PAOK away travel thread

sprinbox98

By the way, all this time I'm here and talking to you guys, did it even come to your mind that I'm 15 years old? πŸ˜…. A lot of people say I'm too mature for my age so that's why I'm asking.Β 

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

• GreekVirus

• gorgierulesapply88

2 minutes ago, GreekVirus said:

By the way, all this time I'm here and talking to you guys, did it even come to your mind that I'm 15 years old? πŸ˜…. A lot of people say I'm too mature for my age so that's why I'm asking.Β 

Β 

15?Β  I had you down as about 12. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

10 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I thought it was flags that were tied to the fence at the front at the ground that went missing. Glad the flag got returned.

There were no flags allowed on the fence. All flags were draped over a section of the seats right beside the entrance/exit.

Β 

I actually thought the PAOK fans I met before and after the game were decent. Even to the extent of wishing us good luck at the game. Can honestly say I never encountered their ultras though. After the game had finished, their players did a full lap of honour to great applause by the home support. As they walked around the ground towards the away end where all the the Hearts fans were, we joined in the applause and gave the PAOK players a standing ovation. This in turn made the PAOK fans stand and applaud us and then a few of the fans swapped scarves through the fence.
Β 

It was definitely not as bad as things were made out to be albeit a few isolated incidents occurred. I would like to add that when PAOK play the sheep then I’ll be a full on PAOK fan for the two games.Β 

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Β 

Much rather foreign football team fans where here than leith scabs and those rebel dogs and the sheep that's for sureΒ 

Β 

Me too. May I also add the rancid, dead-club zombie HUNS to this list. 😊

5 hours ago, GreekVirus said:

Girls grow up quicker than boys do!

9 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Our name is Heart of Midlothian, our nicknames are Hearts, the Jam Tarts, or the maroons.

F knows where jambos came from.

I think (before my time) that Jambos came from Rambo Jambo which wasn’t a very nice way of describing our style of play but I’ve had a busy day, including lots of gardening and beer in a very hot Midlothian sun so could be talking pishπŸ˜€

1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

I think (before my time) that Jambos came from Rambo Jambo which wasn’t a very nice way of describing our style of play but I’ve had a busy day, including lots of gardening and beer in a very hot Midlothian sun so could be talking pishπŸ˜€

Β 

Heard more than once that Jambos was a term that was introduced by our wee neighbours down the walk.Β 

1 hour ago, GreekVirus said:

So you guys don't even know what your nickname means πŸ˜…Β 

It means 5-1 and 22 in a row, you Hibs ****

22 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

It means 5-1 and 22 in a row, you Hibs ****

huh? I'm a PAOK fan and I'm just wondering what your nickname β€œJambos” means.Β 

39 minutes ago, GreekVirus said:

huh? I'm a PAOK fan and I'm just wondering what your nickname β€œJambos” means.Β 

Been following hearts since early 60's when we were known as the jamtarts,which obviously rhymes with hearts and a jamtart is a biscuit with a heart shape in the middle,the term jambo, I think just sort of crept up on us,and is fine with our support

Perth to Paisley

I personally dislike it and never ever use it as a descriptor!

In her book '1979'Β  Val McDermid uses the term but I thought it started much later than that.

Β 

Her research is usually very good though

Edited by Perth to Paisley

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

There were no flags allowed on the fence. All flags were draped over a section of the seats right beside the entrance/exit.

Β 

I actually thought the PAOK fans I met before and after the game were decent. Even to the extent of wishing us good luck at the game. Can honestly say I never encountered their ultras though. After the game had finished, their players did a full lap of honour to great applause by the home support. As they walked around the ground towards the away end where all the the Hearts fans were, we joined in the applause and gave the PAOK players a standing ovation. This in turn made the PAOK fans stand and applaud us and then a few of the fans swapped scarves through the fence.
Β 

It was definitely not as bad as things were made out to be albeit a few isolated incidents occurred. I would like to add that when PAOK play the sheep then I’ll be a full on PAOK fan for the two games.Β 

All PAOK fans i met were great with us and couldnt have been friendlier.

1 hour ago, Nik5122 said:

Been following hearts since early 60's when we were known as the jamtarts,which obviously rhymes with hearts and a jamtart is a biscuit with a heart shape in the middle,the term jambo, I think just sort of crept up on us,and is fine with our support

Ahh thanks, that's quite interesting and funny as well. Thank you for explaining like a human being instead of cursing me like some other people here. Cheers

5 minutes ago, GreekVirus said:

Ahh thanks, that's quite interesting and funny as well. Thank you for explaining like a human being instead of cursing me like some other people here. Cheers

Β 

A jam tart.

Β 

Jam-tarts-02wp.webp

2 hours ago, GreekVirus said:

No, you were mocking the people who didn't know.Β 

Β 

Blatantly a troll.Β 

33 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Β 

A jam tart.

Β 

Jam-tarts-02wp.webp

Ohhh I've seen those before but they didn't have a heart in the middle, they are a delicious snack

14 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

No, you were mocking the people who didn't know.Β 

Β 

Blatantly a troll.Β 

No I wasn't

12 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I actually thought it was from the cockney rhyming jam tarts and that jambos are just a continuation of sort for a Hearts supporter,! ie a jambo is a follower of the jam tarts. That’s my assumption anyway.Β 
Β 

No idea of it’s origin though as I’ve always referred to myself as a jambo and just aligned it with our jam tarts nickname.Β 

• davemclaren locked this topic