Hearts Women - Hibs 2 Hearts 0

3fingersreid

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Embarrassing result and the manager should walk.

Harsh, we are a going through a learning curve🙂,

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3fingersreid

****ing awful , there’s getting beat and there’s capitulation 

Jeffros Furios

if your going to lose at least boot one of them in the baws/***** 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Watched a little bit from the corner while walking the dug.

42BC8063-6D47-4C0D-9C4C-2118F8275A4C.jpeg

Aye…aye…..rain coat on hands in pocket was it 😎

100k, andy kirk and Aaron Hughes. To get beat 6-0 by Hibs and be bottom of the league by a distance 

Doesn’t look great at all. Would be encouraged if any of them looked like athletes 

Edited by R1874

Stendelnator

Given the gulf between the sides, Hearts winning earlier this season is actually the more embarrassing result. 

Tommy Brown

Vermin have been going for years and were recent league winners.

A bit pespective ffs guys.

I do agree though, the fitness levels did look disappointing. 

Andy Kirk was only doing that while the reserve league was stopped was he not? So he'll move back to that role.

Need to sign better players so hopefully once the pandemic is over they can improve the quality of the squad. More young girls being involved now means a bigger pool of talent to pick from in the coming years, so I still think the £100k (which is actually James Anderson's money) is worth it for the long term development of their game.

29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

£100k we gave this? 🙄

Careful, I started a thread asking the same question and got loads of abuse. No idea why but people act as if they're above criticism.

Sooperstar
19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Vermin have been going for years and were recent league winners.

A bit pespective ffs guys.

I do agree though, the fitness levels did look disappointing. 

Disappointing? That's being very kind with regards to, I think, the number 9. That level of physique would be embarrassing for a Sunday amateur player. This is the top level of the game in our country. An extremely long way to go on that evidence.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Disappointing? That's being very kind with regards to, I think, the number 9. That level of physique would be embarrassing for a Sunday amateur player. This is the top level of the game in our country. An extremely long way to go on that evidence.

im sure the Academy boys are on exercise and diet plans, it appears this might not carry over to the women’s teams, I wonder why

davemclaren
42 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

£100k we gave this? 🙄

It was a benefactor contribution iirc. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Watched a little bit from the corner while walking the dug.

42BC8063-6D47-4C0D-9C4C-2118F8275A4C.jpeg

Does someone live in the new flats that were once Ainslie Park school?

Randy Marsh
2 hours ago, billybalfour said:

I don't follow this but not surprised at the results.I feel sorry for Andy Kirk who was trusted by Stendel and effectively ousted by Neilson.

Very shabby way to treat somebody as no way in a million years was that a promotion for him.More than likely he will move on in my opinion and I wouldn't blame him.

I feel for Kirk as well.  Been very harshly treated.  After the Brora embarrassment it would have been a good idea to demote Neilson to the Women's team until his contract ran down.  Kirk could have taken over until the summer before recruiting a decent manager for next season. 

Do we truly commit to a women's team or do we accept they are a small add on to the club who are there for show ?

If we commit then those selected need to do the same part time or not....there are a few male part timers who could also lose a few pounds. The club of course needs to supply the facilities, training kit, coaching staff etc to support them.

Whilst numbers are up there is still a limited pool of talent to choose from in the women's game and it must be hard to get those with talent to move to a 'new' club if finance is not the driving force.

In Scotland we are also looking to 'compete' with clubs who do pay players and in reality players will come and go on a regular basis especially when they are talented and looking for a paid future in the game.

We can offer much to young players up to a certain age and should be making sure coaching and a pathway are in place but in the real world money talks.......even allowing for that we should be able to attract players especially in the east of the country up to a certain point.

Again though do we commit funding (of all sorts) from the club far larger than is currently supplied ?....oh and look long term with age groups from say 10 years of age knowing we will not be able to keep the truly top class players but being happy we have given them the chance

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I feel for Kirk as well.  Been very harshly treated.  After the Brora embarrassment it would have been a good idea to demote Neilson to the Women's team until his contract ran down.  Kirk could have taken over until the summer before recruiting a decent manager for next season. 

Sounds like a plan 👍

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Does someone live in the new flats that were once Ainslie Park school?

👍🏻😂

132goals1958
5 hours ago, billybalfour said:

I don't follow this but not surprised at the results.I feel sorry for Andy Kirk who was trusted by Stendel and effectively ousted by Neilson.

Very shabby way to treat somebody as no way in a million years was that a promotion for him.More than likely he will move on in my opinion and I wouldn't blame him.

Couldn’t agree more. We needed a bit continuity when Stendel left and Andy Kirk was well respected at his lower level responsibilities. Neilson was more or less give a free pass to bring in his own back room staff. Maybe a common feature in the football world but neither Lee McCulloch or Gordon Forrest strike me as possessing any better credentials than someone who had already assisted at first team level 

5 hours ago, Hesh said:

im sure the Academy boys are on exercise and diet plans, it appears this might not carry over to the women’s teams, I wonder why

I bet the diet in the 50s included several pints and steak pies.

Look at the team we had.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It was a benefactor contribution iirc. 

Either way, it's £100k down the drain. Or £100k that Robbie could've spent on more dross. Everyone's a loser. 

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Either way, it's £100k down the drain. Or £100k that Robbie could've spent on more dross. Everyone's a loser. 

The £100k that James Anderson wouldn't have donated otherwise, you mean.

Will all you fandans give it a rest. This has feck all impact on Neilson's budget.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The £100k that James Anderson wouldn't have donated otherwise, you mean.

Will all you fandans give it a rest. This has feck all impact on Neilson's budget.

What is JA stops donating? A budget relying on donations is not great (not just for our women’s team but overall). 

Obviously he has no reason to stop but will his contribution increase with costs? Or will he want to get involved in the wider women’s game and shift interest to a national level?

Jambo_Gaz
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What is JA stops donating? A budget relying on donations is not great (not just for our women’s team but overall). 

Obviously he has no reason to stop but will his contribution increase with costs? Or will he want to get involved in the wider women’s game and shift interest to a national level?

Its a horrendous waste of cash. 

Nessjambo67

Hubs ladies have always been good not that I watch a lot of woman’s football so the result is no surprise what one victory all season? Been bad enough at times watching the first team ! Definitely feel for Kirk given a job like that he deserves better in my opinion. 

jambopilms

We deserve better. Blah blah hope my ten pounds a month's doesn't pay towards this pish. Blah blah. Budge Blah blah. I'm not buying a season ticket until Kirk is oot.

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It’s his £100k to do with as he likes. 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So he can just stop contributing any time he likes - where would that leave us?

This is not just about the ladies team, it is about a reliance on money from someone who can walk away at any time and is also unaccountable.

Clearly he is nothing but a positive now but it is also clear he cares for the wider game so he may want to expand his horizons beyond us.

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He'd be as well finding the nearest drain and shoving his £100k down there. 

jambopilms

So other clubs can afford a ladies team but we can't ? But we have a top 4 budget and should be aiming for Europe ? Can't have it both ways.

Or do we just have a special set of supporters who analyse every single aspect of everything find a negative. The ladies are not affecting you or the first team, get a life.

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

So other clubs can afford a ladies team but we can't ? But we have a top 4 budget and should be aiming for Europe ? Can't have it both ways.

Or do we just have a special set of supporters who analyse every single aspect of everything find a negative. The ladies are not affecting you or the first team, get a life.

Did you watch the game? 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So he can just stop contributing any time he likes - where would that leave us?

This is not just about the ladies team, it is about a reliance on money from someone who can walk away at any time and is also unaccountable.

Clearly he is nothing but a positive now but it is also clear he cares for the wider game so he may want to expand his horizons beyond us.

Supporters can walk away any time you like as well, as we might find out soon so few income sources are guaranteed. As long as you don’t plan to spend ‘donations’ until you have them confirmed. I don’t see a big issue. 

jambopilms
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Did you watch the game? 

No, what the point. Only invest in the ladies if we win more ? 

The women's team isn't the problem. The club are the problem.

The men's team are guff, why would we expect the women's team to be any different?

Hopefully one day, both sides will be decent.

Des Lynam
Just now, jambopilms said:

No, what the point. Only invest in the ladies if we win more ? 

What’s the point in watching the ladies team? Is that your response? 

jambopilms
Just now, Des Lynam said:

What’s the point in watching the ladies team? Is that your response? 

No my point was , why are you asking if I watched the game, what difference does it make to what I was saying.

Des Lynam
Just now, jambopilms said:

No my point was , why are you asking if I watched the game, what difference does it make to what I was saying.

Did you watch the game? 

davemclaren

I suppose it’s progress that we’ve gone from no-one caring about the Women’s team to arguing over a defeat. Job done I reckon. 😂

Des Lynam
Just now, davemclaren said:

I suppose it’s progress that we’ve gone from no-one caring about the Women’s team to arguing over a defeat. Job done I reckon. 😂

Did you watch the game? 

:lol: 

davemclaren
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Did you watch the game? 

:lol: 

No, I don’t generally watch women’s football. 😄

Tokyo Drifter

Don't know much about the women's game but I watched yesterday. Liked the fact they didn't let their heads go down even though they were getting a thrashing. From what I know we're relatively new to the scene while Hibs, Spartans and Glasgow City are well-established. Give it time, it'll come.

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where has this come from?

I had an exchange on Twitter with a EEN journalist who one day criticised the Scotland MNT as "not having a high performance culture" when we were horsed by Khazakstan and next day wrote a gushing article about the Hearts Women's team where Kevin Murphy had stated "Ann hasn't set us any targets". I asked why that particular journo felt it was OK not to have a "high performance culture" across all levels of elite sport and the conversation strayed into how we got ROI on the £100K that had been invested. The reply was "it's unlikely to provide ROI as they're not doing it to make money".

At no point did said journo indicate that this £100K was coming from benefactors - is there any evidence for this?

Des Lynam
4 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Don't know much about the women's game but I watched yesterday. Liked the fact they didn't let their heads go down even though they were getting a thrashing. From what I know we're relatively new to the scene while Hibs, Spartans and Glasgow City are well-established. Give it time, it'll come.

I agree. They need more funding. 

davemclaren
Just now, iainmac said:

Where has this come from?

I had an exchange on Twitter with a EEN journalist who one day criticised the Scotland MNT as "not having a high performance culture" when we were horsed by Khazakstan and next day wrote a gushing article about the Hearts Women's team where Kevin Murphy had stated "Ann hasn't set us any targets". I asked why that particular journo felt it was OK not to have a "high performance culture" across all levels of elite sport and the conversation strayed into how we got ROI on the £100K that had been invested. The reply was "it's unlikely to provide ROI as they're not doing it to make money".

At no point did said journo indicate that this £100K was coming from benefactors - is there any evidence for this?

It was discussed on here a year or so ago. Will see if I can find the thread. 

Cruickie's Moustache

The ladies team needs improving but as other have pointed it out they have really just got going over the last few seasons while some clubs been at it for years. They need time and support, not criticism.

How many blokes on here would have loved to play for the Hearts or have wished their sons had been good enough to get a sniff at wearing the maroon?

Now imagine if you had a football daft daughter and all you could say was "Sorry love, you'll never play for Hearts because we don't like woman's football, best go join the Hibs etc".

11 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

The ladies team needs improving but as other have pointed it out they have really just got going over the last few seasons while some clubs been at it for years. They need time and support, not criticism.

How many blokes on here would have loved to play for the Hearts or have wished their sons had been good enough to get a sniff at wearing the maroon?

Now imagine if you had a football daft daughter and all you could say was "Sorry love, you'll never play for Hearts because we don't like woman's football, best go join the Hibs etc".

Good one

Tommy Brown

As I have posted in the past, we like to shout that we are the 3rd biggest Footblall Club in Scotland.

If we were not seen to be supporting Women's football as we had until recently, that would have been shameful.

I dont know what the answer is, the talent pool is extremely weak to support a really good league.

How do young girls stay interested enough to continue playing into their teens and beyond?

We are virtually the new kids on the block, if a player is particularly good, the OF, Glasgow City and Hibs will be more inviting to them.

It is not going to be an immediate jump into holding our own, let alone bing league challengers.

The sum of money being "thrown down the drain" is not a lot of cash, considering our turnover as a club.

No-one is aking you to watch or care, just try and be supportive and wish well.

FYI, I have not watched any games, but boy did I cheer when they beat the vermin earlier in the season.

32 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Correct.

Would love it if I'm lucky enough in the future to have a wee girl who had ambitions and the opportunity to pull on the maroon jersey.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hibs 2 Hearts 0