Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Aye that Delworth lassie is shite though.

I would bin her😉☺☺🤣

Sadly wasn’t her best game , her words not mine , although I won’t disagree with that , a hip injury was hampering her and she wasn’t happy that she couldn’t get up and down the line as she’d like to have done  .

Not sure if it was a case of showing them too much respect at the start or they were just better , if the pen had gone in might’ve been different but that’s fitba.

Second half they had more self belief and showed that they could pass the ball well and get in behind their defence , I do believe Hearts are getting closer to them .

The winter break gives them a chance to regroup , the main target this season is to stay up which means beating the teams around us , which they should be capable of doing . 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sadly wasn’t her best game , her words not mine , although I won’t disagree with that , a hip injury was hampering her and she wasn’t happy that she couldn’t get up and down the line as she’d like to have done  .

Not sure if it was a case of showing them too much respect at the start or they were just better , if the pen had gone in might’ve been different but that’s fitba.

Second half they had more self belief and showed that they could pass the ball well and get in behind their defence , I do believe Hearts are getting closer to them .

The winter break gives them a chance to regroup , the main target this season is to stay up which means beating the teams around us , which they should be capable of doing . 

They will stay up. Tell yer lassie to keep her head up. Hibs know we are getting closer to them each game. Next time gie that Siobhan Hunter a sair yin.

Some really shit takes on this thread, but can't say I'm surprised. Anyone saying that was utter dross last night is off their nut, or clearly trying to get a rise out of people. I've seen countless more games that were much worse than that, particularly Hearts games.

It was my first women's match, and while I wasn't expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely a lot slower paced game, but both teams played some nice football. Hibs clearly the better side, but can see what Hearts were trying to do. Hibs have been an established team for a couple of decades now, so to see how Hearts have come along in such a short space of time is impressive.

Hackney Hearts
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shame the crowd wasn’t bigger but at this time with what’s going on 3508 isn’t bad at all. 

I've been in smaller league crowds than that for the men's team...

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I've been in smaller league crowds than that for the men's team...

Was it not free entry last night? 

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not one Hearts player is married and as far as I’m aware none of them have kids. Our oldest player is 27 then we have another who is around 23? ,a couple of 21 year olds and the rest are teenagers .

Ok so I'm wrong about the hearts girls but certainly not the hibs .

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ffs, it's a thread about the game last night. 

Start a "women's football oot" thread if you want.

You and your ilk are destroying every women's football thread with your shite. 

You don't like it, we get it. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

To be fair, if someone is going to play the attendance card then it's only fair to point out the tickets were free, and not £20+ as most SPFL tickets are.

We do the same when hibs give out free tickets for their men's games - Call them out on it.

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gies peace. You can't boast about attendances when it didn't cost a penny to get in. Again, I wouldn't expect you to grasp that. 

15 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

That was seriously awful. Like watching an under 12 team play up at Cowden Park. These lassies must think all their Christmases have come at once getting to play at Tynie. Unbelievable stuff.

There's no misogyny inherent in this post. No, none at all. Definitely not.

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because I don't like women's football I'm a troll? 😃

There's a difference between not liking something and actively seeking out to disparage it at every opportunity. You could have just ignored this thread, but you didn't. What exactly is it you're afraid of? That women are given equal opportunities to live their lives to the full as men are?

Wasn’t there and didn’t see it on TV, but getting beat by Hibs means in my opinion we should be investing more into the women’s game, if anything. Can’t be having derby losses too much in the future.

The overall women’s game has a big future, we need to ride the crest of that wave, not act like old bald (always bald) divorced men that have had the wives turned the weans against us. Not least as we want more people supporting Hearts as a club, if our daughters and granddaughters can grow up dreaming of playing for Hearts as a reality then that’s more bums in seats at Tynecastle, so I’m all for it.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There's a difference between not liking something and actively seeking out to disparage it at every opportunity. You could have just ignored this thread, but you didn't. What exactly is it you're afraid of? That women are given equal opportunities to live their lives to the full as men are?

Fair enough, but hopefully we don't see you on any threads having a go at Hibs, Rangers or Celtic. After all, we know you don't like them so there's no need to constantly have a go at them. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Fair enough, but hopefully we don't see you on any threads having a go at Hibs, Rangers or Celtic. After all, we know you don't like them so there's no need to constantly have a go at them. 

Are you equating Hearts Women with Hibs, Rangers or Celtic?

There is a mechanism available to change your username, you know. You should consider changing yours to "Forever Hearts (Men only)".

Look, we are all well aware that you don't like women's football, but can't you see that it's not very gentlemanly to come on to a thread that's discussing a women's football match involving our club and our city rivals and pontificate on how you think women's football is crap? It's very "Karen" behaviour, imo.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've got a feeling those games in the early 1980s wouldn't have got any more folk in if they'd been free entry. In fact, maybe not even if the club had paid people to come along...

But yes, obviously, the crowd last night would presumably have been smaller last night if you'd had to pay. That said, it was available to stream live (not an option in the 80s), and it seems quite a few took advantage of that.

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Are you equating Hearts Women with Hibs, Rangers or Celtic?

There is a mechanism available to change your username, you know. You should consider changing yours to "Forever Hearts (Men only)".

Look, we are all well aware that you don't like women's football, but can't you see that it's not very gentlemanly to come on to a thread that's discussing a women's football match involving our club and our city rivals and pontificate on how you think women's football is crap? It's very "Karen" behaviour, imo.

No, but it's the same principle. 

I'm not allowed to criticise the womens game but others can criticise everything else, all day every day. 

As for the Karen chat...🙈

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, if someone is going to play the attendance card then it's only fair to point out the tickets were free, and not £20+ as most SPFL tickets are.

We do the same when hibs give out free tickets for their men's games - Call them out on it.

It's why it comes to the attendance card is the issue. 

Same folk, same shite. 

Some folk have kids playing in the women's game, some have a genuine interest in it and the games we play. 

Hearts have a women's team, they have girls teams. 

From this day on they always will. 

Some folk need to deal with that. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Gies peace. You can't boast about attendances when it didn't cost a penny to get in. Again, I wouldn't expect you to grasp that. 

Boast... 

Ffs. 

Give yourself a break. 

You need to "grasp" the fact that Hearts have a women's team, they always will from now on. 

No matter how much of a tantrum you put out there they are here stay. 

There No need to bring every match thread into the same debate, start a thread on the merits of women's football, or better yet piss of and debate the merit of women's club football on another platform. 

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boast... 

Ffs. 

Give yourself a break. 

You need to "grasp" the fact that Hearts have a women's team, they always will from now on. 

No matter how much of a tantrum you put out there they are here stay. 

There No need to bring every match thread into the same debate, start a thread on the merits of women's football, or better yet piss of and debate the merit of women's club football on another platform. 

Nope. I'll post where I like.👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Nope. I'll post where I like.👍

Good, because you do give folk a good laugh.

40 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Are we still in the Cup? Does it follow the gentlemen's timetable in the new year?

1st or 2nd round games starting this weekend.

Not sure what round we enter but next rounds are 9 January then 13 February.

Edited by Mikey1874

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

1st or 2nd round games starting this weekend.

Not sure what round we enter but next rounds are 9 January then 13 February.

Think it will be after new year due to elite status. 

Forever Hearts
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good, because you do give folk a good laugh.

You're easily the biggest slaver on here. 

9 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because I don't like women's football I'm a troll? 😃

Away back under your rickety-rackety bridge where you belong and take your misogamy and bigotry with you. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Away back under your rickety-rackety bridge where you belong and take your misogamy and bigotry with you. 

:yas:

And

:yas:

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're easily the biggest slaver on here. 

Aye OK, Mr  "best teams don't win leagues". 

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Any cricket threads knocking about, I despise cricket so I'm desperate to read and comment about it.

Cheers.

Wish I was you.  I love cricket and am depressed at England's current performances.  Also thoroughly enjoy womens football, Hearts and haggis.

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wish I was you.  I love cricket and am depressed at England's current performances.  Also thoroughly enjoy womens football, Hearts and haggis.

Come on Doug.you should be supporting your neighbours.

I certainly am.(that's your neighbours not mine😊)

2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

As far anyone could tell was there a pretty even split of fans or were there just a  few of them in the Roseburn.😊

There was less in the Roseburn but there was some interlopers in the main 😸  I'd say more hearts than hibs overall easy. 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, sirwalter said:

😂 Some quality virtue signalling there.👍

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye OK, Mr  "best teams don't win leagues". 

🤣🤣🤣

Ah, doing your old trick of making things up when you're struggling.😁

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was indeed a massive improvement. Some slick passing, fine ball control, a fantastic 'Gordon-esque' save towards the end, and no lack of effort.

Onwards and upwards.

7 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Ok so I'm wrong about the hearts girls but certainly not the hibs .

There’s certainly a few of them that have bairns , might be one or two with a generation after that too 😉

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

There’s certainly a few of them that have bairns , might be one or two with a generation after that too 😉

Certainly didn't realise the hearts goalkeeper was only 15 .just proves i should check before I type ☹️

Maroon Sailor
25 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Do you know the Hibs goalie from her time at Hearts ?

What was all that falling to the ground every time she made a save standing up ?

9 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Certainly didn't realise the hearts goalkeeper was only 15 .just proves i should check before I type ☹️

Don’t worry about it , it is a very young team we have. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What was all that falling to the ground every time she made a save standing up ?

She had obviously been watching McGregor's time wasting antics

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I do . 

When she was with us and we were under a bit of pressure I explained to her to do what she did last night to take off a bit of pressure🙈🙈🙈
Im not sure if she was taking the piss or not last night as my daughter and her don’t seem to be friends anymore .

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I do . 

When she was with us and we were under a bit of pressure I explained to her to do what she did last night to take off a bit of pressure🙈🙈🙈
Im not sure if she was taking the piss or not last night as my daughter and her don’t seem to be friends anymore .

So it was your fault. One incident in second half saw her catch ball, stand for about 10 seconds and then fall forwards.

Definite improvement, so if we can survive the season, things looking up.

3 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Didn’t realise the keeper was only 15

It's all changed since Alex Ferguson went for a young keeper in De Gea after saying you had to have an experienced keeper. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I do . 

Definitely taking the piss by the length of time she took before deciding to fall to the ground with the ball.

Should've been booked for it

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2