The 137th Open Championship

speedbump

chester copperpot
Chester on another thread.....

???????

What yer not allowed to change your mind naw?

Scott, closely followed by 19 Americans. :P

What yer not allowed to change your mind naw?

Scott, closely followed by 19 Americans. :P

:rofl:

In your defence the open has been dominated by Australian and American winners over the years. Well, so the commentators have been telling us! :)

I P Knightley
JOHN DALY

22 stone of him, alkie, serial divorcee, 2 years of injury (some of it possibly related to point 1) and there he is in a tie with Harrington, Els & Montgomerie with the third best score so far...

Well, who'd have thunk it?

Big John slips to 29 over.

Yes that's twenty-effing-nine over par!!!

Gwan yersel' big man!

Say What Again
Well, who'd have thunk it?

Big John slips to 29 over.

Yes that's twenty-effing-nine over par!!!

Gwan yersel' big man!

Did he make the cut? ;)

Two of my guys (copyright Chester Copperpot ;) ) are in with a chance. Adam Scott with an outside chance (miracle required) and Ross Fisher a much better chance.

Fingers crossed! :)

p.s. anybody know how long odds you would have got on Norman pre tournament?

chester copperpot
Two of my guys (copyright Chester Copperpot ;) ) are in with a chance. Adam Scott with an outside chance (miracle required) and Ross Fisher a much better chance.

Fingers crossed! :)

p.s. anybody know how long odds you would have got on Norman pre tournament?

Been trying to find that out. Think it would've been 300-1 or more. No doubt seen as he'd be the oldest major winner of all time, by some distance (think Nicklaus did it at 46, but cant think of any older).

I P Knightley
Been trying to find that out. Think it would've been 300-1 or more. No doubt seen as he'd be the oldest major winner of all time, by some distance (think Nicklaus did it at 46, but cant think of any older).

Correct on Nicklaus and I'm certain that there's not been an older winner in the modern era - the last 50 years or so.

You'd probably find that there was some old buster won a precursor to the Open in 18hoohah, in a similar way to WG Grace being the oldest to do something marvellous at cricket, but only because the others were too polite to stop him.

chester copperpot

So who's everyone going for tomorrow. Dont think Norman will hack it, and think Choi will bottle it too. Paddy H's looking good for back to back Opens.

chester copperpot
I hope Greg wins it. That would be awesome.

It would be good, however I dont think he will.

Dirk Diggler

Going by the weather forecast, Tomorrow will be similar to today, If not quite so severe.

I think it'll be a player 3 or 4 shots back who produces an awesome round who will take it.

It love Norman to win it, and I hope Harrington doesn't.

But I think it will be someone outwith the current leading top 5.

chester copperpot
Going by the weather forecast, Tomorrow will be similar to today, If not quite so severe.

I think it'll be a player 3 or 4 shots back who produces an awesome round who will take it.

It love Norman to win it, and I hope Harrington doesn't.

But I think it will be someone outwith the current leading top 5.

Who knows mate, thats the joy of the British open. :)

Dirk Diggler
Who knows mate, thats the joy of the British open. :)

Today was fantastic to watch.

:)

chester copperpot
Today was fantastic to watch.

:)

Indeed, I look forward to cheering on Norman tomorrow from the comfort of the Carricknowe inn (Its my nephew's 18th and we're going there).

Say What Again
So who's everyone going for tomorrow. Dont think Norman will hack it

Mate, I took Norman at 33's AFTER he'd finished his 2nd round at level par (Paddy Power).

?5 e/w.

It was a half hearted attempt on my behalf because I didn't think he'd do it - but did think the price was too good.

2 clear going into the final day and now 7/2 3rd fav?

I'll take at top 4 finish but will be willing him to win it. :)

Global Warming? Please bring it on and save the Pro's from there blushes...:rofl::rofl::rofl: Profesional golfers! how would you score minus your caddies, yardege's and pampering? Well done Royal Birkdale I'm lovin it :rofl::rofl::rofl:, some pros on + 25...................FFS

south morocco

I'd bet tiger will be laughing his driver off after seeing how this windy open has unfolded .That guy has fate on his side i'm sure

chester copperpot
Mate, I took Norman at 33's AFTER he'd finished his 2nd round at level par (Paddy Power).

?5 e/w.

It was a half hearted attempt on my behalf because I didn't think he'd do it - but did think the price was too good.

2 clear going into the final day and now 7/2 3rd fav?

I'll take at top 4 finish but will be willing him to win it. :)

I hope you win mate, give my regards to your sister after I met her in Benidorm. ;)

Father Tiresias

I reckon anyone up to +9 could win this Open Championship.

A nice 66 or 67 should be possible with the wind forecast to be not as strong as today and that would be good enough with a likely 284 or 285 being good enough to secure the claret jug.

Would be nice to see Harrington secure back to back Open's but I fancy Ben Curtis might just upset the form guide.

Having had the misfortune to see Norman in action at Craigielaw during the last Open at Muirfield, I sincerely hope he blows up big time tomorrow!!

Say What Again
I hope you win mate, give my regards to your sister after I met her in Benidorm. ;)

:arf:

She's still not over it! :stitch:

I'll be in attendance tomorrow and hoping for a Greg Norman win. I fancy Padraig to create a little bit of history by winning back-to-back Opens though. Look out for a charge from one of Garcia or Goosen - the best pairing of the day.

Archived