Hearts Women - Hibs 2 Hearts 0

3fingersreid

jambopilms

100k is about 4 months wages to Steven Naismith. If you are looking at where the club are wasting money look at the real problems, not the ladies team who haven't taken any money out of your pockets and haven't affected you in any way. Folk are just desperate to find something to moan about.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3fingersreid

Unfortunately the game has been changed for the worse by the two glasgow teams throwing cash at it . Being able to pay players £20k and in a few cases £25K plus a year means the rest ( except glasgow city in the short term) will be left trailing in their wake . 
If the powers in charge had had some guts they might’ve been able to reduce the impact on the women’s game by introducing financial limits but that’s not happening . 
As was mentioned earlier the pool of players is small and given the swpl moving the season from April to October to August to April will not improve that pool, it’ll make it smaller . Summer football is the way for the women’s game to go . 
I’d also make the top league maybe 14 teams rather than the 8 it is ,soon to be 10 

The other thing I wonder about is could it be that uefa are thinking along the lines that if a team in a countries top league qualifies for a euro tournament one stipulation could be they require a women’s team affiliated to the club ? 
Being uefa it’s all about money . 

John Findlay

Let's go back to 1874, a group of pals are kicking a ball about the Edinburgh meadows. Lo and behold they decided to form a fitbaw team and call them Heart of Midlothian.

They had started, they had to have started somewhere. That team is now 147 years old.

Know that football club has decided to have a woman's team as alot has changed since 1874 or has it?

The woman's team has had to start somewhere, just like their male counterparts. They are having a tough season, hey it's not like this hasnt ever happened to their male equivalents.

Yesterday they lost 6-0 to Hibernian, a team that was established long before their opponents. 

Those that have never watched a Hearts women's team kick a ball are up in arms, the women's team are shite etc etc.

Here was me watching the male team on the 01/01/73 against Hibernians at Tynecastle Park the score was Heart of Midlothian 0 Hibernian 7.

The male team survived this and we can fast forward the clock to the 19/05/2012. Scottish cup final the final score is Hibernian 1 Heart of Midlothian 5. It took 39 years from 73 to 2012, so leave the women alone. They will put yesterday's score right, I have no doubts about that.

3fingersreid
32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let's go back to 1874, a group of pals are kicking a ball about the Edinburgh meadows. Lo and behold they decided to form a fitbaw team and call them Heart of Midlothian.

They had started, they had to have started somewhere. That team is now 147 years old.

Know that football club has decided to have a woman's team as alot has changed since 1874 or has it?

The woman's team has had to start somewhere, just like their male counterparts. They are having a tough season, hey it's not like this hasnt ever happened to their male equivalents.

Yesterday they lost 6-0 to Hibernian, a team that was established long before their opponents. 

Those that have never watched a Hearts women's team kick a ball are up in arms, the women's team are shite etc etc.

Here was me watching the male team on the 01/01/73 against Hibernians at Tynecastle Park the score was Heart of Midlothian 0 Hibernian 7.

The male team survived this and we can fast forward the clock to the 19/05/2012. Scottish cup final the final score is Hibernian 1 Heart of Midlothian 5. It took 39 years from 73 to 2012, so leave the women alone. They will put yesterday's score right, I have no doubts about that.

Fantastic post , if you don’t mind I’ll be passing that on 

GMEdinburgh

Budge confirmed a 6 figure to the Hearts ladies/girls so a minimum of a 100k but could be as much as 999,999 does anyone know the exact figure, If you take away Kirk and others wages, possible hire of the Oriam, kit, fees etc you may not have much change of 100k anyway. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Good post, and yup, I was there too in 73.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Nobody (except a couple of idiots) are suggesting there should not be a women's team.

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Good post. Fortunately it took the men’s team just 8 or 9 months to start putting that infamous defeat right with a 4-1 win. Perhaps the women’s team need a female version of Drew Busby to get on the upward path again. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Good post. Fortunately it took the men’s team just 8 or 9 months to start putting that infamous defeat right with a 4-1 win. Perhaps the women’s team need a female version of Drew Busby to get on the upward path again. 

Andrina Busby signing tomorrow I hear. 

Australis

Most looked like they need to do a couple of hundred laps around Arthur's seat this week.

To learn how to breath when running.

Australis
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Most looked like they need to do a couple of hundred laps around Arthur's seat this week.

To learn how to breath when running.

