The 137th Open Championship

speedbump

Who is your money?

I think I've let the heart rule the wallet.

Monty, Westwood and Goosen:confused:

I think Garcia could be a good shout. It's a pity i never took the Spanish treble a few weeks back of Spain in the Euros, Nadal in Wimbledon and Garcia in the Open. I think you were getting about 250/1.

I can't see Monty doing anything though.

Imagine backing Monty....more money than sense, if he wins i'll give you a free night on the lash!!!!

I think Immelman,Jimenez & Rose are 3 good e/w bets.;)

Imagine backing Monty....more money than sense, if he wins i'll give you a free night on the lash!!!!

Go Monty, remember how much I can drink:dribble:

The Old Tolbooth

I witnessed the state of how much you can drink in Belfast ;)

I witnessed the state of how much you can drink in Belfast ;)

That was after being on the lash since the thursday evening, some of us done the full weekend beano:mj_zivili:

The Old Tolbooth
That was after being on the lash since the thursday evening, some of us done the full weekend beano:mj_zivili:

Some of us are getting too old to do the full weekend :confused:

Sandy's jacked it in :(

Cant believe Lyle's just thrown in the towel!

What hole and what score was he on when he quit?

loveofthegame
What hole and what score was he on when he quit?

11 over after the 9th!!

My money's on Westwood each way at 20's and Poulter at 80's e/w (Poulter purely as a very outside bet)

If he makes the cut i'll order in Babycham in readiness;)

Is it still Diet Babycham??

If he makes the cut i'll order in Babycham in readiness;)

Is it still Diet Babycham??

Diet Magners/Bulmers:cool:

I P Knightley
Has he really walked off?

Yup.

Claims that he hurt his fingers after clattering the rough a couple of times:

"I got off to a pretty miserable start and I hit a couple of shots on the third and fourth hole that rattled and numbed my fingers so I thought it would do more harm than good to continue. I've played in arguably worse conditions than this, but the course is so demanding that when you get out of position you're finished - enough is enough."

Shouldn't be invited back next year for that.

I never had him down as a petulant whinger - apart from the time he came back from the Masters to find his wife getting her hole, but then he had good cause.

'mon the Rose, get your act together. Hang in there.

Weather forecast says the afternoon starters will have a better time of it.

I P Knightley

Quick, quick! Look quick.

Monty's got a share of the lead.

Look quick before it disappears for good...:rolleyes:

I P Knightley

JOHN DALY

22 stone of him, alkie, serial divorcee, 2 years of injury (some of it possibly related to point 1) and there he is in a tie with Harrington, Els & Montgomerie with the third best score so far...

Goosen going well, playing some solid stuff.

Indeed, monty just popped in a 2 @ the 12th to get back to +3.

Ive got a 10er e/w on Jimenez at 33s.

Will probably have another bet at one point over the last two rounds if Jimenez isnt in the running.

Carl Spackler
JOHN DALY

22 stone of him, alkie, serial divorcee, 2 years of injury (some of it possibly related to point 1) and there he is in a tie with Harrington, Els & Montgomerie with the third best score so far...

Go on yersel John!

He says he's off the grog but can't get enough of the burgers now apparantly!

I've back big Ernie and Adam Scott for the tournament. Modest sums only.

Who is your money?

I think I've let the heart rule the wallet.

Monty, Westwood and Goosen:confused:

the goosen bet looks good so far..its just a shame the conditions are easing up now otherwise he'd probably be overnight leader...monty looks like hes playing quite good here hopefully he can hang in for the last few holes 3over will leave him in contention

I P Knightley
Go on yersel John!

He says he's off the grog but can't get enough of the burgers now apparantly!

I've back big Ernie and Adam Scott for the tournament. Modest sums only.

I think he admits to having a 'modest' amount of grog but, true to form - as soon as I draw attention to him, BFJD drops to a big number over.

Ernie's looking a bit forlorn but Adam Scott's a guy I've had my eye (and a few quid) on over the years. This year, he's looking to fulfil some promise so where do I put my money?

That's right. NOT on Adam Scott.

Looks like conditions are getting a little less hostile - scores likely to come down a little bit. Possibly good news for Sergio fans - especially as he has a game that's suited to the windy conditions.

Back to work - interspersed with live video feed from the Open...

I P Knightley

BBC sports website has frozen with a headline on the main page saying that David Weir is joint leader in the clubhouse...

Pete Seeger
'mon the Boab Karlsson (again)!

Did him and Owen Wilson e/w

I've got a fiver on Boab at 50/1

Sandy must have claimed some kind of medical issue with the rapped fingers surely ?...........cant see the R&A being too pleased about him just throwing the towel in cos he's playing pants ?

I P Knightley
Sandy must have claimed some kind of medical issue with the rapped fingers surely ?...........cant see the R&A being too pleased about him just throwing the towel in cos he's playing pants ?

Comments in the sports news this morning that they're not too chuffed about him walking off. Also adverse comments from the guy who was next reserve to play should there have been any call offs - he'd have stuck it out for 18 holes, for sure!

Sandy's not claiming injury. He just wasn't enjoying himself.

They reckon he's blown his chances of captaining the Ryder Cup thanks to that little tantrum and he deserves it.

Anyway - Greg Norman at the top of the board and safely in from the elements which are starting to whip up a storm. Bad luck for those with morning tee times yesterday and teeing off about now today. There'll be one or two failing to make the cut simply because of the 'luck of the draw'.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I didn't know that the Great White Shark was boabying Chris Evert. She looks no bad for her age.

Nae wonder Norman never picks up his clubs any more.

I P Knightley
I didn't know that the Great White Shark was boabying Chris Evert. She looks no bad for her age.

Nae wonder Norman never picks up his clubs any more.

When the last Mrs Norman found out, she was none too pleased. Managed to cost Greg a dollar or two.

Between myself and a mate we have ?5 e/w on

Scott (four behind)

Fisher (six behind)

Cabrera (fourteen behind)

Westwood (eight behind)

I think we have a good chance with Scott and Fisher (plenty of golf to play) but Westwood will struggle. Cabrera will be going home tomorrow. What is the cut?

Carl Spackler

Camillo Villegas, 65 with 8 birdies, 5 of them on the last 5 holes. What's going on there? The best anyone else has managed is 3 under.

That's the most amazing thing I've seen a Colombian do since that goalkeeper did the Scorpion Kick.

You can still get 16 to 1 for KJ choi to win it. he looks good right now, and as i write this he's just sunk a big birdie put.

Howdy Lynn, back from your hols?

Hi Cobb! Yes! Just got in last night after a 24 hour trip back over the pond. Never saw a computer or news for a week. Thank gawd we'd got a *manager* in place. Only time will tell how good he is right enough. Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Lynn...who's had a few sake's and is on the red wine she pinched from the plane now! LOL!

Carl Spackler
You can still get 16 to 1 for KJ choi to win it. he looks good right now, and as i write this he's just sunk a big birdie put.

He does look steady. Him, McDowell and Norman look the steadiest overall so far. I'm sure most folk will be using it but this is good for studying the form if you are doing a bit of betting in running.

http://scoring.opengolf.com/flash_console/scoring_console.sps

chester copperpot
He does look steady. Him, McDowell and Norman look the steadiest overall so far. I'm sure most folk will be using it but this is good for studying the form if you are doing a bit of betting in running.

http://scoring.opengolf.com/flash_console/scoring_console.sps

Missed the first 2 days, hopefully keeps the same weather, as the cream will rise to the top in this sort of stuff.

Glad i took him at 16s when i did, hour and a half later he's down to 8s

chester copperpot
Glad i took him at 16s when i did, hour and a half later he's down to 8s

If it fairs up, I think Adam Scott still has a great shout.

If it fairs up, I think Adam Scott still has a great shout.

they just said there might 50miles per hour winds tomorrow, so it will continue to be the guy who plays safe sensible golf that wins it i think...KJ :dribble:

chester copperpot
they just said there might 50miles per hour winds tomorrow, so it will continue to be the guy who plays safe sensible golf that wins it i think...KJ :dribble:

Edit - Better retract that last point, although it was only a joke.

Scott to win, that's who I'm on. (?2).

Never back a nation that eats dogs. That's always been good advice for me TBH.

Just kidding btw.

:eek::P

Fat Striker

Put ?2.50 e/w on Choi before the tournament started at 100/1.

Based purely on the fact that I got a run for my money on him at last years Open.

Long way to go but come on K.J!!!!

Also got ?2.50 e/w on Rose at 28/1.

Edit - Better retract that last point, although it was only a joke.

Scott to win, that's who I'm on. (?2).

Chester on another thread.....

I never bet on golf, but think another Yank will win it. Dunno who though.

???????

Archived