Watch a derby with a Hibs fan mate ( and beer)

kevin_hmfc

Under rated experience imo.  Obviously unable to do this if your going to the game, and it can't be done in a Gorgie or Easter Road boozer, but a neutral venue or someone's living room...great experience. 

Anyone enjoy this as an alternative to going to the game?

Had to do it for the last game of the season with my mate and GF at a cottage a group of us booked for the weekend. Wasn't too enjoyable until full time.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

If time travel is ever invented I'll go back to 19th may 2012 and do this. 

I'd do it 100 times and still not get bored. Would probs risk serious damage though but would be endless fun like a dream groundhog day. 

Go for it 1308
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Had to do it for the last game of the season with my mate and GF at a cottage a group of us booked for the weekend. Wasn't too enjoyable until full time.

Cottaging with your GF?

Screenshot_20230725_232338_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Under rated experience imo.  Obviously unable to do this if your going to the game, and it can't be done in a Gorgie or Easter Road boozer, but a neutral venue or someone's living room...great experience. 

Did it once. Got subjected to the Proclaimers before the game. Brutal experience. Never again.  I think it was 1-1 at full time. They loved the fact we didn't beat them. I was pissed off because we didn't beat them. 

And that's the difference between the mentality of both sets of supporters. Like I said never again. 

GorgieFifeLife

Never met a Hibs fan in my life.  They don’t seem to exist in my neck of the woods.  Loads of Jambos.

I wouldn't watch a derby with a Hibs fan.  What on earth would you talk about?  I'd rather watch it in an otherwise empty room.

The average IQ level in the empty room would be higher for sure.

25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I wouldn't watch a derby with a Hibs fan.  What on earth would you talk about?  I'd rather watch it in an otherwise empty room.

The average IQ level in the empty room would be higher for sure.

My gal is a Hibby, but, for some strange reason (😁), I cannae get her to chum along to a live derby.

In fairness, she has attended a few home & away Hearts matches and cheered us on.

Mind you, her IQ would put most hobos to shame. Hence, It's surely only a matter of time before I turn her. I have some fine photos of her sporting a Hearts scarf which are just the very dab for teasing her Hibby papa with.

Edited by Wee Mikey

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

In fairness, she has attended a few home & away Hearts matches and cheered us on.

Mind you, her IQ would put most hobos to shame. Hence, It's surely only a matter of time before I turn her. I have some fine photos of her sporting a Hearts scarf .

You're halfway there!  keep up the good work.  :thumb:

Folk are delusionary at times. 

Under rated experience according to the Op. Righty ho then. 

Would rather squeeze my own balls in a vice coated with acid than do that shit 

17 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I have a Hibby cousin who attended the famous 1-5 and scarpered ... but suffered hearing the cheers for our 4th & 5th goals whilst queuing up at the train station.

Hahahaaaa!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're halfway there!  keep up the good work.  :thumb:

My work is not yet done ... not until she renounces all things H1b5, and begs for forgiveness.

For sure, she's already more of a Jambo than some of the posters on JKB. ❤️

Ps ... I showed her this and she was (rightly) apalled:-

These wee kids!!! What the future holds for them?

Edited by Wee Mikey

I went to Leith Academy in the 60s and all my mates were of the dark side and I went to derbies with them for years prep segregation. Different times back then and I don't even message them win, lose or draw. It's just how it is and a waste of time even trying to get any sense from them given their blind hatred of all things Hearts. However as has been said many times here I view them as the best of rivals and don't quite return their vitriol although my lip does curl at the sight of a Hibs strip Best avoided at Derby times now. 

Not a mate but had the pleasure of sitting next to one in hospitality in 2004 when they lost to two own goals . You are right it was thoroughly enjoyable and he was close to tears 

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not a mate but had the pleasure of sitting next to one in hospitality in 2004 when they lost to two own goals . You are right it was thoroughly enjoyable and he was close to tears 

Some of them want to be abused ...

.... hopefully, you did it subtly ...

