PAOK away travel thread

sprinbox98

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Got a flight booked from Gatwick at 5.45 am on 31st. Not coming back directly so will take my time. Nice hotel in Thessaloniki too - Lazart. Biggest problem might be getting a ticket for the game as I have few loyalty points living in Leeds. Flight £73. Hotel £300 for three nights.

Most likely straight public sale for away tickets

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

• GreekVirus

• gorgierulesapply88

9 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Cost me 1600 odds for 2 adults from turnhouse return, price jumped by 300 by the time of completion 

Turnhouse eh? You going on a Comet on BOAC ? Lol

So Jet2 decided to cancel my flight from Rome to Manchester! No explanation, nothing, anyone else had this issue? Can't even get through on the phone. Now can't get a refund on my first connecting flight from Greece to Rome! Managed to book the last seat on a flight from Greece to Manchester but surely the airlines can't do that and leave you out of pocket?

1 minute ago, bigdav said:

Turnhouse eh? You going on a Comet on BOAC ? Lol

Good one 😄. Those were the days, sitting as a bairn choking on my mums cigarette smoke.

What have people booked as a route home? Really toiling to find something. Got a route for going out but struggling to find a way home 

7 minutes ago, caveman said:

Wouldn’t expect scenes like this against Hearts

Ah that explains why the stadium has no roof 🤪

Dagger Is Back
11 minutes ago, caveman said:

Wouldn’t expect scenes like this against Hearts

And we’re expecting a fine for last nights fiats or whatever the hell it is?

We deserve to be fined but by Christ what kind of fines are these guys paying?

26 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

No chance of a charter ? 

Probably to short notice.  Availability of aircraft at this time of year not great either. 

Midloth_Iain
13 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

What have people booked as a route home? Really toiling to find something. Got a route for going out but struggling to find a way home 

Still summer season throughout the med .....

Unfortunately that means extortionate return flights.

Our Gatwick flights were £62 out & £320 back.

Found one cheaper option but involved an overnight stay in Berlin airport (Thessa > Berlin > Edin)

30 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

And we’re expecting a fine for last nights fiats or whatever the hell it is?

We deserve to be fined but by Christ what kind of fines are these guys paying?

The fans got banned from entering the stadium after that incident if I remember correctly, only for 6 months or so. It's way calmer now.. 
I know locals who won’t take kids or the elderly to big games

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Nice article. A lot of our former players seem to retain affection for the club. In the Jeffries era (see "Reminiscing with Legends" about the 98 cup winners and even as here from the mad Vlad years.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

No chance of a charter ? 

You would think that as one of our main sponsors is a holiday company that they could try to get something arranged 

Heartsmad1874
52 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Can do Edinburgh via Dusseldorf on the Friday or via Dublin on the Saturday, not cheap now though

The Hogfather
58 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

There's currently a flight from Thessaloniki to London on the Saturday for £198. Also a route back to Aberdeen is available but you're in Corfu for the whole day if you leave on the Friday.

Thessaloniki to Dusseldorf on the Friday is £214, with a direct flight back to Edinburgh shortly after for £39 is also an option.

Edited by The Hogfather

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

We've booked a holiday package with Jet2holidays.com

Fly out Thursday from Manchester and back on the Tuesday to Manchester. Roughly £620 each for flights and accommodation (no transfers). There's a few different flight/day options.

39 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You would think that as one of our main sponsors is a holiday company that they could try to get something arranged 

That's a very good point, they could have been working on it since the draw. 

I'm not convinced that the club can really be bothered with a charter.

1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

I’m going from Manchester with easy jet direct. You can do a stopover on way back to Newcastle as well I think. 

Managed to get our travel all sorted but stopping off in a few places because we were too late booking up. Stark contrast to the last round when I booked Rosenborg virtually minutes after they drew Crusaders and was left sweating for 2 weeks 😂 

Flying out to Switzerland Wednesday morning then onto Greece on the Thursday and home on the Friday night with a few stops in Germany. Can’t wait now ☀️ 

4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Loved him when he was here. 

I still have my shirt with Karipidis 5 hanging up in the back of the wardrobe. Doubt it will fit anymore though :lol:

£430 all in booked straight after game last night. Had free cancellation on apartment so only had to worry about flights. (Tue-Fri)

13 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Aristotle sq looks the one. Right next to the water

2 minute walk from the hotel we booked so I hope so 🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

10 minutes from me looks a good part of the city.

Booked flights on the Tuesday going from Edinburgh via Birmingham on the way there and Frankfurt on the way back on the Friday. 

Bit of a faff, but the timing of flights are decent. Will be my sons first Hearts Euro trip - he's already buzzing for it! 

ScandinavianJambo
7 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

https://youtu.be/Yps9CpRGpGg

YouTube video of PAOK fans, it looks awesome and terrifying, would be a brilliant experience 

Indeed. However, I wonder how e will police them over here. In Europe it isn't unusual to have netting around the ultras. 

Do we know how many might be coming?

12 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Indeed. However, I wonder how e will police them over here. In Europe it isn't unusual to have netting around the ultras. 

Do we know how many might be coming?

Cant see many coming with such short notice and lack of hotels 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, ecky92 said:

Aristotle sq looks the one. Right next to the water

55 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Looks good. 15 mins from ours.👍

Bit smaller than Istanbul 😄

ScandinavianJambo
11 minutes ago, theshed said:

Cant see many coming with such short notice and lack of hotels 

Here is for hoping! 

9 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Here is for hoping! 

Festival is on and Aston Villa fans going to be staying in town the night before. Wouldn’t like to be them forking out the prices for hotel rooms next week!

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Feel a bit for fans coming over when festival is on prices are ridiculous. 

Didn't Zurich fans come on a bus and didn't stay over? Obviously easier somewhat to drive from Switzerland than Greece i'm sure.

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Feck em, shafting being carried out all over the world, my pips are still squeaking from my latest holiday...:biggrin:

Likely to be mid 30s in Greece. We'll be struggling in that heat. It's absolutely essential to get a good result at Tynecastle in the first leg.

Edited by Ray Gin

5 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Is anyone else on 6.05am flight out from Manchester on the Wednesday? 

I’m on that flight, 18:12 train down Tuesday night

Just now, Tull1874 said:

I’m on that flight, 18:12 train down Tuesday night

Nice one see you in the bar! 

8 hours ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Cost me 1600 odds for 2 adults from turnhouse return, price jumped by 300 by the time of completion 

Jeeez!!!! I'm hoping that you're gonna have a bit of a holiday as well. That sounds horrific.

Ps ... please tell us that you're going 1st class. 😁

Thessaloniki looks a beautiful place, would be an awesome euro trip, was In Greece last year, visited Athens and Santorini, stunning place, must be very hot there right now.

Edited by gregzy2k7

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Probably worth a thread on its own.

You'd think that the club would at least anticipate and have something lined up at a decent price.

But ... hey-ho ... I'm sure they've thought of that and it's too awkward to organise.

6 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

We've booked a holiday package with Jet2holidays.com

Fly out Thursday from Manchester and back on the Tuesday to Manchester. Roughly £620 each for flights and accommodation (no transfers). There's a few different flight/day options.

Good thinking.

A holiday with a Hearts away game into the bargain.

I may be tempted, although my gal might not be best pleased. 🤭

Seen a few people on Twitter saying they booked a package with loveholidays (our sponsor) who promptly cancelled their flights and asked them to rebook at a much higher price. Chancers. Just a warning for anyone thinking of booking with a 3rd party. Always book directly with the airlines if you can 

Diadora Van Basten

That’s me booked again after my previous booking cancelled.

Now going Birmingham to Thessaloniki on the Tuesday and flying back from Sofia on the Saturday both direct flights.

42 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That’s me booked again after my previous booking cancelled.

Now going Birmingham to Thessaloniki on the Tuesday and flying back from Sofia on the Saturday both direct flights.

how are you getting to Sofia?

5 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Prices last season away were ridiculous 

• davemclaren changed the title to PAOK away travel thread
  • davemclaren locked this topic