Breathe 

Pasquale for King

Having watched their last few games they are lacking in fitness unfortunately, now they really shouldn’t be any less fit than others, especially seeing as the team seem to made up of youngsters. As for the coaching team of Kirk and Hughes I can see no sign of a game-plan or style, it’s just defend on your 18 yard line. We are lucky there’s no relegation so no consequences for failure, sounds so depressingly familiar. 

Nookie Bear

I didn’t realise Aaron Hughes was coaching the ladies team. 

Good for the ladies but that can’t be the role he wanted in football, and I doubt he is doing it for free either. 

On 03/05/2021 at 11:44, 3fingersreid said:

Fantastic post , if you don’t mind I’ll be passing that on 

Bet your house was fun on Sunday night 😞 

Hopefully John Findlays post resonates with the “special one” and the rest if the team. Its one game , use it as motivation to push forward , it takes time and they have done brilliantly to get to where they are so quickly. That feeling after a derby win WILL come round again. 

3fingersreid
59 minutes ago, sadj said:

Bet your house was fun on Sunday night 😞 

Hopefully John Findlays post resonates with the “special one” and the rest if the team. Its one game , use it as motivation to push forward , it takes time and they have done brilliantly to get to where they are so quickly. That feeling after a derby win WILL come round again. 

The car journey back up the road was somewhat subdued , we watched it on Monday to discuss what she did right and what she did wrong and to be honest she held her hand up and admitted she’d been horrendous . 
Her emotions were anger frustration embarrassment disappointment . 

Im not giving it as any kind of excuse for her but right now her feet are badly blistered and both nails are hanging off her big toes , not much fun tackling or kicking a ball at the minute , in fact any tips on improving her feet would be greatly appreciated 

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The car journey back up the road was somewhat subdued , we watched it on Monday to discuss what she did right and what she did wrong and to be honest she held her hand up and admitted she’d been horrendous . 
Her emotions were anger frustration embarrassment disappointment

Im not giving it as any kind of excuse for her but right now her feet are badly blistered and both nails are hanging off her big toes , not much fun tackling or kicking a ball at the minute , in fact any tips on improving her feet would be greatly appreciated 

In a funny way, that is exactly the kind of emotions you would want her to feel.

Jamhammer
On 03/05/2021 at 09:54, Cruickie's Moustache said:

The ladies team needs improving but as other have pointed it out they have really just got going over the last few seasons while some clubs been at it for years. They need time and support, not criticism.

How many blokes on here would have loved to play for the Hearts or have wished their sons had been good enough to get a sniff at wearing the maroon?

Now imagine if you had a football daft daughter and all you could say was "Sorry love, you'll never play for Hearts because we don't like woman's football, best go join the Hibs etc".

As the father of a daughter this 100%
She was a very good centre half. Much better than me.

Sadly a blood disorder ruled out contact sports for her. 
Im proud of her many accomplishments since but I’d have burst wi pride seeing her playing for Hearts

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

In a funny way, that is exactly the kind of emotions you would want her to feel.

I know exactly what you mean , the hurt on her face when she came out the changing rooms wasn’t what I wanted to see but it did tell me she had the right attitude to the result and performance.

Her first words were , “ I’m sorry dad that was embarrassing both as a team but especially me “.

I told her chin up and think about me , I’ve now got to go on JKB 😀

The reply wouldn’t get through the swear filter , but at least it cracked a smile. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

I know exactly what you mean , the hurt on her face when she came out the changing rooms wasn’t what I wanted to see but it did tell me she had the right attitude to the result and performance.

Her first words were , “ I’m sorry dad that was embarrassing both as a team but especially me “.

I told her chin up and think about me , I’ve now got to go on JKB 😀

The reply wouldn’t get through the swear filter , but at least it cracked a smile. 

Kids these days 🙄

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I also have a professional sports person in the family. Sometimes they’ll get beat but don’t looked too bothered about it as they did as well as they could. Sometimes they’ll show the emotions above. 

I’ve definitely changed my outlook and might not be as critical of players as I might have been in the past, it makes a difference when they are a friend or family member. I suspect most football fans have little to no personal interaction with players which is why we see some of the abuse we do. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I also have a professional sports person in the family. Sometimes they’ll get beat but don’t looked too bothered about it as they did as well as they could. Sometimes they’ll show the emotions above. 

