Watch a derby with a Hibs fan mate ( and beer)

kevin_hmfc

Never done it, I'd probably lose some pals :lol: during those games a very very different side of me usually comes out, I'd imagine I'm not alone there.

I've came back to my local after a derby win a few times & found a hibby or two I know drowning their sorrows. Always a good laugh to see their faces drop as you walk in. One time, I think it was after the 1-0 cup game to end their unbeaten run, a jambo I know walked in, didn't gloat or wind them up at all, just walked straight over to the jukebox & queued Sunshine on Leith, you'd think they'd have been happy about this being hibbys but they weren't impressed :rofl: that song takes on a whole new deliciously ironic meaning after they watch another derby loss.

NextGenerationJambo

Was in Amsterdam with my brother for a festival last April and couldn't find anywhere showing the Semi Final. Eventually, spotted 4 hibs fans sitting at a table in an Irish pub and they were showing the game... the only space in the entire place was at their table. Seeing their pain in real time was absolutely glorious. Was absolutely gutted to be missing it but the experience ended up being a laugh. They wouldn't join in the "watching stephen kingsley" chant 🤣

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They would resurface like the stubborn wee jobby that they are . Bits would have fallen off and went down the ubend , there would be smaller bits of detritus floating around them and they would be a bit mangled and smaller , but they would still be the same shite that was flushed in essence . I say flush them and leave it to the cistern of fate  

“The Cistern of fate”, eh? Could be the title of some online fantasy game.

You might just have something there…

Dennis Reynolds

Some of my best friends are Hibs fans. Tend to have no contact on derby days until well after when we'll usually meet for a few beers and talk about anything other than football. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There are Hearts fans with Hibs friends or partners?

Disgusting. 

That's how I've always felt.  I've never experienced it and can't imagine it.