• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Thanks for posting , I just can’t get any videos to load on here 👍🏻

55 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Tremendous result.

As @martoon said earlier, I expected a defeat and to be well beaten.

The team must have felt demoralised after the last heavy defeat, but will be feeling high as kites tonight.

I'm grinning like hell. 

👍

Nice hattrick of derby wins in 2020 for the boys and girls of Heart of Midlothian. 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Tremendous result for the ladies and pass on my condolences to your daughter mate. I know she’ll be hurting but she showed great courage to play in the derby today. Her granny would be so proud of her.  

This result will give everyone in the women’s team a lift and consistency will be required from here on in. Delighted for all who are concerned. My own step daughter has enjoyed training with the women’s team and this win will filter down through all the age groups involved. Well done Hearts ladies 🇱🇻

Totally agree. My daughter plays for one of the younger age groups and this was a huge boost to her. I do believe in 3 to 5 years the investment in the girls academy will pay off and we will be competing with all teams in the league including the old firm with a young home grown team.

3 hours ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I would also highly recommend reading the @HibernianWomen Twitter post at full time.

Even better reading is their manager @DeanG_10 's comments on his Twitter page addressing the criticism and the reply from the SWPL chairwoman - Vivienne MacLaren,

Just imagine the outcry if it was Neil Doncaster writing that comment. 😂

Preferred Tom Farmer's reply, he ken's. 😁 Not how it went on the 19th May 2012 or countless other times but glad he's hurting.

Edited by graygo

8 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Loving the celebrations from all but especially our number 2.

😂😂 I’ll pass your comment on to her 👍🏻

My Hibs pal tells me they are calling for the managers head. Aparantly they have been regressing since he took over and getting beat by Hearts is the last straw.

scott herbertson

Must say I enjoyed that video tremendously

Well done to the lassies - keeping up the tradition

Keeper had a great game by the look of it, which must be a boost for her confidence given the recent results👍👍

1 hour ago, jambali said:

Copy and paste the link

I used to be able to do that but since the last upgrade I can’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

47 minutes ago, credit card said:

The celebration when they scored. Magnificent. Number 2 must be dyed in the wool season ticket, FOH, Jambo

Of that she is 😃in fact the FOH kindly sponsor her 🇱🇻🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Must say I enjoyed that video tremendously

Well done to the lassies - keeping up the tradition

Keeper had a great game by the look of it, which must be a boost for her confidence given the recent results👍👍

Just back from a broken thumb , you’re right she had a cracking game yesterday and has done so in the past too  .

Irony is the hibs keeper only joined hibs from us at the start of the season , she’s also a good keeper , the 2 of them had to fight it out for the jersey last season , we’ve been very lucky to have them at the same time . 

A Shoreditch Heart

wow - the highlights are great and that goal has really cheered me up on a miserable Monday morning!

I thought the bits about girls team were some of best things in the BBC documentary and have been looking out for their results since - that win yesterday was massive - brilliant!

21 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Thanks for posting , I just can’t get any videos to load on here 👍🏻

Hahaha loving Claire’s celebration. That lass is something else. Captain too - get in. Could not be happier for her. I know how much that will have meant to her individually and from any time Iv spoken with her how important her family and gran in particular is to her so my thoughts are with you , Claire and the family Mr D 🤘🏻

3 hours ago, benny said:

Great watch.

The reaction to the sending off is hilarious,typical Hibs.

Scenes after the goal a joy to watch.

Was most enjoyable , loved the No , No , No shout and the number 23s reaction. 

Tbf looked like it could almost be a red on its own from behind. Was 💯 a yellow though

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hahaha loving Claire’s celebration. That lass is something else. Captain too - get in. Could not be happier for her. I know how much that will have meant to her individually and from any time Iv spoken with her how important her family and gran in particular is to her so my thoughts are with you , Claire and the family Mr D 🤘🏻

Cheers mate 👍🏻

ooh-aah-cantona
53 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was most enjoyable , loved the No , No , No shout and the number 23s reaction. 

Tbf looked like it could almost be a red on its own from behind. Was 💯 a yellow though

Number #23 is Rachel Boyle, wife of winger Martin. Can see where she gets the whinging from!

The irony is that the ref - if it’s who I think it is - was a diehard Hibby who used to have a season ticket at Easter Road prior to taking up the whistle. 

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Lost 1-2 with the last kick of the ball 😡

down to 10 players after an injury and all our subs made 

Early days.  Sounds pretty tough.  Hopefully the in juries aren't too bad.

The 1 point we had would’ve taken us off the bottom which would’ve been nice going into the break 

meanwhile rangers thumping glasgow city 4-0 

A narrow loss yeah but after Hibs and today it sounds like the women are finally competing 

Things definitely going in the right direction.

• 3 months later...
GMEdinburgh

Be interesting to see if this goes ahead as a couple of Hearts players tested positive recently. 

Edited by GMEdinburgh

Was flicking through the channels and stumbled on the highlights of Hearts v's Rangers. 

Now, maybe it was just several bad camera angles but our numbers 9 and 7, Tweedie and Turner, made Nade and Zeefuik look like specimens of peak physical perfection. Seriously an embarrassment having players in that condition represent the club. 

Malinga the Swinga

I like reading this thread as it clearly identifies which posters still live on the 1970's and can be safely ignored. 

Just plain ignorant mysogonistic comments, not even attempted to be hidden, about club making attempts to include approx 50% of Edinburgh's population. 

Of ours we should have a women's team and they should be encouraged not ridiculed. 

Pathetic comments from the usual suspects, who one suspects, are frightened of women, especially those who don't conform to what they believe woman should look like or act like. 

Central Belt 1874

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I like reading this thread as it clearly identifies which posters still live on the 1970's and can be safely ignored. 

Just plain ignorant mysogonistic comments, not even attempted to be hidden, about club making attempts to include approx 50% of Edinburgh's population. 

Of ours we should have a women's team and they should be encouraged not ridiculed. 

Pathetic comments from the usual suspects, who one suspects, are frightened of women, especially those who don't conform to what they believe woman should look like or act like. 

Hearts women were easily and comprehensively beaten by a very energetic and fit Rangers woman's team. 

Some of the Hearts women looked like they were struggling to run, many couldn't keep up with the speed of the Rangers players and quite frankly were completely out of shape compared to their rivals. 

I was quite shocked actually when I seen the highlights.

I've seen teenage girls teams locally training and playing next to my sons team and they were all in shape for being a footballer. 

I think standards will increase quite quickly within the next 5-10 years.

Edited by Central Belt 1874

Stendelnator
Just now, Central Belt 1874 said:

N

Hearts women were easily and comprehensively beaten by a very energetic and fit Rangers woman's team. 

Some of the Hearts women looked like they were struggling to run, many couldn't keep up with the speed of the Rangers players and quite frankly were completely out of shape compared to their rivals. 

I was quite shocked actually when I seen the highlights.

I've seen teenage girls teams locally training and playing next to my sons team and they were all in shape for being a footballer. 

I think standards will increase quite quickly within the next 5-10 years.

The difference is probably that the Rangers players are all professional and have been training while the Hearts team is made up of students and part time players who work full time jobs. 

Central Belt 1874
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The difference is probably that the Rangers players are all professional and have been training while the Hearts team is made up of students and part time players who work full time jobs. 

If that's the case then fair enough and would explain the gulf in fitness. Hopefully in the coming years there will be a bigger pool of women's players for Hearts to choose from who can compete at the top half of the women's league. 

I see significantly more girls playing from a very young age now and that is a good thing.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Didn’t stop Brora :happy:

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Sorry, but that's no excuse for the condition of Tweedie and Turner. It was like playing with 2 Jo Brands. 

3fingersreid
7 hours ago, Norm said:

Sorry, but that's no excuse for the condition of Tweedie and Turner. It was like playing with 2 Jo Brands. 

The thing is I’ve no issues with people having a pop at the Hearts women’s team , the results, arguing about the cost of running it etc , I do however think it’s too far when you’re having personal digs at young women . 

Over the years there have been a few professional players who weren’t of the perceived perfect build to be a player , Zeefuik, Fulton and although I never witnessed him playing WillieHamilton  I believe from what I’ve read and heard ( 3 Hearts players of different eras) 

Theres a few from other teams , Cowan, Harper, McDougall, Boyd, etc , in other words body shape doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be a player , in fact there are far far more who had the perfect football build as you imply that were  and in fact are utter shite . 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The thing is I’ve no issues with people having a pop at the Hearts women’s team , the results, arguing about the cost of running it etc , I do however think it’s too far when you’re having personal digs at young women . 

Over the years there have been a few professional players who weren’t of the perceived perfect build to be a player , Zeefuik, Fulton and although I never witnessed him playing WillieHamilton  I believe from what I’ve read and heard ( 3 Hearts players of different eras) 

Theres a few from other teams , Cowan, Harper, McDougall, Boyd, etc , in other words body shape doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be a player , in fact there are far far more who had the perfect football build as you imply that were  and in fact are utter shite . 

Sorry, but Nade and Zeefuik both got absolute pelters for their size. As did Filton and Boyd. The female players are no different. If you want to be an athlete, the least you can do is maintain physical fitness. Plus, Zeefuik and Fulton were decent players. Boyd holds the record for most goals.

So when your side lie bottom of the league and you're pulling the weight of an 8 berth caravan, you need to perform like ****ing Pele if you want to get away with it. 

I have zero problems with the woman's team. I'm all for funding them. Hell, chuck an extra 100 grand to them. 

But if we're spending not insignificant funds, and wanting fans to follow the team, we could do with our two main strikers weighing less than a Fiat Punto. 

Sorry, but when the men's team are sitting top of the league and getting pelters, the women's team lying rock bottom can take their fair share too. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

One of the greatest players ever had a belly. Ferenc Puskas.

One of the greatest strikers of all time, Gerd Müller, was a tubby. Hell, Robbo himself was fond of a pie or two during his career. But they had ability to back it up and, crucially, still got stick. 

11 hours ago, Norm said:

To put a slightly different angle on it, Isn’t it up to the coaches to tell the players to get their shit together or they won’t be selected?

Just now, Hesh said:

To put a slightly different angle on it, Isn’t it up to the coaches to tell the players to get their shit together or they won’t be selected?

Oh, Andy Kirk definitely has some questions to answer with regards to allowing his players to get to that condition. Although I don't think we have many options available to replace them. Which is even worse.

It's one thing to down tools on physical fitness when you know your place is under threat. But when you know your place is safe, it's an even bigger slap in the face. It's like they've just went "I'm getting picked no matter what, so who cares what nick I'm in?" 

Again, we've got fans protesting over performances of a team who are top of the league. Criticism of players who are rock ****ing bottom of the league is not entirely without merit. 

Craig Herbertson
On 07/12/2020 at 11:02, credit card said:

The celebration when they scored. Magnificent. Number 2 must be dyed in the wool season ticket, FOH, Jambo

Really cheered me up.

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Again, we've got fans protesting over performances of a team who are top of the league. Criticism of players who are rock ****ing bottom of the league is not entirely without merit. 

Not sure I’m on board with this when one is newly promoted into the top league and the other demoted but with professional players and a wad of cash the other teams in the league don’t have.

3fingersreid

HMFC are a professional football team 

the women’s team are amateurs , the difference is there to see in the men’s game when professional teams are up against non league or even part time teams , physique at the women’s level the Hearts women are at isn’t the main issue for me , technical ability is .

Rangers and the other two glasgow teams have far better technical players , they can afford to pay for it, Hearts can’t . 

That’s something for our coaches to teach and I’m sure they’ll improve us , we were unlucky against Spartans and won our first game against hibs so they’re doing something right . 

outside of the3 glasgow clubs the league would be competitive , sadly I think now money is involved the way it’s being spent through west it’s going the same way as the men’s game . 

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

HMFC are a professional football team 

the women’s team are amateurs , the difference is there to see in the men’s game when professional teams are up against non league or even part time teams , physique at the women’s level the Hearts women are at isn’t the main issue for me , technical ability is .

Rangers and the other two glasgow teams have far better technical players , they can afford to pay for it, Hearts can’t . 

That’s something for our coaches to teach and I’m sure they’ll improve us , we were unlucky against Spartans and won our first game against hibs so they’re doing something right . 

outside of the3 glasgow clubs the league would be competitive , sadly I think now money is involved the way it’s being spent through west it’s going the same way as the men’s game . 

I suspect the old firm are investing with one eye on a European Women’s League in the future. 

I cannot see the likes of Hearts, hibs (or most clubs) being able to invest the necessary cash to get into that group which is why I see these clubs playing in a Scottish league at most. And probably fully amateur tbh. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday