Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Robbie was appointed post administration, post near death, so what options did we really have, especially in the Championship?

You’ve answered your own question there. How can you rate a rookie? You can’t. So on what basis have we given him the job? By your own admission, it’s a punt and people are entitled to be unhappy with that being the limit of the board’s ability to appoint.

I’ve no idea who applied for the job post admin so I don’t know what options we had.  I very much doubt Robbie was the best option in the eyes of the Board at the time but he was probably the cheapest.  I was, however, happy to give him time to see what he could do as I am with Naismith.  

Regarding rating a rookie I only brought that up because you were the one who mentioned “rate” rather than “like”.  Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind that you don’t rate him though, despite what you said. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve no idea who applied for the job post admin so I don’t know what options we had.  I very much doubt Robbie was the best option in the eyes of the Board at the time but he was probably the cheapest.  I was, however, happy to give him time to see what he could do as I am with Naismith.  

Regarding rating a rookie I only brought that up because you were the one who mentioned “rate” rather than “like”.  Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind that you don’t rate him though, despite what you said. 

I don’t rate him because saying I do would be based on nothing. He has no track record.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t rate him because saying I do would be based on nothing. He has no track record.

I think you’re meaning you can’t rate him rather than you don’t rate him?  Normally when someone doesn’t rate someone it means they think they’re shite which would be a contradiction to what I think you’re trying to say.  He does have a track record of sorts now though, he’s had 14 games. 

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It was 0-0 before he put the subs on. 

Taking Sibbick off (who had put Oda clean through on goal), and keeping Denholm on (who gave the goal away) was a masterpiece. 

I don't agree with a lot of your points, but I've already posted that it shouuld've been Sibbick stays, Denholm off

Toby's enormously experienced in comparison and a much better player

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, gorgieshuffle said:

Frankie Kent pretty much makes a mockery of our recruitment strategy. A player from Peterborough improves us. There’s always a place for a Vargas type signing but in the main it should be players who have experience in the British game that can improve our starting team immediately. 

FK played in the championship for a full season the season before last and got the posh to the brink of promotion again last season, don't know if he was involved in the earlier promotion, maybe somebody here does?

A championship level CB and a very good player; great signing

-

Arthur Morgan
On 29/08/2023 at 22:59, Famous 1874 said:

Jury out for me, with the biggest worry being the contrast between the tail end of last season and this season, and the style of play in reality vs the style that Naismith & co promised.

Games Naisy & Co have been in charge:

Hibs (A) - murder but he only got the job on the week of the game so not to be blamed imo. Players shitebags.

Ross County (H) - humped a really poor Ross County side 6-1. The style I expected to see more of this season. Plenty of pressure and shots on goal. 

Celtic (H) - actually played pretty well for the first 30 mins until Cochrane was incorrectly dismissed. Uphill task after that. 

St Mirren (A) - murder again but in fairness salvaged a pretty good

point considering we also went down to 10 men. Yet again an incorrect red card. First half a disgrace (this becomes a theme). Slow and backwards. No visibility of pressing or attacking football. Got the finger out late on. 

Aberdeen (H) - absolutely battered them and 2-1 massively flattered them. Very strong performance and how I expected us to play this season. Loads of shots, lots of pressure and once again a set piece goal conceded.  

Rangers (A) - any point at Ibrox is a good point. Context probably key as they didn’t look that arsed but not something to moan about. Ultimately needed all 3 points but our season wasn’t defined by us not winning at Ibrox.

Hibs (H) - a great point in the circumstances (Cochrane selling the jerseys). Stopped Hibs leapfrogging us on the final day. 

St Johnstone (A) - yet again a brutal first half and thankfully they were utter shite that day but can’t complain with 3 points at a ground we are terrible at. Battered them in the second half. No real signs of a high pressing game though. Tactics and personnel all wrong in the first half. Midfield 3 in particular with zero balance. 

Rosenborg (A) - another dreadful first half coupled with a ridiculous decision to start Beni in a crucial away European tie after 16 months out. Mental. Rattled them once we scored but it was all too safe, slow and predictable.

Killie (H) - ran out of ideas pretty quickly. Should have lost the match. Brutal 90 minutes. Bullied by them. No high pressing style or attacking play on show.

Rosenborg (H) - got the finger out for the massive European night. Great win despite conceding early yet again. Fortunate goal at the end but we deserved it. Still not massively attacking or high pressing but in the circumstances you can understand why. 

Partick Thistle (H) - the jags would have been better off forfeiting the game. Pre season friendly stuff. Men against boys without us having to break sweat. How a difference in league should look. 

PAOK (H) - shot ourselves in the foot (Rowles) after going ahead so early on. 100% a missed opportunity. Not attacking enough and a criminal

goal to concede so late on. Why have we reverted to keeping everyone back from corners in every game this season? Nonsense decision. 

Dundee (A). Battered by a side littered with utter fodder. The accusations of losers, gutless and clueless rightfully being branded. Piss poor first half as per usual. A bright 45-60 minute spell and yet another criminal goal conceded. A few alarming decisions too. Why wasn’t Denholm subbed at Ht. Why did we not start Devlin and Atkinson. 

So overall I’m a bit worried.

We have plenty of central midfielders but they are all either injury prone, shit or unproven excluding Devlin who has his own technical limitations. The fact we’ve had to play Sibbick, Cochrane and young Denholm who is clearly not good enough sums up how weak we are there. Get the cash spent as we have nobody who can pick a forward pass and drive with the ball. 

Supposedly done in the transfer market too despite having some fodder to punt and injuries to contend with (no timelines yet on Beni, Haring or McKay). We also can’t rely on Gordon & Halkett to waltz back in either. Rowles too soft still. Kent has come in and done a very decent job but looks a bit uncomfortable with playing out from the back. Offiah clearly a centre back who is filling in at right back. 

We’ve not got any clear patterns of attacking play. Hopefully Shankland bails us out or one of the wingers does something to create a chance out of nothing. 

We’ve for some reason abandoned keeping players up from corners. I just don’t get it. What’s someone like Oda, Lowry, Vargas, etc going to offer us in our own box? Not much at all. Get 2 of them on either flank on the halfway line ffs. 

Everything is too slow, backwards and predictable. Naismith has reiterated that he wants us to be on the front foot and attacking. Then why does it look like every midfielder has been told to play the ball any direction bar forward. Should fine players for every unnecessary backwards / sideways pass until they get the message. 

Might seem OTT since we are only x number of games into the season but I really did expect a difference in mentality this season. It seems the same mentality that has presided over us for years. Maybe having someone who isn’t promoted internally / is best mate with the chairwoman or CEO will be the only way we eradicate this loser mentality. 

Pretty much spot on for me, unfortunately. The match stats are also starting to look eerily familiar to the games under Robbie. I'm sure I read @Footballfirst saying last season that Naismith played a very similar style to Robbie with the B team. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain he said that.

Unknown user
17 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is it a backwater league though? We're currently ranked around 9th or 10th in UEFA coefficient. Rangers got to the UEFA Europa League final. Celtic are losing players and managers to teams like Arsenal and Spurs. Even Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen are selling young players directly to Serie A clubs now.

I'd say we definitely are. No one knows, or cares, who the Scottish champions are, Scottish football doesn't appear in any foreign papers. Why would it? 

A decade abroad taught me that no one cares, they'll know of the OF and be aware of other names but that's about it.

People aren't into the French or Dutch league, never mind a decades long 2 horse race in a tiny country.

Sad but true.

10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It was 0-0 before he put the subs on. 

Taking Sibbick off (who had put Oda clean through on goal), and keeping Denholm on (who gave the goal away) was a masterpiece. 

You clearly didn't watch the game.

gorgieshuffle
4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

FK played in the championship for a full season the season before last and got the posh to the brink of promotion again last season, don't know if he was involved in the earlier promotion, maybe somebody here does?

A championship level CB and a very good player; great signing

-

Agreed. A great signing and the type of player we should be targeting. Properly identified skill set that improves us. Top League 1 player with Championship experience. That’s my point, we sign projects and punts when Kent is the type of profile we should be recruiting. 

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Pretty much spot on for me, unfortunately. The match stats are also starting to look eerily familiar to the games under Robbie. I'm sure I read @Footballfirst saying last season that Naismith played a very similar style to Robbie with the B team. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain he said that.

My reservations about SN were always about his tactical approach regarding "shape", "keep the ball" and "patience".

I know from speaking to one of the B team parents that FM liked a more direct approach in getting on the front foot, making forward passes and runs and maintaining a higher tempo.

At the end of last season, I thought FMs influence was beginning to show in the first team's approach but that appears to have gone.

6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Everything is too slow, backwards and predictable. Naismith has reiterated that he wants us to be on the front foot and attacking. Then why does it look like every midfielder has been told to play the ball any direction bar forward. Should fine players for every unnecessary backwards / sideways pass until they get the message

I would also add the likes of Oda and Tagawa (pace?) who seemed to have abandoned any notion of trying to go outside their man instead playing it inside or back wards (might be okay if they then made the run in behind but they mostly they stand still after passing).

Ex member of the SaS

Sorry been away for a few day s and still bristling from THAT game. Said before I thought Naismith would do for us, but as things are progressing it appears to be more management by committee. This situation must change, if Naismith can't be full time manager and his own man, then we HAVE to cut our losses and get someone in asap.

We have to get the players moving forward and moving the ball quicker. Whoever is continuing to allow this negative backward play needs to go, if that is Naismith then let's get an experienced manager. If it's Mcavoy then break up this sham system and move forward with or without Naismith in charge.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

My reservations about SN were always about his tactical approach regarding "shape", "keep the ball" and "patience".

I know from speaking to one of the B team parents that FM liked a more direct approach in getting on the front foot, making forward passes and runs and maintaining a higher tempo.

At the end of last season, I thought FMs influence was beginning to show in the first team's approach but that appears to have gone.

Did you not say at one point last season that when SN was away with Scotland, whoever ( possibly McAvoy ) took over, the tempo of our game went up, which go along with what you are saying.

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'd say we definitely are. No one knows, or cares, who the Scottish champions are, Scottish football doesn't appear in any foreign papers. Why would it? 

A decade abroad taught me that no one cares, they'll know of the OF and be aware of other names but that's about it.

People aren't into the French or Dutch league, never mind a decades long 2 horse race in a tiny country.

Sad but true.

When do the Scottish papers have stuff about the Dutch, Italian or French leagues? Hardly makes them backwaters.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When do the Scottish papers have stuff about the Dutch, Italian or French leagues? Hardly makes them backwaters.

They're not, but not being reported + tiny country + 10th in coefficient+ tiny TV deal + shite in Europe, etc.

But check this for backwater - the third biggest club in the country have never even spent a 7 figure transfer fee. The 4th biggest have, but only just, and 3 decades ago.

3 hours ago, feedthefox said:

I would also add the likes of Oda and Tagawa (pace?) who seemed to have abandoned any notion of trying to go outside their man instead playing it inside or back wards (might be okay if they then made the run in behind but they mostly they stand still after passing).

Bang on

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They're not, but not being reported + tiny country + 10th in coefficient+ tiny TV deal + shite in Europe, etc.

But check this for backwater - the third biggest club in the country have never even spent a 7 figure transfer fee. The 4th biggest have, but only just, and 3 decades ago.

10th rated coefficient is evidence that we're not a 'backwater' in my opinion. As are our results against Swiss and Norwegian teams this season. Don't know why folk are so desperate to talk down the Scottish game. A bit embarrassing really.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Did you not say at one point last season that when SN was away with Scotland, whoever ( possibly McAvoy ) took over, the tempo of our game went up, which go along with what you are saying.

When we pumped Ross County 6-1 in our highest tempo game of the season SN was out in the technical area screaming at the back 4 to move the ball quicker even at 6-1.  Pretty sure it was also SN there for the Aberdeen game.  

Was McAvoy even in the dugout for the last 6 games?  I don’t know but probably him and Forrest, along with SN?

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

10th rated coefficient is evidence that we're not a 'backwater' in my opinion. As are our results against Swiss and Norwegian teams this season. Don't know why folk are so desperate to talk down the Scottish game. A bit embarrassing really.

You're too easily embarrassed!

I'm not at all desperate to talk it down, I just disagree with you.

Just now, Smithee said:

You're too easily embarrassed!

I'm not at all desperate to talk it down, I just disagree with you.

We obviously just have very different interpretations of 'backwater'. Radio1 just did a feature on Rangers game last night...

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We obviously just have very different interpretations of 'backwater'. Radio1 just did a feature on Rangers game last night...

Our national broadcaster :laugh2:

Unknown user

No, that would be BBC Scotland...

No, that's a regional channel, like BBC Newcastle or Yorkshire. The BBC are the national broadcaster.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

No, that's a regional channel, like BBC Newcastle or Yorkshire. The BBC are the national broadcaster.

Is Scotland not a nation now? You've gone from talking down our football to talking down our country. All to support a weak argument that we're a backwater of the footballing world. If we're a backwater what the **** are Belarus, Ireland and Iceland ?

16 hours ago, gorgieshuffle said:

Frankie Kent pretty much makes a mockery of our recruitment strategy. A player from Peterborough improves us. There’s always a place for a Vargas type signing but in the main it should be players who have experience in the British game that can improve our starting team immediately. 

A player we signed makes a mockery of our recruitment strategy?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is Scotland not a nation now? You've gone from talking down our football to talking down our country. All to support a weak argument that we're a backwater of the footballing world. If we're a backwater what the **** are Belarus, Ireland and Iceland ?

Now now, no need to start that pish.

