors. He may thrive with CK his old buddy behind him🤷‍♂️

Not sure what our management dream team will think or wether they’d be so brave but at least we’d go down swinging lol 

26 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Clark 

Sibbick/Grant    Devlin 

Shanks 

Vargas   Tagawa  Oda 

Our full backs can become old fashioned half backs and can all play forwards and our wingers can drop back when defending. There’s energy pace and press here and our tight park will work in our favour. Shanks can sit in the pocket and be creative one as we’ve got width on both flanks.

Jorge Grant, seeing as we’re stuck with him, deserves a chance to play and at least give him a platform so he’s in the January shop window for potential suitors. He may thrive with CK his old buddy behind him🤷‍♂️

Not sure what our management dream team will think or wether they’d be so brave but at least we’d go down swinging lol 

Thats a very attacking side, and I would love to see it. you never know

Howdy Doody Jambo
30 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Clark 

Sibbick/Grant    Devlin 

Shanks 

Vargas   Tagawa  Oda 

You've got 12 players in that team 

1 hour ago, CMc said:

Would be harsh as dropping Boyce who has been our best player so far. 

29 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I agree with this.  But Boyce + Shanks doesn’t work.  Both trying to play in the same space .

We can’t just try and cram all of our best players in.  Need someone who will go in behind 

Howdy Doody Jambo
38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree with this.  But Boyce + Shanks doesn’t work.  Both trying to play in the same space .

We can’t just try and cram all of our best players in.  Need someone who will go in behind 

Do you think cooking with Vargas and Shankland would be better?

8 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

You've got 12 players in that team 

It’s either Sibbick or grant hence the / between them and not both together. Only one of them can play beside Cammy 🙈

6 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Do you think cooking with Vargas and Shankland would be better?

I’ve never tried Costa Rican grub so don’t know who’d be better in the kitchen. As shanks is rumoured to be a foodie then maybe it’s him I’d prefer to do the cooking. Graeme Pacitti could always judge the outcome though 👍

10 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Clark 

Sibbick/Grant    Devlin 

Shanks 

Vargas   Tagawa  Oda 

That’s my team also. 

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I agree on both counts - but I think him and Shanks in the same team makes us really easy to defend against. 

No pace and dependent on lots of neat interplay (which they are very good at - but is still low percentage) coming off. The opposition crowd the D and we struggle. 

For me, we either need an 8 to link attack to the rest of midfield or a central forward making the opponents worried to keep a high line. Otherwise, the opposition hold a high line and pack central defence, and we struggle. 

Clark 

Atkinson Kent Sibbick  Kingsley 

Haring    Devlin 

Grant/Boyce

Vargas     Shankland   Oda 

Perth to Paisley
On 14/09/2023 at 09:08, Life Aquatic said:

On a side note... how common a name is Kenneth in Costa Rica? 

"What's the frequency Kenneth?"

REM .

12 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Clark 

Atkinson Kent Sibbick  Kingsley 

Haring    Devlin 

Grant/Boyce

Vargas     Shankland   Oda 

Boyce isn’t the player for me in that role to bring the wide men into the game. He naturally plays with his back to the game.  We need a player in there who’s nature is to take it on the half turn and is already thinking of finding his wide men.  

That would be Grant but he’s out of favour or not rated.  Also, Boyce and Haring playing roughly in that area showed how slow we are against Motherwell when both play.   It’s one or the other if that’s our options, imo.

Could Lowry play that role who has a good brain and close control?  Plays with his head up too.  

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would like to see us try him through the middle in the same way we used Ginnelly to great effect. 

Thought he was a threat throughout the game. 

For a wee guy he doesn't give up, even if he loses the ball. 

That shot, 2ne half, took the paint right off the crossbar 

Got in behind their defence today on a good few occasions 

Done well. Hopefully he will get better and better as the season progresses 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Thought he was a threat throughout the game. 

For a wee guy he doesn't give up, even if he loses the ball. 

That shot, 2ne half, took the paint right off the crossbar 

Got in behind their defence today on a good few occasions 

Done well. Hopefully he will get better and better as the season progresses 

He deserved that to go in. Great effort. 

On 31/08/2023 at 21:23, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Take a bow, young man, never gives up

Great energy for the team!

❤️❤️G❤️

Want to see him through the middle 

Been compared to Suso, and I agree, gets stuck in, tricky, takes his man on and has a dig. I don't think there's any doubt he'll want to stay here. Make it happen Hearts.

12 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Really really like him. I hope he wants to stay.

Surely personal terms get sewn up prior to a loan with option to buy?

But Yes - him liking it here wotalso help!

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Been compared to Suso, and I agree, gets stuck in, tricky, takes his man on and has a dig. I don't think there's any doubt he'll want to stay here. Make it happen Hearts.

Can his club actually change the fee, if we have an option to buy, or would it be set in stone with the agreement ? 

I am assuming the latter. 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Can his club actually change the fee, if we have an option to buy, or would it be set in stone with the agreement ? 

The latter 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Arry said:

Looks a player, deserved a goal. 

Indeed - was it his shot that clattered the bar?

Definitely think there's a lot more to come from him. Does drift out of the game but can see the potential is there. Some dig for his shot that hit the bar. 

He's a great wee player. So unlucky with his shot that came off the post. Just needs to add goals and assists to his game and he'll be some player for us. I really like him. 

Pasquale for King

Looks like we are playing to his strengths a bit more, balls in behind, did better on the right. Might be an idea to try him up top as when Oda was going down the right the two strikers couldn’t keep up. 

43 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I'd imagine a fee would already be agreed. Suppose it would all come down to the player.