Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

All teams bar Hearts appear to give youth an opportunity.  The investment in this team has not produced any progression this season, numerous signings that have added very little.  

Following the Hearts B and Academy  twitter feed it would appear that we are doing well at youth level with numerous youth internationals.  Why are these girls overlooked?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

We seem to be going backwards under Eva

Hibs players know what winning the derby means to there club,  Since Eva has come in the team has lost all the local players, Hibs still maintain an element of local girls to whom the derby is the biggest game, the derby is just another game for Eva unfortunately.

i will admit the standard of player is higher than it ever was, but they have lost something, sometimes a team needs that extra element 

3 minutes ago, keifrb said:

All teams bar Hearts appear to give youth an opportunity.  The investment in this team has not produced any progression this season, numerous signings that have added very little.  

Following the Hearts B and Academy  twitter feed it would appear that we are doing well at youth level with numerous youth internationals.  Why are these girls overlooked?

All the local girls who had came up through the age group teams have all been moved  out since Eva came in and there is a definite reluctance to give the up and coming young players any opportunities.

Just now, jbee647 said:

All the local girls who had came up through the age group teams have all been moved  out since Eva came in and there is a definite reluctance to give the up and coming young players any opportunities.

Where have we seen that before?

I cant quite remember:whistling:

gordon simpson
6 minutes ago, flem said:

Decent crowd, looks similar to most of the hobos men's games. 

Standard is dreadful though. 

aye thought they were going to say about 16000

Malinga the Swinga

I know it wasn't best game, I know result disappointing but that header at the end looked well over the line before Hibs keeper cleared it.

2 minutes of stupidity cost us that game

Horatio Caine
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know it wasn't best game, I know result disappointing but that header at the end looked well over the line before Hibs keeper cleared it.

Where have I seen that before?

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Given as a free-kick to Hibs.

54 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Fair play to anyone who sits through this garbage 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

It was very poor stuff indeed - the tickets transpired to be a little over-priced!

Mind you, for those of us who suffered through the Edinburgh derbies of the seventies...

9 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Another defeat. Eva's position must now be on a shoogly peg.

Doubt it

i think Eva is the poster girl for Hearts women, certainly better known than any of the players 

Exceptionally poor again

Our academy teams would do better than 7 of the first team, once again our full time team is beaten by amateur's.

Serious questions need asked about the standard of coaching and fitness with this setup

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Exceptionally poor again

Our academy teams would do better than 7 of the first team, once again our full time team is beaten by amateur's.

Serious questions need asked about the standard of coaching and fitness with this setup

Give it a rest you complete bore. You aren't happy, get over it. 

23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Give it a rest you complete bore. You aren't happy, get over it. 

I guess you're happy with underachieving losers? 

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

At least Hearts U14 girls beat Rangers in their youth cup quarter final this morning.

was it not the semi final ? 

gorgierulesapply88
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

At least Hearts U14 girls beat Rangers in their youth cup quarter final this morning.

My mates daughter is captain, seems a very very good player.

As he was aswell.

Was a semi-final*

Edited by gorgierulesapply88

Lord Montpelier
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Got some good wee players in that team. Celtic in the final I think. 

4 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Fair play to anyone who sits through this garbage 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I made the effort to watch it. God it was dire.

iain ferguson
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Got some good wee players in that team. Celtic in the final I think. 

Yes, next Saturday in East Kilbride for some reason. Girls showed a lot more guts than most recent Hearts teams and beat a decent Rangers team 2-1. 

27 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Cap well and truly dothed. 

You deserve your pint and nip tonight 💯

Great game between two teams both 'going for it'.

Two teams almost equal in skill, at any level, is way more entertaining than watching the likes of Man City trammel a club several levels below ... imho.

As always, some superb moves (from both teams), no shortage of skill (albeit with errors often seen by not only our men's team but EPL teams), some meaty challenges, much athleticism on display, and much, much more.

Why is it that some folks see fit to denigrate our women's team after any defeat?

Rhetorical Q 👆.

As for those who still think that Hearts are wasting money on the women's team?

You lot are either interlopers, or a bit thick.

Likely both.

❤️❤️G❤️

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Two teams almost equal in skill, at any level, is way more entertaining than watching the likes of Man City trammel a club several levels below ... imho.

As always, some superb moves (from both teams), no shortage of skill (albeit with errors often seen by not only our men's team but EPL teams), some meaty challenges, much athleticism on display, and much, much more.

Why is it that some folks see fit to denigrate our women's team after any defeat?

Rhetorical Q 👆.

Likely both.

❤️❤️G❤️

Went down with my 7 year old daughter. Played along to encourage it but sorry the standard is so poor. I want it to be great but sorry, it’s not even technically good.

100% effort no doubt but hoping that it will come on leaps and bounds over next 10 years and current lot act as inspiration to get more girls involved. 

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Rhetorical Q 👆.

Likely both.

❤️❤️G❤️

Have a word lad FFS

7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Rhetorical Q 👆.

Likely both.

❤️❤️G❤️

It's absolute garbage. But continue kidding yourself on that it's good, if it makes you feel better. 

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Rhetorical Q 👆.

Likely both.

❤️❤️G❤️

Trust me if it was the men's team losing the derby the comments would be much stronger. The women's team lost the derby for the second time in a few weeks so will understandably be subject to criticism.

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Rhetorical Q 👆.

Likely both.

❤️❤️G❤️

Mikey have to disagree with you here.

The game was rotten. Both teams for large parts of the game lacked the basic skills of trapping a football and passing it to a team mate. There was no rhythm to the game and the team that made the most mistakes, in this case Hearts lost the game.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Women - Hibs 2 Hearts 1
12 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Likely both

Explain the return on it to us thick interlopers. 

In numbers. 

I think woman's football as a whole needed to change to suit the players - 80min games, smaller goals, slightly shorter pitch. You adapt at youth football to suit the physical size and demands of players, woman's tennis is 3 sets, golf play shorter tees but football is like for like.

The game itself was rubbish, lacked quality and the basics at that. 

Hearts no.4 missed an absolute sitter, the goalie chucked the first in too.

Hearts game plan seemed to be hit strikers feet (no.23) to hold it up and bring others into play. Only this never worked.

Only when no.17 came on and we play balls in behind did we look to threaten. That's on the management, play to your strengths. 

We're not good enough for possession football, playing a running style would suit this team much more and take advantage of the massive gaps on the park 

Lord Montpelier
8 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Went down with my 7 year old daughter. Played along to encourage it but sorry the standard is so poor. I want it to be great but sorry, it’s not even technically good.

100% effort no doubt but hoping that it will come on leaps and bounds over next 10 years and current lot act as inspiration to get more girls involved. 

Participation numbers mushroomed a few years ago for girls born roughly 2009 onwards. I think Hearts have caught more than their fair share in the academy and well nurtured will make a huge difference to the first team. But they will need the opportunities to play and might take a little patience (in some cases going to take 5+ years to see them come through)

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Participation numbers mushroomed a few years ago for girls born roughly 2009 onwards. I think Hearts have caught more than their fair share in the academy and well nurtured will make a huge difference to the first team. But they will need the opportunities to play and might take a little patience (in some cases going to take 5+ years to see them come through)

My daughters are 10 and 7 and have both given it a go. Was over 100 girls across 3 age groups so def getting popular. They didn’t stick it out but was great to see so many youngsters involved 

15 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

Yes I watched it as well but don’t think yesterday’s game was any worse than what’s on offer in England last season they peddled the NLD built it up to the equivalent of the men’s version and certainly wasn’t, no saying England is as poor as us but it’s no the o it’s cracked up to be you see that by the attendances 

8 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Have a word lad FFS

I thank you sincerely for your well considered and insightful input.👍

Presumably, you don't 'get' the nature of competition. One day, when you're as auld as this 'lad' the penny may finally drop.

9 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Aye, maybe not top notch, but many aspects of that match simply mirrored the failings of pro men's teams.

At least we, along with others, are doing the best we can to acheive the hope embodied in your 2nd paragraph.

Onwards and upwards.

6 hours ago, Sir PH said:

It's absolute garbage. But continue kidding yourself on that it's good, if it makes you feel better. 

Come OAN, mon!

What on earth do you expect from a woman's derby? If you're getting yer knickers in a twist about less than stellar performances then simply avoid.

2 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Trust me if it was the men's team losing the derby the comments would be much stronger. The women's team lost the derby for the second time in a few weeks so will understandably be subject to criticism.

And rightly so, but no need for OTT hyperbole which not only casts aspertions towards our women's coach, but, as always, erroniously suggests that we're wasting dosh on the women's team to the detriment of our men's squad.

Joined-up thinking seems to elude some of those who post without thought.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Mikey have to disagree with you here.

The game was rotten. Both teams for large parts of the game lacked the basic skills of trapping a football and passing it to a team mate. There was no rhythm to the game and the team that made the most mistakes, in this case Hearts lost the game.

You, of all people, surely know that anyone, whether male or female, who can get game time with even the likes of Edinburgh City (or whatever similar team) are already pretty skillful footballers.

I'm not disagreeing with you in absolute terms, but all the constant comparisons with boy's teams v women's teams seems to me to be just people not understanding the nature of competition.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Explain the return on it to us thick interlopers. 

In numbers. 

Just imagine, for a moment, where we'd be without the input of those such as Mr Anderson.

There's a lot more to our future progression than pissing dosh up the wall of a public toilet for short-term success.

Thankfully, we have people with a bit more foresight on board.

Long may that continue.

1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

I think woman's football as a whole needed to change to suit the players - 80min games, smaller goals, slightly shorter pitch. You adapt at youth football to suit the physical size and demands of players, woman's tennis is 3 sets, golf play shorter tees but football is like for like.

The game itself was rubbish, lacked quality and the basics at that. 

Hearts no.4 missed an absolute sitter, the goalie chucked the first in too.

Hearts game plan seemed to be hit strikers feet (no.23) to hold it up and bring others into play. Only this never worked.

Only when no.17 came on and we play balls in behind did we look to threaten. That's on the management, play to your strengths. 

We're not good enough for possession football, playing a running style would suit this team much more and take advantage of the massive gaps on the park 

Good assessment.

Mind you, I cannae help but remember Boyce missing a golden opportunity header v Zurich when we were on top of that game.

It really isn't a women's v men's game issue.

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Agreed.

Thanks to Baillie Gifford, we've seen attendances for our women's derby matches mushroom.

That's an example of benefactors doing their best to promote the game.

Can you even imagine what it's like for both H15S' & Hearts' women's players to run out to circa 5K support vis-a-vis their usual attendances?

Folks sticking the boot in must have a jaundiced outlook on life. 😄 

Mikey. I didn't compare it to a man's game.

I judged it as a stand alone football game. These women players are getting paid to play now. In terms of footballing ability alone. Yesterday's game was poor. The ability from the players of both teams Yesterday was poor. The majority of them struggled to bring the football under control and the passing from both teams was piss poor.

In terms of showcasing football skill. 

Yesterday was a poor showing by all on the park.

10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I thank you sincerely for your well considered and insightful input.👍

Presumably, you don't 'get' the nature of competition. One day, when you're as auld as this 'lad' the penny may finally drop.

Aye, maybe not top notch, but many aspects of that match simply mirrored the failings of pro men's teams.

At least we, along with others, are doing the best we can to acheive the hope embodied in your 2nd paragraph.

Onwards and upwards.

Come OAN, mon!

What on earth do you expect from a woman's derby? If you're getting yer knickers in a twist about less than stellar performances then simply avoid.

And rightly so, but no need for OTT hyperbole which not only casts aspertions towards our women's coach, but, as always, erroniously suggests that we're wasting dosh on the women's team to the detriment of our men's squad.

Joined-up thinking seems to elude some of those who post without thought.

You, of all people, surely know that anyone, whether male or female, who can get game time with even the likes of Edinburgh City (or whatever similar team) are already pretty skillful footballers.

I'm not disagreeing with you in absolute terms, but all the constant comparisons with boy's teams v women's teams seems to me to be just people not understanding the nature of competition.

Just imagine, for a moment, where we'd be without the input of those such as Mr Anderson.

There's a lot more to our future progression than pissing dosh up the wall of a public toilet for short-term success.

Thankfully, we have people with a bit more foresight on board.

Long may that continue.

Good assessment.

Mind you, I cannae help but remember Boyce missing a golden opportunity header v Zurich when we were on top of that game.

It really isn't a women's v men's game issue.

Agreed.

Thanks to Baillie Gifford, we've seen attendances for our women's derby matches mushroom.

That's an example of benefactors doing their best to promote the game.

Can you even imagine what it's like for both H15S' & Hearts' women's players to run out to circa 5K support vis-a-vis their usual attendances?

Folks sticking the boot in must have a jaundiced outlook on life. 😄 

My knickers remain in a state of untwistedness. Oh, and I didn't watch a second of it.

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

My knickers remain in a state of untwistedness. Oh, and I didn't watch a second of it.

👆 says it all, so it does.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Mikey. I didn't compare it to a man's game.

I judged it as a stand alone football game. These women players are getting paid to play now. In terms of footballing ability alone. Yesterday's game was poor. The ability from the players of both teams Yesterday was poor. The majority of them struggled to bring the football under control and the passing from both teams was piss poor.

In terms of showcasing football skill. 

Yesterday was a poor showing by all on the park.

Well, what I saw were two teams pretty well matched with some right good passing on show ... plus individual determination and effort ... and errors aplenty. So what?

I did have a wee chuckle at us, yet again, playing a game whereby we offered up our wide areas ... just like our men's team.

In my mind's eye, I see coaches taking on board that which they must surely learn on a flip-board and vid re-plays whilst gaining their badges. Lol.

Playing deep & narrow only ever, to me, gives the opposition too many chances to fire in crosses and then? It's only a matter of time. You see it just as much in the EPL.

Our memorable wins v the uglies come via getting in their faces and working our socks off. Defo not by standing off and giving arguably better players time & space to take several touches and pick out passes.

Last season, our men's team gave us all the fear for every inward bound cross, whether  via open play or set pieces ... and we were culpable ... not least by not addressing our central defensive shortcomings.

All an opposing manager need do is coach their team to fire off a wide diagonal pass and that's us facing yet another ball into our box.

Thankfully, Kent has helped us in that department, but ... my point is that it's not just the women's team that come up short as regards such.

Ach weel ...

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2