Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday

3fingersreid

Happy to see we are moving with the times. The woman's game is improving all the time the bigger it gets. I don't follow it but happy to see Hearts doing well! 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did anyone see hibs playing Champions League football on Alba recently? 

No reason why we can’t get champions league football next year. Probably 5 or 6 big players away from competing at the top end of the top division. 

I honestly think we should go semi pro too. The best 11 players in the league on 70 quid a week- on par with numerous east of Scotland teams. We’d challenge for the league and to get into Europe instantly. For what? 20k? Just to be better than hibs in every aspect it would be worth it. 

I think people think if we go that way it will cost us hundreds of grand but at the end of the day a core of 11 players getting paid pennies would set us aside from the rest of the league. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Prof said:

How on earth will investing in a ladies team help our first team in the SPFL? 

Simple answer? It won't. It's a PC vanity project that will take money away from our absolute shambles of a first team. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Simple answer? It won't. It's a PC vanity project that will take money away from our absolute shambles of a first team. 

Exactly

4 minutes ago, Prof said:

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Could it be that our benefactors have asked for it to be done as part of their investment ? 

Given we have one young woman from America playing on loan ,it’s opening a market that may prove to be financially beneficial in the long run ? 

I don’t ever pretend to think or dream that the women’s game will reach the level of the men’s but it’s growing and if that’s happening money will be made eventually , why shouldn’t we be in there trying ? 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Could it be that our benefactors have asked for it to be done as part of their investment ? 

Given we have one young woman from America playing on loan ,it’s opening a market that may prove to be financially beneficial in the long run ? 

I don’t ever pretend to think or dream that the women’s game will reach the level of the men’s but it’s growing and if that’s happening money will be made eventually , why shouldn’t we be in there trying ? 

For the simple reason that we need investment in our first team. That’s why we buy season tickets and make FOH contributions.

Just now, Prof said:

For the simple reason that we need investment in our first team. That’s why we buy season tickets and make FOH contributions.

As I’ve said previously send an email to the club asking them to make sure all your money goes to the men’s team only . 

One small point tho K Murphy who’s been employed to improve the women’s team can also put input into the laddies teams as well , he was working with great coaches at city , both men and women’s teams so what if he can do something to benefit the men’s team in the long run too? 

Just so you're aware the women’s section hasn’t had any monies from Hearts it’s all been self funded thru subs and fund raising so the shambles on the pitch has got sweet **** all to do with the women . 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Hearts women thread still up the top of the board.. 

Must be a few Hearts employees on here. 

Yup. Hearts have a full time 'Tech' team who monitor all sites. They'll be all over this place

9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

As I’ve said previously send an email to the club asking them to make sure all your money goes to the men’s team only . 

One small point tho K Murphy who’s been employed to improve the women’s team can also put input into the laddies teams as well , he was working with great coaches at city , both men and women’s teams so what if he can do something to benefit the men’s team in the long run too? 

Just so you're aware the women’s section hasn’t had any monies from Hearts it’s all been self funded thru subs and fund raising so the shambles on the pitch has got sweet **** all to do with the women . 

Nonsense, there is only only one company financing football, Hearts FC. Even AB mentioned increased investment in the ladies team. So where does the money for four new appointments for ladies team come from ?  Short answer is from HMFC Co Ltd.

38 minutes ago, Prof said:

Nonsense, there is only only one company financing football, Hearts FC. Even AB mentioned increased investment in the ladies team. So where does the money for four new appointments for ladies team come from ?  Short answer is from HMFC Co Ltd.

Other than K Murphy who are the others ? 

Guess I’d better inform all the parents and players who pay monthly subs , do last man standing , bag filling at supermarkets and all the other self funding we do that our monies are not required as the club is paying for it all . 

The first of any money going to the women doesn’t start till later this year , but I’m sure you know that . 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Lets cut all funding for the memorial site, the museum, charity work, lets close the academy as well. Then we can put all that money into the first team investment. Or is it just women getting to play football that you draw the line on something that doesn't produce instant money for first team investment.

I buy my season ticket to watch Hearts, I contribute to FoH to ensure the club has a future. That amount we put into womens future will be as much as one player on a few thousand a week who knowing how things go would be hounded out by the same supporters who demand only first team investment after one game. 

sick.of.romanov

Not interested in a woman’s team the club certainly shouldn’t be trying to force this equality thing that they’re trying to achieve don’t want to see some unknown female advertising new strips all efforts should be going into the first team and bring through our boys academy rather than wasting money on females that want to play football in there spare time!

4 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Good on Rangers. Looks like they are leading the way in this regard. 

That might get a few people on here on board 🙄

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Woman are 51% of the population but not 51% of our fan base. More girls and woman playing football, and playing football with Hearts increases the prospects of tapping into half of the people in Edinburgh that we have never properly tapped into.

Entirely possible also that being proven to be an in inclusive and diverse club increases sponsorship and commercial options.

No need to stay in the dark ages.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, sick.of.romanov said:

Not interested in a woman’s team the club certainly shouldn’t be trying to force this equality thing that they’re trying to achieve don’t want to see some unknown female advertising new strips all efforts should be going into the first team and bring through our boys academy rather than wasting money on females that want to play football in there spare time!

Not interested, so I thought I'd open the thread and comment. 

👍

13 minutes ago, sick.of.romanov said:

This “equality thing”

Jesus. 

Your missus finished the washing, housework, hoovering, shopping, ironing, sorted the kids yet? Or are you still in the pub with the lads and don’t know?

This “equality thing” 😂😂

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Wrong thread- no ones talking about the men’s first team. This is a thread for the women’s team.

wish we didn’t build a new stand. That money could have been put towards the first team.

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Absolutely this. The women’s game will be massive in 5-10 years and the hiring of KM shows that the club has ambition. Eventually the investment will pay off. This isn’t a pet project. Hearts are out to make a statement of intent and I firmly believe we will end up one of the biggest and best women’s teams in Scotland. Semi pro isn’t too far away from us at the moment. 

We’d do well to remember that tall oaks grow from small acorns. 

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Lets cut all funding for the memorial site, the museum, charity work, lets close the academy as well. Then we can put all that money into the first team investment. Or is it just women getting to play football that you draw the line on something that doesn't produce instant money for first team investment.

No one is suggesting your rather bizarre proposals. What we are saying is the Hearts first team comes first in investment and not some politically correct nonsense as a ladies team. What next Hearts LGBT team ? Or Hearts transgender team ? Or Hearts Protestant only team? Or Hearts immigrant team.? This is football. Hearts are what we are, not because of some politically correct drivel but because of our history which has always been non sectarian and open.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

No one is suggesting your rather bizarre proposals. What we are saying is the Hearts first team comes first in investment and not some politically correct nonsense as a ladies team. What next Hearts LGBT team ? Or Hearts transgender team ? Or Hearts Protestant only team? Or Hearts immigrant team.? This is football. Hearts are what we are, not because of some politically correct drivel but because of our history which has always been non sectarian and open.

giphy.gif

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Prof said:

Of course they are not suggesting it, but people have a problem with a womens team. I am suggesting that the call to focus on first team investment is a fig leaf of an argument, trying to hide the fact that you just dont like women playing.

4 hours ago, Sagan said:

Hearts women thread still up the top of the board.. 

Must be a few Hearts employees on here. 

Erm... you’re helping keep it there. Which department do you work in?

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

That might get a few people on here on board 🙄

Woman are 51% of the population but not 51% of our fan base. More girls and woman playing football, and playing football with Hearts increases the prospects of tapping into half of the people in Edinburgh that we have never properly tapped into.

Entirely possible also that being proven to be an in inclusive and diverse club increases sponsorship and commercial options.

No need to stay in the dark ages.

What a superb post.  It also highlights our profile as a club overall by being part of a massively growing world wide sport.

12 hours ago, Prof said:

Intentionally disingenuous. Yes the money comes from HMFC, but two things:

1) the money put in is a tiny portion of our turnover.

2) she has doubled our turnover in five/six years. 

I cant believe we are still having to argue about this shit on this thread, it’s doing our women’s team a massive disservice. 

14 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

wall+of+gammon.png

Gammon overload on this thread. 

Excuse my ignorance but this has gone over my head ? 

25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yawn

How many Women’s games you attended this season?

None for me personally, that’s why I like to come on this thread for updates... it’s full of fat old blokes moaning instead though. Makes it a nightmare to read and I can actually feel my cholesterol level rising just by sharing a thread with them. :( 

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

None for me personally, that’s why I like to come on this thread for updates... it’s full of fat old blokes moaning instead though. Makes it a nightmare to read and I can actually feel my cholesterol level rising just by sharing a thread with them. :( 

What about your testosterone or oestrogen levels

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Just not open to women.

Plenty of women watch Hearts and if any were good enough they would surely get a game under CL.

4 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Thread for updates on the women's team and separate thread for those who wish to debate if women should be allowed to play football please.

This.

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, Prof said:

Plenty of women watch Hearts and if any were good enough they would surely get a game under CL.

:lol:

He likes to spring a surprise at Easter Road...

9 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Thread for updates on the women's team and separate thread for those who wish to debate if women should be allowed to play football please.

:spoton:

Get it sorted mods :thumbsup:

Women's football is clearly on the up, like it or not. In ten years time the same folk will be moaning that our women's team are an embarrassment and we have been left behind.

Great result for the women today partick th beat hamilton 2-1

Hearts 3 points clear at top , our game postponed today 

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Great result for the women today partick th beat hamilton 2-1

Hearts 3 points clear at top , our game postponed today 

Postponed??  why

flash rain shower, waterlogged pitch?

44 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Postponed??  why

flash rain shower, waterlogged pitch?

Hutchy couldn’t get enough players 

got it better as Glasgow girls got beat as well . It’s in the hands of the Hearts team now , no excuses . 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hutchy couldn’t get enough players 

got it better as Glasgow girls got beat as well . It’s in the hands of the Hearts team now , no excuses . 

Do you get awarded the game for the opposition not being able to field a team?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Do you get awarded the game for the opposition not being able to field a team?

Killie got awarded a 3-0 victory earlier when it happened , I’d prefer it to be a no result game , with all goals and points wiped . We really should hit them for a good few . 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Killie got awarded a 3-0 victory earlier when it happened , I’d prefer it to be a no result game , with all goals and points wiped . We really should hit them for a good few . 

I see. I guess the Killie game set the precedent

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I see. I guess the Killie game set the precedent

Unfortunately yes , although after today’s results and being clear in points it shouldn’t matter but would’ve been nice to have a huge goal difference 

Big shout out to the Hearts U15 girls who are playing Rangers today in the Scottish cup semi final. Ironically my step daughter is captain against her former team.

On our way through to Glasgow now for this tie, then onto Paisley to cheer ‘The Famous.’

Cmon the Hearts Girls 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻HHGH

Edited by Saughton Jambo

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday