• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Notice BBC didn't show a replay of that head assault by Kavanagh.  It was criminal - stuck the head in.

Still the draw is a good result against these overpaid them/they/zey, whatever.

Biased commentary, Celtic dropped a point, unfortunately!!!  Actually, 2 points, you numpty.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Notice BBC didn't show a replay of that head assault by Kavanagh.  It was criminal - stuck the head in.

Still the draw is a good result against these overpaid them/they/zey, whatever.

Biased commentary, Celtic dropped a point, unfortunately!!!  Actually, 2 points, you numpty.

Yeah.

Super duper Celtic paving the way for women's football. Their true deserved destiny interrupted. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 1 Celtic 1

First time Celtic have failed to win (excluding against Rangers and Glasgow City) since January 2023 when they drew against Motherwell. Definitely a very impressive result. 

27 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What are the budgets like in the women's league?

Are we over/under achieving?

I'd imagine we should be 4th.

Started season poorly but starting to pick up decent results now. Would expect we will finish 4th again come end of season 

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'd imagine we should be 4th.

Started season poorly but starting to pick up decent results now. Would expect we will finish 4th again come end of season 

Cheers.

That's quite encouraging. I'd perceived us to be investing quite a lot so good (not from our perspective but for the game) that the 3 Glasgow clubs are spending even more.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

What are the budgets like in the women's league?

Are we over/under achieving?

Only thing I can say for certain is that the Uglies have a much bigger budget than the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
Mikey1874

Edinburgh Caledonia League One (3rd division) side based at Meadowbank in Scottish Cup. 

20240107_200006.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 9 Edinburgh Caledonia 0
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some notable points

Not the most common surname . I knew a guy a year or maybe two above me at Balerno High School with that surname . Would be about 46 now . Wonder if they are his kids 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Not the most common surname . I knew a guy a year or maybe two above me at Balerno High School with that surname . Would be about 46 now . Wonder if they are his kids 

Hearts did have a Stephen Husband on their books a few years ago. He was a very good midfielder with the U19s and reserves of his time. He was transferred to Blackpool in 2010 for a reported £100k and subsequently played for Stockport, Dunfermline Forfar and Kelty, before going on to manage Dundonald Bluebell..  

Edited by Footballfirst

gorgierulesapply88

15 year olds played, what's the point in this Caledonia mob? 

JimmyCant
On 08/01/2024 at 15:32, Footballfirst said:

Hearts did have a Stephen Husband on their books a few years ago. He was a very good midfielder with the U19s and reserves of his time. He was transferred to Blackpool in 2010 for a reported £100k and subsequently played for Stockport, Dunfermline Forfar and Kelty, before going on to manage Dundonald Bluebell..  

Jimmy Husband played for Everton back in the day. Very decent striker. He was/is a Geordie. Not sure if any relation to those mentioned above 

Stendelnator

The current SWPL League table makes grim reading. Good to see us doing well but the clear chasm in quality and funding almost defeats the purpose. Need the split very quickly to make the games have some meaning 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Women - Motherwell 0 Hearts 3
Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thread title change. Final is at Tynecastle. League Cup final.

Given that result, the date of cup final should be changed. Brian Graham is manager of Patrick women's team and final clashes with their men's first team game. Not unreasonable for him to want to be at cup final but it is against Rangers so who knows what decision will be.

Mikey1874

As above Rangers v Patrick Thistle. Game moved to Sunday to avoid clash with Partick men.

Edited by Mikey1874

Kalamazoo Jambo

Very unlucky not to open the scoring there. Off one post, possibly both posts (need to see a replay).

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts v Spartans (live on YouTube)
Malinga the Swinga

Will take the three points and move on to next game. It's a fair bit windy out there today and conditions at Oriam will have been difficult.

Always nice to have clean sheet.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 1 Spartans 0
Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Will take the three points and move on to next game. It's a fair bit windy out there today and conditions at Oriam will have been difficult.

Always nice to have clean sheet.

Yeah, frustrating game but got the needed outcome.

John Findlay

According to the match stats had 16 shots with six on target.

Spartans had no shots at all. So none off or on target.

Cameronstheman

Checked the stats at around 75 mins, all Hearts and we were 10/11 for the next goal Put a tenner next goal and i had just hit the button to bet and Bang!!!

That doesny happen to often  🤣

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Top 6 confirmed 

Does the swpfl have a split as well?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2