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Some of them want to be abused ...

.... hopefully, you did it subtly ...

He went from being all cocky before the game and at the start to just about greeting . It was delicious 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He went from being all cocky before the game and at the start to just about greeting . It was delicious 

The thing that surprises me is how they keep on coming back for more.

It's very funny.

The very bestest was sharing a bus to Tynie prior to the 'Relegation Derby'.

They were in full-on party mode complete with all sorts of paraphenalia and an auld Jambo telt them, in no uncertain terms, that they were going to get stuffed.

The return game at Albion Place Stadium?

Hahahaaaaa!!!!

They'll never learn ... because they are too thick.

❤️❤️G❤️

32 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The thing that surprises me is how they keep on coming back for more.

It's very funny.

The very bestest was sharing a bus to Tynie prior to the 'Relegation Derby'.

They were in full-on party mode complete with all sorts of paraphenalia and an auld Jambo telt them, in no uncertain terms, that they were going to get stuffed.

The return game at Albion Place Stadium?

Hahahaaaaa!!!!

They'll never learn ... because they are too thick.

❤️❤️G❤️

They do it every season . They start a denial thread on their forums and try and convince them selfs that they are a good team and we are not . They then just ramp it up through that echo chamber until the season starts and then they change tactics with how they are so unlucky and we are just jammy , or how we are spending zillions to be better than them , or how we may have won but they played the better football . Then they just rinse and repeat 

**** that, done it once around 2009 when Riordan scored a penalty at Tynecastle to win, sure the foul was outside the the box. Never again

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

My gal is a Hibby, but, for some strange reason (😁), I cannae get her to chum along to a live derby.

Mind you, her IQ would put most hobos to shame. Hence, It's surely only a matter of time before I turn her. I have some fine photos of her sporting a Hearts scarf which are just the very dab for teasing her Hibby papa with.

The girl's family are all hibbys. I've always said I'd show the pic to her Uncle who is a ST holder at the San Giro 😂

Picture 027~6.jpg

My dad's a hibby, albeit it's a passing interest and not a total fandom. Watched the Ozturk derby with him, won't do that again, he moaned about the ref all game and then moaned about the result after 😅

Best derby with Hibs groups was watching the Miko 3-2 in the Centurion in Corstorphine. Was me and one other jambo, and a pub full of Hibs. Didn't tone down the Miko celebrations when it pinged in. Thankfully my Hibs mate I was with knew everyone in the boozer so I was relatively safe 😂

3 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I went to Leith Academy in the 60s and all my mates were of the dark side and I went to derbies with them for years prep segregation. Different times back then and I don't even message them win, lose or draw. It's just how it is and a waste of time even trying to get any sense from them given their blind hatred of all things Hearts. However as has been said many times here I view them as the best of rivals and don't quite return their vitriol although my lip does curl at the sight of a Hibs strip Best avoided at Derby times now. 

“…waste of time even trying to get any sense from them given their blind hatred of all things Hearts. However as has been said many times here I view them as the best of rivals and don't quite return their vitriol..”

Great comment. There’s no doubt that “blind hatred” element exists within the Hibs’ support. 
As you say, Hearts fans don’t quite respond in kind. I suppose our prime response is more bemused pity.

12 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

“…waste of time even trying to get any sense from them given their blind hatred of all things Hearts. However as has been said many times here I view them as the best of rivals and don't quite return their vitriol..”

Great comment. There’s no doubt that “blind hatred” element exists within the Hibs’ support. 
As you say, Hearts fans don’t quite respond in kind. I suppose our prime response is more bemused pity.

I hate Hibs and hope their club dies . I know a few Hibs supporters who are decent people and I even like a couple of them . I would still love it if Hibs were liquidated 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

19th May 2012!

A mate had booked his wedding for this date so couldn't go. 

After the ceremony, tv's were wheeled out and had the pleasure of witnessing the events in front of 20+ Hibs supporters. Evening celebrations were immense! 

