Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Naisy/McEvoy punting Halliday and Grant all feels to Stendelish,especially when he is bringing in Denholm when young guys like Tait are more highly rated.

Honestly Frank McEvoy,what the actual feck is going on at Hearts,he should be nowhere near us.Its like Vlad bringing in Korobotchka and the smoking Bulgarian guy,Jobs for the boys by Savage here amd it will end in tears.

Tait has been injured hence why Denholm jumped ahead of him. He has only recently recovered which is why he was on the bench.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Naismith's had an extended interview that's lasted years, that's the difference.

The people within the club will have seen him day to day and they must have been hell of an impressed with him and his skillset to appoint him.

I also get the feeling we had to use him or lose him, he IS a very impressive figure, always has been, and it felt like a Killie or st Mirren would be sniffing about at some point soon.

St mirren and killie fans would disagree and probably have the 2 best managers in scottish football at this time

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Naismith's had an extended interview that's lasted years, that's the difference.

The people within the club will have seen him day to day and they must have been hell of an impressed with him and his skillset to appoint him.

I also get the feeling we had to use him or lose him, he IS a very impressive figure, always has been, and it felt like a Killie or st Mirren would be sniffing about at some point soon.

again the answer was just along the corridor :lol:

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

St mirren and killie fans would disagree and probably have the 2 best managers in scottish football at this time

When they get snapped up by decent clubs, sorry, I thought that was obvious but should have said.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I absolutely loved Naismith as a player for us,but folk coming out with he was an impressive figure and his skillsets,Jeezy peeps man.

Naisy never set the heather alight with the B team and doesn't even have the qualifications for us to appoint him officially!!!

Some Folk just spout any nonsense to defend the club.

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Aye it is amazing how many we have had this last ten years. I know I will take pelters but unbelievably during that time only one man has been anywhere near successful and he got emptied 😅

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts are shite eh?

No but you trying to fathom facts out of thin air to defend the club is.🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No impressed enough to send him away to do his coaching badges! 

Edited by Hashimoto

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

No impressed enough to send him away to do his coaching badges! 

He is doing his badges 🤷‍♂️ 

He has to get a year of coaching in before the next stage, we know this.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

He is doing his badges 🤷‍♂️ 

He has to get a year of coaching in before the next stage, we know this.

Point I was making was that he should have been enrolled the moment his playing career ended. Especially as he see's himself having a extended career in football management.
Sloppy by Naismith. Sloppy and lazy by the Hearts board. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No but you trying to fathom facts out of thin air to defend the club is.🤷‍♂️

Is that your thing? Spout crap, get clamped, pretend something else is going on to save your blushes?

Can't say I've noticed you before but I'll be watching for that now!

Unknown user
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Point I was making was that he should have been enrolled the moment his playing career ended. Especially as he see's himself having a extended career in football management.
Sloppy by Naismith. Sloppy and lazy by the Hearts board. 

He's been doing them since Everton 

Just now, Smithee said:

Really?.......So what actual coaching qualifications has he got? I mean his Everton career ended in 2016, 7 years ago!!!!.....That's some coaching journey he's been on!

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Since Everton, he left Everton in 2016. Genuine question, how many years does it take?

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Since Everton, he left Everton in 2016. Genuine question, how many years does it take?

Don't know mate, I'd imagine the pro license takes a while, and if it's taken this long he's probably either taken breaks or gone the long way round. Probably worth remembering that he's very dyslexic so the classroom stuff may well have made it longer.

There was an article posted from his time at Everton that mentioned it.

16 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

He decided to pause them because the training set ups he was learning at the course were not being actioned at Everton. or Norwich or whatever club it was. That's straight from Naismith by the way. If you hunt online you'll find the quote.

Leveins Battalion

Until we stop signing average players it doesn't matter who the manager is.

If this goes South Naisy will be the fall guy and Joe Savage will be safe as houses.

Hibs are the exact same,the boy Kensell makes mistake after mistake yet the managers take the hit.

Us and Hibs are trying to be too clever,Killie have improved because they've signed players the manager knew.

Aberdeen have just chucked £500k at another striker.Hibs have spent £700 k on Vente.Its no guarantee we will be 3rd and the FoH money is basically gone trying to keep up.

Naismiths summary of the game on Sunday was an accurate one and I think it’s clear that he knows what’s going wrong and believes that the players weren’t doing what they were told.

With that being the case I think pinning it on the coaching staff is a bit premature, a lot of the complaints in general are a bit premature tbh

Right now I’m looking at the players and see a collection of guys who are doing their own thing and not looking to take responsibility on the pitch, I’m not sure if you can really teach that it’s up to the individuals themselves to pull their socks up, demand the ball and drive it forward to get it away from our end of the park

Edited by BigAlim

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Don't know mate, I'd imagine the pro license takes a while, and if it's taken this long he's probably either taken breaks or gone the long way round. Probably worth remembering that he's very dyslexic so the classroom stuff may well have made it longer.

👍

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He decided to pause them because the training set ups he was learning at the course were not being actioned at Everton. or Norwich or whatever club it was. That's straight from Naismith by the way. If you hunt online you'll find the quote.

👍

We need to sign European class players,and by that I mean the quality of players that POAK have…players with the quality ie.technically good,we’ll set up and street wise for European football.

These players are comfortable on the ball and almost always look to play forward at every opportunity,movement off the ball is much better than ours etc.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

See, in our specific case right now, I don’t really agree with your post.

You’re right that fortunes ebb and flow and a lot of us aren’t very good at sucking that up. At the end of the day, Hearts have a limited budget and can only do so much. I’m not sure the board has the right ambition or talent but even so, it’s not like a different board would win is the league tomorrow. I get what we are.

But with regards to the Naismith/McAvoy set-up, it’s weird and it’s been hard to justify as a concept from the outset. It’s a stab in the dark, it’s incredibly unproven and on that basis alone, people are entitled to question whether it should have been allowed to happen in the first place.

I see people say ‘let’s see what happens’ but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s an odd experiment.

It’s like someone saying ‘I’m going to build a road through the middle of your house but don’t worry, it’s actually a good plan and your house will be better for it.’

You’d go, nah mate, and **** them off. Simple common sense.

So the bottom line - we have a decent squad. Not perfect but decent. But we should have made an actual appointment of an actual coach, not this daft arrangement.

Top post.

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We need to sign European class players,and by that I mean the quality of players that POAK have…players with the quality ie.technically good,we’ll set up and street wise for European football.

These players are comfortable on the ball and almost always look to play forward at every opportunity,movement off the ball is much better than ours etc.

Basic football skills. Instant control,  pass first time , find space. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

That puts a lot of faith in our board’s judgement in appointing coaches which, quite honestly, isn’t based in reality 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I absolutely loved Naismith as a player for us,but folk coming out with he was an impressive figure and his skillsets,Jeezy peeps man.

Naisy never set the heather alight with the B team and doesn't even have the qualifications for us to appoint him officially!!!

Some Folk just spout any nonsense to defend the club.

Never set the heather alight with the B team? What were you expecting from him. You do realise he didn't have the ability to go out and buy his own players? By all accounts they improved under him and he's a highly rated young coach.

Some folk just spout any nonsense to try attack the club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Never set the heather alight with the B team? What were you expecting from him. You do realise he didn't have the ability to go out and buy his own players? By all accounts they improved under him and he's a highly rated young coach.

But the very fact you’re having this argument means nobody knows. So by definition, we’ve taken a massive punt. 

All I know is that the club were strangely obsessed with appointing him. You could say that’s because they see big talent in him but our board’s history on this front provides every bit as much evidence that it’s about 1) being easy/cheap and 2) being nice and cosy, avoiding the risk that a coach might come in and start actually rocking the boat a bit. 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Naismiths summary of the game on Sunday was an accurate one and I think it’s clear that he knows what’s going wrong and believes that the players weren’t doing what they were told.

With that being the case I think pinning it on the coaching staff is a bit premature, a lot of the complaints in general are a bit premature tbh

Right now I’m looking at the players and see a collection of guys who are doing their own thing and not looking to take responsibility on the pitch, I’m not sure if you can really teach that it’s up to the individuals themselves to pull their socks up, demand the ball and drive it forward to get it away from our end of the park

I'm not sure I agree with that ideas that the issue with our tactics is coming from the players and not the coaching. I'd offer two counter points.

The first would be that this didn't seem to be a problem at the end of last season when Naismith took over. Why were players following coaching instructions then but not now? Seems particularly odd when you consider that half the team at the weekend made their debuts this season. Or if we are saying the tactics we've seen under Naismith are down to individual players doing their own thing, should we re-evaluate our performances at the end of last season and give the credit for those tactical improvements to the players rather than the management?

The second counter point is to look at how we are defending corners. Set pieces are one of the purest opportunities for coaches to get players to follow their instructions. So when we look at the tactics at corners this season, do we see something that reflects the analysis that we need to be brave and avoid being passive? Unfortunately not. We see every player back and even at times, every player within 6 yards of our own goal line. There is no bravery there and it leaves us passive in having to defend second balls into the box after the first clearance or if Clark collects, he has to be passive as he waits for someone to get up the pitch, by which point the opposition has regrouped.

I'm all for giving Naismith more time. I think it is far too early to reach too many firm judgements. But I can't contortions that are being made to absolve Naismith and the rest of the coaching team of all blame. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Pro licence takes 18 months.

Lazy ****er should have got on with it if he planned to be a manager 

1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Basic football skills. Instant control,  pass first time , find space. 

We pass with no purpose,no movement in forward areas and nobody that can beat a man.

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Pro licence takes 18 months.

Lazy ****er should have got on with it if he planned to be a manager 

Well aye but you have to do other courses first, with coaching experience in-between.

But anyway, so ****ing what? He's the manager, and Hearts fans can either get behind him, or not.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We pass with no purpose,no movement in forward areas and nobody that can beat a man.

Over the last number of years, with the odd exception, we are one of the few clubs whose strikers mark the defender as such they give the midfield no options. Nothing has changed in years although countless players have. As such you might think they are not the problem but the coaches. 

51 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He may be a highly rated young coach but STILL LEARNING and that is why he was the wrong choice. Let him get his experience elsewhere, make his mistakes, learn how to handle problems and then maybe if circumstances allow, he comes back. He is just another project on a learning curve just like half the players we sign. 

2 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

He may be a highly rated young coach but STILL LEARNING and that is why he was the wrong choice. Let him get his experience elsewhere, make his mistakes, learn how to handle problems and then maybe if circumstances allow, he comes back. He is just another project on a learning curve just like half the players we sign. 

Does the internet stop working in Spain when we win?

image.thumb.png.9f86d8435123f1b6e0b8214870d049ec.png

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well aye but you have to do other courses first, with coaching experience in-between.

But anyway, so ****ing what? He's the manager, and Hearts fans can either get behind him, or not.

It’s hard work, who knew.

Perhaps Hearts have got him into the mindset that it will all fall into his lap, you can see why tbf

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s hard work, who knew.

Perhaps Hearts have got him into the mindset that it will all fall into his lap, you can see why tbf

Taking a more realistic perspective he probably didn't expect to get a top league manager role so soon. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

don't disagree with this - even just four or five players of this ilk would do - as the likes of Gordon, Halkett, Kent, Shankland would compliment them.

hard part is:

a. finding the dough for them (wages as much as transfer fees)

b. persuading them to join a crap league and potentially remove themselves from the eye of their potential country /  national managers by playing in Scotland.

29 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Are you so sad you actually scroll through some of my previous posts. Are you also so limited that you cannot see my comments are not about one specific game, but the overall running of the football department. Why don't you bring these up? It'll give you something to do. In fact I very rarely comment about specific games or indeed players. But don't you worry the internet works fine in Nerja.  

Edited by Nerja Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Taking a more realistic perspective he probably didn't expect to get a top league manager role so soon. 

welcome to Budge’s Hearts 

Leveins Battalion
32 minutes ago, WageThief said:

What does it matter?

Some fans like to vent their frustrations after bad results and performances,some fans like to come on when we win and say how great we are.

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What does it matter?

Some fans like to vent their frustrations after bad results and performances,some fans like to come on when we win and say how great we are.

and thats perfectly normal.

comments post-win are usually backed up with folk saying "that was a great shot / header by....." or "did you see how player XYZ went past those players / played a great pass" etc etc

comments post defeat are more along the lines of "until we sack the lady who opens the post every morning we'll never win anything ever, ever, ever" or "good lord, shankland's a fatty arbuckle" - or "yes, we're financially viable, generating off the field income, are a community club, don't need to have gambling or alcohol firms as shirt sponsors....but it was LOADS better almost going out of existence under Romanov".

I'm generalising just a tad but you get my drift. Many many opinions on the factors that are supposedly wrong with the club - but they never surface during long winning streaks.

If we're fundamentally a shambles of a club - why aren't those concerns aired when we're winning?

(caveating this with the odd constructive and well argued criticism of performances coupled with reasoning as to why - and suggestions / tweaks to improve)

23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What does it matter?

Some folk like to come on we win and say how great we are.  Some folk like to come on when we lose and say "Sack the manager, he's a lazy *******, sack the board, stop building the hotel, get that fat lazy twat Mckinley out, Savage should take himself and the recruitment team and **** off.  And best of all "where's all the cash going".  Fair enough I suppose.  Swings and moanaroundabouts.

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Some folk like to come on we win and say how great we are.  Some folk like to come on when we lose and say "Sack the manager, he's a lazy *******, sack the board, stop building the hotel, get that fat lazy twat Mckinley out, Savage should take himself and the recruitment team and **** off.  And best of all "where's all the cash going".  Fair enough I suppose.  Swings and moanaroundabouts.

Doesn’t need to be a loss. 

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

How much is their team worth compared to Hearts?

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Agreed, I suspect this is exactly what has happened.

It reminds slightly of Scottish rugby appointing Gregor Townsend as head coach probably 2-3 years before he was ready as they didn’t want to lose him to a big English/French club or the French national set up.

Its broadly worked out well for Townsend and hopefully will also for Naismith.  However, we go seem to have a few posters willing him to fail which is just odd.

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

So where's the cash going?You don't know,we are a club that provides added income streams that is unique within the game including the FoH and Benefactors.

Guys like yourself are the eternal everything is rosey type of fan,every club has them.

However,some other fans that actually go to the games week in week out like to question the garbage that is being served up.....and before you start your knee jerk Dundee comments it's 5 wins in nearly 20 games,if you fund that acceptable for HMFC then OK,but I and a large majority don't.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So where's the cash going?You don't know,we are a club that provides added income streams that is unique within the game including the FoH and Benefactors.

Guys like yourself are the eternal everything is rosey type of fan,every club has them.

However,some other fans that actually go to the games week in week out like to question the garbage that is being served up.....and before you start your knee jerk Dundee comments it's 5 wins in nearly 20 games,if you fund that acceptable for HMFC then OK,but I and a large majority don't.

Well said.