Flights

christhejambo

christhejambo

Im heading down south for a wedding a week on Friday, and haven't booked my flights yet. I'm absolutely skint at the moment, hence not having booked up so far, and was wondering whether waiting until even closer to the date, I risk taking an even bigger a raping from the airlines- or if indeed, by waiting longer, i'll get a better deal (last minute booking sort of thing), or at least expect the same sort of prices.

I'll be going to Northampton, so can easy get a bus or train from London, or fly to B'ham/ E Midlands, so availability of flights is unlikely to be an issue.

Any advice?

chester copperpot
I think the prices will just go up closer to the date.

You better start hitch hiking now :(

BMI Baby to East Midlands - No hand luggage - Boosh. Cheap as chips.

I P Knightley
Im heading down south for a wedding a week on Friday, and haven't booked my flights yet. I'm absolutely skint at the moment, hence not having booked up so far, and was wondering whether waiting until even closer to the date, I risk taking an even bigger a raping from the airlines- or if indeed, by waiting longer, i'll get a better deal (last minute booking sort of thing), or at least expect the same sort of prices.

I'll be going to Northampton, so can easy get a bus or train from London, or fly to B'ham/ E Midlands, so availability of flights is unlikely to be an issue.

Any advice?

Is Luton not the most convenient for Northampton?

Prices will be going up daily - get in there quick or:

sexy_hitchiker.jpg

Carl Spackler

I've never really done it myself but I'm told if you put your flight in and just keep an eye on this site day to day http://www.skyscanner.net/ you can grab a flight when it's cheapest.

It's a bit of a gamble. You just have to decide when to cash in your chips.

Carl Spackler
Is Luton not the most convenient for Northampton?

Prices will be going up daily - get in there quick or:

sexy_hitchiker.jpg

I'd ride that to Northampton.

BMI Baby to East Midlands - No hand luggage - Boosh. Cheap as chips.

Forget E Mids - it's a joke of an airport and has no raillinks. And it's nowhere near Northampton.

Try flying to Brum but , if you can , avoid the 16.00 rush hour. Fly mid day if you can. You can get a Virgin train from the airport (Brum International) to most mainline stations anywhere between the airport and London.

Luton might be an even better bet , especially if you can get a lunch time flight.

The later you book , the more it will cost. Guaranteed.

Forget E Mids - it's a joke of an airport and has no raillinks. And it's nowhere near Northampton.

Try flying to Brum but , if you can , avoid the 16.00 rush hour. Fly mid day if you can. You can get a Virgin train from the airport (Brum International) to most mainline stations anywhere between the airport and London.

Luton might be an even better bet , especially if you can get a lunch time flight.

The later you book , the more it will cost. Guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

This is right, get it booked ASAP otherwise it will cost a fortune. Scheduled flights are always cheaper if you book in advance.

Went to Northanpton for a conference last summer and flew to B'ham, then train to Northampton.

Looked at Luton as is closer but no East/West rail link so probably as quick from B'ham (about an hour to N'hampton on the train)

BMI Baby was cheapest for flights.

Dont know where they fly to but Globespan sell of their last minute seats cheap if I remember correctly.

Archived