BBC Scotland isn't the national broadcaster, the BBC is. License fee goes to the BBC, not to BBC Scotland.

BBC Scotland is a division of the BBC and BBC Radio Scotland is just one of many regional stations.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm not doubting you for a second but it's pretty strange that the bit in bold is pretty much what Naismith was saying when he took over last season.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Now now, no need to start that pish.

BBC Scotland isn't the national broadcaster, the BBC is. License fee goes to the BBC, not to BBC Scotland.

BBC Scotland is a division of the BBC and BBC Radio Scotland is just one of many regional stations.

Listen to Radio1 and tell me it's not completely Anglo centric. I honestly think this is the best place Scotland has been in for a long time in terms of football. National team are flying, players moving directly to Serie A and EPL, Celtic losing their manager to Spurs and now three teams in UEFA group stages in back to back seasons. Absolutely nothing supports the use of the term 'backwater' .

p.s.

BBC Radio Scotland is a Scottish national radio network owned and operated by BBC Scotland, a division of the BBC. It broadcasts a wide variety of programmes.

Unknown user

Listen to Radio1 and tell me it's not completely Anglo centric. I honestly think this is the best place Scotland has been in for a long time in terms of football. National team are flying, players moving directly to Serie A and EPL, Celtic losing their manager to Spurs and now three teams in UEFA group stages in back to back seasons. Absolutely nothing supports the use of the term 'backwater' .

p.s.

BBC Radio Scotland is a Scottish national radio network owned and operated by BBC Scotland, a division of the BBC. It broadcasts a wide variety of programmes.

Yeah, the BBC's still the national broadcaster though!

I get it, we don't agree. A feature on our own national broadcaster isn't proof of big time though ffs :laugh2:

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm not doubting you for a second but it's pretty strange that the bit in bold is pretty much what Naismith was saying when he took over last season.

That was what I hoped would happen and that SN's approach had been dictated by RN and conformity with the first team. 

However, it's increasingly evident to me that recent performances are more in keeping with RN's and the earlier B Team approaches.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Player spending is not an indication of size in this context. WHY would either bigot cheeks spend more than necessary to win the league? Been saying this for years, Take for example Celtic ( no particular reason ) They spend millions on trying to progress in Europe, only to get pumped by huge clubs from England and abroad, that player is basically wasted money in our league so they will only spend enough to A) win our league and B,  try to progress a little further ( by luck ) in Europe. The bigots ( mostly Celtic mind ) also have the big problem of not massively over spending against their rival, as they require the bigotry to continue and should Celtic run away wild with spending Sevco fans won't ever have a chance and will stop going . Thus the money train will stop.

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, the BBC's still the national broadcaster though!

I get it, we don't agree. A feature on our own national broadcaster isn't proof of big time though ffs :laugh2:

Try ViaPlay instead then ...

20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That was what I hoped would happen and that SN's approach had been dictated by RN and conformity with the first team. 

However, it's increasingly evident to me that recent performances are more in keeping with RN's and the earlier B Team approaches.

You’re not the only one making comparisons to RN sides. I’m hoping it’s just the players not carrying out instructions, falling into old ways of playing but with each games that passes I’m less convinced of that. 

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Player spending is not an indication of size in this context. WHY would either bigot cheeks spend more than necessary to win the league? Been saying this for years, Take for example Celtic ( no particular reason ) They spend millions on trying to progress in Europe, only to get pumped by huge clubs from England and abroad, that player is basically wasted money in our league so they will only spend enough to A) win our league and B,  try to progress a little further ( by luck ) in Europe. The bigots ( mostly Celtic mind ) also have the big problem of not massively over spending against their rival, as they require the bigotry to continue and should Celtic run away wild with spending Sevco fans won't ever have a chance and will stop going . Thus the money train will stop.

There's some sense in this madness. They just need to spend enough for a guaranteed group place. 

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There's some sense in this madness. They just need to spend enough for a guaranteed group place. 

Pretty much 👍.

47 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely nothing supports the use of the term backwater

The SFA.

Edited by i8hibsh

Ex member of the SaS
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re not the only one making comparisons to RN sides. I’m hoping it’s just the players not carrying out instructions, falling into old ways of playing but with each games that passes I’m less convinced of that. 

Was there not something about players progressing from B to full team and training them early in the full teams tactics so they could fit in quickly? No idea who was responsible for this and whether SN has carried it through now. Just trying to understand what is happening after all the hype about going flat out.

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Perhaps the way the other teams set up is having an impact on our performances? Just a thought...

