Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Great to see , Eva has improved us and the age of the team bodes well. Some of the shit posted on here is utterly pathetic! As is talk of us winning titles. PT team up against full time funded Rangers and Celtic teams.

Forsyth who went off is a good player. Great feet. Also no 73 (no name) good left peg and strong. Also 12 who came on and got Hearts on front foot. Only awkward bouncing balls in the box stopped a dig for an equalizer and then you have the penalty miss.

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Genuine question, what is the commercial benefit of hearts having a womans team? Can female footballers be sold for profit (I.e players sales out weight operating costs)?

Folk slagging it must only watch the top teams in the world play. 

Otherwise what is the point - it's shiiit. 

1 minute ago, Renoir said:

Genuine question, what is the commercial benefit of hearts having a womans team? Can female footballers be sold for profit (I.e players sales out weight operating costs)?

Yes. 

6 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Their is none

4 minutes ago, Renoir said:

No commercial benefit , no benefits at all , infact its time we banned any person from tynie inless they have a dick. If you need to ask what benefits having a womans team have you are not asking a genuine question.

2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Yes. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Couple of French players we're looking  at signing on 4 year deals to sell on...

Heard ones Loisa Damour

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Yes. 

What kind of profit are we talking about here? Can't say I noticed that in the accounts. I assume the additional WEPL funding would be the primary target market.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What kind of transfer fees exchange hands between Scottish clubs? 

No idea between Scottish clubs to be fair. 

But the fact that the English Women's league now has a £30million sponsorship deal means there's money in the game. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

But the fact that the English Women's league now has a £30million sponsorship deal means there's money in the game. 

There is, just not our game. 

19 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Forsyth who went off is a good player. Great feet. Also no 73 (no name) good left peg and strong. Also 12 who came on and got Hearts on front foot. Only awkward bouncing balls in the box stopped a dig for an equalizer and then you have the penalty miss.

I hope Eva gets the time and some extra investment , she is making a difference. The amount of work Hughes did with the lassies last year too has to have helped. Good that at least the people who matter are determined to see us progress

Pasquale for King

Looks like progress is being made and nobody needs to tell them winning these games would make a great difference in helping our team to grow. 
Onwards and upwards. 
Shame the crowd wasn’t bigger but at this time with what’s going on 3508 isn’t bad at all. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Our trade in and out isnt restricted to Scotland though is it. 

If we produce a good player she can move south for money. Just like the men's game.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I hope Eva gets the time and some extra investment , she is making a difference. The amount of work Hughes did with the lassies last year too has to have helped. Good that at least the people who matter are determined to see us progress

In the second half they were moving the ball on first time as Hibs came in to challenge. Some great passages winning corners in quick succession.  Hibs slicing balls out for a good while. Rattled. Yes, they got the third but it flattered them.

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I think this needs to be kept in mind. Women’s football is already being cornered by the elite and they will not be interested in the likes of us.

Over the next few years the WSL will resemble the EPL with the richest clubs dominating. It’s being sold on the basis of the big name teams - Chelsea, Arsenal etc - and is becoming a closed shop already. 

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Our trade in and out isnt restricted to Scotland though is it. 

If we produce a good player she can move south for money. Just like the men's game.

Not a bouquet and box of chocs?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think this needs to be kept in mind. Women’s football is already being cornered by the elite and they will not be interested in the likes of us.

Over the next few years the WSL will resemble the EPL with the richest clubs dominating. It’s being sold on the basis of the big name teams - Chelsea, Arsenal etc - and is becoming a closed shop already. 

Like the closed shop the Scottish men's game is then.

Edited by Mikey1874

AlphonseCapone

It blows my mind that women's football isn't at the same standard as men's, I mean it's almost like men have had literally over a hundred years head start in terms of development, investment, access to resources, training, professionalism etc. Oh wait... 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Like the closed shop the Scottish men's game is then.

Not really the same. 

But tv companies will not be j retested in the Hearts or hibs women’s teams. Guess which Scottish teams they will want to show…

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not really the same. 

But tv companies will not be j retested in the Hearts or hibs women’s teams. Guess which Scottish teams they will want to show…

Yeah.

English league is far more competitive.

14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It blows my mind that women's football isn't at the same standard as men's, I mean it's almost like men have had literally over a hundred years head start in terms of development, investment, access to resources, training, professionalism etc. Oh wait... 

Closer to 150 with that bit. Until not very long ago most training regimes were designed for men and adapted rather than being designed for women and their genetic/hormonal differences. Baffling though isnt it. How dare they not have penises , emm i mean not be as good 

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Hearts women is a lot like watching Scotland for me. Good if we win but meh. 

I'd say that about the women's Scotland team (but not any team wearing Hearts strips. Any age group, any sex.)

Some really weird views on here. Rushing to say how shite something is.

These are young amateurs who will be buzzing to represent Hearts at Tynecastle and play in a televised game. They and their families will probably log on to see the reaction and get that kind of response. 

From what I seen I think there's clearly been a big improvement in them. They looked ot move the ball quickly and for a large period had Hibs pinned back. Onwards and upwards. 

Back home from the match.

Actually enjoyed it for what it was, a football match. Not the highest standard, but didn't expect it to be Liverpool v PSG. 

Missed the first goal so can't comment, second goal was a poor one to lose, bit of a mix-up in defence etc. 

If the penalty was scored it would have made a big difference, Hearts scored a very good goal. 

Several player with good touch and some skills on show. Centre halfs not shy in carrying the ball out of defence. 

Unlucky not to have scored a second, which if we had we would have looked more likely to win as they were pretty rattled for most of the second half.

Two female family members in attendance at their first football match,  and first time at Tynie. Both enjoyed it. 

Hope the ladies enjoyed the experience, despite the result. 

:flag1:

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

These are young amateurs who will be buzzing to represent Hearts at Tynecastle and play in a televised game. They and their families will probably log on to see the reaction and get that kind of response. 

From what I seen I think there's clearly been a big improvement in them. They looked ot move the ball quickly and for a large period had Hibs pinned back. Onwards and upwards. 

Have we just to pretend it's something it's not? 

I'm more than happy.  Great for them to play in front of a big crowd at Tynie.  Now that we're becoming more established, I hope thrashings from them are a thing of the past.

57 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Community benefit I suspect. Watch about 3 mins of the second half then moved to another tab and forgot about it.

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Have we just to pretend it's something it's not? 

You could either take it for what it is  which is amateur football played by young women. Or skip commenting. 

I get it's a forum. But I fail to see what slaughtering youngsters doing their best while representing Hearts does for anyone.

2 hours ago, Rockwell said:

At first and last women's game deary me seen a better pub game 

Changed my mind a bit  enjoyed second half some nice skill from young hearts girls . But don't know if I would travel through from Dundee to watch another one .

6 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Changed my mind a bit  enjoyed second half some nice skill from young hearts girls . But don't know if I would travel through from Dundee to watch another one .

Probably worth it 

53 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You could either take it for what it is  which is amateur football played by young women. Or skip commenting. 

I get it's a forum. But I fail to see what slaughtering youngsters doing their best while representing Hearts does for anyone.

Forever Hearts has been looking forward to another night of trolling all day. Do not get involved with him he's got women issues.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder if the club will take the plunge and make the woman team full time professionals? 

Hope not unless a benefactor funds it.

scott herbertson

Wasn't there, but just watching on the Beeb I enjoyed it.

There has been a vast improvement in the standard of Hearts play over the last 18 months. 

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Some of the players in both teams are married women with kids they are not  under 16 girls teams

I enjoyed that match, other than the result!

The ball control, running, passing, and general effort (from both teams) was of a high quality. It was clear that we've come on leaps and bounds since the last derby.

Having said that, as per the previous derby, the Hibs team were better, and they deserved to win. But, Hearts were much improved. Good progress, methinks.

Also, a surprisingly intense atmosphere.

Very enjoyable, and a great night under the lights.

If we continue to improve as demonstrated in this game then it's looking good for us.

A fab night of competitive football.

❤❤G❤

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, jager man said:

Forever Hearts has been looking forward to another night of trolling all day. Do not get involved with him he's got women issues.

Because I don't like women's football I'm a troll? 😃

6 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Some of the players in both teams are married women with kids they are not  under 16 girls teams

Not one Hearts player is married and as far as I’m aware none of them have kids. Our oldest player is 27 then we have another who is around 23? ,a couple of 21 year olds and the rest are teenagers .

Was at the match and thoroughly enjoyable.  Women's football is getting better all the time with more girls playing, and access to better facilities and coaching helping. 

Daughter plays for one of the Hearts youth teams, and at this level they are currently doing very well as they get access to the same training and facilities as the boys.  Outperforming Hibs easily and completing with the Glasgow teams, with girls who are younger than their opponents generally.  I believe we will reap these rewards in the next 3-4 seasons if this trajectory is maintained. We have a young team  and they are gaining experience all the time.

50 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not one Hearts player is married and as far as I’m aware none of them have kids. Our oldest player is 27 then we have another who is around 23? ,a couple of 21 year olds and the rest are teenagers .

Aye that Delworth lassie is shite though.

I would bin her😉☺☺🤣

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2