"Footballing IQ"

"Soft underbelly"

"Final actions"

"'A' grade attitude"

"Game day minus one"

"Flying in like Red Arrows"

"Solid in terms of that mid-block"

"We need to win the next battle and ultimately the war"

"We need to get back on the horse" (He's used this in a Sunderland and Hibs press conference)

"It's quite interesting because I actually built an app. It's an evolving document"

"Dylan’s obviously had a bad experience last year but they’re all good experiences." (Talking about Dylan Levitt's knee ligament injury ffs).

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

Good idea this, might print this off and put ticks next to the phrases as he spraphs them, I could wear my maroon anarak over the top of my beige cardigan, make sure I’ve got my Werthers in my pocket and I’m all set.

10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

"Box entries"

"Footballing IQ"

"Soft underbelly"

"Final actions"

"'A' grade attitude"

"Game day minus one"

"Flying in like Red Arrows"

"Solid in terms of that mid-block"

"We need to win the next battle and ultimately the war"

"We need to get back on the horse" (He's used this in a Sunderland and Hibs press conference)

"It's quite interesting because I actually built an app. It's an evolving document"

"Dylan’s obviously had a bad experience last year but they’re all good experiences." (Talking about Dylan Levitt's knee ligament injury ffs).

Was Napoleon not a wee dinky chap too

Gorgierools
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good idea this, might print this off and put ticks next to the phrases as he spraphs them, I could wear my maroon anarak over the top of my beige cardigan, make sure I’ve got my Werthers in my pocket and I’m all set.

Do you have the one with leatherette elbow patches?

Gorgierools
Just now, Sooks said:

Was Napoleon not a wee dinky chap too

No,defo French. Though he may have visited the far East.

Just now, Gorgierools said:

Do you have the one with leatherette elbow patches?

You’ve seen it! 😮 the patches were picked carefully to colour match my  Volvo.😐

Gorgierools
Just now, jamboozy said:

You’ve seen it! 😮 the patches were picked carefully to colour match my  Volvo.😐

Envy!!!!

This thread has some potential.

Could even make it "The Lee Johnson Official Waffle Raffle" and award prizes to those that can guess which football 'middle management' phrase he uses each week.

I am sure he says regularly about keeping certain things "in-house", as well.

Complete bullsh***er.

i wish jj was my dad
55 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Guy is a grade a shit talker. 

Can’t believe he’s not been emptied yet. Good for us though. 

He is classic sky sports viewer playing the bullshit bingo game. The amount of times I've listened to arseholes that couldn't even get a game in the playground come out with shite like that...

RustyRightPeg

Halliday, Grant, Forrest, what do they offer….

Nah I'm kidding 🤣 

He tried to replicate his interview from last season when the fan shouted at him last night. Rhetorically answering the reporters question - utter muppet. 

Looking forward to the future entries into this thread.

Manages to outdo Csaba Laszlo in terms of spouting utter shite. 

An incredible feat. 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Cardigans are top tier fashion. 

What - you saying I’ve been trendy for 45 years then??

Always thought this one was a belter 

I’ve recently been talking to a guy who has amassed about 9,000 hours of interrogation at military level in war zones. He was fascinating, and I’m trying to work out whether I can bring some of that into my management”

🤣😱🤣 

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ve recently been talking to a guy who has amassed about 9,000 hours of interrogation at military level in war zones. He was fascinating, and I’m trying to work out whether I can bring some of that into my management”

🤣😱🤣 

What a friggin rocket that guy is!  I love him & hope he has a very long career at Hibs

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣😱🤣 

David Brent. Unfortunately he’ll be sacked by Christmas. 

Birregrande

Today's Record report had me laughing - edited highlights:

“I knew that Inter aren’t a bad side. They remind me of my dad’s Cheltenham side when they were doing very well in League Two."

:cornette:

"Individuals have to hold their hands up and be responsible, I have to hold my hands up and be responsible."

:arf:

I love how he can't stop blaming others, but then remembers he's supposed to be a real manager.

and this is my favourite for today though, total LJ waffle... He really hates talking about himself eh? 😄

"I've got the bit between my teeth and I need the boys to show that as well. I’d say, ‘stick with us in the second leg’. It’s a game of football. I played for Yeovil Town and they were the biggest giant-killers in England."
:facepalm:

Naisys Tackle

“I went to Real Madrid to watch sessions in the academy, to Barcelona to watch their B team, to New York City [FC]. I had two hours with Pep Guardiola over the two games, which was great. It wasn’t just me picking his brains, it was 60-40 and he was actually genuinely interested in my ideas. We had a real fierce debate about high back lines and the speed of your back four. They played such a high line, so I created a quick free kick, lifted over the line and nearly got them.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, Naisys Tackle said:

“I went to Real Madrid to watch sessions in the academy, to Barcelona to watch their B team, to New York City [FC]. I had two hours with Pep Guardiola over the two games, which was great. It wasn’t just me picking his brains, it was 60-40 and he was actually genuinely interested in my ideas. We had a real fierce debate about high back lines and the speed of your back four. They played such a high line, so I created a quick free kick, lifted over the line and nearly got them.

Can imagine Pep mouthing "who's that?" to his assistant when Streaky left. 

29 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

What - you saying I’ve been trendy for 45 years then??

Correct! 

Nothing beats a good cardigan 🤣

22games nro
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

It's quite interesting because I actually built an app. It's an evolving document"

IMG_2667.jpeg

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Can imagine Pep mouthing "who's that?" to his assistant when Streaky left. 

:lol: 

Fort Vallance
11 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Today's Record report had me laughing - edited highlights:

“I knew that Inter aren’t a bad side. They remind me of my dad’s Cheltenham side when they were doing very well in League Two."

:cornette:

"Individuals have to hold their hands up and be responsible, I have to hold my hands up and be responsible."

:arf:

I love how he can't stop blaming others, but then remembers he's supposed to be a real manager.

and this is my favourite for today though, total LJ waffle... He really hates talking about himself eh? 😄

"I've got the bit between my teeth and I need the boys to show that as well. I’d say, ‘stick with us in the second leg’. It’s a game of football. I played for Yeovil Town and they were the biggest giant-killers in England."
:facepalm:

I have to hold my hands up.... to reach the light switch.

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Correct! 

Nothing beats a good cardigan 🤣

Granny must have known that at the time she was knitting mine 

Awfie clever my Granny.

15 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

48745629-3BBD-4953-A578-338CA1109C23.gif.c7a56959ef1219a7e95bf0f226c84318.gif89ACC64E-894A-402F-B6E7-0478AF9FEF1B.gif.9f6be7acb41089314e4e6ccb7e8aa713.gifE2FB7741-66B2-4C22-9657-793E249A278B.gif.3bcb1cfcdaaf9aab09ae9a4b214f0207.gif1DDFA846-FE00-4266-A4E8-01DF7F9C26FF.gif.d7f5d574f21616e39c83c844d6699f43.gif

Is becoming my favourite Hibs manager of all time 

His teams just been pumped by Andorran Farmers and he's out on the pitch taking selfies and telling the Hibs punters to calm down 

This is going to be brilliant watching this season 

1 minute ago, Spookie said:

Is becoming my favourite Hibs manager of all time 

His teams just been pumped by Andorran Farmers and he's out on the pitch taking selfies and telling the Hibs punters to calm down 

This is going to be brilliant watching this season 

I give him 2 months.....less if next week goes as we hope!

Hibs have this thing for hiring short managers.

Short in stature, short in length of service.

Short in ideas. 

Just short. 

Now I’ve said short all those times it’s actually a very weird word? Short? 

Say it? Short? 

29 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

“I went to Real Madrid to watch sessions in the academy, to Barcelona to watch their B team, to New York City [FC]. I had two hours with Pep Guardiola over the two games, which was great. It wasn’t just me picking his brains, it was 60-40”

Pep thinking “Awww there’s a wee primary school kid, I better speak to him”

The hand signals at HT to the Hibs fans to calm down 😂

Jack Torrance

Before the Derby in April...

"I'm looking forward to the game, no matter how much people try and make me not look forward to the game."

Jack Torrance

After a win as Sunderland boss in 2021, he came out with this...

"There's a quote, do sharks worry about Monday? No, they go round being sharks, biting stuff and being aggressive. We showed that and I think it resonated quite well. So, yeah. We bit a few ankles today that's for sure."

They called them 'Johnsonisms' down there.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Finlay James

They’ll keep him regardless.  The club and the mutant fans seem to lap up his slavering pish and long May it continue.

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I thought he was lucky to make it to Christmas last season.

I was thinking the same. He came out some pretty harsh comments against the club at the time. I thought he was pushing to get sacked but the club did not have the money to pay him off.

It’s not Ron’s RIP spending the cash now but his family/estate. I could assume they are like, stay if you like Lee, we’re looking for a buyer anyway. 

He's a wee fud. His comparison of Le Fondre with Aguero was the stuff of legend. Sadly I can't see him surviving for as long as we'd ultimately desire. 

49 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

After a win as Sunderland boss in 2021, he came out with this...

"There's a quote, do sharks worry about Monday? No, they go round being sharks, biting stuff and being aggressive. We showed that and I think it resonated quite well. So, yeah. We bit a few ankles today that's for sure."

They called them 'Johnsonisms' down there.

:illogical:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

57 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

28 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

IMG_8974.jpeg

IMG_8975.jpeg

You could genuinely play a really tough game of "Brent or Johnson?" with these ones. You can imagine David Brent saying every one of those quotes. 😃 

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

That’s incredible stuff. I had to look it up!

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/205060-johnsonisms/