Only did this once, in a pub in Kirkcaldy of all places.

Big group of us over there for a Sunday league game and had to give my tickets for the game away. A few of each team in the group, we found a pub (name escapes me) and had a couple of pints. The Hibbies were obviously loving it when Mallan scored and spent ages after ripping into me. Then Uche pops up with a winner to shut them up, and Hickey scores the winner. Naturally, me and the other Jambos are going mental bouncing about the pub, but I turned to the mouthiest Hibby once I calmed down a bit, and he's sat with his head in his hands looking about to greet. :lol: 

His face was tripping him the rest of the day. Sure I've still got a photo of him on my phone somewhere shortly after the goal. Petted lip and everything.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hate Hibs and hope their club dies . I know a few Hibs supporters who are decent people and I even like a couple of them . I would still love it if Hibs were liquidated 

Each to their own, but I'd be ****ing devastated. We couldn't have ended up with a better derby rival if we'd designed one ourselves purely for our own amusement. 

Imagine our "big derby" against Livingston? No thanks. 

Just now, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Each to their own, but I'd be ****ing devastated. We couldn't have ended up with a better derby rival if we'd designed one ourselves purely for our own amusement. 

Imagine our "big derby" against Livingston? No thanks. 

They would just reform as The Hibs or The Vermin or some thing like that . **** them , I wish them nothing but misery 

Closest I have come is being invited to corporate at Easter Road through my work.  Went twice, first time was 1-1 when Nade scored our equaliser.   Second time was 2-2 when we came back from 2-0 with goals from Velicka.  I managed to stay composed throughout both games until that second Velicka goal went in.  I jumped out my seat and immediately disguised it as a jog to the toilets but my face must have given me away as I was subject to quite a few 'Jambo B*stard' shouts.  Funnily enough that was last time I was invited 🙂

I’m married to a hibby or Mchobo as I like to call him..

long story short we been together over 30 years, watched many a derby together, the build up, durning the game pure hatred….the minute the final whistle goes, it’s over.

I’ve been in the hearts end at Easter road and saw my husband sneaking away a few times.

Best game was of course the 5-1 game, we were both at the game he texted me when at 3-1 and said he was gonna head home, I never saw him til the Sunday.

Best part is that was his birthday and every 19th of May as childish as it may seem- I never ever let him forget!

For most of our marriage as a hearts fan I’ve always had the upper hand 😂

3 minutes ago, ellie0028 said:

I’m married to a hibby or Mchobo as I like to call him..

long story short we been together over 30 years, watched many a derby together, the build up, durning the game pure hatred….the minute the final whistle goes, it’s over.

I’ve been in the hearts end at Easter road and saw my husband sneaking away a few times.

Best game was of course the 5-1 game, we were both at the game he texted me when at 3-1 and said he was gonna head home, I never saw him til the Sunday.

Best part is that was his birthday and every 19th of May as childish as it may seem- I never ever let him forget!

For most of our marriage as a hearts fan I’ve always had the upper hand 😂

Justifiably wearing the trousers in your relationship!

Bungalow Bill
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel the same. If I won the Euro Millions I’d probably buy Hibs and just simply run them into the ground. 

Prince Buaben

We were on a lads holiday to Benidorm a good few years ago now* and it was the first game of the season went to the pub with my Hibs mate, they beat us 1-0 and Brian Kerr I think scored. I was the only Jambo in the ****ing pub. The place was packed with them.

*I realise that the game was 07-08 but it seems so long ago now :(

I’ve got 2 Hibs mates. To ensure we stay as mates we don’t contact each other 24 hours either side of a derby. None of us would contemplate watching a derby together 

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

But the look on their face as we score is soooo good 

Only missed a derby in person, home or away once over the last few years however Mrs Ribble and her entire family are Hibs so over the years I've watched plenty of games in deepest darkest leith pubs with her and her old man with not a spot of bother.

Favourite game to watch with them was the Hickey Derby, got up at 6am on the second day of a holiday to Florida to watch it in an Irish bar at the top end of International Drive.

Winds them up no end to just sit there quietly, happy in the knowledge that no matter how the game is going that we'll more often than not win anyway or worst case scenario not get beat

I watched the 4-0 cup semi in neural town centre pub and was great to wind up Hibs fans as we scored 

Watched last season's Cup game in the An Casteal bar in Fuerteventura.  There was a table of four Hibby's behind me sitting with their Hibs tops and tshirts on making plenty noise before the game.  Needless to say they got quieter and quieter as the game wore on.  It was a great feeling sitting in front of them jumping up to celebrate our goals.  At the final whistle they went to the toilet and had changed back to holiday mode tshirts 😂😂

gordon simpson

watched a derby in Aviemore pub with 2 hibbie pals and we gubbed them as usual 

pub had 4 lesbian Jambos jumping about  and 1 of my hobbo mates started singing 

all the Jambos are gay was as funny as at the time  

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Ha Ha. The nearest i am to a hibs fan is my neighbour and brother in law and cant see me watching any game with them.

Edited by Harry Potter

I wouldn't.

But the reason is as much about me having no tolerance for the average Hibby and his bullshit as it is about them being cretins.

The divide between me and the Hibs support is as much my fault as it is theirs. 

They can't stand me/us and I can't stand those sleekit, emailing gits.

Edited by martoon

7 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

My auld man was there in the 60s. He travelled first on Tollcross bus & when he met my maw and moved to Wester Hailes where I was born and subsequently travelled on Sighthill bus.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

“Hate” is a bit strong. And lots of people prize the Edinburgh derby: the “Jewel in the Crown” as Mr Spiers opined.

I’ve often wondered though how much more successful Hearts might have been had things worked out differently, and Edinburgh had emerged as a one-club city.

Sadly, that wasn’t to be. 

They won't do it, they know they are going to lose. Also they are venomous, it's like they get a wee injection of poison just before the game. They know they are the wee team, it is in their dna

1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

“Hate” is a bit strong. And lots of people prize the Edinburgh derby: the “Jewel in the Crown” as Mr Spiers opined.

I’ve often wondered though how much more successful Hearts might have been had things worked out differently, and Edinburgh had emerged as a one-club city.

Sadly, that wasn’t to be. 

They would resurface like the stubborn wee jobby that they are . Bits would have fallen off and went down the ubend , there would be smaller bits of detritus floating around them and they would be a bit mangled and smaller , but they would still be the same shite that was flushed in essence . I say flush them and leave it to the cistern of fate  

Boyces beard

Only ever done this once and it was with my cousin who follows the wee team. It was the 5-1 De Vries debut derby and it was both wonderful and very painful at the same time. My cousin had gone to his room when the 4th went in and left me drinking the beers in the living room. When the big man headed the ball in for the 5th i whipped my top off and went running down the hall sliding past my cousins room on my stomach screaming its 5. The floors where carpeted with cheap cord and i semi detached my left nipple as i slid past his door 🤦‍♂️. I managed to get through the night(the beers and result must have eased the pain) but when i woke up the next morning i was in agony and had to go to the hospital for surgery.

Jaap's Sigh
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They would resurface like the stubborn wee jobby that they are . Bits would have fallen off and went down the ubend , there would be smaller bits of detritus floating around them and they would be a bit mangled and smaller , but they would still be the same shite that was flushed in essence . I say flush them and leave it to the cistern of fate  

What a brilliant description! Shakespearesque! I doff my cap sir. 

No Idle Talk

No thanks. I would have zero interest in watching a derby with a Hibs fan, or even worse, several Hibs fans. 

Keeping a civil tongue in my head during those matches is a skill that has always been beyond me. 

16 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

No thanks. I would have zero interest in watching a derby with a Hibs fan, or even worse, several Hibs fans. 

Keeping a civil tongue in my head during those matches is a skill that has always been beyond me. 

But the stakes are high....if we score it's sooo good