Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My thoughts also. If we go out on Thursday McEvoy has to step aside becuase we appointed Naismith and he should be the one being judged good and bad

He can’t step aside until Naismith starts his pro licence and gets a dispensation from UEFA.  Next year at earliest based on previous. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

I have concerns for rest of the season. If these guys think Denholm/Sibbick can work, who knows what other stupid choices they're going to make. Even bringing on 3 subs with 5 mins left v PAOK too little too late. 

We need to see a drastic improvement and better decision making from our tech director. One of those choices should be telling McAvoy to gtf.

Or we're just gonnae have to ride it out over the next 18 months or so, till they're all sacked. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I have concerns for rest of the season. If these guys think Denholm/Sibbick can work, who knows what other stupid choices they're going to make. Even bringing on 3 subs with 5 mins left v PAOK too little too late. 

We need to see a drastic improvement and better decision making from our tech director. One of those choices should be telling McAvoy to gtf.

Or we're just gonnae have to ride it out over the next 18 months or so, till they're all sacked. 

I suspect that could happen on Friday after we get emptied out of Europe.  I think it may just be for UEFA rules that this farce is in place.

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I suspect that could happen on Friday after we get emptied out of Europe.  I think it may just be for UEFA rules that this farce is in place.

It's not.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I'd like some clarity on this from maybe someone who knows more about the rules than me. It was mentioned several times that all top flight european clubs need a manager with a pro license. It was also mentioned that exemptions have been made if coaches are on there way to being qualified so I'm not sure if what you suggest is an option.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I'd like some clarity on this from maybe someone who knows more about the rules than me. It was mentioned several times that all top flight european clubs need a manager with a pro license. It was also mentioned that exemptions have been made if coaches are on there way to being qualified so I'm not sure if what you suggest is an option.

It's clearly all a bit silly tbh and penny pinching. 

It's either naismith is this world class coach who you're willing to jump through numerous hoops for or he's the cheapest option... 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's not.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Its not clear what the situation is and I do wonder if we had clarity over who is in charge it might help with decision making around the team.

16 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Strongest team every game, apart from likes of Partick at home etc. Away to Dundee was always going to be a battle and making 5 or 6 changes was not the right move. It was the same last season when we went to Livi away and got beat 1-0 about the same time of the season. Motherwell game is huge. Must win. 

Very much this. For some reason we've bought into this idea that football is about having a squad rather than a team. That's fine for EPL clubs who have so much money that they can afford to have numerous 'squad' players worth tens of millions. When you get to our level a squad player is someone you rely on in an emergency when you have an injury crisis or someone you give game time to every now and again so that they gain necessary experience. We need to have our strongest side out week after week after week. Pissing about with the likes of Toby Sibbick in midfield for an away game is complete nonsense. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Mind when Sportsound had a discussion about this and people on here went mental about them daring to even speak about it?

Some proper questions need asked about this arrangement. Only the media can really ask them 

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He can’t step aside until Naismith starts his pro licence and gets a dispensation from UEFA.  Next year at earliest based on previous. 

Thought that only applied whilst we were in Europe. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Why was Naismith clearly in charge last season if it doesn’t just apply to Europe. 

He was interim manager which is allowed.

47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If this is the case, then it is another example of where the club's communication could have been better. If the plan is for Naismith to take over as soon as we get knocked out of Europe then I can understand not spelling that out as it would suggest to UEFA that we were just bending the rules. But if Naismith isn't eligible to be manager until he either starts or finishes his Pro license, then that timeline could have been provided.

41 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Why do you think the problem is McAvoy rather than Nasmith or the collective?

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Why was Naismith clearly in charge last season if it doesn’t just apply to Europe. 

There is some kind of dispensation for 12 weeks to allow for caretaker managers when a manager is sacked.

My general view is that the league performances and results have been disappointing so far. But the results haven't been so bad as to need to make another managerial change now. I would rather provide some stability and hope that things improve. We have recruited a squad that this management team believe in. I'd like to give them the opportunity to make it work.

Although I wish Naismith would talk like he understands the expectations at Hearts. I was annoyed when he got the caretaker job and said third wasn't the be all and end all. I wasn't impressed to read after the Dundee game that we need to be better if we want to be challenging at the top half of the table. My expectations are somewhere above finishing top half.

15 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

So we could sack McAvoy in Oct/Nov and have Naismith as interim manager, then from Jan he can be permanent manager :ninja:

Edited by kila

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, kila said:

So we could sack McAvoy in Oct/Nov and have Naismith as interim manager, then from Jan he can be permanent manager :ninja:

Technically, yes... :sadrobbo:

11 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

One thing that's bothering me, does anyone actually know If we actually can appoint Naismith as manager after Thursday? should we get knocked out of Europe? Have read contradicting things on this, so as far as I'm aware, he still doesn't have his pro licence yet? Correct? So with that being said, I'm not sure if he actually can be appointed? The whole bloody thing Is so amateur, I really hope it's worth it in the long run.

🤣 That the only thing bothering you, aye?

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

maybe just rename him interim manager then as this isn’t going to work

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Its not clear what the situation is and I do wonder if we had clarity over who is in charge it might help with decision making around the team.

be interesting to know what their contracts say

Hans von Luck

Having reviewed the remaining fixtures for the 1st quarter, I rekon they will be gone by mid October before OF games (100% if we lose to Hibs).

We will bee lucky to get the following points -

31 August - PAOK - Loss - Out of Europe.

3 Sept - Motherwell (H) - Draw at best 1 point

16 September - Aberdeen (H) - Loss. 0 points.

23 September - St Mirren (A) - Draw at best. 1 point

26 September - Kilmarnock (A) - Loss on plastic - Out of League Cup.

30 September - Ross County (A) - Draw - 1 point

7 October - Hibs (H) - Win/Draw - 3 or 1 point.

21 October - Celtic (H) - Lose - 0 points.

28 October - Rangers (A) - Lose - 0 points.

1 November - Livingston (H) - Win/Draw - 3 or 1 point.

End of first quarter anything from 9/30 or 13/30 points in League. = UNNACPTABLE!

Wrong management team / recruitment / strategy, was always going to be risky with Naismith and his team but another failed experiment.

Even more worring is that our season will be over!

Naismith oUT !

Edited by Hans von Luck

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

maybe just rename him interim manager then as this isn’t going to work

should have got Spanish Marty Pellow mate, you knows it! :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Hans von Luck said:

Having reviewed the remaining fixtures for the 1st quarter, I rekon they will be gone by mid October before OF games (100% if we lose to Hibs).

End of first quarter anything from 9/30 or 13/30 points in League. = UNNACPTABLE!

Wrong management team / recruitment / strategy, was always going to be risky with Naismith and his team but another failed experiment.

Naismith oUT !

Not sure about this like :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

It's OUt not oUT.

Let's not get too upset about games we haven't played yet.

Just now, Hans von Luck said:

OK give us your predictions?

It's worth a thread of it's own really. This'll just get lost and forgotten about on this thread.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Hans von Luck said:

OK give us your predictions?

PAOK - Out of Europe. Probably get battered, or well beaten anyway.

Motherwell - draw

Aberdeen - win

St Mirren - draw/defeat

Killie - yup, out the cup

Ross County - win

Hibs - win

Celtic - defeat

Rangers - defeat 

Livi - draw 

7 minutes ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

54 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

PAOK - Out of Europe. Probably get battered, or well beaten anyway.

Motherwell - draw

Aberdeen - win

St Mirren - draw/defeat

Killie - yup, out the cup

Ross County - win

Hibs - win

Celtic - defeat

Rangers - defeat 

Livi - draw 

Not sure if this is optimistic or pessimistic 

I said at the end of last season, I wanted an experienced manager, preferably not someone from within the myopic world of Scottish Football who could come in with fresh ideas and a different approach. With the hope that they had European experience and know how, would have been a perfect place for Naismith to learn.

Not that I was against Naismith but all the talk of 'attacking Football, fast transitions, high press' is great in theory but the reality of Scottish football is vastly different.
Let's not forget that Neilson started off with a lot of attacking flair, a swagger and a freshness that was great to watch, we were relentless. Then slowly, the turgid nature of Scottish football, the 'don't lose at any cost' lack of ambition in most teams means that you have to be more pragmatic, that you have to take less risks and unless you are paying top dollar (like the Glasgow bigots) then you won't have the quality to open up teams.

Naismith, McAvoy et Al are finding out the hard way that results will come first and having the ball doesn't make you dangerous, especially if the opponents have little ambition to do anything other than sit back in solid lines hoping for a break, a set piece or a mistake.

I will back them for now but it's not filling me.with confidence 

1 hour ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

Be absolute Armageddon on here (and rightly so) if this is even close to accurate :vrface:

God, I love this football club 😂

17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

probably just the B team connection so Naismith makes the call. But if Naismith really thought he was going to make it I suspect he would  have been able to convince Neilson of that. 
Agree re fines etc but it’s going to  be Jan 24 at earliest so quite a lot of money. Have to say a club like ours shouldn’t be putting clearly unqualified candidates in the top job unless there’s clear track record to suggest they would be successful. 

Sorry didn't reply to this but I had originally thought the fines were for games in Europe but on another thread, it's apparently per domestic game so potentially 400k  until January :shocked3: . Had never seen that defined before so changes my view somewhat and essentially agree with your last sentence.

Why can't we just have a manager.  Feck this DoF and all the the other shite. The Manager signs who he wants with the budget he has been given. End of. None of this in house ladder of coaching pish.

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Sorry didn't reply to this but I had originally thought the fines were for games in Europe but on another thread, it's apparently per domestic game so potentially 400k  until January :shocked3: . Had never seen that defined before so changes my view somewhat and essentially agree with your last sentence.

👍

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why can't we just have a manager.  Feck this DoF and all the the other shite. The Manager signs who he wants with the budget he has been given. End of. None of this in house ladder of coaching pish.

Mind what you took offence to me saying yesterday.  Yet here you are "reacting" to a defeat.

Silly appointment in the first place, was ridiculed on page when I first stated that this was going to fail, I'll say again naismith struggled as manager in lowland league who honestly thought he could cut it at this level, complete joke and if the board keep getting these decisions wrong then maybe they should leave with their appointments

Edited by TrueJambo

5 hours ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

Some caper

been here before
7 hours ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

See if you're going to go weapons grade mental even using caps for emphasis on the internet to make something true? Then at least spell it correctly.

It just = UNNACPTABLE!

Edited by been here before

6 hours ago, Bozi said:

Not sure if this is optimistic or pessimistic 

I said at the end of last season, I wanted an experienced manager, preferably not someone from within the myopic world of Scottish Football who could come in with fresh ideas and a different approach. With the hope that they had European experience and know how, would have been a perfect place for Naismith to learn.

Not that I was against Naismith but all the talk of 'attacking Football, fast transitions, high press' is great in theory but the reality of Scottish football is vastly different.
Let's not forget that Neilson started off with a lot of attacking flair, a swagger and a freshness that was great to watch, we were relentless. Then slowly, the turgid nature of Scottish football, the 'don't lose at any cost' lack of ambition in most teams means that you have to be more pragmatic, that you have to take less risks and unless you are paying top dollar (like the Glasgow bigots) then you won't have the quality to open up teams.

Naismith, McAvoy et Al are finding out the hard way that results will come first and having the ball doesn't make you dangerous, especially if the opponents have little ambition to do anything other than sit back in solid lines hoping for a break, a set piece or a mistake.

I will back them for now but it's not filling me.with confidence 

Neilson did well in the Championship and started well in the Premiership.

He then got scared and went to what we've seen since.

Boring turgid defensive football.

Ronald Villiers

I just cannae believe we've gone from Naismith's attacking, shoot on sight mentality at the end of last season, to this weak as piss style!

8 hours ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

Positve post

9 hours ago, Hans von Luck said:

Naismith oUT !

We won't lose to Aberdeen at Tynecastle. The rest unfortunately could easily be correct.

15 hours ago, May one-six said:

Very much this. For some reason we've bought into this idea that football is about having a squad rather than a team. That's fine for EPL clubs who have so much money that they can afford to have numerous 'squad' players worth tens of millions. When you get to our level a squad player is someone you rely on in an emergency when you have an injury crisis or someone you give game time to every now and again so that they gain necessary experience. We need to have our strongest side out week after week after week. Pissing about with the likes of Toby Sibbick in midfield for an away game is complete nonsense. 

This is an excellent point.

That was either naivety on Sunday or arrogance, but either way it has to stop.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 27/08/2023 at 19:51, GBJambo said:

I think Frankie has too much say in how we set up and play. We are playing just like Robbie did . 

This is very much the case, it seems; agreed

Don't think the players respect him, that's why the similar looking demeanor but they need to remember who is taking over soon and look past it and play for him

All if what we reckon is true, of course 😉

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Ricardo Quaresma
On 27/08/2023 at 19:55, colinmorewasgash said:

Is it true that savage wanted mcavoy to be manager when board gave it to naismith. Do they actually get on frank and steven because since  club realised that they appointed someone who didn't hve credentials for europe there seems to be a whose in charge this week mentality. Imagine your player in that dressing room and forrest why did they keep him he came with robbie he shd hve left with robbie. Could be wrong but i get impression he cd be like shakespeare was at leicester who undermined ranieri and caused division so he could get job for himself.

Maybe because Gordon Forrest also has a Pro License and that could be useful, however I think GF is a top Coach in his own right and wanted to stay, also a popular guy with players

No problem with GF myself

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Ricardo Quaresma
On 27/08/2023 at 20:03, Yoda said:

Agreed.  Unbelievable that some fans think the above 3 are beneath us.  Everyone of their teams (Killie already have) will give us a tough game this season, on a fraction of our budget.

If H1b5 have the sense to go out and get one of them now, we will be finishing below them this season.

We should have had a pen, or two, against killie and they'd have been chasing their tail after that

We obviously never got 3 points, but we had them, they were done

Ricardo Quaresma
21 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Unless you genuinely believe that SN, FM and GF set up was the best available (despite all the “quality” applicants) AND you genuinely believe that Denholm/Sibbick starting as a CM pairing today AND you genuinely believe we have started well this season (both generally and very specifically each match) AND you have faith in this board to make difficult and early decisions, then it is certainly not an over-reaction. Today in itself was a disgrace. I thought at the time that the board had just had another “down the corridor” moment, now I am 100% sure they did. Without over-reacting, can you name me another professional club (never mind the 3rd biggest in Scotland) who have given 3 managers their first ever job in football having never even been an assistant?  

I don't think Toby was the problem and I didn't think it was a good idea to take him off and keep Denholm on

I thought it was a bad idea to put Denholm on from the start and it wasn't entirely his fault for the goal either

Who would you have put on if you didn't want Denholm starting though?

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't think Toby was the problem and I didn't think it was a good idea to take him off and keep Denholm on

I thought it was a bad idea to put Denholm on from the start and it wasn't entirely his fault for the goal either

Who would you have put on if you didn't want Denholm starting though?

Sibbick is shite, so shite we need to keep him.

Ricardo Quaresma
20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not what I said.  What I said was if the recruitment teams job is to find the tyoes of players the manager wants which manager do they listen to, McAvoy or Naismith? Based on relationships I think it’s much more likely to be the former. Once the players are signed the manager(s) then has/have to play them or not based on who is available. Not sure how you can be at all sure that Naismith is picking the team. Everything that’s been communicated suggested the three of them make joint decisions. Therein lies the first biggest problem. 

I am certain Naismith chose the players and it's pretty obvious Frankie is getting in the way

Technical Director is above Head Coach but Frankie does actually have Autonomy on selection it would seem

I can't prove that, of course, but it's the only thing that makes sense

If anyone thought it was nudge nudge wink wink then it seems that was an assumption

There was never going to be a problem with this until a disagreement on selection took place

Whether it has or hasn't I can only suggest that Frankie should do what Naisy suggests and get ******* on with it; in private of course

Regardless of what I think or what is actually going on, the sooner Naisy gets enrolled and made interim manager again pending this course (January I think, so made interim in the next 1 to 6 weeks) the better