Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmorewasgash

The curse of a new contract for Eva a la Bob. The amount the bigots spend now to make them top dogs it was great Glasgow City won it last season. I fear they will go to wall as bigot pair will sign their best players which is a a shame as there isn't the religious crap at their womens games. We have spent more than ever yet we even lost to hibs recently who cut back finances on it. Only team that was doing well was B team but even they are drawing weekly now. Least we have had 2 decent results for men going into hibs game.

Albert McFly

The team is going backwards and the cost are going upwards. Without being controversial I don't think any other manager would get away with it but ours does seems to be immune to critism or it could be the lack of general interest in the women's game means there is no focus. Another failure by our sporting director! 

The academy has better U18s players that could have been promoted and provided a better product than the current group of salaried players

Ford Prentice

Montrose have been roundly thrashed by everyone and the BBC are describing this draw as the best result in their history but Eva's post match interview made it sound like we were a little unlucky against a very physical team! We do seem to be getting worse instead of better.  She seems to churn out the same cliches after every game, I appreciate English is not her first language but she's been here a few years now and it doesn't seem to get any any better. All in all it's getting worrying, we have Spartans and Motherwell up next and need to be putting them both away in the run up to the next derby. Very happy we're funding the women's team but we need to be getting value for money and this season we're not.

Edited by Ford Prentice

52 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Montrose have been roundly thrashed by everyone and the BBC are describing this draw as the best result in their history but Eva's post match interview made it sound like we were a little unlucky against a very physical team! We do seem to be getting worse instead of better.  She seems to churn out the same cliches after every game, I appreciate English is not her first language but she's been here a few years now and it doesn't seem to get any any better. All in all it's getting worrying, we have Spartans and Motherwell up next and need to be putting them both away in the run up to the next derby. Very happy we're funding the women's team but we need to be getting value for money and this season we're not.

Their results overall aren't that bad. It's untrue to say they've been regularly thrashed. Just by Rangers and Celtic. 

The White Cockade

that’s an awful result 

i’ve watched a few of the games on you tube and to be fair sister from 2 or 3 players we are pretty poor 

lack of pace, aggression and ability 

I thought with the new signings we’d move on this season and challenge the top three but seem to be going backwards at a rate of knots

the malaise at our club is right across the board from top to bottom 

we continue to walk away with the best looking coach award but that’s all we are winning!

18 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

The team is going backwards and the cost are going upwards. Without being controversial I don't think any other manager would get away with it but ours does seems to be immune to critism or it could be the lack of general interest in the women's game means there is no focus. Another failure by our sporting director! 

The academy has better U18s players that could have been promoted and provided a better product than the current group of salaried players

You generally see the other 3 'big' teams from Glasgow give youth a chance, however, the recruitment this term would indicate that youth promotion to the first team is not a priority currently.  I noticed at the end of last season a few youth players got a few minutes and this season some have been on the bench. I wonder if they could be lost to other teams who give youth more of a chance.

I have watched a few girls' youth games last season and was impressed with the technical ability of the youngsters.  Which youngsters from the youth setup are ready for the step up?

Eva has earned some leeway given the progress that had been made until this season. She deserves more time to turn it around.

Results are not encouraging though. In a year we should be pushing to get closer to the OF and City, the gap seems to be widening. Add in losses to Hibs and that godawful draw yesterday then it's only right questions should be asked.

There is no progress from last season. None whatsoever. 

Re the youngsters -  we have some of the best young footballers in the country at Hearts currently. If they aren't seeing any sort of pathway to the main team then they will be looking elsewhere for game time and parents of even younger girls will see better opportunities for their girls at other clubs.

Albert McFly

There's at least 4 who could step up and be faster more technical and most importantly fitter, the fitness levels of some of the first team woman are extremely low even by amateur men's standards

The academy does have some of the best players in the country all the way down to U12s and all they see is out of shape and less talented players coming in on salaries which must be deflating 

Stendelnator

A few seasons ago Hearts had 5/6/7 players at a time called up into the international youth squads. We don’t see those any more. What’s happened to all of these young players? I appreciate the need to accelerate progress but at what cost? 

12 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

There's at least 4 who could step up and be faster more technical and most importantly fitter, the fitness levels of some of the first team woman are extremely low even by amateur men's standards

The academy does have some of the best players in the country all the way down to U12s and all they see is out of shape and less talented players coming in on salaries which must be deflating 

Three young players who all came through the girls academy and all internationals at youth level and had graduated to the first team, from as far back as u12s and everyone a Hearts fan were all released last close season.

Ill be honest like the first team I don’t think there will be many opportunities going forward for the younger girls for regular football in the women’s team within the current direction.

There are 2 or 3 girls in the current squad who have only made a handful of appearances over the past 2 seasons 

Edited by jbee647

21 hours ago, Homme said:

Eva has earned some leeway given the progress that had been made until this season. She deserves more time to turn it around.

Results are not encouraging though. In a year we should be pushing to get closer to the OF and City, the gap seems to be widening. Add in losses to Hibs and that godawful draw yesterday then it's only right questions should be asked.

There is no progress from last season. None whatsoever. 

Re the youngsters -  we have some of the best young footballers in the country at Hearts currently. If they aren't seeing any sort of pathway to the main team then they will be looking elsewhere for game time and parents of even younger girls will see better opportunities for their girls at other clubs.

She gets leeway because of her looks. Very few people are really that fussed about the progress of the team, except to keep an eye on the spending.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

She gets leeway because of her looks. Very few people are really that fussed about the progress of the team, except to keep an eye on the spending.

The first part is nonsense. She's proven herself to be a very capable manager and it's been a poor start to the season, not disastrous.

Folk 'keeping an eye on spending' are just plain weird.

10 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

A few seasons ago Hearts had 5/6/7 players at a time called up into the international youth squads. We don’t see those any more. What’s happened to all of these young players? I appreciate the need to accelerate progress but at what cost? 

5 in the most recent youth squads.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

5 in the most recent youth squads.

I’m referring to the Scotland U19s, first team players, seem to recall us having loads in that squad. It seems the promising young players have no clear path any more. The U23s just played their first match so it’s not really an established squad and it’s hard to claim McGovern as one of our youth prospects. The lack of game time will certainly hurt them. The young keeper Rodgers is supposedly promising but from the highlights on Sunday she was at fault for all three goals conceded. Surely she’d be better served starting every week on loan somewhere. 

Was always impressed by Jenny Smith when I saw her play, good technically, a good work ethic but now doing well for Celtic.  A player developed by Hearts who has for one reason or another left the club. 

Celtic and Rangers who have a decent budget too, seem to blood more young players than us into their first teams and it appears this is a better balance so far.  

I watched the derby on TV and as noted, and I do not want to body shame any players, but a few looked out of shape and were technically not up to standard, unable to pass a ball 10 yards under no pressure. 

Hopefully, the women's team will push on and form will improve. With the financial support, facilities they have and youth coming through there really is no excuse.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:56, Nookie Bear said:

Wow, dinosaurs are still alive and continue to talk about things they know nothing about. 

Hearts keep the ball well. They just need to be a bit calmer in attack. Stretching Spartans but a lot of overhit forward passs. Only real proper chance created was the goal.

2 good goals by Spartans from good crosses and headers though the first goal was bizarre as a Hearts player on line had a very easy clearance but somehow didn't really seem to bother and mishit it.

Spartans survived a penalty shout for handball. 

1 player from each side subbed for concussion. Both played on and had to stop. Emma Brownlie for Hearts. 

Looking at the line up today it made me wonder how many times has this XI played together? They seem to have zero chemistry. This is a really bad result so hopefully they turn it around but questions have to be asked at this point. For the amount of investment to have lost half the matches played this season is disastrous 

Fantastic to turn it around. If only the men's team was capable of that kind of attitude. I suppose there are still questions to be asked about how they found themselves 3-1 down to begin with. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Spartans 3 Hearts 4

Adamolekun a big stand out. Scored winner too but wait till you see her first goal to equalise. 

Probably goal of the decade. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Ultimate Worrier
47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Full time 4-3

Nice one. I was walking past along the cycle path for our third goal. Had to look on Twitter to see who it was for!

1 minute ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Nice one. I was walking past along the cycle path for our third goal. Had to look on Twitter to see who it was for!

Actual winning goal

20231015_155607.jpg

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Fantastic to turn it around. If only the men's team was capable of that kind of attitude. I suppose there are still questions to be asked about how they found themselves 3-1 down to begin with. 

Comparing men's football to women's football is like comparing steak with spam.  

59 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

How many people are attending these matches? 

58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

League table later. One other early kick off.

Cricket scores damage the credibility of the woman's game.  Then you realise that score could just have easily been in the men's game. 

FTH

4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Wow, dinosaurs are still alive and continue to talk about things they know nothing about. 

Nice try. Im not the one perving over the Head Coach or drooling over women’s footballers like Benny Hill. 

How many were at the game?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0