Champions League 2023/24

The Ultimate Worrier

Seaside Dave
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

He should be getting a yellow for diving ffs :rofl:

He kicks the goalkeeper to make sure there is contact.  Out and out cheating. He should have just waited to be wiped out legitimately and just getting on with playing the ball in case the contact doesn't come. 

Penalty 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• neilnunb

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VALDOS'
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I think Arsenal can be quite confident going into the second leg. 

I think they will be confident, but i just think going the the Allianz having to win, will be a step too far, but you never know 

1971fozzy
Just now, Seaside Dave said:

Penalty 

never. Thing is he didn’t need to go down. 

Arthur Morgan
Just now, Seaside Dave said:

Penalty 

It's not. I actually think divers should be red carded. 

tian447
4 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Penalty 

Standard English player diving and cheating. 

See if they just got on with the bloody football, instead of playing silly little games and trying to con the referee into gifting them chances to score, they would be half decent.  But instead of just trying to actually get the ball into the back of the net, they are far happier to throw themselves down and roll around crying. 

You, as an Arsenal fan, should be absolutely ****ing raging with Saka for pissing such a massive chance up the wall, not shouting for a penalty. 

Edited by tian447

That was the most ridiculous penalty decision I've seen since Andy Davis, Saka ran into Neuer. Unbelievable, you'd think it was fixed or something. 🙄

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Saka now too. 

There was actually contact there, whether Saka initiated it is the question. 

Sooperstar
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was actually contact there, whether Saka initiated it is the question. 

There isn't any question. He did. 

Pasquale for King

I still think Arsenal could go through, playing on the break will suit them and Bayern are vulnerable defensively. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

There isn't any question. He did. 

Yeah, shows everyone sees the same incident differently as the comments above prove. 

1971fozzy

Bayern will take them at home no problem . I’d actually want Arsenal to win it but that was ridiculous from Saka who is an amazing player and didn’t need to do that 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

But...

Harold again.

Again what, he done practically nothing the whole game apart from elbowing Gabriel.

Certainly not getting a CL medal this season. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Again what, he done practically nothing the whole game apart from elbowing Gabriel.

Certainly not getting a CL medal this season. 

Apart from scoring again?

How do you know he’s not getting a CL medal, PfK?

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Bayern will take them at home no problem . I’d actually want Arsenal to win it but that was ridiculous from Saka who is an amazing player and didn’t need to do that 

I agree, Foz.

And, yes, Saka was completely out of order with that.  👍

42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Rio and Keown are insufferable. 

Aren't they both ex Gooners?

2205ian

How did Arsenal defender get away with the handball. Ref blows for play to restart, goalie plays ball to defender on 6 yard box & he picks the ball up. Defender then replaces ball & passes to the goalie.

Champions League QF or not, it’s a penalty all day long.

Arthur Morgan

They just showed that Bayern should have had another pen. Gabriel picked the ball up in the box when it was in play. Ref admitted his mistake to Tuchel.

Arthur Morgan

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

How did Arsenal defender get away with the handball. Ref blows for play to restart, goalie plays ball to defender on 6 yard box & he picks the ball up. Defender then replaces ball & passes to the goalie.

Beat me to it 😅

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Apart from scoring again?

How do you know he’s not getting a CL medal, PfK?

Good penalty, done absolutely nothing else of note. Another season without a medal unless hes going to the Olympics after the Euros 🏊🏾😜
No way Bayern are winning the CL, they’ll be lucky to get past Arsenal next week. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, RENE said:

Aren't they both ex Gooners?

Ferdinand isn’t, landaner bruv. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Thats a terrible gaffe, why didn’t VAR get involved 🤔🙄?!?!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Since when did a attacker that wins the ball need to make an effort to miss the late tackle?

New rule?

colinmaroon
31 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Should get booked for kicking the keeper. 

YES!!!

Ron Burgundy

Shows the mentality of modern day footballers. Their first instinct is to cheat  and throw themselves to the ground rather than actually score.

Anyone who thinks that is a penalty is part of the problem IMO.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ferdinand isn’t, landaner bruv. 

Yeah just remembered think it was campbell that went from Spurs to Arsenal.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RENE said:

Yeah just remembered think it was campbell that went from Spurs to Arsenal.

He did indeed 

Madrid City was a great game. Looking forward to the return leg

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Madrid City was a great game. Looking forward to the return leg

I think City will do what’s required at home, especially if DeBruyne and Walker are back. 

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Shows the mentality of modern day footballers. Their first instinct is to cheat  and throw themselves to the ground rather than actually score.

Anyone who thinks that is a penalty is part of the problem IMO.

Agreed. It started a a foreign import but now British players are doing it and have been for some time. I would personally fine my players for disrespecting the game if I was a manager. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think City will do what’s required at home, especially if DeBruyne and Walker are back. 

Years ago my default position was to want every English team to get beat. Now I just like to watch great football and may the best team win. Still hope it's Madrid though 🙂🙂

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Years ago my default position was to want every English team to get beat. Now I just like to watch great football and may the best team win. Still hope it's Madrid though 🙂🙂

Yeah I’m the same. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Agreed. It started a a foreign import but now British players are doing it and have been for some time. I would personally fine my players for disrespecting the game if I was a manager. 

Thats not quite true, Rodney Marsh was doing it in the 60s and John MacDonald at Rangers was at it in the 70s, followed by many others. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thats not quite true, Rodney Marsh was doing it in the 60s and John MacDonald at Rangers was at it in the 70s, followed by many others. 

Perhaps but as a general sporting culture issue it is unfortunately the norm in southern Europe. They are all pansies and con artists from the games I've watched there. It is really embarrassing. Generally, our game was mostly free of this but the fact that we have so many players from these cultures here unfortunately it has penetrated the decency and sportsmanship of our game.

I would honestly ban players who are caught diving. With VAR, even after the fact, I'd give them a 1 game ban for diving. Repeat offenders will get more.

I commented on a BBC article about the CL games saying that "Saka should be ashamed of himself" and they have removed it for violating their "house rule" for being off-topic. Hardly off-topic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.09f94c96cd515dc90112989096ae020a.jpeg

Edited by JJ93

Fozzyonthefence
15 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Can't believe ref hasn't gave that. Most blatant cheating you'll see 

ftfy 

Are you as blind and biased when it comes to Hearts?!

briever
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

That cheating hun John MacDonald was doing it week in week out 45yrs ago

briever
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Perhaps but as a general sporting culture issue it is unfortunately the norm in southern Europe. They are all pansies and con artists from the games I've watched there. It is really embarrassing. Generally, our game was mostly free of this but the fact that we have so many players from these cultures here unfortunately it has penetrated the decency and sportsmanship of our game.

I would honestly ban players who are caught diving. With VAR, even after the fact, I'd give them a 1 game ban for diving. Repeat offenders will get more.

Culturally it's now part of the game - it will never change.  If you want to see how endemic cheating is in fitba - watch a player head the ball out for a throw in and stick his hand up asking for the throw.

Its the nature of professional sport with so much money at stake.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

In the NBA, players who are caught 'flopping' the American term for diving get heavily fined and I think suspended as you say. Unsurprisingly, since this rule was brought in, barely anybody does it.

briever
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

In the NBA, players who are caught 'flopping' the American term for diving get heavily fined and I think suspended as you say. Unsurprisingly, since this rule was brought in, barely anybody does it.

Its more noticeable in NBA is its theoretically a non contact sport.

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, briever said:

Its more noticeable in NBA is its theoretically a non contact sport.

In theory yeah, but if you watch it they're constantly banging into each other. It's a lot more physical than people think.

On that basis though, you can notice when someone dives in football. VAR if used correctly should be able to intervene on diving. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

John MacDonald used dive in the box when the huns were the warming up.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

John MacDonald used dive in the box when the huns were the warming up.

Exactly, so the whole foreign players bringing it with them is wrong. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, so the whole foreign players bringing it with them is wrong. 

👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, briever said:

Culturally it's now part of the game - it will never change.  If you want to see how endemic cheating is in fitba - watch a player head the ball out for a throw in and stick his hand up asking for the throw.

Its the nature of professional sport with so much money at stake.

Exactly, a defender holding someone up or getting away with stuff is congratulated but initiating contact is a banning offence. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Its 2024 ffs, pansies? You clearly don’t remember con artists like Roy Aitken, Alex Mcleish,Willie Miller, Ally McCoist etc who all used various types of the dark arts to cheat their way to success. 
Unfortunately for dinosaurs like yourself the world and football has changed, and moved on. Its the norm now for most players to go over with or without contact and the ref has to make the judgement of who was in the wrong, even with VAR they still get it wrong sometimes unfortunately. Its no worse than defenders pulling and pushing players or wasting time. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its 2024 ffs, pansies? You clearly don’t remember con artists like Roy Aitken, Alex Mcleish,Willie Miller, Ally McCoist etc who all used various types of the dark arts to cheat their way to success. 
Unfortunately for dinosaurs like yourself the world and football has changed, and moved on. Its the norm now for most players to go over with or without contact and the ref has to make the judgement of who was in the wrong, even with VAR they still get it wrong sometimes unfortunately. Its no worse than defenders pulling and pushing players or wasting time. 

Dinosaurs? I am 30 years old.