Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Arseholes , should refuse to play when a derby is on 🤣

2pm better surely given it's a noon kick off for the (mens) derby?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, kila said:

2pm better surely given it's a noon kick off for the (mens) derby?

Yep but for some reason spartans have changed it 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

the goals from yesterday. Lovely football from Hearts then the referee takes over for Accies 

Jesus, neither was a penalty but particularly the last one. Should’ve been a free kick for us for crying out loud. Dangerous play on the keeper all day long.

12 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

the goals from yesterday. Lovely football from Hearts then the referee takes over for Accies 

That 2nd was never a penalty in a million years.

16 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Shocking refereeing. First one is a blatant dive, the second is an assault on the goalie. Only person there that deemed them penalties was the referee.

Questions should be asked.

Second penalty, I thought was correct (the first having been saved in the first half - very soft award), but the third was an appalling decision. I thought our girls played some nice football, created several decent chances.

Sounded like a decent turn out yo watch as well. The girls will appreciate that.

9 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Second penalty, I thought was correct (the first having been saved in the first half - very soft award), but the third was an appalling decision. I thought our girls played some nice football, created several decent chances.

I think the keeper got the ball then the collision happened , but has the rule changed as I thought she should’ve been red carded if he gave a penalty 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

I think the keeper got the ball then the collision happened , but has the rule changed as I thought she should’ve been red carded if he gave a penalty 

Exactly, "preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity". But the goalkeeper clearly got to the ball first, then collided with the attacker. No foul in my opinion. Not even close.

21 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Exactly, "preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity". But the goalkeeper clearly got to the ball first, then collided with the attacker. No foul in my opinion. Not even close.

The first half penalty that Charlotte saved , could that be described as denying a goal scoring opportunity as well ? If so should that not have been a red card too? 

Im hoping someone can clear this rule up for me , I’d hate to think he got it wrong twice 

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The first half penalty that Charlotte saved , could that be described as denying a goal scoring opportunity as well ? If so should that not have been a red card too? 

Im hoping someone can clear this rule up for me , I’d hate to think he got it wrong twice 

If there’s an attempt to play the ball then it’s not a red card, to prevent the “double jeopardy” rule. If someone is pulled down by a defender or keeper then it’s a red 

Is there any female referees in the Scottish women's game? If not, maybe the authorities should be trying to encourage more to get involved at that level.  

Not against male refs here, just maybe something that could encourage women into the game who don't want to get involved in the playing side.  

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Is there any female referees in the Scottish women's game? If not, maybe the authorities should be trying to encourage more to get involved at that level.  

Not against male refs here, just maybe something that could encourage women into the game who don't want to get involved in the playing side.  

They should be looking at ex women players to take it up.

8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There are one or two , seen a few running the lines as well but certainly not enough 

13 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

If there’s an attempt to play the ball then it’s not a red card, to prevent the “double jeopardy” rule. If someone is pulled down by a defender or keeper then it’s a red 

Thanks 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

There are one or two , seen a few running the lines as well but certainly not enough 

I suppose with the game still trying to really establish itself here it will take a bit of time. 

Sorry for another question.  

Do you know if it is more difficult to get women officiating on the game?

The authorities might be trying but not getting more willing to try it.  

The last penalty looks worse than it did in real time 

really tough on the girls yesterday, but if you don’t take your chances and score goals you won’t win games 

They are a young side and definitely a little naive and probably too nice, An instance being after Hamiltons second goal, where our young full back burst into the box and tried to stay on her feet, older more experienced players would have looked for the penalty, also I think they were far too nice and accepting of that awful referees decisions, other teams would have been in his face after those dreadful decisions 

Nice teams don’t win, it’s a very hard learning curve for the girls, but they will need to grow up fast if they want to compete at this level 

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They should be looking at ex women players to take it up.

That's a very good idea.  I know its relatively early doors for the women's game up here, but maybe they should step up and try and encourage more to officiate at games.  

Ex players will probably more than happy to get back involved in the game, there's only so many coaching roles.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Ffs, how were they penalties? 

9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I suppose with the game still trying to really establish itself here it will take a bit of time. 

Sorry for another question.  

Do you know if it is more difficult to get women officiating on the game?

The authorities might be trying but not getting more willing to try it.  

It’ll be about trying to raise the profile of the game and hopefully that’ll help to attract more women to become referees . Given how little back chat there is in the women’s game it would be a decent place for women to learn the refereeing profession , they certainly couldn’t be as bad as the clown yesterday 

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It’ll be about trying to raise the profile of the game and hopefully that’ll help to attract more women to become referees . Given how little back chat there is in the women’s game it would be a decent place for women to learn the refereeing profession , they certainly couldn’t be as bad as the clown yesterday 

Coincidentally noticed something the other day.  I can't remember who, but I noticed ther was a player send off last week in a game and was wondering how many sending offs there are compared to the mens game. 

The mens game could learn a lot from them when it comes to how the conduct themselves on the park.  

2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

That 2nd pen was never a pen, yellow card for the attacker

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought the first was probably a penalty but surely the keeper is entitled to go for that second one. That was more the Hamilton player colliding with the keeper than the other way round.

3 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

First one was soft but could see why it was given, second was a decent brave stop by the keeper, not a chance a pen.

16 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

First one was soft but could see why it was given, second was a decent brave stop by the keeper, not a chance a pen.

I don’t think the second one was a penalty but not helped by the keeper hesitating at the last second 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'll be the ref on Sunday as a present for Boyle from the GFA. 

14 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I don’t think the second one was a penalty but not helped by the keeper hesitating at the last second 

Tbh I thought the defender should have dealt with it 

That's 3 of the worst penalty calls I've ever seen. The first one that's saved can maybe just about be defended because at least there's contact. Second is a blatant dive. Third is, if anything, a free kick to Hearts... 

Sums up the quality of Scottish referees under the (corrupt/incompetent) clowns that run the SFA.

Sad to see the women's game being let down too.

Edited by kila

That'll be the new tactic now.   "Aye, just run into the keeper, the ref's a clueless arsehole,  he'll give a penalty". 

Guarenteed the mens game will have afew incidents soon enough. 

Chins up up though ladies.    Just tidy your game up, learn from it, move on.    Until the next pillock of a ref' ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

Another aim of course would be players in the Scotland squad. 6 Rangers players in the latest squad announced by the new Spanish coach.  

20210907_131233.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

On 07/09/2021 at 13:16, Mikey1874 said:

Another aim of course would be players in the Scotland squad. 6 Rangers players in the latest squad announced by the new Spanish coach.  

20210907_131233.jpg

Not full squad but encouraging nonetheless 

Malinga the Swinga

While at gym on Wednesday, watched the Glasgow City Champions League match.

They were extremely poor and deservedly lost. While they are still relatively strong, their days of domination are over, and they are relying on their few remaining older/experienced players as their younger ones were nothing special.

No reason why, in next season or two, we cant progress and catch them. Just need to survive this season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts women - Aberdeen 2 Hearts 3 (title updated)
John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Well done to Hearts women for coming back from 2-0 down to win 2-3 against Aberdeen.

Excellent result.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2