• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News just keeps getting better but my nerves are still a bit shredded.  I honestly think this is a historic day for Hearts.  The womens game will do nothing but grow in years to come.

As an aside, I just saw brief highlights of a women's game between Lyon and Barca.  The place appeared to be close to packed.  Can't think there were less than 30,000 present.

Coburg Hearts

I think it should read 45+2 

47' Close for the home side!! Hearts break from the left and the shot whistles past the right hand post. Remains 1-0 as we get closer to the break.

40 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Your daughter not only makes her dad proud but makes the whole Hearts supporting family proud. Good luck Claire and the rest of the girls 

Cheers mate 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Cheers mate 👍🏻

You’re welcome Mr D. And thanks for the pint in the Guards club last week. I’m owe you one my friend. HHGH

Coburg Hearts

48' Partick go close with the first chance after the break. The ball is played out wide, drilled across the Hearts box but comes to nothing.

Coburg Hearts

49’ A break in play following a coming together of heads with Maz Kaney and Thistle’s Cheryl Rigden.

Coburg Hearts

53’ The Jambos are close to going two to the good. A lovely Brill Edwards cut back finds McGinley who should score but doesn’t thanks to a great save from the Thistle keeper.

Coburg Hearts

57' End to end stuff as Hearts look to double their lead whilst Thistle are still hunting for their equaliser. 

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Come on the Jambos!!!

:flag1::jambobanana::flagwave:

2-0

McGinley nice finish in box holding off defender 

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, campbell said:

Is there much of a crowd? Really hoping for a decent turn out for them been a very good season 

Someone earlier projected there could be as many as 2,000 there.  Fantastic if that is anywhere near accurate.

Coburg Hearts

Old news but ......

60’ The Jambos double their lead! A lovely link up from Smith and Delworth finds McGinley who keeps her strike low and into the bottom left hand corner. Get in! #HeartsWomen #HEAPAR

Coburg Hearts
63' It's liquid football here as Hearts push for their third. Walkingshaw and Kaney combine in the middle to play a through ball to Brill-Edwards who just can't get on the end of it. 2-0. #HeartsWomen #HEAPAR

I’m watching the North London derby in the WSL. It’s a big ask for Spurs to beat Arsenal this early in their top league career and Arsenal being champions and packed with international players but proper derby feel to the match. Pretty big crowd as well with the ground looking well over half full. 

Edited by Tazio

So regardless of what Hamilton can do, Partick now need 3 to stop us being champions.  That's about as likely as Hibs winning the Cup more than once a century.

Coburg Hearts

73’ Goalscorer Rachel Walkingshaw makes way to a standing ovation here at Tynecastle. Louise Mason comes on in her place. Still 2-0 to the Jambos.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Walkingshaw

1-0

Partick gave ball away and chipped keeper from 25 yards

1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Hearts score! Poor kick from keeper gathered by Walkingshaw. Kept her head and fored it in from 15(?)  yards.

Women always get it wrong when measuring...

Coburg Hearts
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for these updates Coburg.  Very helpful for us dinosaurs who aren't on Twitter.

No problem, Doug, though I'm also talking with my daughter on whatsup about my christmas, haha

Coburg Hearts

79' Hearts go close for their third! Louise Mason floats a ball into the back post that is met by the head of Brill-Edwards who puts it just past the post. Remains 2-0 to the home side. #

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Women always get it wrong when measuring...

It was a measured lob, though.

And in breaking news which has nothing to do with women, Novi has scored the only goal so far in a mouth watering friendly against NZ.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It was a measured lob, though.

Was the lob on?

Ok, enough.

SHREEEEEE.

Coburg Hearts
85' And it's Danni McGinley at the double!!! McGinley picks up the ball, runs parallel to the 18 yard box and drills it into the bottom right corner past the flailing arms of the Thistle keeper. 3-0 to the Jambos!!! #HeartsWomen #HEAPAR

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Was the lob on?

Ok, enough.

SHREEEEEE.

I think you are right. haha

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday