***Official Heart of Midlothian v PAOK Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

PAOK will maybe scrape out the groups no threat to the big boys in this competition. Not a very good side. 

We almost reached the semis two years ago, but ok.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• OTT

• Bongo 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, A_Greek said:

Σουληκακι αδερφε?

Μεγάλος αδερφός! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Out of interest we are getting the biggest spanking (at 4-0) on the night in the Conference games - do we have the biggest financial gulf in our game? 

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yep. Normally when we play in Europe there is a bit of a rapport built, but these guys are just classless a-holes. Having to warn our fans that if they wear colours they are at risk of attack shows how scummy they are. Normally I hope the teams we go out to go on and do well, but hopefully they hammered at every turn.

This is their owner entering the pitch when they are losing. this is real.

19458914-2630-11e8-acc5-262aff1ca7a6.jpg

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Wilder wouldn't tolerate project players like Nieuwenhof or that midfield.

We wanted another yes man.

I'm genuinely feeling sad because we've ****ed this appointment. We cast the net about as far out as curb and seem to be surprised we've got the same results. 

The board have dropped the ball here, I think that much is clear. 

Our money is being wasted on just bad decisions constantly. 

Can the scummy Greeks get booted from the board now mods? They can go back to threatening any visitor to their city who dares to wear football colours.

coatbridgejambo
Just now, Imaman said:

Passports back in the drawer till next year🤞

Wouldn't be on that

3 minutes ago, reaper said:

Δεν είμαι μπουλάγρης, συγγνώμη.

Είμαι ένα μεγάλο αγόρι της καρδιάς!

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Going to keep saying this, but a back 3 of Sibbick, Kent & Kingsley has potential. Sibbick and Kingsley both capable of playing the ball out of defence. 

We don't have very many midfielders, so could we get away with a 343 ? Reduce the number of midfielders we need and just try and play to our strengths ? 

Think a big thing we had under Neilsons first season back in the prem was we had Soutter, Halkett and Kingsley as a back 3.

2 of the 3 defenders could walk up to half way and look to thread passes through teams that sat in against us. 

Gave Benni and the other midfield mote space.

Just now, AndyNic said:

You're taking the piss.

Brave prepared to take players on.

Give me a front free of

Oda Tagawa Vargas 

Over Boyce and Shankland every time.

Teams have never had it so easy.

Thank god that is over. 

Now, if we could admit Rowles is finished, and that we desperately need a midfielder, that would be a good starting point to recover from this shit show. 

Our defence is shocking. Rowles is just terrible and hasn’t improved in the slightest. Still bullied by every opponent and can’t handle a simple ball over the top. Atkinson has no clue how to defend either. And we desperately need a decent midfielder. Could be a long season.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Quite glad I turned it off.

Back to the bread and butter this weekend. No excuses.

Oh the excuses will come.We looked jaded after a home game how the **** will we be coming back from a spanking in 30c heat

Deep breath needed here.  A complete review of the Football side of things is needed. I have no doubt that there was a ig gulf in class tonight. A financial gulf as well.  What worries me is the commitment to the cause by some.  A few were like rabbits caught in the headlights,

SectionDJambo

Disappointing as this is, it wasn’t unexpected. Our away record in Scotland is horrific, so winning this tie in Greece was never going to happen. There are better ways to lose, though.

What we need now is for Naismith to settle for a team that he thinks will win games ongoing. No further multiple changes. Anyone not playing has to wait until injury or individual poor performance gives them a chance.

The pressure is now firmly on him to get this team playing with confidence and purpose. He, in turn, has to put pressure on our players to perform or they are out of the team for a long while.

Just now, Portable Badger said:

2-0 sheep losing

As I keep saying throughout this thread typical Scottish performance in Europe

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Brave prepared to take players on.

Give me a front free of

Oda Tagawa Vargas 

Over Boyce and Shankland every time.

Teams have never had it so easy.

Thinks Stendel is amazing. Doesn't rate Shankland. Genuinely, has there been a more clueless poster in all of kickback history?

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm going by what I've saw elsewhere. 

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Not trying to mislead anyone. 

TBH 200k sounds more realistic, we might actually be able to do something with 950k, whereas 200k about keeps the lights on. 

@OTT

Just checked at the final whistle, and has been updated instantly. Bang on pal 👍🏻

76676397-3E28-49C2-A291-04E2E4596BCE.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

But he's not solely to blame either, however he's arch enemy now.

Because he's utter shite. A stronger CB prevents them scoring at least 2 goals.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Well done Paok playing with pace caused us problems,while playing with Boyce and Shankland gave you an easy night.

You’re like a stuck record, you do realise your tactical genius is regarded as a joke by pretty much everyone on this board? 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm genuinely feeling sad because we've ****ed this appointment. We cast the net about as far out as curb and seem to be surprised we've got the same results. 

Correct mate. It's the chance to reset and change things. Maybe they were duped by the Naisyball of last season?

It's completely disappeared. He installed a vision for a few games that we all got behind and over the course of a pre season it's been neither built on or recruited for.

Bizarre.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Surely not.

I've said before but I don't understand why we can't just use the normal process to recruit a manager 

Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Think a big thing we had under Neilsons first season back in the prem was we had Soutter, Halkett and Kingsley as a back 3.

2 of the 3 defenders could walk up to half way and look to thread passes through teams that sat in against us. 

Gave Benni and the other midfield mote space.

I'd back Sibbick to do that though. Souttar was a very special player, and yes Toby doesn't have the defensive nous that Souttar did, but I think he's good enough on the ball to offer us that outlet, which in a team struggling for positives, I think is something we should be looking to get back into the team. Sibbick and Kingsley with Kent in the middle to focus on defending, I think would be a huge improvement. 

The other thing is that Akinson and Cochrane are both not good defensively. Cochrane has been sent off multiple times for getting wrong sided and ****ing it up. Atkinson is just a woeful defender. 

Our best team IMO involves a back 3 and wingbacks. We've not moved far enough away from Robbies team, so we're still fitting into that formation better than not unfortunately. 

It also gets Rowles out the team, which based on the last fortnight should have us rejoicing. 

Just now, Tazio said:

You’re like a stuck record, you do realise your tactical genius is regarded as a joke by pretty much everyone on this board? 

don't get hooked mate

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Our midfield is shite even by SPFL standards, in Europe it is lost.

Need to get back on the wagon and get teh business done domestically.

Same rabids in early doors abusing posters, players and managers tho.

Aye but can you explain why telling it like it is makes you a hibbie and so on? The truth is the club have made a massive mistake and some on here can see this and are venting... why shouldn't they it is a HEARTS fans forum why can they not say the club has made a mistake? I have been watching Hearts since 1963 and just because I tell it like it is I am a hibbie and a hypocrite.  The truth is we are no better here than under RN... have I said something wrong or told the truth? I blamed the players collectively last season for downing tools ...was I wrong? I have never ever blamed individual players for being not fit for Hearts but I do know when players are not trying. I have made many many posts on this site analyse them and say anything I have said in any post has actually been anti Hearts.

Dislike PAOK obviously. However, Hearts were far weaker. PAOK has better players, has more fans, from a bigger city, larger stadium etc etc. 

I joined years ago when you guys got Karipidis. BTW, you can pick up players like that, better in fact, far cheaper than your Australian contingent. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I don't care.