I’ve definitely changed my outlook and might not be as critical of players as I might have been in the past, it makes a difference when they are a friend or family member. I suspect most football fans have little to no personal interaction with players which is why we see some of the abuse we do. 

That's interesting.

One of my kids is starting to compete at a decent level (for his age) and already i am starting to see how they deal with games that actually mean something.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Her emotions were anger frustration embarrassment disappointment . 

Iv sent her a wee message , those emotions are what you would expect and horrendous is harsh , she has been a standout since she made her debut. Just do as you did watch it back learn from it and put it out her mind. TV , derby , being a jambo may have made her go too hard and thats when you can make mistakes. 

Off the top of my head things for her feet and nails that could help....

Losing nails and blisters are quite common. I used to use vaseline and extra socks , vaseline in the heel of the boot then between toes or on areas that may rub. Can put it on the sock too. It might help alleviate the rubbing and pain.  

Dry my boots with paper stuffed in them and id try and heat them up a bit before I put them on so they softened and moulded (sp?) around my foot a bit better. Keep the nails really short as sometimes when you stop it stubs and hurts. Different pairs of boots for say fitness work and ball exercises at training. 

If she has blisters theres a wee trick that sounds weird but works. Its very old skool though and I’m not sure it would be recommended if she asked. Sterilise a needle and thread it then pierce the blister on one side and come out the other. That drains the fluid , cut the thread and tie it so the fluid can escape for a few days til the pain goes. 

If I think of anything else aside from kicking trees with bare feet til they can handle anything I’ll give ya a wee shout. 

Alex Hamill trod on my foot once while coaching me and said get used to it as defenders make sure their front studs are a bit longer so that if they accidentally stand on you they will slow you down for the entire game. (I am not advocating this but...) 

Edited by sadj

12 minutes ago, Hesh said:

A lot forget its a job 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's interesting.

One of my kids is starting to compete at a decent level (for his age) and already i am starting to see how they deal with games that actually mean something.

aye, I’ve never been in a position to give coaching advice but its easy to praise when things have gone well. I never criticise in any way, it doesn’t matter if I think somethings gone badly i leave it to the coach to sort that. If something doesn’t look to clever I’ll limit myself to something like ‘what happened there?” So I can get a view on it 

Pasquale for King
On 03/05/2021 at 11:11, John Findlay said:

Good post, they’ve already beaten them this season. 
ps it’s 49 years 😜

Imo, people who don't see how big womens football is becoming simply aren't paying attention.  This covid sesson has been a setback for us and many others but having gained promotion pre covid I'm hoping we will go from strength to strength next season.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post, they’ve already beaten them this season. 
ps it’s 49 years 😜

Damn. I passed my arithmetic O Grade too.

3fingersreid

Suffered a 3-0 defeat on Sunday to Spartans , the real big problem is the keeper was sent off , harshly in my view , which given our other keeper is out injured means we don’t have a keeper for our next two games , rangers and celtic 😡

I get the feeling we could be facing record defeats , personally I’d forfeit the games 

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Suffered a 3-0 defeat on Sunday to Spartans , the real big problem is the keeper was sent off , harshly in my view , which given our other keeper is out injured means we don’t have a keeper for our next two games , rangers and celtic 😡

I get the feeling we could be facing record defeats , personally I’d forfeit the games 

Cant an emergency loan keeper be got in?

Voice of reason
21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not sure how you can ask for people to take the Women’s game seriously and then suggest our club forfeit games due to a couple of keepers being unavailable. Would you expect our men’s team to do that? I imagine we’d get large fines as well.

Give the Hearts U19 keeper, who is very competent, the opportunity to experience the first team and learn. That’s what a good player development club would do. It would be far more humiliating to forfeit games due to a couple of keepers being out than it would be to lose by heavy scores. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Voice of reason

3fingersreid
6 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I guess they can be but it’s trying to convince someone to come by tomorrow night for the rangers game . 

Ive tried but failed to upload the sending off that Charlotte received along with the yellow card that a celtic player got from her challenge on a motherwell player , it’s clear to see the refs are instructed in the women’s game the same as they are in the men’s game 😡

8 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Give Bobby a shave, a wig and a bit of lippy.no one will notice

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Not sure how you can ask for people to take the Women’s game seriously and then suggest our club forfeit games due to a couple of keepers being unavailable. Would you expect our men’s team to do that? I imagine we’d get large fines as well.

Give the Hearts U19 keeper, who is very competent, the opportunity to experience the first team and learn. That’s what a good player development club would do. It would be far more humiliating to forfeit games due to a couple of keepers being out than it would be to lose by heavy scores. Just my thoughts.

That’s fair enough , the last time we did that we lost 10-0 

Im not in anyway saying the U19’s keeper isn’t any good , I’ve never seen her play, but what would it do for her confidence if she was to lose that amount or more ?  It might be that she would play a blinder and that would be great but we’re up against a very very good rangers team . 
Im just frustrated at the way the women’s game has started to go ,with cash now being the way to success like the mans game . 

in case the parents or even the U18’s keeper posts on here I’m not doubting the girls abilities I’m just not wanting her disheartened 

Voice of reason
3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Im not in anyway saying the U19’s keeper isn’t any good , I’ve never seen her play, but what would it do for her confidence if she was to lose that amount or more ?  It might be that she would play a blinder and that would be great but we’re up against a very very good rangers team . 
Im just frustrated at the way the women’s game has started to go ,with cash now being the way to success like the mans game . 

in case the parents or even the U18’s keeper posts on here I’m not doubting the girls abilities I’m just not wanting her disheartened 

I do appreciate that point. To be honest, we could easily lose 10-0 with Charlotte PS in goals against these teams. The gulf is now huge due to money - you just need to take the big defeats against the top 3 on the chin but, whatever, you do need to fulfill your fixtures.

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I do appreciate that point. To be honest, we could easily lose 10-0 with Charlotte PS in goals against these teams. The gulf is now huge due to money - you just need to take the big defeats against the top 3 on the chin but, whatever, you do need to fulfill your fixtures.

Deep down I know that , it’s when you are down the luck really does go against you , one injured one unlucky to be sent off . 

Not sure if you’ve seen the celtic players yellow card , how it wasn’t a straight red I’ll never know .

12 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Deep down I know that , it’s when you are down the luck really does go against you , one injured one unlucky to be sent off . 

Not sure if you’ve seen the celtic players yellow card , how it wasn’t a straight red I’ll never know .

And worse, she had 2 attempts at the stamp before eventually catching the Motherwell player's knee.

Edited by DETTY29

How is the season looking and expectations for the squad?  From what I've observed the team has took a bit of a hit from Murphy moving onto Rangers and some of the better players leaving - is that a fair assessment? 

Nookie Bear
37 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Seems that way.

Also wonder if this is the best use of Kirk and Hughes' abilities and whether Hearts should look to bring in someone with experience of the women's game at this level. I certainly guess they will see it as a waste of their abilities.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Never forfeit games. Even if the girls do suffer heavy defeats, they will have still learned more than by forfeiting.

Amyway, sometimes in adversity it binds you stronger together and you achieve more than you far expected to.

So bring on the Hibs, the Celts, the Rangers, bring on the spaniards by the score, Barcelona, Real Madrid, we will make a gallant bid as we are off to show the world what we can do.

Forever Hearts

Receiving umpteen hammerings on a regular basis will do nothing for their confidence. They're more likely to chuck it than knuckle down. 

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Got a link to twitter , never saw anything over the weekend

John Findlay
48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Receiving umpteen hammerings on a regular basis will do nothing for their confidence. They're more likely to chuck it than knuckle down. 

If that was to be the case, then i would humbly suggest their heart was never in it to begin with.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If that was to be the case, then i would humbly suggest their heart was never in it to begin with.

Everybody's got a breaking point. Who could blame them for saying "stuff this". 

Does anyone have a breakdown for all the teams in the league as to investment please?

I'd safely say Hearts are top 4.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Does anyone have a breakdown for all the teams in the league as to investment please?

I'd safely say Hearts are top 4.

I reckon only Motherwell will have less invested in there women’s teams

All the Glasgow sides are paid, I’ve heard certain players at Hibs and Spartans and Forfar are employed by the clubs at community level, ie coaching schools 

Edited by jbee647

Just now, jbee647 said:

I reckon only Motherwell will have less invested in there women’s teams

All the Glasgow sides are paid, I’ve heard certain players at Hibs and Spartans and Forfar are employed by the clubs at community lever, ie coaching schools 

We have full time managers and coaches  - ex players too so they would not come cheap.

47 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

John it’s not as simple as that, they are amateurs playing professionals our girls work, school kids, mothers and students

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hibs 2 Hearts 0