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Sheep for Hignett? IIRC that was around mid £800K range

Beslija was £1M Euros, I think that was Vlad's attempt at a '1 Mill' signing :lol:

But, the return of Big Dave was technically over £1M, but was obscured by the swap for McLaren

A bit like people thinking Everest is highest Mountain, when the Mauna Kea & Mauna Loa are taller, just half under water :lol:

Quips aside, I think the profile of our domestic league is increasing, despite the clowns that do everything to keep our game about celtic; I also think the tide is turning back on them, finally, after their long stranglehold

Next up, hopefully, is no automatic CL GS for any of them, then they'll have to cut their cloth a bit; back to the days of ronny dial-up or similar

Cannae wait :lol:

-

40 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps the way the other teams set up is having an impact on our performances? Just a thought...

We may have a financial advantage over most clubs in the league but it’s not so much if these clubs are organised and choose to hit us on the break ultimately getting in front and frustrating us, this has been happening to us now for years and it’s time to change our game plan 

We go to many places Fir Park,Perth, Paisley and look to take the game to them, in my opinion we should let them have the ball and let them see what they can do, in return we should start frustrating them, hopefully as the  game progresses our better players should come to the fore, basically I’m saying we need to be more patient and especially in away games play these teams at there own game

Selkirkhmfc1874
55 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's where Hearts need to find a way to combat that especially away from home , our away record is embarrassing 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We may have a financial advantage over most clubs in the league but it’s not so much if these clubs are organised and choose to hit us on the break ultimately getting in front and frustrating us, this has been happening to us now for years and it’s time to change our game plan 

We go to many places Fir Park,Perth, Paisley and look to take the game to them, in my opinion we should let them have the ball and let them see what they can do, in return we should start frustrating them, hopefully as the  game progresses our better players should come to the fore, basically I’m saying we need to be more patient and especially in away games play these teams at there own game

Nah we need to give these teams less respect and let them worry about us! Against teams outside old firm on too many occasions they more attacking than us ! Our negativity away from home is frustrating 

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Beslija was £1M Euros, I think that was Vlad's attempt at a '1 Mill' signing :lol:

But, the return of Big Dave was technically over £1M, but was obscured by the swap for McLaren

A bit like people thinking Everest is highest Mountain, when the Mauna Kea & Mauna Loa are taller, just half under water :lol:

Quips aside, I think the profile of our domestic league is increasing, despite the clowns that do everything to keep our game about celtic; I also think the tide is turning back on them, finally, after their long stranglehold

Next up, hopefully, is no automatic CL GS for any of them, then they'll have to cut their cloth a bit; back to the days of ronny dial-up or similar

-

Bernard and/or Windass IIRC

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Paul Bernard's one of us by the way

Ricardo Quaresma
19 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

True; they treat us very similarly to the OF; they do respect we have players that can hurt them, but they're just going to keep it tight, play it by ear and see what they can exploit; not hard when our players f@nny about with a free kick

I'm not sure all of our players respect that teams see us as a scalp, but it also seems sometimes that some of our players can't be arsed playing these desperate teams

I think everything's fine until they are put under unreasonable strain, like on Sunday; the team was over-rotated and it's been mooted that some players were not happy with aspects of that

Ricardo Quaresma

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Paul Bernard's one of us by the way

👍

-

gorgieshuffle
2 hours ago, Diego10 said:

A player we signed makes a mockery of our recruitment strategy?

I mean in the sense that if we can take a player from that level and he instantly improves us why are we not targeting more in that market? Instead we waste money on players in markets that I think are less likely to improve us and on a strategy that all seems a bit too hopeful. 

Edited by gorgieshuffle

37 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's where Hearts need to find a way to combat that especially away from home , our away record is embarrassing 

32 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nah we need to give these teams less respect and let them worry about us! Against teams outside old firm on too many occasions they more attacking than us ! Our negativity away from home is frustrating 

Rangers and Celtic away at Kilmarnock shows how hard these places are to go even with £80/90m turnover. Not sure we have the finances to compete away from home consistently. Our away games are either the other big clubs or horrible plastic pitches for the most part. Very difficult. More than 2 away wins would be progress...

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Rangers and Celtic away at Kilmarnock shows how hard these places are to go even with £80/90m turnover. Not sure we have the finances to compete away from home consistently. Our away games are either the other big clubs or horrible plastic pitches for the most part. Very difficult. More than 2 away wins would be progress...

Totally disagree , our away for is abysmal against teams that can only dream of our budget ! Negativity away from home is our biggest issue in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally disagree , our away for is abysmal against teams that can only dream of our budget ! Negativity away from home is our biggest issue in my opinion 

Why could we win away in the Championship so readily and not in the Premiership then? Obvious answer is the teams are far closer to our level ..